Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

Boy did I miss a lot yesterday afternoon by having to go to San Antonio.

Some GREAT losses

USMCVET : Congrats on the WI. Great to see you made your 75 so you can wear that new watch. And the Picturess look great.

I am so glad I found this forum. You ladies are an awesome support group.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

ROFL!!!!
So, I just took out my ever-present tupperware of celery and green peppers for my mid-morning snack, and found that I accidentally grabbed the left-over ground beef from our Big Mac bowls last night!
Oh no!

I'm laughing now, will be be hungry before lunch today!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #33  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
Up and off to work today, I can't wait for tomorrow to be done because it is along weekend for me! Four days off from all the stress at work, four days off to spend some quality time with my babies and my DF.
I am thinking about lowering my goal weight from 150 to possibly 145-140. I do not have a petite build and my body is hour glass shape, I carry a lot on my chest, unfortunately and it causes back issues. My upper body is short and my lower body is long. I don't know if that description helps, but I can't seem to figure out how to upload pictures! What do you think should I lower it??

Hope you all have a beautiful Friday
I think you should go with a heart healthy body fat percentage between 20% and 25%. I am aiming for 23%. I don't know what my weight will be.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #34  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
Up and off to work today, I can't wait for tomorrow to be done because it is along weekend for me! Four days off from all the stress at work, four days off to spend some quality time with my babies and my DF.
I am thinking about lowering my goal weight from 150 to possibly 145-140. I do not have a petite build and my body is hour glass shape, I carry a lot on my chest, unfortunately and it causes back issues. My upper body is short and my lower body is long. I don't know if that description helps, but I can't seem to figure out how to upload pictures! What do you think should I lower it??

Hope you all have a beautiful Friday
Without knowing you personally it's really hard to say. You are kind of tall for that weight, but really only you know your body and what feels right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning Everybody

Dana - Isnt it funny how we become creatures of habit. I find if my morning routine is altered, I am just kinda "off" the whole day. But at least these are good habits/ routines. Great job staying OP while Mom was here.

Stefany - I am also thinking of lowering my goal, I figure I will wait till I get to goal ( I have 18 pounds to go) and see how I feel in my new skin and decide then. I think it is all about where we feel comfortable and not what the scale says.

I hope everybody has a wonderful day.
Thanks Carol! It's never easy staying OP with my mom. On the other hand I do feel good knowing I'm making healthy food choices as she eats dessert. When I make dinner she is always looking for the carbs on the plate, and I tell her, "Sorry, we don't eat that way anymore." She told me yesterday that when she gets home she is going back on a diet. Sadly her form of a diet is Lean Cuisine. Yuck! I told her it's full of sodium and that she could make much better choices, but she is from the old school in regards to weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Ain't it the truth, and you have changed many lives here, my dear! Thank you!!!!

Good morning everybody! Rise and shine!

The heat did me in yesterday and I thought, well I'll just get up real early and paint in the morning, but I ran out of paint and remembered that I have to bring my truck in to get the tailgate handle fixed that I broke earlier in the week, so this will be a short visit... then another load to Goodwill, more paint, more groceries... thank goodness for air conditioning...

Thank you again to all the kind comments. I feel like I came out of hiding, posting a photo. Haven't wanted to show photos in years.... but it's a brand new day!!!

May each of you have a moment in this day that reminds you of how loved you are, how strong you are and how beautiful you are...

Margaret
You are beautiful in your new profile picture. Thank you for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauthier View Post
Good morning everyone!
What a great support system this board is....wish I could respond to everyone but I HAVE to get some cleaning done. My soon to be 89 year old Dad and my two sisters are coming today. My youngest sister hasn't been to my house in probably 15 years....I have a LOT to do. Plus we are having a little get together for my son's graduation. He squeaked by and had to go an extra year but he stuck it out and I'm proud of him. My daughter dropped out February of her senior year and I thought he would probably do the same but he made it. She did get her GED and is now in college and doing great so life goes on. My kids lost their dad when they were 13 and 11 in a horrible accident which was a life changing event along with my son having many health issues(diabetes, epilepsy, Hashimoto's) so we kind of take a different path than many in my family. KInd of funny talking to my brother who is one year older than me but we are about as opposite as they come....I'm saying how proud I am of my son making it through and he's talking about his daughter working on her PHd in pharmacy and how competitive it is and the things she has to know.....him and his wife are about as type a as they come and I'm about as far away from that as they come....well, maybe not, I do have some perfectionist tendencies but I've never pushed my kids. With all they've been through I've tried to love them as they are.....maybe I should have pushed them and I will regret it and they will hate me someday for not making them do sports and pushing them to get good grades. I don't know.
Enough about that.
I've got my IP bag all packed and ready to go. We are going to my cousin's 50th wedding celebration for the weekend.
You sound like a very caring and smart parent. A job well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Just tried my hand at Paint. I was able to crop two photos but could not figure out how to insert one into the same field as another so I cheated and used the Windows 7 Snipping tool!

So impressive the change in you.

Hope everyone is having a good morning. I'm off to take one of the dogs to the vet. She needs a couple of shots and now something is wrong with one of her eyes. I so don't need a vet bill right now. Oh well, our pets always give more than they take, and she is more than worth it. Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #35  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Good morning everyone. I couldn't resist posting today as I do every morning while drinking my coffee I am addicted to this site. I am leaving for Valdez, AK soon to go halibut fishing with my family and a few close friends. I won't be back to post until Tues. morning. I hope everyone has a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #36  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
I use Gimp. it is a free editing tool you can download. you can crop, cut, paste, resize, layer photos side by side, add text to the photos and export to a jpg all in the one program. it is very easy to use. just google Gimp, download and install.
Gimp, got it jotted down Will definitely check into it since my Mac doesn't have paint and I feel weird always finishing the editing on my photos at work lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Good morning everyone. I couldn't resist posting today as I do every morning while drinking my coffee I am addicted to this site. I am leaving for Valdez, AK soon to go halibut fishing with my family and a few close friends. I won't be back to post until Tues. morning. I hope everyone has a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend.
I check in while DH is just waking up typically, starts my day off right
Old 05-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #37  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

I posted this as a separate thread but wanted to make sure you see this.

Heart attack risk from calcium supplements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was on our national news last night. Calcium supplements raise the risk for heart attack in women.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Health/201...-heart-100730/

It is best to have calcium through foods (hard when we don't have dairy on IP). But you can also reduce the risk by spreading out the calcium dosage through the day (less than 1000 mgs at a time). My doctor reduced my calcium from 4 to 2/day. I am now going to spread out the dosage to one at dinner and one at bedtime. Please ask your coach or doctor about this. Being overweight already increases our risk for heart attack. Let's reduce the risk.
Will
Old 05-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #38  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Default New to IP

I just wanted to say Hello and good morning to everyone!!! I am new to this and am on day 4 of the diet. I have lost 70lbs eating clean, yet gained about 15lbs back. I need to lose now 73lbs to reach my goal weight of 160. I'm also a IP Coach as well (yes, started the diet and signed up as a coach) so this will be interesting . Hoping to make some good friends here. Anyone from MA or Boston?
Old 05-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #39  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsmashfat View Post
I posted this as a separate thread but wanted to make sure you see this.

Heart attack risk from calcium supplements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was on our national news last night. Calcium supplements raise the risk for heart attack in women.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Health/201...-heart-100730/

It is best to have calcium through foods (hard when we don't have dairy on IP). But you can also reduce the risk by spreading out the calcium dosage through the day (less than 1000 mgs at a time). My doctor reduced my calcium from 4 to 2/day. I am now going to spread out the dosage to one at dinner and one at bedtime. Please ask your coach or doctor about this. Being overweight already increases our risk for heart attack. Let's reduce the risk.
Will

I couldn't pull up this article. Do you have another link?
Old 05-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #40  
Started IP 5/4/2012

S/C/G: 170.8 / 155.6 / 135

Height: 5'2"

WI #3 today. A little nervous since I was off plan 2 evenings for a girls weekend getaway last weekend. I have been trying to get back into Ketosis, maybe I'm there now since I forgot to test this morning Love hearing how well everyone is doing, it is so encouraging! We have family in town this weekend and I think it will be a struggle to stay OP with the family and the holiday weekend. Send me strength!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

NSV- After the scale didn't move this week, I went to buy a pair of denim capris that weren't baggy like the 22s I was wearing. In January I was wearing a size 24. I took an 18 and a 16 into the dressing room and the 16s fit!!!!!! Yay! Wore them to dinner last night and my husband thought they looked dang good :-)
Old 05-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Good morning everyone!
USMCVET - You are inspirational! Don't you just feel better? I know I do!
Dana - I can totally relate to the Mom thing. My Mom thinks butter belongs on everything and eats 3 or 4 candybars a day. She has a very good metabolism because she never gets fat and has more energy than most young people. Her motto is "oh come on, one bite won't kill you". I just smile and think to myself, well, it almost did!

It is rainy here in Idaho, cold too! Snow on the mountain tops. I guess not much gardening going on here this weekend!

I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Happy Friday!!! Hope everyone has a great OP day. This weekend will be tough with cookouts for the long weekend but I know I can do it.

Hubby told me yesterday that he is so proud of me and that I should go shopping to reward myself. I would love to but I think I will wait a few more weeks as I will probably need a smaller size.

I just love IP so much. And I LOVE reading everyone's posts (successful and challenges) as they get me through each day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day and enjoy your weekend.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #44  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Hello everyone,

I am still doing well OP, the blogging is helping me for sure, but oh boy how hungry I felt yesteday! God! It is like I can't describe the feeling, I was feeling beyond starving, I felt like I want to eat anything! But... I didn't, I drank green tea and then had my 100% OP lunch.

Today, my DH talked to me in a negative way saying that he knows me by now, comes the weekend, I always stop my diet I felt like crying, because yes, it is true, it has been true for a long time now, but for God's sake, why don't you acknowledge the effort I am putting in and support me instead of putting me down? Well... He'll see! I will stick to it like crazy and will tell him: ''in your face''!

God! I adore my husband, but seriously, whomever said men are from mars women are from venus (I know it's John Gray) is so right!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 187/175/150

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone!!! Today is my 2nd day on IP and I LOVE reading about everyones weight loss, you all have done so amazing I only hope I can do the same!!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
Jennifer
Closed Thread