Old 11-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/Ticker/190

Height: 5'10"

Default What quirky thing keeps you motivated?

Does anyone else do something quirky to get you to goals? One of my quirky things is writing a mini goal in permanent marker on my inner wrist, so I see it constantly... like when I'm reaching to eat something, I see that little "5" to remember I just have 5lbs to go until I hit a mini-goal.
LindseyTradeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

I am not sure if this counts as quirky, but I do to things. 1. I put on a pair of pants which I had been unable to fit for years but always kept to remind myself YOU ARE LOSING. 2. I compare old and new pictures of myself. Sometimes you need a visual aid.
MonicaKolesnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5/7

I visualize my thin self....then walk to a mirror and see reality....then I know I must say NO to the temptation and make the right choice.

I also think...hit your goal weight and we start trying for a baby! Now thats motivation!
thinkingthinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyTradeChic View Post
Does anyone else do something quirky to get you to goals? One of my quirky things is writing a mini goal in permanent marker on my inner wrist, so I see it constantly... like when I'm reaching to eat something, I see that little "5" to remember I just have 5lbs to go until I hit a mini-goal.
I really like this! I just might start this tomorrow.
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Every now and then, I put on the jeans that I wore when I started IP. It's a reminder of how far I've come. Even though I'm not done yet..I'm not where I used to be. Also when I get into a new size, I buy a pair of jeans the next size down. Whatever works, right?
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/172/135

Height: 5'3

I think of my wedding dress! I think it is way too gorgeous to not feel amazing in!
megscarles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

I wear my bikini, never wore it in public and see how much further i have to go.

but i like the writing on the wrist. very positive. thanks
sonyainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I have been buying myself a little bracelet for every 10lbs I have lost - I can look at my wrist and remember how far I've come, and because they're on my "eating" hand, I can get that reminder when I reach for food!

I'm also motivated by the idea of being able to wear a hot costume to next year's Comic Book Convention
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #9  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

I'm training for a half marathon, and I printed the course map and hung it on my wall. Every week that I increase my long run, I mark how far I've made it on the map.

I also have a small dry erase board on the same wall. It's my countdown board. I have the next several races I plan on running on there and countdown the days. Having a goal, even if it's just a 5K, helps keep me motivated to get out and run on the days that I'd really rather skip my run.
Nikel1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #10  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Quirky? No. Just me and my bathroom mirror after my shower does it. I can't tell my weight loss just looking down at my body. But looking across at my reflection keeps me on track. That and yesterday I treated myself to "fitted" workout pants rather than what I would have picked out 6 months ago - baggy and black sweats!!
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #11  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyTradeChic View Post
I've been having the hardest time getting these last 10 lbs off...I'm going to try this!!! Thanks for the idea Am also going to post a couple motivational sayings up both at work & at home. Visual reminders help me a lot...
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #12  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

I ask myself if straying is worth an extra pound at my next WI. Seems everytime I stray by having something off plan, my next WI would be in the 1 to 2 lb range. If I didn't stray, it was closer to 3 lbs. I'm not talking big cheats here but rather having an extra packet or more than one restricted item in a day.

Also try thinking...WWWD....What would Wuv do?
Hugs to Wuv.
cbl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #13  

I have a saying that I wear on a bracelet and post just about everywhere for me to see:
I CAN I WILL I MUST
the last one is in relation to my health.
I think we should make bracelets that say WUV or wwwd!!!!!!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #14  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

I go to an abercrombie or hollister store i always loved those stores when i was thin, and look forward to wearing them again. im almost in a size 10 in jeans at abercrombie
jmuroff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #15  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbl70 View Post
I ask myself if straying is worth an extra pound at my next WI. Seems everytime I stray by having something off plan, my next WI would be in the 1 to 2 lb range. If I didn't stray, it was closer to 3 lbs. I'm not talking big cheats here but rather having an extra packet or more than one restricted item in a day.

Also try thinking...WWWD....What would Wuv do?
Hugs to Wuv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
I have a saying that I wear on a bracelet and post just about everywhere for me to see:
I CAN I WILL I MUST
the last one is in relation to my health.
I think we should make bracelets that say WUV or wwwd!!!!!!
Y'all sure know how to make me smile!!!...those bracelets would probably cost an arm and leg to make.....lol
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote