Old 12-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #1  

Default International travel with packets?

Anyone travel through customs with packets?

We're looking at going to Mexico or Punta Cana (Dom Rep) from the US for my 50th in March. I could do a P2-type week if necessary but would prefer to continue P1 straight thru til the end, as long as I can bring my packets thru customs

Has anyone done it? Just thinking ahead...
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #2  
Started IP 6/14

S/C/G: 171.1/165.8/135

Height: 5'4"

My IP buddy (who isn't on the forums) has gone to France and the UK on phase 1 and didn't have any problems at all with the packets. She even packed RTDs in her checked luggage and no problems - she just had to be careful of the weight.

She even brought a bag of lettuce with her on an international flight -- she ate it all en route so didn't have to go through customs with it
jules26965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/164/135

Height: 5"4

I just got back from Puerto Vallarta and brought my drink packets and protein bars. I even took enough of the 1 oz. Walden Farms salad dressings in a ziplock bag to last a week. There were no problems going through airport security in the States. They did do a double check to see what the packets of dressing were though.

Once we got to Mexico, I declared the food on the form they give you to fill out on the airplane before landing. The customs agent asked what I had and I told him "protein drinks and protein bars." He waved me through but then we got a "red" light when we pushed the button (Mexico's way of randomly picking people to search) so we were told to open our bags by another agent. He went through my luggage and saw the packets and asked what they were. I told him food for my special diet and he waved us through.

I was worried about all this before the trip and I think I worried for nothing. I think it helps to keep the packets in their original boxes and sealed. The picture on the boxes helped with the language barrier!
enn25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

I went to the bahamas and checked in the rtd, curls and had no issues either.

all the best
sonyainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #5  

Location: Washington DC - or wheverever American Airlines is taking me at the moment!

Height: 5'6"

I traveled extensively internationally on IP and never had an issue -- you don't need to declare anything, even though it's food, as it's not a food customs in any country will have a concern about.

Just pack it all up, don't give it a second thought and enjoy your trip!
GloverParker is offline   Reply With Quote