Old 06-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #16  
1st-10/1/11, 2nd-5/23/12

S/C/G: 164.5/151.2/125

Height: 5'5"

I love it! I make a veggie stir-fry with soy sauce and eat these on the side. They soak up the juices from the stir-fry. YUM! I make them per the instructions exactly. I like mine a little crispy so I do cook them the full 3 min. on each side, using a preheated pan. To me, its similar in texture to canned chicken breast.
dsdne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #17  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieNorth View Post
Came on here looking for suggestions but...I tried one for the first time today, not bad on it's own, Handle gently in the pan. I made 2 and folded 1 of them into an egg-white omlet with some bell peppers, sea-salt and pepper. Not bad at all! Quite tasty actually.
I will have to try that. Thanks for the idea. I'm glad it's non restrictive and lower in sodium than the soups.
Hockeymom40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #18  
Started IP 1/18/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsdne View Post
I love it! I make a veggie stir-fry with soy sauce and eat these on the side. They soak up the juices from the stir-fry. YUM! I make them per the instructions exactly. I like mine a little crispy so I do cook them the full 3 min. on each side, using a preheated pan. To me, its similar in texture to canned chicken breast.
I was thinking canned chicken too or cat food !!! But I still like it
Old 06-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #19  
Restarted 9/4/2013

S/C/G: 194.5/194.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the info. I have my first WI on monday and will look for them. We have a kitchen here at work and would be easy to make for lunch.
Viciousdoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #20  
Started IP Jan. 17, 2012

S/C/G: 191/149/150

Height: 5'5"

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! Made these the other night and didn't do anything to them as I always want to try before I dr. My DH had not yet had the soy patty, so I made him two sandwiches (he' s not longer on the diet, but likes to maintain with some).

I love the soy patty dr'd to my liking (Steak seasoning with salt and pepper then mix and cook as directed. So I did the Chicken patty ad directed the first time. Liked it. Made a lettuce sandwich with WF honey mustard mayo, pickles, tomato. Amazing!

I will Dr a little when I make again. Maybe with some celery salt, garlic, and onion powder. This would also be good as others said in stir frys in smaller pieces and mix some ginger, soy sauce, and onion powder.

I really dont know what I am going to do when I return to "regular" cooking...
audgirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 205/167/160

Height: 5'6"

Default chicken patty

I'm new to the group but have been reading posts for a while.

I just made the chicken patty for lunch. I enjoyed it more than the soy patty. I added fennel salt and 1/2 oz of feta cheese (a little diversion from my plan but added a lot of flavor). The trick I have discovered when cooking this or the soy patty is to spray Pam on my spatula and respray the pan when you flip the patty. I served it with a side of kale chips. Not a bad lunch.
mrathkopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #22  

Is the soy patty restricted?
Andie0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #23  
Started IP 1/18/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0606 View Post
Is the soy patty restricted?
No, it's only 7 carbs.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 240/175/170

Height: 5 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by audgirl78 View Post
LOVE IT! LOVE IT! Made these the other night and didn't do anything to them as I always want to try before I dr. My DH had not yet had the soy patty, so I made him two sandwiches (he' s not longer on the diet, but likes to maintain with some).

I love the soy patty dr'd to my liking (Steak seasoning with salt and pepper then mix and cook as directed. So I did the Chicken patty ad directed the first time. Liked it. Made a lettuce sandwich with WF honey mustard mayo, pickles, tomato. Amazing!

I will Dr a little when I make again. Maybe with some celery salt, garlic, and onion powder. This would also be good as others said in stir frys in smaller pieces and mix some ginger, soy sauce, and onion powder.

I really dont know what I am going to do when I return to "regular" cooking...
Yep. That's how I made mine too. Lettuce, mustard, pickle. I liked it.
Zartas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 156/138.8/135

Height: 5'4"

I love it! I put franks red hot on mine and wf Caesar dressing to make a buffalo chicken Caesar salad! Yum! Diet food? What diet?
Cootermom125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 247/167/130

Height: 5' 2"

I tried it and it is definitely better than the soy patty. I don't form a patty but treat it like ground hamburger making it brown and crunchy. I really like it like that.
Dlomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #27  

OK I know I am waking up an old post but I tried something with the Chicken patty mix that turned out pretty awesome and wanted to share especially in light of our American friends who are about to celebrate Thanksgiving.

As you know the normal preparation for this item is 2 oz (50 ml) of water for mixing the contents, however what I did is :

After cooking a turkey / Chicken drain off the drippings into a container and let sit for 10-15 minutes so that the fats, solids and liquids seperate.

While allowing the liquid to seperate, cut up and prepare the following:

1/4 Cup Celerey (steam 10 min)
1 Tbsp Green Onion
1/4 Cup Mushroom (steamed -optional)

Once this is done grab a turkey baster or syringe and draw out of the [B]middle[B] of the container 2oz of liquid. by drawing out of the middle you are avoiding the fat on top and solids on the bottom.

Mix the drippings with the patty mix, add the vegetables, mix together and then dump into a lightly oiled non-stick pan. The trick here is to fry it and break it up so that it has the consistency of scrambled eggs.

Once the chicken patty mix begins to brown lightly, move to a plate and voila you have something that tastes (in my opinion) like stuffing!!!!

Hope this helps I know I enjoyed it. If you are like me and tend to sprinkle a little salt on everything to make up the 1/2 tsp Sea Salt per day required by the diet, I can attest that I found it salty after adding salt, I would try it our first and add as required.

Enjoy!!!
Qinadyen is offline   Reply With Quote