Old 11-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #1  
Committed Member

S/C/G: 181/160/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Shameless bragging

I just got back from my Week 4 WI - and my loss wasn't all that I'd hoped for (is it ever?), but I got to thinking . . . I've been 100% compliant for 28 days on IP. Not one cheat. And you know what? I have NEVER IN MY LIFE stuck to any form of diet for 28 days straight, so I am pretty dang proud of myself!

I've lost 14 pounds and nearly 4% body fat. But even better, I feel SO good. I sleep better. I have consistent energy throughout the day. I don't have mood swings (okay, I don't have mood swings as much), and I'm happy! I wake up feeling good. And I have confidence about the future.

So - sorry to be so boastful here, but it's good to remember that there are so many more benefits to IP than just the weight loss, don't you think?
GlacierGirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #2  
Jim V

S/C/G: 214214165

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Default Great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlacierGirl3 View Post
I just got back from my Week 4 WI - and my loss wasn't all that I'd hoped for (is it ever?), but I got to thinking . . . I've been 100% compliant for 28 days on IP. Not one cheat. And you know what? I have NEVER IN MY LIFE stuck to any form of diet for 28 days straight, so I am pretty dang proud of myself!

I've lost 14 pounds and nearly 4% body fat. But even better, I feel SO good. I sleep better. I have consistent energy throughout the day. I don't have mood swings (okay, I don't have mood swings as much), and I'm happy! I wake up feeling good. And I have confidence about the future.

So - sorry to be so boastful here, but it's good to remember that there are so many more benefits to IP than just the weight loss, don't you think?
Keep up the good work boast all you want it feels great to lose weight.
jimvhobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/ and just getting started!

Height: 5'11"

Congratulations! Glad to hear you've found something that's working so well for you. I'm just about to get started back seriously myself... looks like I'll have to try pretty hard to keep up
ActYourselfThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #4  
started IP oct. 09 2012

S/C/G: 199.8/163/150

Height: 5'4"

That is sooo true!!!
guil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

great outlook!!! You're right, this is about so much more than weight loss. Congrats to you!
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlacierGirl3 View Post

Love, love, love your post!!! Its basically how I have felt for a while now! I cannot believe the difference in energy! GO US!!!!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #7  

Very positive post! I was feeling down until I read your post. Lately I have been feeling the same way myself, I have been on IP for almost 50 days and I only lost 20 lbs - my loss has been slow compared to other IP dieters - but oh well we all are different!
Thanks for a great uplift!
ha8in lazyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

Yea for you!!!

Let us do some more shameless bragging, shall we?!

44 pounds and 3 clothing sizes down in 11 weeks. Exercising a minimum of 5 to 7 days and working the C25K program to eventually be able to run a 30 minute 5k. Other than one drinking cheat evening (to deal with the raw emotions... "cheaper" than eating... and it turns out I'm now a super cheap drunk!), no cheats in the past 11 weeks!
SDChickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #9  

SDchickie I was a cheap drunk before IP I cannot imagine what will happen when I have my next drink
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChickie View Post
LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

Yea for you!!!

Let us do some more shameless bragging, shall we?!

44 pounds and 3 clothing sizes down in 11 weeks. Exercising a minimum of 5 to 7 days and working the C25K program to eventually be able to run a 30 minute 5k. Other than one drinking cheat evening (to deal with the raw emotions... "cheaper" than eating... and it turns out I'm now a super cheap drunk!), no cheats in the past 11 weeks!
WOW! That's amazing progress, SDChickie! I'm curious though, were you an exerciser before IP or is this something new? I've read on other threads that exercising on IP can actually slow down your weight loss but obviously you're living proof that it isn't true!

A 30 minute 5K is REALLY fast! Good luck with your goal and keep us posted!

My big brag is 15 lbs in 5 weeks and all my clothes are fitting better now. I'd like to buy something new but I promised myself I'll wait or just shop at thrift stores for a while.

I love hearing other peoples successes so I hope more "braggarts" find this thread! Have a great weekend!
Minch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #11  
started IP oct. 09 2012

S/C/G: 199.8/163/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minch View Post
My big brag is 15 lbs in 5 weeks and all my clothes are fitting better now. I'd like to buy something new but I promised myself I'll wait or just shop at thrift stores for a while.
I would so love a new outfit but I decided on thrift stores as well... I definately don't want to let myself become "comfortable"
guil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
SDchickie I was a cheap drunk before IP I cannot imagine what will happen when I have my next drink
Maezy, I, too, was a cheap drunk. Now I'm a SUPER cheap drunk! lol! Be careful... that's all I can say. They hit me hard!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minch View Post
WOW! That's amazing progress, SDChickie! I'm curious though, were you an exerciser before IP or is this something new? I've read on other threads that exercising on IP can actually slow down your weight loss but obviously you're living proof that it isn't true!

A 30 minute 5K is REALLY fast! Good luck with your goal and keep us posted!

I love hearing other peoples successes so I hope more "braggarts" find this thread! Have a great weekend!
No, Minch, I wasn't an exerciser. I've just had so much energy on IP that I've HAD to move... I just can't stop. I know it may slow my losses, but that's something I'm willing to live with. I figure I'm building muscle even as I'm burning fat, and this IS a lifelong lifestyle change, so what's a few more months if needed?

YEA for your brag!!! DO buy something new... even if it's just one thing. You can pair it with nearly new thrift store finds. It's amazing what a difference wearing the right-sized clothes makes! (Granted, they'll be too big within a week or two... ha!)
Old 11-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Wooohooo - boast away! Feels great, and you've EARNED it with every single one of those days and every choice you've made.

Since we're boasting - here's mine. Was helping a friend by loaning her a top or two for a family photo shoot. While being able to loan my friends clothing is reward in itself, I stumbled on one of my old pairs of pants. You know, the ones you held on to for comparison's sake?

Check this out!!

IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Wooohooo - boast away! Feels great, and you've EARNED it with every single one of those days and every choice you've made.

Since we're boasting - here's mine. Was helping a friend by loaning her a top or two for a family photo shoot. While being able to loan my friends clothing is reward in itself, I stumbled on one of my old pairs of pants. You know, the ones you held on to for comparison's sake?

Check this out!!

Oh my GOSH, DivaJen! THAT is amazing!!! Can you just repost that pic every once in awhile so the visual stays fresh in people's minds???