Old 11-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5/7

Thank you for writing your post Wuv.... I have been intimidated lately about the thoughts of Thanksgiving arriving....your post is giving me strength to believe I can make it through the day. Thank you...
thinkingthinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #32  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Thank you! My husband and I just started the IP diet last week and we are both on board with NOT cheating on Thanksgiving! We are going to bring our own Mashed Cauliflower and Green Beans. Good idea with the Chocolate pudding for dessert, otherwise I was just going to have a double chocolate bar! Now I must seek out this cauliflower dressing!
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 223/183/150

Height: 5'9"

Smile Thanks for the Thanksgiving post!

I have been on IP for 12 weeks.. TOTALLY on plan. (40 pounds today!) I told my coach i felt like it was either an all or nothing for the holiday.. and it isn't worth it to go off plan to me!
lisac328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #34  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

I will be OP fot the holiday's and the 4 birthday"s (including mine) from December 12thto January 12th!!!

I'm going o bring some sort of veggies to my cousin's on thanksgiving, she usually only asks for appy's and dessert, but I'll bring something just for me if she doesn't want me to bring something or everyone -I was thinking rutabaga puff.
Lynnie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #35  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default !q

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Great message Wuv; thank you. I commend you on your success and also for helping so very many of us here! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
CINDY!! I just noticed your progress photos. Whoooo Hooooo You're looking awesome.

You too Lisa! But you already know that!!

I've been doing this for a while now, it's not always easy but it works. I've not touched a drink in more than seven months, I don't even miss it anymore. It's the longest I've gone w/o drinking, I was less than a sixpack a week guy anyway. We all need to decide what is important in our lives. Lisa and I agree this was our "last chance" so we both went for it all the way. There was no half way for us. Do what is right for YOU! Good luck.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #36  
Mom on a mission

S/C/G: 200/187/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Talking Turkey...

This is going to be a tough one for me! But I promise myself to try!!!

Thanksgiving is a family tradition here, after my mother in law could no longer do it - I inherited the job, willingly and thankfully.

The thing is... I cook for 14! My hubbys whole family comes, wives, children, new baby! My house is full of food, family and football. Macys Day parade and an overstuffed oven. Overeating, pies, and homemade gravy, stuffing, appetizers, and too much wine! (laughing) all which have led me to this overweight me I see in the mirror. But this year too - they will expect it! I don't dare post the menu that has been a favorite of mine/ours for years past as thinking about it does make my mouth water.

Why on earth did I decide to start IP before Holidays? Because I guess I'm tired of pants too tight, and another summer past without a bathing suit!

So how do I do this?
Scallops and bacon for them, veggie platter for me?
Make the white and sweet potatoes, and roasted cauliflower for me?
Wine for them, and blu/cran granita for me?
Green beans for them, asparagus for me?
Make the pumpkin pie - I never liked it anyway!
desiree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

This is the best thread yet! We all need encouragement to stay OP through the holidays. I'm so thankful I made the decision to make myself a better person. I don't know how long it is going to take me to reach my goal, but I do know that I'm consistently losing weight and I feel great. I'm not giving that up for ANYTHING or ANYONE.

My new mantra is "Eat to LIVE not LIVE to eat!"
sahmmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #38  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiree13 View Post

Thanksgiving is a family tradition here, after my mother in law could no longer do it - I inherited the job, willingly and thankfully.

The thing is... I cook for 14! My hubbys whole family comes, wives, children, new baby! My house is full of food, family and football. Macys Day parade and an overstuffed oven. Overeating, pies, and homemade gravy, stuffing, appetizers, and too much wine! (laughing) all which have led me to this overweight me I see in the mirror. But this year too - they will expect it! I don't dare post the menu that has been a favorite of mine/ours for years past as thinking about it does make my mouth water.

Why on earth did I decide to start IP before Holidays? Because I guess I'm tired of pants too tight, and another summer past without a bathing suit!

So how do I do this?
You got it! Things like mashed cauliflower can be made ahead of time, I am making mine tonight to bring with me on Thursday. If the prep is too much and you have the resources, just pick up a pre-made veggie platter from the supermarket. Who knows, you may kick off a healthy appetizer tradition

I'm going to make LizRR's rutabaga pie for my own dessert, I don't think I'm going to feel deprived at all. You can do it!!!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #39  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
CINDY!! I just noticed your progress photos. Whoooo Hooooo You're looking awesome.

You too Lisa! But you already know that!!

I've been doing this for a while now, it's not always easy but it works. I've not touched a drink in more than seven months, I don't even miss it anymore. It's the longest I've gone w/o drinking, I was less than a sixpack a week guy anyway. We all need to decide what is important in our lives. Lisa and I agree this was our "last chance" so we both went for it all the way. There was no half way for us. Do what is right for YOU! Good luck.
Aww - Thanks Vet! Am feeling great, and started P2 a couple days ago! (Sorry for the delay in responding, but I forgot about this thread until today.) I am also going to be 100% for Thanksgiving...just 'tested' Rainbow's truffle recipe yesterday. So that is what I'm having for dessert T'day!
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #40  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiree13 View Post

So how do I do this?
You can have the green beans as well, I don't know how you make them but remember you can have them twice a week
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #41  
Mom on a mission

Thanks Wuv,
I'm learning and trying very hard as this time last year is when I fell of the IP wagon...
I am determined to stay on track and keeping an eye on the prize as they say!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 243/211.5/150

Awesome thread everyone! I am taking notes for Christmas supper now. I really am happy with IP and am enjoying all the tips...I will go searching for those recipes asap. ...oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to you all! (and have fun Black Friday...wish I was there!)
OCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #43  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

I am staying OP for Thanksgiving and am not even attempting to make anything Thanksgiving-y for myself. Depending on my mood I will have my usual salad with tuna or if I feel like it a steak. I know that some people are able to do little cheats here and there and then get back with a diet program, but not me! The thing is, I am used to the lack of sugar and fat in my diet, but I know that if I eat that again, I will want it EVERY DAY! So I will turn on the parades and be thankful in my heart but not on my plate, LOL!
AlisonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 230/157.3/135

Height: 5'2

Great advice! I started in October with Halloween coming up and knowing that Thanksgiving and Christmas were coming up soon as well. I had decided a few months in advance that I would be starting IP but had to wait until I had money saved up to start. I had mentally prepared myself for the holidays and had continued a low carb diet on my own right up until I started IP. My husband is very supportive of me doing this diet and the weight has come off so easily and quickly that there's no denying that this diet is working for me. I know that if I cheat it wouldn't stop at a "little cheat", I don't want to jeopardize my future weight loss. I could even see myself saying something like "Well, I've done so well with it why shouldn't I just go ahead and have what I want just once?" I could continually justify to myself why it's "okay" when it really isn't. For me, being 100% OP has to happen. I could be at my goal within just a few months time if I keep at it. I could be a normal weight for the first time in my adult life. Even my teen years were spent overweight, I'm done being overweight. I have 2 small children that I have to think about, and my health is important to their health and well being. It's time for me to be a good role model for my kids.
RachelDinAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #45  
Mom on a mission

Default Thanksgiving Shopping

Well, that was fun! Grocery shopping for now 17 guests, and also in my mind staying on plan!
I filled my cart with all the goodies, and typical foods that everyone will expect, and got really happy adding in cauliflower, green beans and to hubby's surprize fixings for a salad!

I picked up the Mio pomegranete (wine)!

Wuv, you asked how I might be making the green beans... well it used to be with the Cambpells mushroom soup, fried onions, etc... but this year I think we'll either steam them or roast them along with the cauliflower, zuchinni, olive oil salt and pepper!

This may be a little sassy but I'm kinda feeling that if I'm slaving in the kitchen all day - I deserve to cook it the way I want!