Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #31  

Unfortunately I am down with the flu so no weigh in for me today. I have lots of chicken broth and a new book so I will be hanging out in my jammies all day.

Good luck to all of you who weigh in today
Old 10-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Height: 5'5"

Hi All,
Today is my 3rd day on IP. I have about 200 pounds to lose, and I'm committed to following this plan 100%. I've done Atkins (lost 80 lbs, gained it back), Weight Watchers (lost at least 30 pounds 2-3 times), and Ayurveda (lost 50, gained it back). I have 2 friends who have lost a significant amount of weight on IP, I thought it was too drastic, but I'm ready for something drastic, I think.
Today is better, I don't feel as sick! (I knew to expect it though... I've done low-carb plans before).
Still in that honeymoon phase but I am in this for the long haul. Luckily I am single so no foods in the house to distract me--I emptied my cupboards and fridge and gave away about 4 grocery bags full.
Some of you ladies have lost an incredible amount of weight! Glad to have some inspiring people here!
Old 10-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #33  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Good morning from New Orleans everyone!

I'm entering Phase I, week two. I had a first cheat yesterday (a scoop of ice cream...ugh.) Trying to stay on track 100% today so send me some Will Power Dust if you have any to spare. If you sprinkle it right on the keyboard, I'm sure it will come through!
One question for you...Did you have to BUY that scoop of ice cream?? IF SO, you had to THINK about it, You could have TALKED your way out of that, had PLENTY of enough time to do so. You need to really stop and ask yourself is it worth is? ONE packet of food cost you around $5 a packet...that scoop of ice cream tasted good for what 5 mins or until you finished it? was it worth it really worth it? Next time you want to cheat, put the amount of money you would spend in a jar instead of buying that food item, keep doing that EACH time you want to cheat.n After a month or so of doing that you can reward yourself for staying OP sorry this is my tough love....don't mean to offend you

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
Hi All,
Today is my 3rd day on IP. I have about 200 pounds to lose, and I'm committed to following this plan 100%. I've done Atkins (lost 80 lbs, gained it back), Weight Watchers (lost at least 30 pounds 2-3 times), and Ayurveda (lost 50, gained it back). I have 2 friends who have lost a significant amount of weight on IP, I thought it was too drastic, but I'm ready for something drastic, I think.
Today is better, I don't feel as sick! (I knew to expect it though... I've done low-carb plans before).
Still in that honeymoon phase but I am in this for the long haul. Luckily I am single so no foods in the house to distract me--I emptied my cupboards and fridge and gave away about 4 grocery bags full.
Some of you ladies have lost an incredible amount of weight! Glad to have some inspiring people here!
YOU CAN do this!!...I have 197lbs GONE....stick to your goals and let NOTHING or ANYONE get in your way!!
Old 10-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone :-)

Been lurking the past few days. Welcome to the newcomers, and congrats to the great losses!

I have a WI tomorrow and my scale has not budged this week, so we'll see what happens. I've been in a lot of pain, having issues with my back. I've been taking ibuprofen, tylenol pm, diclofenac, and sometimes nyquil because I've also been having a lot of sinus issues. The meds have been staggered, but I think it may be effecting my weight loss.

Then again, maybe the whoosh fairy will visit me tonight!

Keep up the good fight everyone :-)
Old 10-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #35  
SMB

S/C/G: 205/189/140

Height: 5'4"

I've had a cold for the past few days and I've been 100% OP except for Tylenol Cold pills and the scale hasn't budged at all! Not one little bit! Arg!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #36  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Think I may be in a plateau but it's still early in the week...weigh in isn't until friday, and im going to the gym tonight
Old 10-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Congratulations!!! My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th next month as well. We are going to Zihuatanejo, Mexico for 10 days. I am so excited to be able to feel comfortable in my own skin for the first time in 20 years.
I wish I could 'like' your post. So awesome. Have a great time!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quick question, I have a prepackaged salad sitting in front of me. Nice variety of lettuces, but some unallowed items I need to remove. Took off the carrots. But I'm not sure about radishes and raw red cabbage...are these allowable in phase I? Thanks much!

Edited to add:

I just found red cabbage on my approved veggie list, but I only see white radish, not red...so I'm concluding red radish is a no-go. Does that sound correct?

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 10-16-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Hi all! Haven't had a chance to pop by in a while but I'm still around! Work is busy and I just started a Learn to Run class last night with the Running Room. Insane!

AND...today is my last day of phase 1! That's right, I'm phasing out and starting phase 2 tomorrow. So exciting!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Congratulations!!! My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th next month as well. We are going to Zihuatanejo, Mexico for 10 days. I am so excited to be able to feel comfortable in my own skin for the first time in 20 years.

Mooselover,
Hello!! Your new picture is just amazing! I will look like that by the end of October, ho0pefully and sometime in November, join you in my journey to maintaining. Glad you are doing well and have a great trip to Mexico coming up, a great place to wear new sexy clothes and enjoy the new shape!

Courtney DAWN,
Welcome! This is a great place to get and give support. You will do well on IP if you stick close to the chicks here.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Quote:
I just found red cabbage on my approved veggie list, but I only see white radish, not red...so I'm concluding red radish is a no-go. Does that sound correct?
I've used red radishes in my salads since I started 9.2.12.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #42  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Quick question, I have a prepackaged salad sitting in front of me. Nice variety of lettuces, but some unallowed items I need to remove. Took off the carrots. But I'm not sure about radishes and raw red cabbage...are these allowable in phase I? Thanks much!

Edited to add:

The newest Phase 1 sheet that I have says "radish" is okay, not specifying color. I've been eating red ones just fine.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

random question for y'all: which makes the better hot chocolate?
RTD Chocolate, Chocolate drink powder, Torani syrup or something from WF?
Old 10-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 165/158/120

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I found that after week 8 or so, I was less enamored by the shakes - I wanted food I could chew! So far I've been able to make that adjustment pretty well. I also make sure I have a good arsenal of recipes so that if a craving hits, I can answer it!
In my starter packet, most of the food I was given were a bunch of different flavors of shakes. When I went through that, and even a few days in, my only thought was, "I don't know if I can do this for several months."

Then, after my first weigh-in, I picked out food that was actual food -- not shakes, but things that I knew I could make stuff into, like the pudding cupcakes. I've never been a big shake as a meal replacement kind of gal. I like having food to eat, not drink.

Now I love, love, love the unrestricted oatmeal from Protidiet, or making a thin egg white omelet and snacking on it on my way to work or class.

Last edited by NoirStories; 10-16-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #45  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Am I being bad...Im eating Pho but eating around the noodles
Closed Thread