Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #16  
Started IP 11/11/12

S/C/G: 201/189/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelessme View Post
Please do not take this the wrong way. I am just looking for a place where I fit in.
Is there a thread for people who do Ideal Protein products only? I seached for an Ideal Protein run forum and they don't seem to have one.
I do like coming here to this board but there are so many people who say they are 100% but they aren't. I view 100% as using the IP products, no alternatives, and following the protocol as written, word for word, no modifying at all. I have read quite a few posts where it is obvious the poster has never even read the plan. I am pretty hard core and since I am paying so much for this weight loss method I am going to follow it to the letter.
So it would be great if I could find a few folks who will be able to travel that road with me.
There is a thread titled "Home of the 100%". Here's a link to the current volume (17):
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-vol-17-a.html
Old 11-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #17  
Started IP 11/11/12

S/C/G: 201/189/135

Height: 5'3"

Tomorrow is my one week mark on IP. So far so good. Not hungry and happy with the losses. The dinners & daily veggies are forcing me to make new (healthy habits). Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 11-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #18  
Started IP Alts 9/8/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
Hang in there...you've come along way!!! I bet next week you'll have a BIG loss. I would recommend that you do have your one restricted per day, and be sure not to be working out too hard!
Thank you for the encouragement! Yes, I just messed up my last order and didn't order enough. I ordered again yesterday, so will have my restricteds back Wed. Actually don't work out at all. I was a high intensity Zumba fanatic before IP. I gave it up after realizing very quickly that I couldn't make it low intensity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
...Did my official weigh-in this morning and down 7 pounds this week...Doctorblue, sorry you're struggling! I'm sure your next weigh-in will be better.
Awesome weigh in! You are doing so well! Thanks for the good thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Are you working out?....Keep the big picture in mind...Are you adding all of your oil & not just cooking with it? Not enough fat can cause stalls...Have your measurements changed? There is more than one way to measure success...Hang in there!
Not working out. Gave it up once I started IP. I do have a job that requires me to lift heavy objects and do a lot of squatting. So, I guess technically, I'm doing some light exercising, but not anything outside of the realm of work.

I am cooking with my oil. I did add a little extra and lick the bowl afterwards to make sure to get it all, lol.

Sadly, I don't know about my measurements. I have about a billion measuring tapes at home, but can't find a single one of them. So, I haven't actually been keeping my measurements (I know, I know, lol. Whip me with a wet Miracle noodle!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppinBerta View Post
Hi, all. I'm just starting IP today. I'm hoping to really stick with it, so I'll need all the help I can get. I'm looking forward to participating!!
Congratulations on making the first step! My best advice I can give you is to become an active poster here. It'll help you have some accountability and give you some positive feedback as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Everyone is different, I have read some people have no access to an IP clinic. And IP is expensive. While I think everyone should do research (and check with their Drs) before starting any weight loss program, it's not a law.

I think if using alternatives is working for them, go for it.
Amen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicegal View Post
Hi! Both my husband and myself started the IP protocol a week ago. We are both doing very well. It is very easy to follow, make sure you drink your water, eat your veges plus lettuce and take the vitamins . We both noticed a difference in how good we feel without all the junk! It is expensive, I agree, but I look at it as only being for a short while to have long term results.
Good luck!
Keep up the good work!
Old 11-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #19  

Quote:
Please do not take this the wrong way. I am just looking for a place where I fit in.
Is there a thread for people who do Ideal Protein products only? I seached for an Ideal Protein run forum and they don't seem to have one.
I do like coming here to this board but there are so many people who say they are 100% but they aren't. I view 100% as using the IP products, no alternatives, and following the protocol as written, word for word, no modifying at all. I have read quite a few posts where it is obvious the poster has never even read the plan. I am pretty hard core and since I am paying so much for this weight loss method I am going to follow it to the letter.
So it would be great if I could find a few folks who will be able to travel that road with me.
Hi there! I'm 100% IP too. While some prefer the alternatives right now I'm too afraid to go off of what I am doing that seems to be working for now. I use some of the recipes that I find on here that are ph 1 and they are delicious!
Old 11-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #20  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
OMG really?!? I been working out lately, what's your recommendation on how aggressive my workouts should be and how often I should do it? I have been doing elliptical for 30 minutes and occasionally weights a few times a week
I walk my dogs everyday, which I would consider very light cardio and I also lift weights for no more than 1/2 hour about 2 to 3x per week. I always make sure I have an extra protein (usually I bring a RTD with me to the gym) right after I work out. Personally I think the cardio is a waste of time in terms of helping you lose weight because the calories are so low on IP, and it can slow down your weight loss. However I feel the weight lifting is very beneficial in maintaining our lean muscle mass as we continue to lose weight.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #21  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
This has been an issue here before. I would suggest you just stick to the 100% thread. Not everyone there does strictly IP foods, but they are 100% on protocol.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #22  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I walk my dogs everyday, which I would consider very light cardio and I also lift weights for no more than 1/2 hour about 2 to 3x per week. I always make sure I have an extra protein (usually I bring a RTD with me to the gym) right after I work out. Personally I think the cardio is a waste of time in terms of helping you lose weight because the calories are so low on IP, and it can slow down your weight loss. However I feel the weight lifting is very beneficial in maintaining our lean muscle mass as we continue to lose weight.

Thanks Dana! Im going to change up my workout routine to some walking and weight lifting for 30 minutes
Old 11-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 205/182 start IP/170/125

Height: 5'1"

Cool

Quote:
Hi Alittlelessme and welcome! I have been 100% IP for 7 weeks now using only IP products. True, a lot of folks here are alternative, but there is way more advice here than just food, it is a total support group. They are also 100% but either don't have a clinic or don't want/or can't pay the price for the IP products, but the comparison of products is actually pretty similar. Also, check out RainbowSmiles cookbook. she uses all kinds of stuff, both IP and alternative. If its alternative, i just find and IP substitution and try it! You will be amazed!!

This is a great place for all kinds of information, and I think you will be suprised how many are actually IP products. Good luck to you and hope to see you around!

Last edited by 2sweet4u; 11-17-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #24  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I thought I had a great coach -- well I still do think she's great-- but I realize that it is THIS place that is my coach. She's just a nice lady who weighs me in and provides me with food, but this site is where I get all my info. I'm constantly informing HER of new facts, and info about the program. It's a bit ironic. Anyway, newcomers have come to the right place to get help and support! Welcome!
Old 11-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
Ok so i should probably lighten my exercise. maybe I am being too aggressive, I do have an extra packet after working out. So weight lifting isn't a good idea? Should I switch to some light walking on the treadmill? I have a gym membership and don't want it to go to waste lol
Weight lifting is not a good idea now. Walking on treadmill, good. Just don't want to get to an aerobic state. Try it this way for a week, keep 100% with protocol. I bet anything you will see a drop at your next WI.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #26  

Quote:
I would suggest you post on the 100% thread. Ask who is doing what you are doing. There are probably more than than you think. Since the protocol sheet also says anything not on the sheet must be 0/0/0, some additions ARE part of the protocol.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 179/179/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by np2lose View Post
Tomorrow is my one week mark on IP. So far so good. Not hungry and happy with the losses. The dinners & daily veggies are forcing me to make new (healthy habits). Have a great weekend everyone!
So, this is my first day. I'm pretty hungry, but I'm eating veggies right now to feill me up.

I'm glad to see that np2lose has only been on the diet for a week and already is not hungry. How long did it take you all to feel comfortable with the diet and food intake?
Old 11-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #28  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
Weight lifting is not a good idea now. Walking on treadmill, good. Just don't want to get to an aerobic state. Try it this way for a week, keep 100% with protocol. I bet anything you will see a drop at your next WI.

That's going to be difficult for me lol...but I will try the casual walk on treadmill Thanks for your help!!!!
Old 11-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppinBerta View Post
So, this is my first day. I'm pretty hungry, but I'm eating veggies right now to feill me up.

I'm glad to see that np2lose has only been on the diet for a week and already is not hungry. How long did it take you all to feel comfortable with the diet and food intake?
BB, Welcome! I'm about 5 weeks in... It was after the first 5-6 days that I felt good, not sick, and not hungry at all. I do still occasionally have a really hungry day, maybe about 1x a week. But I make it through!
Old 11-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #30  
Andi

S/C/G: 219/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Hope everyone is having a good day! Just made some chicken breast sauteed in olive oil with garlic...it was pretty good. I used my sea salt too!
Closed Thread