Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Survived the weekend again. Had a T-bone steak for Sunday dinner...fattier (and probably bigger) than what I should be eating but it was super yummy. I am .2 away from my half way mark, hoping to get there by tomorrow and to lose 1 more lb by Thanksgiving to get to my mini-goal.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Good morning to everyone. Trying to have a lazy day at home as Monday and Tuesday are my only days off this week. With 3 day stretches of 12 hour days on my feet usually really cause water retention and appear to slow down my losses. If anyone else experiences this don't let it get you down because the plan is working and once I get better sleep whoosh the weight starts to come off. Hope everyone has a great week. As you can tell from the picture even with my husband at work I am never lonely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (16.0 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 11-19-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 223/183/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Losing lean muscle- any advice?

This is my first post on here, so don't shoot me if I have done it wrong somehow!. I have been struggling to maintain my lean muscle.. I was increased to 4 IP/ day on week 3 for this reason, maintained for awhile, and now on week 13 have lost lean muscle consistently for the last 5 weeks. My coach says this will slow fat loss, so we are trying to correct this.. though she says I should be getting plenty of protein on 4 IP/day. Any help would be appreciated. Oh, and only exercise has been walking 3-4 days a week. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #19  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisac328 View Post
This is my first post on here, so don't shoot me if I have done it wrong somehow!. I have been struggling to maintain my lean muscle.. I was increased to 4 IP/ day on week 3 for this reason, maintained for awhile, and now on week 13 have lost lean muscle consistently for the last 5 weeks. My coach says this will slow fat loss, so we are trying to correct this.. though she says I should be getting plenty of protein on 4 IP/day. Any help would be appreciated. Oh, and only exercise has been walking 3-4 days a week. Thanks!
How much lean muscle are you losing and is your coach new? It is normal to have lean muscle mass go down as you lose the fat. You just don't want it to be all muscle and no fat loss. I think someone mentioned its 1 lb of lean musle for every 5 lbs of fat.( I think LizRR is the one who posted this)

Also, those scales have a large margin of error.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #20  

Quote:
If you are using the IP gadget that they have don't worry about it. It is very inaccurate and really, well just a gadget. Ur going to lose lean muscle mass as you go along. My original lean muscle mass was calculated at 147lbs. I had my goal weight set at 150. ummm there is an issue there! I am not using that anymore since it isn't accurate and it freaked me out so much. My dr. said it could not be accurate and not to worry about it. As long as you are losing weight and inches then IP is working. There is a thread from over the weekend about that gadget.

JENNY congrats!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

Hey everyone! I'm happy to report that as of today I'm down 8 pounds. I started weaning myself off of carbs on November 5 and then "officially" started IP the following Monday on November 12th. From the 5th to the 12th I lost 6.5 pounds and I lost another 1.5 this week.

What is most amazing to me is that my favorite jeans can now be pulled off while zipped and buttoned. That's definitely some inches lost. I'm super motivated and am loving the plan so far. I don't have the headaches or hunger that others have experienced. And thanks to roasted cauliflower, I think I'll be able to handle anything that comes my way.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #22  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Went to the movies saturday night and had prepared a big mac in a bowl for the first time. i took it to prevent myself from snacking on the yummy smelling popcorn...and i must say that i found a new favorite food! BIG MAC IN A BOWL WAS DELISH!!!!!!! In fact i brought a bowl of it to work for dinner instead of lettuce i put spinach in it question when measuring the spinach do u pack it into the cup or loosely?
Old 11-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvei View Post
Happy Monday!

Question... are there "plateaus" with this protocol? Seem to be on one right now. Not stressed because I know this diet WORKS, but no change at all. If there are plateaus, what did you do to get off it?

Thanks!
Just wanted to follow up on what others have said. A stall is not only 3-4 weeks of no weight change but no measurement change, either. Remember, losses are not only measured by the scale!

I know it can be a long time to wait but we all talk about the whoosh fairy visiting, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbushbunny View Post
Well as you can tell from my tracker I have been stalled for the last 3 weeks.
As well I have been really busy and away from home a lot. I have also found that I am not hungry in the evenings and actally feel sick when I do eat. I have decided to find lighter options for my evening meal in the form of soups.
Even though I have stalled, I am losing inches so I know that the plan is still working!
It really isn't a stall if you are losing inches. I know the scale can be frustrating but it is not the only measurement of losses. If you are losing inches, you're losing, not stalled. No matter how hard it is, be patient and keep plugging away!

Quote:
It isn't really lean "muscle" it is lean body mass. As others have said, it is an estimate. And lean body mass encompasses EVERYTHING in your body that isn't fat (bone, skin, blood vessels, connective tissues). There are some things we don't need anymore as we lose fat so lean mass will also reduce.

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-19-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #24  
Started IP 11/11/12

S/C/G: 201/189/135

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations to everyone and especially Jenny5228
For those struggling with:

Hunger – make sure you are drinking all of your water; you can have unlimited lettuce as salad and herbal teas and if you really need it an extra packet or 2 egg whites; and if possible remove problem foods from the house, or have family members hide them.

Small appetite – you can have your meal at lunch instead of dinner; or have some of the protein at lunch and some at dinner, if that works better for you. If you have a hard time getting in your 4C veggies, blend them in shakes and/or purees for your soups.

Scales/stalls – You really can’t gauge weight loss by weekly numbers and definitely not daily. It’s best to look big picture, like monthly. Weight will fluctuate due to various factors and you can’t let that de-motivate you. Just stay OP and before you know it you will be looking back in a few months very happy that you pressed on.

Happy turkey week
Old 11-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 290/241/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday everyone! I've been 100% OP since I started, but it's my TOM and I am STARVING. Everything in the fridge looks appetizing... but I WILL prevail!!!

Weigh-in on Friday, I'll have to find that cupcake recipe again so I can make sure to pick up the packets I need to make them. Has anyone tried them? Is it worth the trouble?
Old 11-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #26  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
Went to the movies saturday night and had prepared a big mac in a bowl for the first time. i took it to prevent myself from snacking on the yummy smelling popcorn...and i must say that i found a new favorite food! BIG MAC IN A BOWL WAS DELISH!!!!!!! In fact i brought a bowl of it to work for dinner instead of lettuce i put spinach in it question when measuring the spinach do u pack it into the cup or loosely?
Personally, I pack it
Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopers View Post
Happy Monday everyone! I've been 100% OP since I started, but it's my TOM and I am STARVING. Everything in the fridge looks appetizing... but I WILL prevail!!!

Weigh-in on Friday, I'll have to find that cupcake recipe again so I can make sure to pick up the packets I need to make them. Has anyone tried them? Is it worth the trouble?
Hang in there Loopers! TOM is EEEVVVIIIIIILLLLLL! Just went through the whole starving thing too. If you like steak, have a nice juicy one, it helped me feel a little better.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by np2lose View Post
Congratulations to everyone and especially Jenny5228
For those struggling with:

Hunger – make sure you are drinking all of your water; you can have unlimited lettuce as salad and herbal teas and if you really need it an extra packet or 2 egg whites; and if possible remove problem foods from the house, or have family members hide them.

Small appetite – you can have your meal at lunch instead of dinner; or have some of the protein at lunch and some at dinner, if that works better for you. If you have a hard time getting in your 4C veggies, blend them in shakes and/or purees for your soups.

Scales/stalls – You really can’t gauge weight loss by weekly numbers and definitely not daily. It’s best to look big picture, like monthly. Weight will fluctuate due to various factors and you can’t let that de-motivate you. Just stay OP and before you know it you will be looking back in a few months very happy that you pressed on.

Happy turkey week
EXACTLY!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/182

Height: 6'

Thanks for the advice everyone.
Tomorrow I will switch my meals around and see if that helps.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #30  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Good Morning all!
1st all Congrats Jenny on your pregnancy! Very exciting!!!

This W/e was a challenge and a learning experience.
I had 3 parties for my food based home party business. After the 1st, I was upset and depressed. I didn't want to cheat but it was hard to not naturally want to join in.
The host of the 2nd party put out a fab spread, it looked delicious, but I had lunch before I left and it was a little easier.
By Sunday, I was deciding if I wanted to keep the business or take a break until I was in a better place.
I had my veggies and a salad before I left and took the IP yogurt drink with me. It was so much easier than Friday!!
What I learned about myself was I was able to tell the difference between being hungry and wanting to eat.
I loved the sense of power I gained over myself and my habit of senseless eating.
As always, a work in progress.
You did awesome! The mental battle is so much harder than the physical one - you don't realize how closely you associate food with EVERYTHING until a diet like this turns everything on its ear. Keep it up!

I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts today, it's been a rough couple of days at my house - my car was billowing white smoke on Friday and that meant a trip to the mechanic Saturday. A few days and more than a few dollars later and I picked up the car this afternoon, but we are a 1 car household so it's a lot of stress when we have no way to get around. I'm relieved that the mechanic was able to finish the car before the holiday, after today he was on vacation for a week! Now I'm scrambling to take care of some baking orders for Wednesday on a significantly tighter budget than I expected - it's added stress on top of trying to coordinate schedules for the holiday. I'm very thankful that folks here got me thinking about my plan for Turkey day ahead of time, at least THAT's something I don't have to worry about!

Hope everyone had a fabulous day!
Closed Thread