Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #16  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
Also in 19 weeks I have a trip to Costa Rica coming up
We love to vacation in Mexico, but I've been curious about Costa Rica. Be sure to post when you return!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post

I am on the phone with the TA...on Wednesday my husband paid for an upgrade to a suite for our cruise and this morning on their website it says we are not booked into a suite...so I am on hold trying to get it worked out...feeling kinda duped that we paid extra for no reason...getting down to the wire with this, we sail on Sunday. Might be a two cups of coffee kinda morning.
I saw a documentary of TV the other day about a cruise ship and some of the snafus that happen, especially with passports and manifest names not matching. I hope this all works out for you.

Scorbett- I've hired a lot of people but I've never called someone back so quickly. You've got this!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #17  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Scorbett- I've hired a lot of people but I've never called someone back so quickly. You've got this!
Thanks! It's kind of a running joke now - they waited an hour before calling me back for the 2nd interview, so maybe they thought they'd "hold back" the second time...by a whole half hour I just hope they can afford me!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Home with a sick little one today. Nothing like a sick kid at 2 am to completely kill your appetite! Today will be a day of house cleaning which is actually a pretty good deal. I will now have a 4 day weekend instead of a 3. Clean today and have the rest of the weekend for fun (and homework-bleh.)

So I have always been short but refused to shop in the petite section. Now I have no choice. When I was heavy, my chub held up my pant legs and I always wore heels. Now, I absolutely need to buy new pants and in a petite size. Even my heels do not help with the length of my pants. There will be some shopping in my near future (providing the illness stays with the little one.)
Hope your sweetie feels better soon! Nothing like a good house bleaching to help stop that stomach bug in its tracks!!! Hope your day goes ok!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #19  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Hope your sweetie feels better soon! Nothing like a good house bleaching to help stop that stomach bug in its tracks!!! Hope your day goes ok!!!
Thank you!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Good luck! First weigh ins are fun

Today is my super long day - all morning working at my MIL's house with hubby's grandfather, then my regular shift tonight. BUUUUUUT the in person interview I had yesterday went VERY well - they waited a whole hour and a half before calling me to schedule a third (and hopefully final) interview for Monday. If the numbers line up when the offer is out there, I would be giving my 2 weeks notice by Friday next week, which means I'd have a nice, long 3 day weekend for Vet's day before starting a new job....fingers crossed their offer is what I need it to be!
Yes- good luck with the first WI! (Sorry, I know this isn't scorbett's post, but I forgot to copy the OP's post.. let us know how it goes!)

Congrats Scorbett... these are all GREAT signs... we're all keeping our fingers crossed for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
Fingers crossed for you!

I am on the phone with the TA...on Wednesday my husband paid for an upgrade to a suite for our cruise and this morning on their website it says we are not booked into a suite...so I am on hold trying to get it worked out...feeling kinda duped that we paid extra for no reason...getting down to the wire with this, we sail on Sunday. Might be a two cups of coffee kinda morning.
UGH, keep talking to them and nagging, seriously... you can probably even get an upgrade to your upgrade for the inconvenience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Scorbett: sending you good wishes!

So, yesterday I tried the IP broccoli & cheese soup poured on 2 c steamed broccoli. So many of you have said that is one of your go-to meals. That is not a flavor I enjoy.

I was at work so I tried choking it down and ended up throwing off all my plans yesterday and just resorting to my emergency bar (sans veggies for lunch). When I got home, I puréed it all together with some spices. That made it edible for my palate. I guess I'll mix it with another soup and some other veggie purée that I already like. So interesting how there are so many different likes/dislikes. I'm glad they make so many options (and glad I don't have to buy whole boxes!)

Making my favorites today to reward my palate.
I haven't tried the IP broc and cheese since I do alternatives, but the broc and cheese and cream of celery proti thin make me gag. Good for you for making it work for you. I've found that the cauliflower puree is my favorite in soups, and the cream of chicken is the only one I REALLY like.

Quote:
Home with a sick little one today. Nothing like a sick kid at 2 am to completely kill your appetite! Today will be a day of house cleaning which is actually a pretty good deal. I will now have a 4 day weekend instead of a 3. Clean today and have the rest of the weekend for fun (and homework-bleh.)

So I have always been short but refused to shop in the petite section. Now I have no choice. When I was heavy, my chub held up my pant legs and I always wore heels. Now, I absolutely need to buy new pants and in a petite size. Even my heels do not help with the length of my pants. There will be some shopping in my near future (providing the illness stays with the little one.)
Awww, hope the little one feels better soon! Sounds like a productive weekend you have ahead of you- but the shopping as a prize sounds like fun!

I started a new job Monday (well sort of, I'm in the same office and haven't had to move my desk but the job itself and the department have changed) and I'm exhausted. I've never had so many meetings in my life. But it's much busier than my old job thankfully, because I hate being bored! Had one not-so-great day last weekend but otherwise my trip to visit family was an IP success. So my loss this week might not be huge but I'm still proud of myself for sticking to it as closely as I was able to. Traditionally a visit with my family includes me hogging on everything in the refrigerator and sneaking out for fast food if there wasn't anything good (my family actually eats pretty healthy so I'm not sure what triggers it). This time I even cooked some nice healthy meals for them!

Last edited by djs06; 10-19-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #21  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Good luck! First weigh ins are fun

Today is my super long day - all morning working at my MIL's house with hubby's grandfather, then my regular shift tonight. BUUUUUUT the in person interview I had yesterday went VERY well - they waited a whole hour and a half before calling me to schedule a third (and hopefully final) interview for Monday. If the numbers line up when the offer is out there, I would be giving my 2 weeks notice by Friday next week, which means I'd have a nice, long 3 day weekend for Vet's day before starting a new job....fingers crossed their offer is what I need it to be!
I knew you'd rock it!!! How exciting!!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

if any of you need a "pick-me-up" today, make this:

crepe + dark chocolate pudding = heaven in my mouth
(directions on Day 15 of my blog)

Last edited by le506; 10-19-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #23  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Good Morning and Happy Friday Yall!
This day could not have come any sooner! Mmmm feeling soo thankful it's here and sooo ready to just sit and just be at home this weekend. No plans, but to just do home things, decorate, be with my boy, doggy to the dog park, and catch up on the dvr! Ugh... sounds soooo good! So excited!
The winds have finally stopped, or what the North Dakotans call it "breezy" LOL I call it blow ya d'mn house down winds, but potato, patato

I hope everyone has a great IP/OP day!!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #24  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

hgmaroth - hope that little one feels better! Oh and good luck shopping!!! Woo Hoo!

djs06 - Congrats on the new position! And congrats on overcoming the dreaded family meals! Good for you on taking charge. I remember my Mom giving me **** for "going on a diet" when my sister had a birthday and I couldn't eat the cake. REALLY??? When is there NOT something going on that will be a struggle?? Plus I don't like cake anyway

sonyaiva - so jealous!!! Have fun rocking the new suit!

My amazing niece is coming down this weekend (an Angie also!) for some movies and shopping! I am in desperate need of clothes and can't wait to try some of the new fashions!

In maintenance now so I can have our traditional sushi but I think I'll ask them to make it without the rice! YUM YUM! It's interesting how I really don't even want those nasty little carbs anymore ... except for the wine of course

Good luck to anyone having a WI today!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
The winds have finally stopped, or what the North Dakotans call it "breezy" LOL I call it blow ya d'mn house down winds, but potato, patato
I choked on my tea reading that! Hang in there- hope your house stays standing!

Last edited by le506; 10-19-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

scorbett - You rock! That job is yours

Good luck on WI for everyone!

We're preparing for company today. Going to be a challenge to stay OP, but I'm going to do it. Trying to put together a menu for the weekend. This diet has made me SO HAPPY that there is no way I'm going to cheat and risk losing everything! I haven't felt this good in a long time. Nothing like seeing the scale move in the right direction to put a smile on your face

Have a great weekend everyone! Here's a funny little quote that someone posted on facebook the other day. It reminded me of the consequences of cheating on IP:

"Life is not like a box of chocolates, it is more like a jar of jalapenos. What is good today will burn your a$$ tomorrow"

Mandy

Last edited by sahmmommy2; 10-19-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #27  
Started IP 2/28/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
I choked on my tea reading that! Hang in there- hope your house stays standing!
OOP! Dont choke! LOL It's soo true though it's the funniest thing. 60+MPH winds and on the news they mark it as "BREEZY" are you serious?! Where i'm from that's a got d'mn storm! LOL The people here crack me up, but it is what it is The things they take SO SERIOUS and then things they just let slide... I just SMH... Bass Awkwards! Small Town USA LOL Just glad my house is still standing and I made it in to work today LOL The wind was blowing so hard yesterday I couldnt open the door to get out of the building, or my car door to get in! I was slidding my feet across the ground in fear of lifting them because i didnt want the wind to catch them and take my other one and then be face down on cement! LOL Not a good look! But it was my bad, not a good day to wear big hoop earings, 4inch heal boots and koolat pants either! LOL I was like kite/sail boat - Idiot! ... smh! LOL Cheers! LOL TGIF!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
OOP! Dont choke! LOL It's soo true though it's the funniest thing. 60+MPH winds and on the news they mark it as "BREEZY" are you serious?! Where i'm from that's a got d'mn storm! LOL The people here crack me up, but it is what it is The things they take SO SERIOUS and then things they just let slide... I just SMH... Bass Awkwards! Small Town USA LOL Just glad my house is still standing and I made it in to work today LOL The wind was blowing so hard yesterday I couldnt open the door to get out of the building, or my car door to get in! I was slidding my feet across the ground in fear of lifting them because i didnt want the wind to catch them and take my other one and then be face down on cement! LOL Not a good look! But it was my bad, not a good day to wear big hoop earings, 4inch heal boots and koolat pants either! LOL I was like kite/sail boat - Idiot! ... smh! LOL Cheers! LOL TGIF!
You crack me up! Breezy! Um...Sure... I have a fantastic visual of you walking into the wind. We had the 60+ winds here in Wyo too and IT ISNT FUN. I am home with a sick boy and oh so happy to not have to go anywhere in the "BREEZE."
Old 10-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
hgmaroth - hope that little one feels better! Oh and good luck shopping!!! Woo Hoo!
I noticed we are the same height. What made you decide on your goal weight? The "recommended weight" for me according to my print out is 128 and I am like Um, Yeah right. I am 34, have had 3 kids and I do not see myself that low. I am in a size 8/10 right now and thought maybe a goal of 140 would work. My sheet now says heathy and not obese so honestly I am pretty happy with that. I know I still have some fat to lose especially around my tummy along c-section area. Do you mind me asking what size you are and what made you decide on goal weight?
Old 10-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #30  
Started IP 2/28/2012

Quote:
You crack me up! Breezy! Um...Sure... I have a fantastic visual of you walking into the wind. We had the 60+ winds here in Wyo too and IT ISNT FUN. I am home with a sick boy and oh so happy to not have to go anywhere in the "BREEZE."
LOL Yeah i'm sure it was a sight! And def. not one of my brighter moments for sure. My light bulb was def. flickering that day LOL Ohhh ick, sick babies... never any fun. I hate when my boy is sick. I worry the whole time. It's the worst, because you cant make them feel better and you hate to see them feel cruddy. Well I hope he feels better.
Closed Thread