Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #61  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Ok how are you guys making these zucchini chips?
Old 08-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #62  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Sorry to ask as it's probably obvious but what does RTD stand for? I'M OP with the IP (and have to go P - which is TMI btw), but don't have the RTD ...
Old 08-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #63  
Started IP August 2, 2012

S/C/G: S/C/G 171/162.5/135

Default Day 2... still surviving!

I really wanted come on sooner this morning and catch up with you all but my dad bought my mom an ipad for their anniversary and I spent hours on the phone with her trying to help her set it up!

Congrats to all of you with great WI's while I was away! Those that are struggling and having nibbles here and there I feel your pain. I didn't take any food to work with me yesterday and I ended up filching two jujubes from the candy jar in the office. Today I had lunch first and now I am going into work on my classroom AND STAY OUT OF THE OFFICE! I am not officially back to work until Monday but there is too much to do!

I hope you all have a great OP day!
Old 08-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #64  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Rtd=READY TO DRINK
Old 08-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #65  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
LOL -- seriously, don't ask ME as I'm working on batch #4 today. 4 zuchinnis later I've eaten about 8 crispy yummy chips. The rest were soggy, or burnt, (but I called 'em 'cajun blackened' and ate 'em anyway! Made them feel exotic

If you google zucchini chips you get lots of recipes. If I master these babies, I'll get back to you!
Old 08-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'3"

My husband came home last night and told me he had a present for me. FRESH RHUBARB!!!! I thought it was all gone in CT, but this morning I had strawberry pudding with rhubarb!!! I never would have thought that I would be so excited by RHUBARB!!!! (Kind of sad if you think about it, but 50 lbs gone is not sad........)

Great weigh-ins happening. Keep up the good work. I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel - I am starting to get impatient, just want the time to pass so I will be at goal. I am even beginning to think that this time I will make it to goal, unlike all of the other diets in the past.

I appreciate all of the encouragement on here. Really helps me to stay strong and focused. I am not a super fast loser, and sometimes I just need that extra boost that I can get here.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #67  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedEnough View Post
Today I had lunch first and now I am going into work on my classroom AND STAY OUT OF THE OFFICE! I am not officially back to work until Monday but there is too much to do!

I hope you all have a great OP day!
Ironically, I am IN my classroom typing this as there is sooo much to do that I'm overwhelmed. So am turning to 3FC for my "calming moment" before I hit the madness and chaos of my classroom. Where did all these dust bunnies come from? And who piled all the stuff to be sorted everywhere -- oh maybe that was me in June! LOL Have a good one, and Good Luck!

P.S. Thanks wuv for the RTD info -- I knew it was obvious.... sheesh

ttyl
Old 08-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Remember I told you that you would GAIN in phase 3 bcause we reintroduced things into your body that you haven't had for a while. You will lose it this week
I remember , the gain didn't show until the past few days. I was ready for it.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #69  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Happy Tuesday IPers! Hope everyone's having a great day. Tomorrow is my first official weigh-in. I'm doing alternatives and have requested the in-house clinic to monitor my weekly weigh-ins for extra accountability, I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Ah Riss. Just fooling. I know my auto complete gets me a lot!

So I need some new goals.

Under 300#'s by Halloween.

270 by my birthday, January 4th. A 200# loss for my birthday would be a nice present.

There I said it. Now to make it happen.

I picked those dates so I could remember them easily and because I think they're realistic.
Great idea, I hadn't given this any thought until now.

I'll set a couple goals for now:
35 lbs down by Halloween
50 lbs down by Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimiloo View Post
I have my first WI and measure at 11am......I'm so excited! I did get super dizzy yesterday, it was a different dizzy too not just light headed. Happily it passed but I wasn't up to snuff most of the night. I felt better when I ate pickles and a little salt.

I'm taking my son to see my BFF for the night who i'm concerned is going to be like 'dude why are you doing this'. Uh well i'm really over weight and needed to change. But I know she will be critical, but I only really have to get through 2 meals with her. (Dinner, i emailed about having salad and fish or meat and i packed veggies!) and then breakfast.
I'm concerned about a bit of dizziness I have at times too. I'll try the salt, but does anyone know why this is happening and if it's normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimiloo View Post
Weigh in 1: down 9 lbs and 2 inches! Wooooot!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanibelover View Post
My husband came home last night and told me he had a present for me. FRESH RHUBARB!!!! I thought it was all gone in CT, but this morning I had strawberry pudding with rhubarb!!! I never would have thought that I would be so excited by RHUBARB!!!! (Kind of sad if you think about it, but 50 lbs gone is not sad........)

Great weigh-ins happening. Keep up the good work. I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel - I am starting to get impatient, just want the time to pass so I will be at goal. I am even beginning to think that this time I will make it to goal, unlike all of the other diets in the past.

I appreciate all of the encouragement on here. Really helps me to stay strong and focused. I am not a super fast loser, and sometimes I just need that extra boost that I can get here.
I made a bee line to the farmers market this past weekend and stockpiled a few lbs of rhubarb to get me through the winter. Mmmm

Last edited by stargirl66; 08-21-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
I slice my zucc really thin on a mandolin, spread out on a cookie sheet (use parchment paper or, better yet, a silpat 'cause these things STICK otherwise). Lightly (and I mean lightly - you don't need a lot) brush olive oil across the zucc slices and sprinkle on a wee bit of sea salt. Bake at 200 for at least two hours...they'll shrink and shrivel up to nothing and should be brownish when done.

Best to eat soon after you make them while they're still crispy. I made some last night and brought them today and they were more chewy than anything. But still good!
Old 08-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

I just listened to Funky Town while catching up here.

Having a hungry day.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #72  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
I just listened to Funky Town while catching up here.

Having a hungry day.
bet you were smiling and shimming those sexy shoulders!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
bet you were smiling and shimming those sexy shoulders!!!
Maybe that's what's up with my appetite!
Old 08-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #74  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Well I found a package this morning from yesterday. It was three pair of shorts I'd ordered. My 48cshave been falling off. This is a different brand (Proper) of 46's that run a little smaller. They're snug but shouldn't be for long and they were fifteen bucks a pair,close to what altering the old ones would be. I love that they're a shorter 9" inseam too. The 13" from 5.11 were way too long for me.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
LOL -- seriously, don't ask ME as I'm working on batch #4 today. 4 zuchinnis later I've eaten about 8 crispy yummy chips. The rest were soggy, or burnt, (but I called 'em 'cajun blackened' and ate 'em anyway! Made them feel exotic

If you google zucchini chips you get lots of recipes. If I master these babies, I'll get back to you!
I struggled with the first batch too, the key I think is temperature, time and patience. The 2nd batch was much better, 225 degrees, 2hr, 45 min. I cooked my on a pampered chef stone, they browned nicely, rotate the pan half way thru. I also saw a tip to use a paper towel to soak up a little of the moisture before you start cooking them. For seasoning I used olive oil, sea salt, pepper and garlic powder. Good luck!
Closed Thread