Old 09-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/239/170

Default Needing Advice

So i am on week 2 of IP starting week 3 on Thursday!!
But i got a quick question.... I dropped 8.2 Pounds the first week!!!! WOOT!!
But this morning i got on the scale and it hasn't changed!!! and i weigh in on Thursday( 2 days) I get my TOM on Thursday could it be because of bloating?? or it is because of i am getting my TOM??? Like i have been 100% on the diet. I was so happy with my first week weight loss and i was hoping for a good 2 week weight loss but it doesn't look to good

I need advice!! HELP!!
AmberMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:06 AM   #2  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

It sounds as if it could be both, bloating and TOM which causes bloating! I wouldn't worry about it, if you have been on the program 100 percent, then you will drop pounds...You had a wonderful first weigh in congratulations!!! Try real hard not to worry about what the scale says today and whatever the scale says when you get officially weighed, accept it and keep going!!! I have made up my mind that i'm not quitting no matter what that scale says! Good luck to you!
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:33 AM   #3  
Started IP 8/12/12

S/C/G: 217/217/160

Height: 5'5"

This is my fifth week on IP, and it seems I have a big loss week followed by a smaller loss. This has been my pattern, I guess. OVerall I lost 18 pounds the first month so even though you may not see the scale moving much, as long as you stay on plan it will catch up. Don't sweat it! I'm a daily wiegher so I can tell if it's going to be little loss week or bigger one before I go. But it does come off, hang in there!
Sarahjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

It definitely can be HORRORmones. Plus you will find that your body has to readjust as you lose. You will have some larger loss weeks and some smaller lb loss weeks where you have big inches lost. Or like me last week a really big body fat % loss without a real big lb loss. All the numbers matter...not just the scale so pay attention to what your body is doing overall. Stay the course and stay 100% OP...it will come off. AND yes...TOM messes with you for at least one week out of every month. In my case usually two weeks out of every month.
Meadow Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/148/150

Height: 5 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberMae View Post
So i am on week 2 of IP starting week 3 on Thursday!!
But i got a quick question.... I dropped 8.2 Pounds the first week!!!! WOOT!!
But this morning i got on the scale and it hasn't changed!!! and i weigh in on Thursday( 2 days) I get my TOM on Thursday could it be because of bloating?? or it is because of i am getting my TOM??? Like i have been 100% on the diet. I was so happy with my first week weight loss and i was hoping for a good 2 week weight loss but it doesn't look to good

I need advice!! HELP!!
Your body is just catching up!! 8.2 in the first week is amazing!!! TOM will play games with the scale, so don't sweat it. Stick with the plan! It works! If the scale is going to mess with your mind, Put It Away!!! Use the scale at your clinic and only weigh once a week. You don't need the added stress and it can affect your weight loss! You got this! Stay 100%, it's the only way to go!!!
MyTime50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

I was told by my coach that she's found it quite common that week 2/3 may have a smaller weightloss...she explained why, I can't remember .
Beware of weighing daily.
My weight will fluxuate quite drastically (at times) during the week. I remember one week, every morning i'd stand on the scale and it was either slightly higher, or stayed the same - the morning I weighed in at the clinic "WHOOSH" several pounds came off.
I like to weigh myself every morning cause even if it's up a bit - I know it's temporary and I love seeing all those lovely "Onederland" numbers.
Good luck, stick with it....cause this plan WORKS!
Just remember weighing daily can be a dangerous thing - don't let the numbers discourage you. You had such an awesome 1st. week....weigh to go!!!!!!
Heitina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

HORRORmones... so true!

It's most likely related. So even if you stay the same, you might very well get a nice whoosh next week. That's usually what happens to me- I gain or maintain, then lose a few pounds when it's gone. I haven't been on IP long enough to see if the pattern stays the same, but in the past when I've lost weight, I've lost the bulk of it right after my period (and sometimes nothing for the rest of the month!)

Last edited by djs06; 09-19-2012 at 09:54 AM.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #8  

Height: 5'6"

All great advice! Your weight will continue to go down if you stay OP. I'm a daily weigher, wish I could break the habit, but haven't yet. So I keep a daily journal of the weight (for the last month-ish). With that it's easy for me to see how random and varied the daily weights are, but bottom line 49lbs left. Congrats on a great first week, enjoy this journey!
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 247/239/170

Thank you so much everyone for your help!!!! Just got back from the TOM weigh in still lost 1 pound!! But my coach said usually the TOM week is a write off and I still lost 3 and1\2 inches this week total 11 inches!! Thank you everyone for your support if it was me an no help I would of have up!!!
AmberMae is offline   Reply With Quote