Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #376  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
as I was hanging it up another dress caught my eye and I tried that on too. It's an old dress, haven't worn it in years but it fits beautifully now.
Now, I am not trying on dresses, but I have had to reach into the back of my closet and dust off some clothes just to have something to wear that fit better. Even these are getting a little loose on me. A few months ago we went through our closet and donated tons of stuff because we bought a house and didn't want to move unneeded stuff. Well, I know about 3 pairs of jeans would fit me nicely now, but oops, don't have them anymore. I am going to try to wait until I hit my goal to go out buying clothes. Funny thing is that I am happy to have to go get new clothes, but the thing I get excited about is having to buy a new belt. Us guys hardly ever buy a belt. One belt can last years and years so a new one is really a cool treat.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #377  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Funny thing is that I am happy to have to go get new clothes, but the thing I get excited about is having to buy a new belt. Us guys hardly ever buy a belt. One belt can last years and years so a new one is really a cool treat.
Lol...I think my husband's belts may be at least a couple of decades old! Congratulations on that new belt!!
Old 08-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #378  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Funny. thing is that I am happy to have to go get new clothes, but the thing I get excited about is having to buy a new belt. Us guys hardly ever buy a belt. One belt can last years and years so a new one is really a cool treat.
Yeah to new belts!
Old 08-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #379  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

I get the belt thing! I wear a uniform, and today my new order of uniforms arrived. New pants,shirts, and a belt in smaller sizes!!
Old 08-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #380  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all, just got back from WI #16 and lost 4.5 lbs and 5 more inches!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!! I am finally half way to my goal and 9 lbs away from onederland!

Last edited by shathom; 08-14-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #381  

Way to go Shathom!!!!! Awesome work!!!!!! You are doing so great!!! So proud of you!!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #382  

Day 3 of vacation ad were off to the zoo!!! I love the zoo!!! I have RTD packed in my cooler and a bar in my purse. I hope we stop at Subway before we go so I can grab a salad! Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #383  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Made a Trader Joes run last night, got some roasted seaweed, 2 jars of marinated mushrooms, 2 bags of cut, mixed bell peppers, and a package each of pre-seasoned (w/S&P) microwaveable asparagus & microwaveable baby broccoli (can 'cook' them at work). So I think I am set as far as augmenting my veggies on travel. Keeping some at work and some in the hotel room.

I kind of wish I had packed my scale as I woke up feeling 'skinny' this morning. And I accidentally packed my size 1 jeans, which had been a touch tight, but they fit me great this morning! I am missing my little baby boy though more than my kitchen, but I can't wait to get home to both of them on Thursday night...oh yeah, and my husband too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotsahope View Post
Hi Liz could you tell me what okra crisps are. They sound interesting. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Roasted okra Liz posted how she makes hers here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post4434647
Okra Crisps DO NOT TRAVEL WELL! Just a warning! They are FANTASTIC the night of though. My turnip chips kept okay though - but I had those morning of my flight, the okra later that night seemed to 'harden' up on the skins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all, just got back from WI #16 and lost 4.5 lbs and 5 more inches!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!! I am finally half way to my goal and 9 lbs away from onederland!
That is AWESOME!!! 9lb away AND at the half way mark! These milestones just so wonderful!

Last edited by LizRR; 08-14-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #384  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Funny thing is that I am happy to have to go get new clothes, but the thing I get excited about is having to buy a new belt. Us guys hardly ever buy a belt. One belt can last years and years so a new one is really a cool treat.
Happy belt shopping. Is that like shoe shopping for us women?

Quote:
Great job!

Made it just fine on my first day back on phase 1. No headaches, and definitely feel 100% better than when I started phase 1 the first time. My only complaint was I was in a foul mood, felt like I had major PMS. I hope everyone has a great day, and now I'm off to take a walk before it gets any hotter outside. It's suppose to get over 100 out there today.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #385  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Looking for support from any single mothers of triplets who are sending them off to school in 9 days...wait I am the only one! Just need to know how to stop the tears, tears, tears!

WI today down a half pound and 1.5 inches in the waist...I'll take it. If I weren't on IP now I know I would be tearing thru the carbs like the mad woman I once was! NOw, I am in control...of my eating, now my emotions are another topic!
Old 08-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #386  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Way to go Shathom!!!!! Awesome work!!!!!! You are doing so great!!! So proud of you!!
Thank you so much, you are as well, you know this feels so sureal, wonderful, but sureal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I kind of wish I had packed my scale as I woke up feeling 'skinny' this morning. And I accidentally packed my size 1 jeans, which had been a touch tight, but they fit me great this morning! I am missing my little baby boy though more than my kitchen, but I can't wait to get home to both of them on Thursday night...oh yeah, and my husband too!

That is AWESOME!!! 9lb away AND at the half way mark! These milestones just so wonderful!
Liz, you know you've been one of my greatest inspirations since I started. You have given me countless suggestions that have kept me going and for that I thank you. I'm so happy for you and happy for me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Happy belt shopping. Is that like shoe shopping for us women?

Great job!

Made it just fine on my first day back on phase 1. No headaches, and definitely feel 100% better than when I started phase 1 the first time. My only complaint was I was in a foul mood, felt like I had major PMS. I hope everyone has a great day, and now I'm off to take a walk before it gets any hotter outside. It's suppose to get over 100 out there today.
Thank you, you are also rocking IP
Old 08-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #387  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Woohoo for this week's WI! I'm right behind you on the search for onederland, it's very exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Day 3 of vacation ad were off to the zoo!!! I love the zoo!!! I have RTD packed in my cooler and a bar in my purse. I hope we stop at Subway before we go so I can grab a salad! Have a great day everyone!!!
Enjoy your day. I wish I could go to the zoo - oh wait, I'm already there but we call it "an office". Zoo would be a better descriptor some days.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #388  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
WAY - TO - GO DANA!!! "git r' dun!" Your gonna be my inspiration for a phase 1 reboot after my trip to Scotland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Looking for support from any single mothers of triplets who are sending them off to school in 9 days...wait I am the only one! Just need to know how to stop the tears, tears, tears!

WI today down a half pound and 1.5 inches in the waist...I'll take it. If I weren't on IP now I know I would be tearing thru the carbs like the mad woman I once was! NOw, I am in control...of my eating, now my emotions are another topic!
Awe, I'm not a mama...so I can only imagine...I know my mom had a hard time with me when I left (I am the baby). Just so you know, I did come back for a few years after college (I always warn people who are sending their kids off, sometimes they come back!) lol
Old 08-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #389  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post

Its going to be ok Trip they aren't gone forever they will come visit. My son is now a Jr in college lives 5 hrs away and I STILL cry when he leaves....we just always want our kids close to us
Old 08-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #390  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, here is my two sense worth on this amazing diet. Just for the record I hit the 90 pound loss mark today and only have 28 more pounds to go. So here is the story to my success.
I follow the diet to the letter. I decided early on that I was going to follow it and that I was not going to gain the weight back. My past diets have all failed because I did not really commit to them. So I committed totally to this and was terrified that if I let myself go off a little that it would lead to a lot. It wasn't always easy but I figured that if I lost 10 pounds a month I would be on this diet for one year. Then I decided that I would take that year and retrain my eating habits. I don't make mug cakes or pancakes with fake syrup because those things won't be a part of my mainenance diet. I have learned to crave veggies and protein. I have never had one of the bars or any of the cookies because I don't want to eat them anymore. I never want to have to loose this weight again.

Now for the payoff, I have been on this diet for 30 weeks and have lost 90 pounds. The secret? I do the diet and put in my time. Time plus 100% IP will equal weight loss. Did I have weeks of no loss? Absolutely, yet I still have averaged 3 pounds a week. I am 50 years old and that is not bad for a post-menapausal woman.

The other NSV that I recently had, last week I had a major family crisis, it was the worst week of my life. Saturday, in the middle of this crisis I had my daughters birthday party that was already planned. As I was putting out the cupcakes it dawned on me that I had gone for 3 days of incredible emotional upset and had not even once thought of food. The cupcakes weren't even a temptation. In the past I would have doped myself on food and then justified it with the emotional turmoil. I have always done that. I DIDN"T EVEN THINK OF FOOD! That is hugh for me.