Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Congratulations!!!!!!!

Love those goals met. I'm sure you'll make the 50 lbs by your birthday. We're all pulling for you.

Haven't seen NewPath and where is Cadu? There are so many posters on here now, but I often think of ones I was used to seeing since I've been on here for 6 months now.

I laughed at Kaypix too and her massive cookie baking. Being in our 60s, I have to be happy with one or two a week, if that.

Molly
Hi Molly,
I know, I miss Cadu too. And Wuv used to check in more often too. But we have Kaypix to keep us laughing and Rainbow and you to keep us cooking great meals!

I think I need to sleep more, I couldn't handle baking cookies more than twice a week. That takes energy!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Been lurking more than posting lately and some days I haven't been able to read the daily at all. Kinda in withdrawal!

Life has been busy. My son is registered at Virginia tech; we are working on all the dorm supplies; making all the doctor/dental/orthodontist/oral surgeon appointments for both kids before school starts again. Tomorrow I have a morning flight to Chicago for conferences. I have to do a presentation on Saturday..yuck. I have my box of shakes and bars ready to go in my suitcase.

Our air conditioner broke last night but luckily my husband fixed it today. Thank God for engineer husbands with friends in HVAC!

Glad to see everyone's losses and all the questions being answered. I learn so much from reading all those!

I got a coupon from DSW today - and then mapped the closest one to my hotel.. It will be about a 4.5 mile round trip walk. I think that will be my exercise at least one day! And a new pair of cute boots for the fall will be a reward for the weight loss to date. (at least that'll be the excuse when hubby asks why I'm coming home with more shoes than I left with!)

Have a wonderful weekend!

renee
Old 07-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #93  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyDunes View Post
Good Morning,
My 1st post!
I've been lurking, reading, getting great ideas, recipes, motivation from everyone. A wonderful community, time for me to join in!
I started IP June 5, 2012 and I'm down 25# and 28".
This morning I had an IP Wild Blueberry Yogurt smoothie with 1 cup of Rhubarb sweetened with a tsp of WF Strawberry Spread, delicious!
Have a great OP day!
Welcome!

Lovely breakfast and great weight loss!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Morning, all! Finally a break from the crazy heat - much appreciated!!

I'm wearing one of my fave dresses today and finally decided to wear a new pair of wedges I got and holy moly, you'd think people had never seen me before! It's a strange combination of almost feeling uncomfortable with people paying me compliments and being insanely proud and delighted at the same time.

Hope everyone has a great day! Usmc - hope the stitches come out well and you have a great WI.
Congratulations on looking FABULOUS! Enjoy it and get used to it!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #95  

Cupcakes are all baked and cooling! I made dark chocolate cupcakes that will have a marshmallow buttercream, spicey oatmeal cupcakes that will have a burnt sugar frosting, and red velvet with a whipped cream filling that will have cream cheese frosting!! I chose things that I could bake in my sleep if need be so I wouldn't have to taste anything!!

I chewed the heck out of cinnamon gum while I was baking just to make sure my mouth was busy...lol! Now I am off to have a humongous salad and my chocolate shake
Old 07-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN4Babies View Post
Good morning everyone! I am feeling a little frustrated. I just had my week 3 WI and I'm only down 9lbs in 3 weeks. Six of those pounds were from the first week. What has been going on the last two? My coach and I spent almost an hour discussing what I have been doing and looking at my journal and she can't identify a problem.

I have NOT cheated, not even thought about it. I have been drinking all of the water, taking the vitamins and making sure to get enough salt. I am having one restricted a day at the suggestion of my coach due to my lifestyle (mom to a busy toddler by day, ICU nurse by night). No major constipation issues

The one thing I think could be an issue is my use of Splenda. I have about two 4C drink packets a day and maybe another packet or two in coffee throughout the day (no milk). I have also been chewing Trident (1-2 pieces/day). Could this be keeping me from having better losses? I can't tell if I'm in Ketosis, other than I feel a heck of a lot better than the first few days, I have energy and I'm not too hungry.

Overall, I have been very happy with the program and I will stick with it, no matter what. I keep telling myself that it will happen, but a little positive reinforcement from the scale would be nice! Has anyone else experienced slow loses for one reason or another? Thank you for any input you may have.

Have a great day
How about cutting out the restricted for 1 week completely - substituting a non-restricted, and see how it goes? Then I would flush with EXTRA water. Just some thoughts.

How is your thyroid and other hormones?

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #97  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
Cupcakes are all baked and cooling! I made dark chocolate cupcakes that will have a marshmallow buttercream, spicey oatmeal cupcakes that will have a burnt sugar frosting, and red velvet with a whipped cream filling that will have cream cheese frosting!! I chose things that I could bake in my sleep if need be so I wouldn't have to taste anything!!

I chewed the heck out of cinnamon gum while I was baking just to make sure my mouth was busy...lol! Now I am off to have a humongous salad and my chocolate shake
Oh, stop, stop stop. Just those descriptions can be too much. I'm proud for you keeping your mouth busy and not giving into temptation. A good example for us all.

Keep sticking to the program.

Molly
Old 07-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #98  
Adult Member

S/C/G: 196/184/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
maybe take some sandwiches. I use the chicken soup to make "bread" and load it up with my fave veggies. You could even use some of your protein allowance from supper to add some meat to your sandwich. 2-3 ounces of chicken goes a long way shredded with some veggies and that still leaves you 5 - 6 ounces for supper. You may also carry some aluminum foil with you and see if they would let you throw something on their grill to heat it up..like some chicken and veggies already cooked just throw in foil and heat on the grill.
I like the bread idea ... then I will really feel like I had a treat! Do you make the bread in a muffin tin, or some other form? Or just on a flat foil?? Haven't tried any yet ... I have plenty of fresh herbs in the garden to play with though!

Thanks!!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieluver View Post
I like the bread idea ... then I will really feel like I had a treat! Do you make the bread in a muffin tin, or some other form? Or just on a flat foil?? Haven't tried any yet ... I have plenty of fresh herbs in the garden to play with though!

Thanks!!
Maybe bread was the wrong description. I mix up the chicken soup powder with 2 tbsp egg whites slightly beaten, 1/8 tsp baking powder and about 2 oz water. It makes a batter like pancake batter...I cook it in a frying pan with a light misting of olive oil. It makes what I call a flatbread. If you had more water and make the batter thinner you would get a crepe like product, which you may be able to bake and crisp up for something like a tostada. The thicker the batter the thicker your "bread".
Old 07-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:

OMG, you're killing me here!!! Those sound so good. I have to make my daughter's cake or cupcakes tomorrow or Saturday morning, still not sure what I'm going to make.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #101  
Adult Member

S/C/G: 196/184/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Maybe bread was the wrong description. I mix up the chicken soup powder with 2 tbsp egg whites slightly beaten, 1/8 tsp baking powder and about 2 oz water. It makes a batter like pancake batter...I cook it in a frying pan with a light misting of olive oil. It makes what I call a flatbread. If you had more water and make the batter thinner you would get a crepe like product, which you may be able to bake and crisp up for something like a tostada. The thicker the batter the thicker your "bread".
Got it!! I will definitely try :O))
Old 07-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #102  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

I just tried a shake with spinach liquified in it... I've got to say, as long as I don't think about what I"m drinking, it's fine!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Embarrassing question: Has anyone on IP needed (or heard rumors of needing)to take laxatives or stool softeners while on IP because of constipation? Not quite sure of the cause since I am eating more veggies than usual and drinking tons of water.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #104  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hi Molly,
I know, I miss Cadu too. And Wuv used to check in more often too. But we have Kaypix to keep us laughing and Rainbow and you to keep us cooking great meals!

I think I need to sleep more, I couldn't handle baking cookies more than twice a week. That takes energy!
OMG twice a week??? I'd be happy with twice a month!!! If anyone sees my libido please send it home!!!
Quote:

Great work!!! I bake for my kiddos too and gum and water help a ton!!! Great job!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
Embarrassing question: Has anyone on IP needed (or heard rumors of needing)to take laxatives or stool softeners while on IP because of constipation? Not quite sure of the cause since I am eating more veggies than usual and drinking tons of water.
It absolutely is an issue. I got paperwork from my coach when I first started that said use Citrate of Magnesium. I just used tea with senna in it, like smooth move. Plenty of people have had the problem and will help you out with their remedies. Good Luck
Closed Thread