Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Yikes! Weigh-in this morning shows I am .8 away from goal! Can't believe how fast this part of the journey has gone! Definitely nervous and excited about the real battle ahead!
Heading to LA with the hubs for a weekend of museums, botanical gardens, a play and some good food, and of course watching the Wimbledon finals, go Federer!
Time to go shopping for your dress!!!! Can't wait to see pictures of you smiling in your goal dress!!!! Way to go!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
WHOO-HOO!! Just back from WI#18 and down -2lb ... I was hoping for at least 1lb down since I've been itching to break into the -60+lb loss club! Also maintained my lean mass, so this was 100% fat I lost! I was curious how that would shake out after last weeks incredulous lean mass gain, so VERY happy that I maintained that! You can see in previous weeks where I lost the same amount of pounds, I didn't lose as much BF%.

Oh - and my coach measures at:
Waist
Hips
Bust
Arms
Thighs
Awesome WI LizRR!!!! Totally awesome !!!!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #77  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Does anyone have any clues as to why my tracker disppeared??
Old 07-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #78  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanibelover View Post
Just wondering where your coach measures you. I see all of these crazy losses (inches) and don't have anywhere near those numbers. I get measured in 5 places:

Waist
1 leg
1 arm
hips
chest

Thanks!
I get measured in fewer places. 1 arm, bust, waist, and hips.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 225/214/150

Height: 5'6"

Woo-hoo! Got my tracker! Oh the joys in the little things.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #80  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

It's so annoying to be between jean sizes. Right now size 4 is baggy but size 2 is uncomfortable, not extremely tight but I don't like wearing tight jeans so I'm just wearing size 4 until I can fit comfortably in size 2.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #81  
Began IP 06/28/12

S/C/G: 332.5/308.5/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Oh, and I picked up a few Plain Crepe packets - anyone have a good recipe they favor with those? I am not sure why I swapped for them - since I usually make Unrestricted pancakes using the Crispy Cereal, but figured I'd try them out.
RainbowSmiles just posted a Recipe making an English muffin using the plain crepe packets in her mix'n in the kitchen thread. Looks delicious!
Old 07-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #82  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
It's so annoying to be between jean sizes. Right now size 4 is baggy but size 2 is uncomfortable, not extremely tight but I don't like wearing tight jeans so I'm just wearing size 4 until I can fit comfortably in size 2.
I'm right behind you - my size 4s are a tad too tight for my comfort....I'm bridging it with some skinny 8s, but those are showing saggy butt (not very flattering with 'skinny jean' fit...but oh well). I don't want to buy yet another pair of jeans so I'm riding it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacia1223 View Post
RainbowSmiles just posted a Recipe making an English muffin using the plain crepe packets in her mix'n in the kitchen thread. Looks delicious!
THANKS!

Last edited by LizRR; 07-06-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Just an FYI - My clinic is out of the strawberry wafers, and I was told that they cannot get them from IP right now. So, if your clinic still has them, you might want to stock up if you like them as much as I do!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #84  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanibelover View Post
Just wondering where your coach measures you. I see all of these crazy losses (inches) and don't have anywhere near those numbers. I get measured in 5 places:

Waist
1 leg
1 arm
hips
chest

Thanks!
My coach didn't measure me at all. It was my mom's idea. We measure:
Both arms
Bust
Chest
Upper Waist
Lower Waist
Hips
Upper Thigh
Lower Thigh
Calf

That is how my losses are so high because it's all over the body not just where clothes fit or not.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #85  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Dana, every time I see your avatar and siggy pics I just keep repeating what an amazing job you've done. You look absolutely incredible and just so quietly confident, if that makes any sense. It's a great air about you. Hope your son has a great time at camp!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Thank you so much. You're not doing too shabby a job yourself I might add. I think we both look like much different people and our before and currents do speak volumes. I'm very proud of both of us.

Quote:
Howdy folks - wish me luck! Have WI#18 today at 1pm! I'm treating myself to a massage at 4pm....I told preschool I had a work meeting until 5pm, so they are keeping the little guy longer today (I usually pick him up at 3pm - but they are pretty flexible), so I know he'll be in good hands!

Hey Dana, I had the same thing last week - and hoping for it again this week. Same for me, as far as I gained lean mass last week (for the first time) and my only difference was (finally) increasing my weights. I had been pretty hesitant to do it, since I didn't want to increase intensity too much - it's still not as much as I did before - but I definitely feel the soreness. I think it's just so individual to find that balance - plus I think there was just a 'tipping point' for me as far as lean mass loss - I had been doing intense lifting up until day 1 of IP, so stopping cold turkey for 8 weeks probably contributed to that body comp change.

Last week I had a 2lb gain most of the week which eventually whooshed away to a -2lb overall loss and 4lb lean mass increase. This week I've also had a 2lb gain, which looks like I whooshed away this morning - we'll see what body comp tells me at my official WI today at 1pm!
Good too know that increasing the weights might be doing the trick. Last night I really pushed it again, and I sure felt it walking out of the gym. Thank goodness I had a pudding shake waiting for me when I got home, because boy did I need that protein. Enjoy your massage, you've earned it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Happy Friday Friends!
Well I went to the clinic yesterday and found out what was wrong with me..my blood pressure was super low! I need to get into the Dr and have some of the BP meds lowered or removed. As a matter of fact I didn't take my beta blocker last night or the diruetic this am. I take one more pill which I went ahead and took today; but I feel so much better! Thanks all for your well wishes and concern; I am doing GREAT today!! It feels so wonderful to feel good!!
Very happy to hear you found out what the issue is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN4Babies View Post
Lastly, prior to IP, I ran 2-3 miles a few times a week and did Body Pump (low weight/high rep lifting). I LOVE to workout. Food has always been my issue. My coach made it very clear that I need to take a break. No problem. I will do that. I am a rule follower, so I won't cheat, but I was just curious when in your journey you were able to start working out again. I just want to think about the light at the end of the tunnel as I'm longingly watching people jog through the neighborhood

Thank you all for your inspiration and support! Your recipes, advice and success stories are very motivating! Have a great weekend
Welcome to IP and the board. My coach suggested I not work out for the first three weeks, which was no problem because I didn't enjoy working out at that point in my life anyway. After that she said I could walk, swim or whatever as long as I took my time and did it nice and slow. I started walking after the first month, and as the weight starting coming off I started to feel this strong need to move my body. I quickly got back into strength training and I remembered enjoying it years ago. Now I hit the gym every day with most of my effort going to weight lifting and the balance to cardio. I would suggest just taking it easy for the first month till your body starts to get use the lower calorie count. Also increase your protein on your work out days as you will really need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
Oooohhhh....I've been messin' up a bit without realizing it. My coach told me today that no restricted items after 3 pm. I am majorly bummed out! I only have my restricted ones on the weekends...in the evenings. Gosh, here I thought i've been doing soooo well. I feel like a spoiled 2 yr. old being told she can't have something anymore. I love my weekend parties w/my IP treats....partying in the afternoon is not going to do it for me!!!! This is gonna be a tough one for me.....

Happy OP Friday IPeeps
I have my restricted at breakfast just because that's the time of day I enjoy it. The only direction my coach gave me was no restricted at bedtime. However, you are doing great so far, so I would just stick with what works for you.

Quote:
WHOO-HOO!! Just back from WI#18 and down -2lb ... I was hoping for at least 1lb down since I've been itching to break into the -60+lb loss club! Also maintained my lean mass, so this was 100% fat I lost! I was curious how that would shake out after last weeks incredulous lean mass gain, so VERY happy that I maintained that! You can see in previous weeks where I lost the same amount of pounds, I didn't lose as much BF%.

Oh - and my coach measures at:
Waist
Hips
Bust
Arms
Thighs
Getting SO close.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #86  

Today is my son's birthday and he wants to go play golf and wants me to go with him. I have never played golf, I know there is lots of walking involved but is this something I should have an extra packet for?
Old 07-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
Today is my son's birthday and he wants to go play golf and wants me to go with him. I have never played golf, I know there is lots of walking involved but is this something I should have an extra packet for?
Depends the course, whether you're playing 9 holes or 18 and whether you're walking or using a golf cart.

I played 9 holes on July 4 and was fine. I drank a ton of water as it was quite warm. And after I had a salad with salmon.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
If you are walking and carrying your clubs, then maybe. If you are using a cart, probably not.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #89  
Started IPD 6-19-12

S/C/G: 316/298/175

Height: 5'8"

Re: Today is my son's birthday and he wants to go play golf and wants me to go with him. I have never played golf, I know there is lots of walking involved but is this something I should have an extra packet for?

I'd ask him if 9 holes will satisify his golf desires. The first time I played my brother was determined to play 18 and it made for such a long game, I really thought I hated golf.

Later a friend really taught me the game and now I love it. It turns out men and women take a very different approach to golf. 9 holes will give you a nice taste of the sport without killing you - depending on the length of your course.

Have fun golffing!
Old 07-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
I was told the restricted packs are higher in carbs so I should try to eat them before 3pm. Approx. 1-1.5 hrs. before bed I should have a lower carb IP packet. I will definately keep this info in mind, but, i've decided i'm very satisfied with my weight loss. If it keeps me OP to have a strawberry wafer bar, or some dill pickle zingers later at night on the weekends - then i'm keepin' on doin' it!!!!
I am still very new at this (3weeks) but I recall reading in the book by Dr Tran (i think that is rght) the original developement of this approach, he makes a great comment about Marathon runners eating their carbs the night before, he gives all the scientific info on it. It is the last couple of paragraphs in Chapter 12. I believe it!
Closed Thread