Old 07-16-2012, 01:29 AM   #16  
Started IP 7/5/12

S/C/G: 186.7/172.6/150

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I slice my okra fairly thin and toss with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and a little bit of olive oil. I spread the okra in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Then I roast it for 15 minutes in a 425 degree oven. It turns out a little crunchy and not slimy.

That being said I love okra any way any how, even slimy!
That sounds good too- I'll have to try my okra chips sliced. Thanks for the tip. :=)
BRfirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Thanks for this...I tried making okra a while ago and made the mistake of chopping them up and preparing them wrong with the sliminess that turned me off them...need another way to try them for an okra reboot!
If you "steam" or stirfry it with a lot of juice/water it gets slimy. If you pan fry it or bake it the slim wont be an issue

On a side note, you're lookin awesome!!
NOVAScents is offline   Reply With Quote