Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #31  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
Good morning!!
We're up dark and early here in NC. It must be a reserve weekend at Ft Bragg because we woke up to our house getting bombed- at least thats what it sounded like with someone using a firing range/impact area which is hardly ever used right by our house.

Question about getting sick- are OTCs out on IP, are we pretty much resorted to netti pots, hot tea and gargling salt water?

Hope everyone has a great day
http://www.pharmacychecker.com/compa.../89379/170444/

I took nyquil a few months ago and could immediately tell it was LOADED with sugar. I think one shot was like 23g. I switched to the gel tablets. But the link above looks like a good answer too. Sugar and Alcohol free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hi Vet,
I'm also back to lose after being away for 5 weeks. I gained a little over 5 pounds, and need to lose that plus a few more. Learned that carbs really don't taste that good, except for a few things.

You have such great discipline, you'll get there! That weight will come off, no doubt about it. Sorry about the wait till Tuesday though. Are you using alternatives?
I'm using mostly alternatives. I did just have an IP wildberry yougort shake and it was awesome! But I ate some IP/Nashua food and stayed low carb. But I didn't loose. And I want to start loosing again. I agree I didn't miss the carbs. I tried a few things but didn't really like it. I stayed with in 5ive pounds and felt "comfortable" so I just kept treading water. I am ready to start swimming again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrochet View Post
Welcome back Kaypix, hoping your payday is today! scorbett, love your new pic, gotta say though...you're looking a little mischevious right there, lol. Vet..amazing work you've done, great goal for Halloween.
I think my week is going pretty well. The last 2 weeks I had to WI on Saturday instead of my usual Friday because of work. This week I think I'll be back in Friday schedule.. we leave for vacation a week from tomorrow, that's all I can think about, soooooooo excited to feel the pool and beach for the first time in over 15 years. I'm focused to lose as much as possible by then, enjoy the trip staying OP as much as possible, with a few little spluges.
Thanks. Good to be back. Man I saw wuv's last WI, she is about to hit 200 #'s lost! Whooo Hooo!
Quote:
I hate that it is 10am (here) and I already have a vent.

<- that's me when my IP coach and this board disagree. She tells me to stay away from WFs and Mio. I just asked about cooking with coconut oil and she says its a no-go (though grape-seed is okay)

urg. I don't know who to believe
Do what feels right to you. My clinic sells WF and suggested I stay away from Mio. So you will get a different answer from almost everyone. I enjoy a powerade zereo a few times a week. Even with the lower salt in it I still need to watch it because it causes me to retain water.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 165/158/120

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Apart from the cookie, are there any other foods that might be classified as super-restricted on IP?
Old 10-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 200/160/145

Height: 5'7"

Help please. My hubby is headed for Phase 2 this week and I hope to join him soon. I looked in the stickies for a CURRENT Phase 2 sheet. I'm not seeing it. Is it there and I'm just being stupid? Wouldnt be the first time and it won't be the last! Thanks !!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #34  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Good Morning... err Afternoon, Whatev LOL Just glad the week is almost over!
WI this morning and the scale didnt move but I was down a butt load of inches so that was super fabulous. Now i'm on my way to Physical Therapy (good times :/) and back to work again lol
These last couple of weeks have really drained me. Planning a wedding, really brings out the worst in people. I have found things out about friends and family that have made just drop my jaw in pure shock. Ok i'm a real chick, but maybe im nieve.. but aren't wedding supposed to be about the couple and about the celebration of love?! Lord have mercy... and give me the strength! LOL But please not a gun, because i surely wont make it to my own wedding. sigh... sorry.. i had to get that out.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #35  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirStories View Post
Apart from the cookie, are there any other foods that might be classified as super-restricted on IP?
The IP cookies are just restricted like the bars, the snacks, and the chili and spaghetti (anything over 8g carbs). The spaghetti is the only one that I'd call "super restricted" because you can only have it a max of twice per week - it has 17 NET carbs.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #36  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:

<- that's me when my IP coach and this board disagree. She tells me to stay away from WFs and Mio. I just asked about cooking with coconut oil and she says its a no-go (though grape-seed is okay)

Has your coach been on the diet at all? When to come to the forum and ask questions we all go by experience and most of the time we are all on the same page. As you know many of the coaches coach different, as Vet said go by what is good for you. A lot of coaches discourage their clients from coming here because of the disagreement of many things. There will always be disagreements because EVERYONE is different, sees things different ways, allow different things. I go by my experience and share what I have done but again this is in my opinion only
Old 10-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #37  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodmomma View Post
Help please. My hubby is headed for Phase 2 this week and I hope to join him soon. I looked in the stickies for a CURRENT Phase 2 sheet. I'm not seeing it. Is it there and I'm just being stupid? Wouldnt be the first time and it won't be the last! Thanks !!!!
I don't think phase 2 has been updated - the only difference between phase 1 and 2 is that instead of having a packet at lunch with your veggies, you do the same kind of meal as dinnertime with meat protein.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 209/136/140 R:224.8/200/145

Height: 5' 5

Default OTC's

Quote:
Good morning!!
We're up dark and early here in NC. It must be a reserve weekend at Ft Bragg because we woke up to our house getting bombed- at least thats what it sounded like with someone using a firing range/impact area which is hardly ever used right by our house.

Question about getting sick- are OTCs out on IP, are we pretty much resorted to netti pots, hot tea and gargling salt water?

Hope everyone has a great day
This just happened to me this week. I was so sick and not sleeping I caved in and had Nyquil Tues night. I was craving sugars yesterday, so drove to the drugstore and tried looking at labels. I couldn't find the info I was looking for, so I called Vicks right from the shopping aisle. For the cold and flu version: Dayquil liquid has 23.8 Carbs and 13.3 sugar and Nyquil has 18.8 carb and 12.8 sugar. She said the capsule form is 0/0. So the capsules are a better option, but remember that FDA allows 0 for anything that is < .9 gm. So, by taking multiple doses, the sugars will add up even for products that state 0/0/0. My body is really sensitive, so I have to be careful...I hate it when I crave sugars and/or am hungry and tempted to "cheat". Both of these symptoms tell me I'm out of ketosis
Old 10-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #39  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Good afternoon everyone! Had my week six weigh-in this morning and lost another 4.5 lbs! I am now down 26.5 lbs in 6 weeks. AWESOME! Along with a great scale victory I had an awesome NSV- my husband told me last night there was less of me to hug!

I am so glad I found this forum and so thankful for all you awesome ladies and what I have learned from you!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #40  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedamberly View Post
Good afternoon everyone! Had my week six weigh-in this morning and lost another 4.5 lbs! I am now down 26.5 lbs in 6 weeks. AWESOME! Along with a great scale victory I had an awesome NSV- my husband told me last night there was less of me to hug!

I am so glad I found this forum and so thankful for all you awesome ladies and what I have learned from you!
Congrats on both your victories! It's so nice when my kids hug me and center easily get their arms all the way around! What part of WI are you in? I'm in the Eau Claire area.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #41  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post
Congrats on both your victories! It's so nice when my kids hug me and center easily get their arms all the way around! What part of WI are you in? I'm in the Eau Claire area.
No way! I am up by Rice Lake actually- small world. Are you going through Stucky?
Old 10-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #42  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedamberly View Post
No way! I am up by Rice Lake actually- small world. Are you going through Stucky?
I am. It is a small world!
Old 10-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Has your coach been on the diet at all? When to come to the forum and ask questions we all go by experience and most of the time we are all on the same page. As you know many of the coaches coach different, as Vet said go by what is good for you. A lot of coaches discourage their clients from coming here because of the disagreement of many things. There will always be disagreements because EVERYONE is different, sees things different ways, allow different things. I go by my experience and share what I have done but again this is in my opinion only
Lisa is my only coach now mine sucked lol. thats why i am doing it with me myself and I. plus she is on Facebook and gets on my butt after hours lol....
Old 10-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #44  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

A few of todays NSV's. Along with a handful of complements from different people and nice congratulatory hug and kiss from a friend/beautiful woman.

I bought six new pair of underwear today. Boxer briefs! I just got home and tried a pair on. Heavenly and they're 2X down from tight 4X!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

I kinda agree with both. I try to avoid artificial sweetener as much as possible but I also use a little of the WF products. Most WF products are yucky so they are easy to avoid.

I like the WF maple syrup on the cereal pancake. I like the fruit spread in stewed rhubarb so I don't miss fruit so much.

but I have heard from others in these threads that mio makes some people crave sweets and that everything has calories and carbs if you consume enough. So limiting your additions is good, but staying OP and what you need to stay sane on this diet is important also.
Closed Thread