Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #76  
Kabuki

S/C/G: 162/138/130

Height: 5'3"

Sanibelover

I didn't get the choice, my husband let it out at a neighborhood party that I was going on a medical protocol to everyone! I was mortified as first as in "What if I fail?" Actually, I think it may be a good thing. Everyone knows and it's kind of an easy out of why I can't have that glass of wine. Medical Protocol! One week in and I'm ok with it now. But I totally get you. I wasn't planning on telling anyone!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #77  
Started IP 7/5/12

S/C/G: 186.7/172.6/150

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meagan240 View Post
I had a terrible dream - I drank a whole 20 oz. Sunkist... I don't even like Sunkist! I woke up terrified that I had cheated. Whew. Nope, just my brain. Everyone have a great Monday!
I can totally relate - I had a dream I ate 3 saltine crackers. I woke up and couldn't believe I had dreamed about eating crackers. ;-)
Old 07-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #78  
Adult Member

S/C/G: 196/184/160

Height: 5'3

WI today ... -2 lbs and another 1.5" I know I should be happy, but I have stayed 100% OP and am only averaging 2 lbs per week :O( I don't know if it because I am in the "over 50" group, or if it has to do with the "unknown inflammation" that goes along with Chronic Lyme and a taxed immune system.

I see people here who have wonderful weight losses (CONGRATS!!), but as much as I spend on the IP foods, I really wish I could get more than 2 lbs a week :O(( I hope my finances hold out as slow as I'm going.

Tried rhubarb for lunch today ... mixed with WF strawberry; a little tart, but not bad at all. I may have to try with the oatmeal topping down the road - but for now, I don't want to "waste" my restricted on a topping :O))

Thanks for being here ... reading success stories helps keep me on track!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #79  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Twitch twitch twitch boom!

Ohmygosh my brain is having the worst Monday since starting this protocol! I'll start with my loss, which was a 1.4 LB loss for the week, which "would" be cool, except it would have been closer to 4-5 lbs if I hadn't done a motorcycle ride this weekend (by ride I mean 12 hours going from bar to bar, drinking tons of water where I could, and trying to eat the healthiest I could, couldn' take bars, they'd melt, couldn' take powders, no mixers, couldn' take rtd's, it was 100 degrees), and I was down to 163.2 on Friday before the weekend. Normally I lose MORE on the weekend, but not this time, *sigh* oh well, hope for better this week.
Next: I try to make my coffee, I literally get 2 tablespoons out of my Keurig before it starts flashing DESCALE, which it has done multiple times since my last descaling which took ALL day. I said f* it and hit "brew" again enough to get my blasted cup of coffee for the morning, and it is now sulking in the corner, with vinegar running through its innards.
I get to work, I have TONS of e-mail to read and it's mostly stupid problems and questions that are all answered in our "help' area, which I know no one reads because they like the "personal" feel, but it still irks the crap out of me. I crack my knee on my desk (sure, why not right)? DH's computer died somehow so he's still resuscitating it. The ONLY bright spot in my day so far has been planning our trip to Sturgis and calling gas stations to find out if they have Unleaded 91, that's NOT 10% ethanol added. Yeah, that's my idea of fun ...
I'm having a week of "i'm tired of this flipping diet", DH told me he's sick of the same food, which is too bad cuz I'm the one that has to cook ALL the food and come up with the meals, If i tell him I don' want to cook, we go out to eat...how financially responsible is that? I caved and made tacos last night cuz he said he was craving them. I ate two tortillas with my two loaded tacos, beef, shredded lettuce, hot sauce from taco bell (leftover in the fridge from darker days), taco cheese and that's about it, all rolled in a tortilla, oh and red and green peppers roasted for me in mine. The tortillas were 6g carbs each, so not "terrible" since I didn't eat any restricteds at all yesterday, they also had 5g of protein each, fiber and some other various vitamins, and at the time, I just did NOT care. I feel a little guilty today, but not guilty "enough"...how weird is that? I am loving how I look and it's getting progressively hard to want to look "even better" now that I can squeeze into 10's. How do I make myself WANT to fit into size 8s? Anyone? Please? Help!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #80  
Start IP (again) 7/31/13

S/C/G: 231.2/224.4/131

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post

Jennifer:
How do you know you're not in ketosis? Your body could be wrecking havoc with the chemicals needed to read the ketones (think if you eat high fat the nigh before checking it can be negative), breast milk is probably high in fat so could be screwing with it. Also, don't weigh daily if you dont like seeing fluctuations. We can fluctuate up to 5 lbs on a given 24 hour period, for no apparent reason. If you aren't hungry constantly, your pee smells funny, and/or you have funky breath or are craving water, you might be in ketosis Also as far as the milk drying up, i hear hot hot showers are good for getting it to all rush out to help speed things up.
I'm going to make myself stay off the scale tomorrow. WI is Wednesday.
I don't think I'm in ketosis because I don't have the bad breath or my pee doesn't smell. But I'm not having cravings, sometimes feel hungry. As for water, I don't crave it nor resist drinking it. I have been getting 4qts a day. Maybe I am and just didn't notice. I never felt sick or had headaches. Like my husband said, we know the plan works and the weight will come off!!!

-Jennifer
Old 07-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #81  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Good morning everyone! Happy Monday

Geaux-I'm a teacher also. We start Aug 14 and we are transitioning to total digital conversion. Oh fun! What grade do you teach. I teach 7th science. Last year was my first year in 7th after teaching 8th for 20 years. There sure was a big difference that I didn't expect. Packed lots of pounds from that! Good luck when you return.

I have WI 6 tomorrow. According to my scale things are looking good! Have a great OP day everyone!
Rhonda
The 14th is my son's tenth birthday. He went to school today to help his teacher from last year. He played with her 14 month old daughter while she set up some of her new class room to get ready for school. It was fun for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianonan View Post
Good Morning All! Had my first WI today! Down 8 lbs WOO HOO! Mostly water I think, but still makes it easier to stay motivated

I had a real shock when I bought my first week of IP food....$112! Ouch, I knew it was expensive, but I thought my coach said it would be more like $87 a week. Does anyone have any ideas on ways to keep things more affordable?

I'm enjoying reading all of your posts. Everyone seems so helpful and genuine. I love that! Week 2 here I come.......
Eight pounds if freaking awesome. I agree with the water, I lost 25 the first week, man it was a motivation to keep plugging away. the first week was my most expensive, the supplements and of course the sign up fee. BUT totally worth it. You can check out the alternative threads for ideas to save money. I'm only using alternative bars now, Quest and Pure Protien bars. They are about two bucks for the Quest and a little more than a buck for the PP each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Good Morning IP'ers it is a glorious grey day here in Seattle. Just the weather I asked for... well I asked for not sweltering hot. So a few great things.

1: Went out with my DH and my 12 year old sister in law to Seattle yesterday and wandered around Pike's Place Market and didn't even get tempted to have anything off plan. I bought a treat of some Broccolini which I have never had. Then went to Dragon Fest in our International District and watched the dragons dance and smelled all the wonderful woks cooking up, and I munched on my bar.

2. WI #7 down another 2 lbs total of 43

3. Hit my mini goal of 30 lbs by my 30th birthday.

4: Today is my 30h Birthday.

Have a great great OP day everyone. Having a family dinner of burgers and salad and snow cones. I made snow cone syrup out of stevia and unsweetened koolaid. Just enough for me to have one
Happy Happy Birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcrista View Post
Happy Birthday Tigerlver! That's a great birthday present-reaching your mini goal! YAY!

Happy Monday, everyone. Good luck to all this week.

Lately I have been feeling frustrated by my weight loss. As I had suspected, my clinic's scale was wayyyy off and so I actually have not lost as much as I thought. They replaced their scale with a new one last week. Of course they acted like everyone just had enormous weight gains and practically denied the whole thing. Anyone going to Columbia Physical Therapy in MD should know that you did not gain a ton of weight, it was actually their broken scale. I feel bad for all of the other clients they told had weight gain. Luckily, I had been tracking my weight loss at home with my own (very nice and brand new) scale so I had been wondering why there was such a difference. Too bad I assumed that a scale at a CLINIC would be more accurate. Anyway, with all the confusion, I feel like I am not doing as well on the diet as I had thought.. I seem to be hovering around 205 ibs. What makes this diet even more difficult for me is being a vegetarian.. I can't eat out, ever. I am getting bored with what I can eat. I had a goal in mind and an end date (a date I wanted to start phasing off) and now it looks like that is just not going to happen. And finally, my husband and I are going to a bed and breakfast in Lancaster, PA for a couple of days to celebrate our anniversary.. Staying 100% OP as a vegetarian on this trip, is going to be difficult. I am not going to quit right now.. but I almost feel like I could lose more weight and spend less money by buying a gym membership and just eating low carb, low fat.. Ugh IDK.. Well, for now, I am sticking to this and will give it some more time. Have a great week.
That is just dishonest, I would confront someone about that and leave if they did not come clean with everyone. That is seriously messed up. My old scale at home and the clinic's scale are with in a few pounds of each other. Theres is also a heck of a lot easier to read because it is digital, mine is not and it's almost 6 feet away from my peepers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Thank you Vet, yes, I did have my quiet time and it was FANTASTIC, you have a great smile as well how is your recovery coming along?
Wrist feels pretty good, typing with both hands but it hurts a little. Not enough to stop but it's there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
If you like chicken pot pie you will LOVE the chicken a la king! put the water in let it set for about a min or two then cook it then let it set again for another 2 mins and it will be thick...YUMM!!!
That is one of my favorites too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjnjj View Post
This is just a random thought going through my head as I sit here at my desk at work...."I love dill pickle zippers!".

They help take away my cravings for chips / crunch.

So, thank you dill pickle zipper inventors. Thank you.
Yup BBQ Ridges do it for me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanibelover View Post
This weekend people started telling me they can tell I have lost weight. While it is wonderful that my hard work is paying off, I feel a tremendous amount of pressure now. I didn't tell anyone (besides immediate family) that I was doing IP. I was happy just going along, losing weight and feeling good.

Everyone wanted to know what I was doing - just said I was not really eating too many carbs, no suger, low fat and trying to get enough protein and veggies. I still didn't tell anyone I am doing IP.

Now I feel like everyone will be watching me - what I am eating, etc. Cheating is not an option for me, but the old mindset creeps in....what if I fail again??? Now everyone knows that I am trying to lose weight, and if I fail, I wil really feel like a jerk. Does that make sense? It is very difficult for me to be vulnerable. It is even hard for me to post these kinds of thoughts on this board!

Anyway, thanks for all of the support that we get from these boards. There are times when I feel defeated, and I come on the boards and read and get so motivated again.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!! I am enjoying my iced coffee with chocolate pudding while I get my daily dose of motivation!!

Betsy
Betsy, it is all about you and what you want and need. You are right people will watch and wait for you to screw up or fail, just shut 'em down with your continued success. I know I am not letting myself get fat again, it just is not an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiLee View Post
Today was weigh in week 2: 4 pounds lost and 2.5 inches gone. Whoo hoo!
Whooooo Hooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Twitch twitch twitch boom!

Ohmygosh my brain is having the worst Monday since starting this protocol! I'll start with my loss, which was a 1.4 LB loss for the week, which "would" be cool, except it would have been closer to 4-5 lbs if I hadn't done a motorcycle ride this weekend (by ride I mean 12 hours going from bar to bar, drinking tons of water where I could, and trying to eat the healthiest I could, couldn' take bars, they'd melt, couldn' take powders, no mixers, couldn' take rtd's, it was 100 degrees), and I was down to 163.2 on Friday before the weekend. Normally I lose MORE on the weekend, but not this time, *sigh* oh well, hope for better this week.
Next: I try to make my coffee, I literally get 2 tablespoons out of my Keurig before it starts flashing DESCALE, which it has done multiple times since my last descaling which took ALL day. I said f* it and hit "brew" again enough to get my blasted cup of coffee for the morning, and it is now sulking in the corner, with vinegar running through its innards.
I get to work, I have TONS of e-mail to read and it's mostly stupid problems and questions that are all answered in our "help' area, which I know no one reads because they like the "personal" feel, but it still irks the crap out of me. I crack my knee on my desk (sure, why not right)? DH's computer died somehow so he's still resuscitating it. The ONLY bright spot in my day so far has been planning our trip to Sturgis and calling gas stations to find out if they have Unleaded 91, that's NOT 10% ethanol added. Yeah, that's my idea of fun ...
I'm having a week of "i'm tired of this flipping diet", DH told me he's sick of the same food, which is too bad cuz I'm the one that has to cook ALL the food and come up with the meals, If i tell him I don' want to cook, we go out to eat...how financially responsible is that? I caved and made tacos last night cuz he said he was craving them. I ate two tortillas with my two loaded tacos, beef, shredded lettuce, hot sauce from taco bell (leftover in the fridge from darker days), taco cheese and that's about it, all rolled in a tortilla, oh and red and green peppers roasted for me in mine. The tortillas were 6g carbs each, so not "terrible" since I didn't eat any restricteds at all yesterday, they also had 5g of protein each, fiber and some other various vitamins, and at the time, I just did NOT care. I feel a little guilty today, but not guilty "enough"...how weird is that? I am loving how I look and it's getting progressively hard to want to look "even better" now that I can squeeze into 10's. How do I make myself WANT to fit into size 8s? Anyone? Please? Help!!!
Just get back on your IP horse. Is a back pack an option while you're on the bike for the blender bottle or just a regular water bottle? Quest Bars, check 'em out, they don't melt like the IP and Pure Protien Bars. You've got this thing beat.

Well these two don't melt, not sure about the others but they're more like a granola bar, not dry but closer.

http://www.julianbakery.com/low-carb...utter-supreme/
http://www.julianbakery.com/low-carb...-butter-jelly/

Well can not find it here but someone is going away to a bed and breakfast. Just call ahead and let them know you a vegetarian and tell them how you need your veggies cooked.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Default Home WI this morning

Good morning everyone -

My WI isn't until tomorrow, but I weighed myself on my scale (Omron, like my coach has) and it said 198.8! AND, my scale usually wieghs a bit heavier than my coaches scale... We shall see tomorrow if I am truly in ONEderland
Old 07-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #83  
UnwritteN

S/C/G: 273/251.6/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Default Sparkling Flavored Water

Hi all! I hope everyone is having a fantastic day and staying cool....we're headed up to 100 degrees here in Minnesota.

It's my second week with IP and I'm still getting used to the heaps of veggies that I need to eat but, overall, I'm happy with the program and very happy with my results.

I've been reading quite a few posts the past couple of weeks so I know that all coaches seem to have different answers to different questions. However, I'd like your take on this. I've been craving something bubbly and soda-like, so my sister (who is also on the program) suggested that I try some flavored sparkling water. She cautioned me to only have it occasionally though because of the aspartame in it. When I talked to my coach, she told me that she had a woman on the program who lived off of them. I asked if she had still been successful and she said yes. She mentioned that there is controversy over whether or not it will actually affect a person's results. Is there anyone who has any experience, positive or negative, with drinking these sparking flavored waters? All the ones that I've looked at are 0,0,0. TIA!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #84  
Started IP 5/29/12

S/C/G: 220.4/191.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post
Good morning everyone -

My WI isn't until tomorrow, but I weighed myself on my scale (Omron, like my coach has) and it said 198.8! AND, my scale usually wieghs a bit heavier than my coaches scale... We shall see tomorrow if I am truly in ONEderland
WoooHooo!!!! Way to go. Be thinking of you tomorrow for weigh in. Keep us posted.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #85  
UnwritteN

S/C/G: 273/251.6/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDay615 View Post
Good morning! I would like to introduce myself. My name is Dana and today is my first day on IP. I am so nervous about the first 4 days. I have read they are killer. I want to say that reading all of your success stories has been motivation to try this diet. I look forward to writing my own success story soon!
Hi Dana! I haven't posted until today but wanted to say welcome. I'm on my second week of IP. I know everyone is different but I was very lucky to have only one day of headaches and nausea before I felt great again and that was on the second day. I hope it goes smoothly for you....the weightloss in the future will make it so worth it! Have a great first day and good luck on your first WI in a week!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #86  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwritteN223 View Post
Hi all! I hope everyone is having a fantastic day and staying cool....we're headed up to 100 degrees here in Minnesota.

It's my second week with IP and I'm still getting used to the heaps of veggies that I need to eat but, overall, I'm happy with the program and very happy with my results.

I've been reading quite a few posts the past couple of weeks so I know that all coaches seem to have different answers to different questions. However, I'd like your take on this. I've been craving something bubbly and soda-like, so my sister (who is also on the program) suggested that I try some flavored sparkling water. She cautioned me to only have it occasionally though because of the aspartame in it. When I talked to my coach, she told me that she had a woman on the program who lived off of them. I asked if she had still been successful and she said yes. She mentioned that there is controversy over whether or not it will actually affect a person's results. Is there anyone who has any experience, positive or negative, with drinking these sparking flavored waters? All the ones that I've looked at are 0,0,0. TIA!
I occasionally drink the ones made with splenda. I avoid the ones with aspertame because your body treats it like sugar.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #87  
Started IP 5/29/12

S/C/G: 220.4/191.2/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDay615 View Post
Good morning! I would like to introduce myself. My name is Dana and today is my first day on IP. I am so nervous about the first 4 days. I have read they are killer. I want to say that reading all of your success stories has been motivation to try this diet. I look forward to writing my own success story soon!
Welcome, Dana. You are definitly in the right place. The people on here are amazing, so supportive, informative etc. There is a lot of knowledge and encouragement here. I am still learning but there are many here that can answer your questions.

Hang in there over these first days. You will be fine! Just make sure you drink you water.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #88  

For all of the newbies who need a couple of ideas, here are a few of my favorite things....
1. Mashed cauliflower! Love with salt and table blend Mrs. Dash but I discovered the popcorn seasonings that are 0/0/0. Flavors such as White Cheddar, Jalapeņo cheddar and ranch. YUM!
2. Rhubarb with WF Strawberry Syrup! I boil the rhubarb until not quite mushy, I still like a bit of crispy and add the WF strawberry syrup. Great as a warm treat or ice cold.
3. Crispy cereal pancake with WF apple butter.

Good luck to all of you! I was new 11 weeks ago and this thread SAVED ME!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #89  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

week 11 and -3.4 more pounds for a total lost in 11 weeks of 56.8 lbs! i had said i would TRY this for 10 weeks and then make a decision on the expense vs the results and i have to say it has been the best hard earned dollars i have ever spent to invest in myself!!

THANK YOU IDEAL PROTEIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU......ALL OF YOU IPEEPS AND FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

dance like you are on IP
Old 07-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #90  
Start IP (again) 7/31/13

S/C/G: 231.2/224.4/131

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
week 11 and -3.4 more pounds for a total lost in 11 weeks of 56.8 lbs! i had said i would TRY this for 10 weeks and then make a decision on the expense vs the results and i have to say it has been the best hard earned dollars i have ever spent to invest in myself!!

THANK YOU IDEAL PROTEIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU......ALL OF YOU IPEEPS AND FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

dance like you are on IP
That is Awesome!!!!!
Closed Thread