Old 11-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #1  
IP Start: 11/18/13

S/C/G: 186/186/130

Height: 5'1"

Default Thank you for the motivation!!

When I first started IP (July 2012), I was on this site multiple times a day for the first couple of months. At the end of September, I went off OP for a week when away attending a friend's wedding. Ever since, I struggle to remain OP 100% - I will be great during the week, then off on the weekends. During that time, I maintained my weight... but I'm not done losing! Then the past two weeks have been particularly tough for me... but I don't know why! I don't think I've had one 100% OP day in two weeks. Sooo, this morning... I recommitted. Then lunch time rolls around and I start considering a cheat, thinking about dinner... do I want to cheat or not? Crazy, I know!

I decided to log in and see what people were talking about (I haven't been on in quite a while)... and just like that, no interest in going off OP! Thank you all so much for the motivation. It is so appreciated and my head is back in the game!
ashmeg07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

This is not a Mon-Fri program....this is an all or nothing program IF you want results. When you are considering cheatings what are you doing? are you bored?
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #3  

I know it's not a Mon-Fri program... that's how I lost the first 40... by being 100% OP! The weekend cheating and OP Mon-Fri kept me maintaining my loss... it was just easier to be off on the weekends when out with friends, out to eat, etc... but I'm not to my goal, so I don't just want to maintain!

I'm recommitted 100% and hope to be at goal by the end of January at the latest. Today when I started to consider the cheat, I guess it was out of boredom more than anything. That's why I came here instead! I need to remain focused and this site helps me to do that.

Thank you!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #4  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

I have struggled to be 100% OP since our thanksgiving weekend, I too have lost close to 40lbs. Part of it is that I'm still losing (although much slower now) and part of it is that I don't look "that bad". But like you I am not finished with my weight loss. My cheats have always been small, like a little peanut butter, or whipping cream or cream cheese and I think that because these are low carb choices I try to justify it that it's "not that bad". I would go two days without cheating and then the evening of the third day I would eat something off program. Because doing this properly is important to me, and being successful in this journey is also important to me I have put some things in place to help me get back on track.

I have gone back to the daily journal. This I think will be key as I do not have a coach, so this is part of my accountability. My weakest moments are in the evenings before and after dinner, so I make sure that I eat all of my meals and don't let myself get too hungry. I also try to keep myself busy and away from the kitchen. I would suggest keeping the journal again and figuring out what your triggers are and then finding solutions to them.

I have been recommitting every week for the last 5 weeks, so this is what I have decided to do now, hoping that back to the basics will keep me on track!

We're all here for each other, you can do this!

Last edited by Bella73123; 11-08-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #5  

I am at home after a conference full of junk food. Im hungry, very hungry but my hubby wont be home for an hour. I am drinking some wonderful tea and it is helping a bunch! ( I dont like tea but found raspberry tea and it is rocking my world!)
Everything I do is a choice,everything I eat is a choice. I refuse to let food make me say that I "have no control over it" I'm ordering take out and looking forward to my huge salad full of things that will make me feel good. OP may be a 52 week program for me but the eating habits it is teaching me will last a lifetime!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
I have struggled to be 100% OP since our thanksgiving weekend, I too have lost close to 40lbs. Part of it is that I'm still losing (although much slower now) and part of it is that I don't look "that bad". But like you I am not finished with my weight loss. My cheats have always been small, like a little peanut butter, or whipping cream or cream cheese and I think that because these are low carb choices I try to justify it that it's "not that bad".
You're absolutely right! These are the same problems I'm having and justify it the same way! Thanks so much for the encouragement... and you're right, we can do this!!
Old 11-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #7  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
I have struggled to be 100% OP since our thanksgiving weekend, I too have lost close to 40lbs. Part of it is that I'm still losing (although much slower now) and part of it is that I don't look "that bad". But like you I am not finished with my weight loss. My cheats have always been small, like a little peanut butter, or whipping cream or cream cheese and I think that because these are low carb choices I try to justify it that it's "not that bad". I would go two days without cheating and then the evening of the third day I would eat something off program. Because doing this properly is important to me, and being successful in this journey is also important to me I have put some things in place to help me get back on track.

I have gone back to the daily journal. This I think will be key as I do not have a coach, so this is part of my accountability. My weakest moments are in the evenings before and after dinner, so I make sure that I eat all of my meals and don't let myself get too hungry. I also try to keep myself busy and away from the kitchen. I would suggest keeping the journal again and figuring out what your triggers are and then finding solutions to them.

I have been recommitting every week for the last 5 weeks, so this is what I have decided to do now, hoping that back to the basics will keep me on track!

We're all here for each other, you can do this!
You've described my situation pretty well too. I've lost 44 lbs, and am feeling and looking very good at this point. Everybody comments on this, and I almost (but not quite) feel like maybe my weight is ok now. So it's tempting to drift and concentrate on just maintaining, not worry about losoing more at this point. But some part of me knows that I'll feel better if I get to the goal I agreed to with my Dr. (155 lbs)... so I have at least another 10 lbs to go. This final stretch is proving to be really 'trying' though!
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #8  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Evepet, we're about the same height, and I passed 150 a few weeks ago. I am happy to be fitting into slacks I haven't worn in 2 years, so I'm feeling pretty comfortable and successful these days about my current size. But I still can't fit into the slacks I wore 6 years ago when I felt fantastic about my size. I need another 10 pounds for that. So for me, good enough is the enemy of fantastic, and I want to hang in there until I feel fantastic again. But I will admit that it is nice to no longer have the stress of feeling lumpy.
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #9  
Started IP 10/17/2012

S/C/G: 148/127.5/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmeg07 View Post
When I first started IP (July 2012), I was on this site multiple times a day for the first couple of months. At the end of September, I went off OP for a week when away attending a friend's wedding. Ever since, I struggle to remain OP 100% - I will be great during the week, then off on the weekends. During that time, I maintained my weight... but I'm not done losing! Then the past two weeks have been particularly tough for me... but I don't know why! I don't think I've had one 100% OP day in two weeks. Sooo, this morning... I recommitted. Then lunch time rolls around and I start considering a cheat, thinking about dinner... do I want to cheat or not? Crazy, I know!

I decided to log in and see what people were talking about (I haven't been on in quite a while)... and just like that, no interest in going off OP! Thank you all so much for the motivation. It is so appreciated and my head is back in the game!

Whenever I'm considering a cheat I give myself time to consider why. If it's hunger I try to eat some vegetables or drink more water. If it's boredom or emotional/habitual desires then I paint my nails! When they're wet and drying, which for me seems to take over 30 minutes before I'm comfortable touching anything, I am unable to cheat! By the time those 30 minutes are up I've usually moved on to other things! Try finding things to keep yourself occupied. Also, keep goodies out of sight.. the visual temptation can be hard to resist!
healthyequalshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #10  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Evepet, we're about the same height, and I passed 150 a few weeks ago. I am happy to be fitting into slacks I haven't worn in 2 years, so I'm feeling pretty comfortable and successful these days about my current size. But I still can't fit into the slacks I wore 6 years ago when I felt fantastic about my size. I need another 10 pounds for that. So for me, good enough is the enemy of fantastic, and I want to hang in there until I feel fantastic again. But I will admit that it is nice to no longer have the stress of feeling lumpy.

Fishette - I love this "good enough is the enemy of fantastic" This is now an inspiring quote for me to keep! Thanks, Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyequalshappy View Post
Whenever I'm considering a cheat I give myself time to consider why. If it's hunger I try to eat some vegetables or drink more water. If it's boredom or emotional/habitual desires then I paint my nails! When they're wet and drying, which for me seems to take over 30 minutes before I'm comfortable touching anything, I am unable to cheat! By the time those 30 minutes are up I've usually moved on to other things! Try finding things to keep yourself occupied. Also, keep goodies out of sight.. the visual temptation can be hard to resist!

healthyequalshappy - what a terrific idea............. painting your nails when you are having cravings/wanting to cheat because you won't be able to eat with wet nails. I'm going to give this line of thinking some thought and see if I can find some other things to do that would make it difficult to use my hands to cheat! Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote