Old 10-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #16  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

I just watched the Alton Brown video - OMG they look sooooo good - I wonder what would happen leaving out the parmesan and breadcrumbs. Probably would just ruin it. :-(
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #17  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Pre-IP, I added some milk and quite a bit of catsup to meatloaf when mixing it up, and used oatmeal as the binder (along with an egg or 2). Now, I only use a couple of tablespoons of IP friendly catsup, and since using such lean grd beef (or turkey), I found adding either chicken or beef broth (IP friendly of course) instead of the milk helped keep it moist. In place of the oatmeal, I used grated cauliflower, so it helped me to get my veggies in as well. This worked so well, that I made a triple serving batch, and took it on a 2500 mile road trip last week for my evening proteins. It held together very well!

I don't measure at all when making old stand-bys that I've made all my life, so experiment with seasonings, etc. to find what you like.

Last edited by greeniris; 10-19-2012 at 01:24 PM.
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #18  

S/C/G: H 225/ S 205/ C 197.5/ TBD

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
Hey ladies - so I made this last night and while the flavor was quite nice they were SO DRY. Any ideas? I would like to make them again but hoping they could be a bit more moist. I did the recipe I listed, 15 at 350, drained off liquid; another 15 at 350, then added the BBQ sauce on top and did another 10 at 400. Perhaps since I was only doing muffins the time was too long? I noticed on another recipe using muffin tins the cook time was only 25 minutes.

What do you guys think? As well I didn't put the WF BBQ sauce in the mix - only on top for the last 10 minutes - maybe next time I should add it in the mix for more moisture?
When I made mine I had to add extra time because they were still pink in the middle, but I was using ground turkey. They didn't come out dry but that maybe because I had such a hard time draining them. Maybe you drained off too much of the juices? Oh, did you use the mini muffin pan last night? If so you would have needed less time.
warmheart is offline   Reply With Quote