Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Morning everyone! I cannot believe I got to put up the daily thread...

~Kara
SW: 194.8
W1: 189.8
W2: 185.0
Kaypix,
Great job starting the thread! Love the cartoon! It makes me smile!

Where do you find these great cartoons?

Maybe we should have a thread for just weight loss cartoons? Something that's pure fun, good to read through when those tough times come and we've read through the daily chat and the recipes already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywendy View Post
Good morning all..
i saw on here someone mention Molly Mcbutter...is this allowed on IP phase 1? It sure would help in the veggie flavor area.
Land O Lakes has a half a dozen similar powdered savory flavorings and these are relatively new. Flavors such as Ranch, Sour Cream & Onion, Cheddar, 4 Cheese, Butter, etc. They are not available in my local stores, I buy them online at Land O Lakes. Watch the portion size. It's teeny - however, I still use them, watching the size, because while I like broccoli, its really easy to eat 2 cups w/a light sprinkling of these. I bought every flavor since I was paying for s&h anyways and Land O Lakes has quality products - wasn't concerned about not liking them. I will keep using these after IP. I think they are a good find. watch the sodium too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning, all.

Back home and back to work. Boo. I did have my WI and for two weeks lost 4.8 lbs. That has raised my spirits. Did not weigh last week being in Michigan at the cottage.
Welcome back Molly! Glad you are home safe and sound! That's a lot of windshiled time. Congrats on the weight loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
Where is the best place to get Walden Farms, Da Vinci, and Torani items? The supermarkets here in Buffalo have limited selections, but they seem fairly expensive and rarely go on sale.
I buy these things from www.netrition.com. They carry all the brands you mention plus about 200-300 more and offer a flat shipping of $4.95 in the 48 states. I bought a lot of WF and Torani from them a couple of weeks ago. The expiration dates are pretty far out and now that I've gotten used to the taste of WF, I'm thinking I'll continue to use their products after IP to help maintain. Their prices are good too. Service has been fast. They offer weekly specials too, so you might want to get on their email list.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:24 AM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlinNYC View Post
Hi Everyone! I'm relatively new to IP. I started 11 days agol...
Looking forward to chatting with you all!
Welcome!! Nice weight loss! I used to measure but now eye ball as its been a few months of IP and have the hang of it.

Quote:
I'm counting down the days to be able to have my tracker, May 23rd can't come fast enough! So many days to look forward to, weigh ins, trackers, milestones, oh my!
K, I also couldn't wait to get to my ticker! Oh, the decision, which avatar to use? LOL! It was fun. I think about changing mine for the fun of it but haven't gotten around to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up North Girl View Post
I was amazed that I could sit next to everyone eating all sorts of junk food, and really say, I can make it without eating. It did take some mental exercise to not fall back into old patterns, but I can truly say I did not need any food. This is a new experience for me-- I LOVE this diet!!!
Congratulations!! When you can do that, you have this program licked! It's just a matter of time now till you reach your ideal weight.

Isn't it empowering when you realize you really CAN be around folks eating fattening (often very tasty) food and drink and you can abstain and still have a good time?

In the beginning it was very tough for me and I purposely cut some events short so I wouldn't torture myself. Now I'm fine. Can happily make it through cocktail hours, big dinners, coffee/desserts/after dinner drinks as long as I have my "survival pack" (Mio, tea bags, etc.) so I can also enjoy something.

Quote:
OK , so I need to find out whether or not this is something that can be had or not, as my mother in law, who was on IP until last week with coach and all advised it was alright due to the protein content.

It's called Smart Carb Bread, and has net carbs of 0-2g on average. The pic I posted is the 0 carb bread, I have one slice of the cinnamon and one of the "plain".
Nutrition info on the bread is:
Cal: 59
Fat 2.5g
Sat Fat: 0g
Chol 0mg
Sodium 110mg
Carb: 9g
Fiber: 9g
Net Carb:0
Sugars:0
Protein:9g

thoughts?? I tried finding this in the forums but no dice yet. Or would this be a phase 4 thing that would be a healthy bread option? So confused!! Oh, the "plain" has 12g of protein and the cinnamon has 14g.
K,
Did you find this to be a tasty product?

Quote:
That statement made me think of my day. Not sure what body pump is, but I felt like that. Kroger had Pepsi 2 liter products, buy 4, get 2 free, that averaged $1 a bottle. My DH is addicted to Mt. Dew. So he said, buy me 28 and you'll get 14 free.
Congrats on the 50 pounds!! That's fabulous! I bet you feel great. And that workout! Well done. DH is quite happy I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm happy to report WI 6 went well even with TOM...I said goodbye to another 2.8! This diet is the best!
Great weight loss! Keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
Im so excited,,,i havent been in the 180's in 16 years..im 189..very happy..kinda of sad today tho..today is my daughters 20th birthday and she is at college and tomorrow is mothers day and i dont get to see her this year..first time ever.. she is coming home to visit in 2 weeks so i keep telling myself to hold on but still miss her so much..
Congrats on the 180's!! Exciting! Re your DD, why don't you set up Skype so you can use your computers to see and talk? Bet your DD could set it up for you when she gets home and you'll be all set going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
I'm a newbie, and had my second weigh it. I was worried I had not lost anything.
I was thinking that I could not succeed. But I lost 4 pounds, and I'm thinking that life is not just about what I eat. Some packets and veggies are boring, but life is more than that, and I won't always be eating this restricted diet.
I had the big mac in a bowl tonight for dinner, and it was very good. A home run.
I started at 202, now 193.
4 pounds gone! Nice! And Big Mac in a Bowl - one of my favorites! Amazing to think we can eat that and STILL lose weight! I will continue to eat that after I get to maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
So just posted this in another thread but wanted to share it here too.
My 9 year old is my best cheerleader. He and my friends on 3fc and FB along with my coaches have been great. The way I am feeling is the best motivator. Something simple like taking the kids to the mall today would have been very painful a few months ago.
Another NSV, I have been a week w/o my Omeprazole for a week.
UMCVet,
Two great NSVs!! Plus how terrific to have your son as your best cheerleader! He's right there with you at home, constant encouragement. Doesn't get better than that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn04 View Post
I have been steadily losing 2 lbs a week for the past couple of weeks. I think I am gonna hit the gym n add the extra Ip product in to see if it changes up my weightloss
Just a thought, try drinking a little more water and be sure you are getting all of your oil, salt and supplements in every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeLady57 View Post
NSV ! My old size 20 jeans have been falling off me so I went today to find a new pair. I've been wearing a few of my old size 16 shirts so I grabbed a few different color jeans in16 from the rack -- the best fitting pair turned out to be a pair of size 14 I'd grabbed by mistake! Size 14! This is progress!
Wow!! That is amazing and so exciting! Enjoy the moment and know there are more right around the corner! Size 12 is just a few weeks away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Big Day at the shop today (Mother's Day) - had to go 7 hours between breakfast and dinner, and for supper husband took me out for prime rib. I had 8 oz. meal - no potato, lettuce salad, but they had nothing for vegetables.

Kinda bummed - anyone think it hurt me? I had been doing so good.
I think you will be A-OK. I keep a lot of bagged spinach at home and use it in my bedtime choc shake, ensures I get my veggies in plus makes the shake creamier.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I had a great day. We took our boat out onto the Chena River for the first time. It is so nice to see the Birch trees and other plants starting to bloom around here. It was such a long winter. The house we bought last year had an awesome greenhouse and a wonderful garden area. I am a very lucky lady.
I'm always intrigued by places that have what I consider extreme weather. I live on the mid-Atlantic coast and we have mild weather. Today will be in the 70's. My friend's son left NJ and moved to Alaska to go to college, studying fire fighting, loved Alaska so much, he now lives there permanently. When asked what he loved so much, he said, "the people and the slower pace of life". I just keeping thinking about the long, dark, cold winters and how I would be housebound and fearful of getting stranded in snow and ice (and freezing to death).

Quote:
I lived in Kotzebue for 2 years and Fairbanks for 5. Spring was the best time! There are parts of Alaska I miss so much, other parts - not so much. Spring is always sweet after the long winters. June and September were my favorite months.
Myhusband really wants us to take an Alaskan cruise, everyone says its so pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
When I look in the mirror I still see the "old" me. but when I see pictures I can see the difference. Most days I still feel like the old me but some days I wake up and feel skinnier. But before IP it was the opposite, when I looked in the mirror I didnt think I was as big as I looked in pictures. The way I see myself is very warped. Its a strange thing.
I definitely still have a warped way of seeing myself. I still think I'm heavier than I am...we'll adjust and what we're going through is perfectly normal.

Quote:
Good morning everybody

Happy Mothers Day to all you Moms... Today i am going to my brother in laws for mothers day brunch which they have every year. He and his wife are terrific cooks and I know that there is nothing there I can eat. It is gonna be a long tough day. I will bring my own food and get through it but honestly I wish I didnt have to go. The only cool thing is that I have not seen any of these people since Christmas when I weighed 42 pounds heavier (especially my DH's sister who is heavier then me now and we do not get along).

Have a wonderful day
Ha!! LOL! Understand the SIL thing! Put on your prettiest clothes, makeup, the whole 9 yards and be sweet as can be. Let us know how it goes.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #79  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

I feel like I am such a slacker because I haven't responded to the daily in a few days! I have been reading, but that is all I seem to have time for! I am so happy to hear about all the good...no great, WIs! Keep it up!

I did my first meal out yesterday (well besides subway) and it went well. We went to o'charleys and I wanted a piece of the roll and my dressing for my salad, but I didn't give in and stayed 100% OP! Yeah!

Today is the worse day of the year for me. I usually lock myself in the computer room or my bedroom and have contact with no one. I lost my mom when I was 12 and I can't have kids so mothers day stinks for me. I think I am going to work on all my last. Knute things for school today to keep me occupied. Grades are due Friday! AGH!

If you are a mother happy mothers day!
Old 05-13-2012, 08:03 AM   #80  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Happy Mother's day!
Old 05-13-2012, 08:03 AM   #81  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Funny NSV today. Getting ready this morning and my 11yo DD came out looking a little strange. Her shirt was kind of gapping around the neck. She couldnt figure out what was up. It turns out I had put my shirt in her clean laundry because it was so small it could not possibly have been mine. It was a bit big for her, but definitely right on for me. Lol.
So glad it is not just me. I have a 4, 6 & 9 year old. I am always getting the girls clothes mixed up, they are 4 & 6 years old and our little girl is in 5T's and our 6 year old is in size 6 so things get confusing. So my defense is to read the tags of things I am unsure about and put them in piles. I have the kids put their own laundry away and they're always laughing at me for getting things mixed up.

My wife and son are even harder sometimes,especially with TShirts, they're like the same size. The obvious feminine cut ones and the obvious little boy shirts are easy but some of them are just indistinguishable. So that is a source of frustration and comedy when I fold the clothes.

Quote:
USMCVET - you sound like such a good dad...and you are doing fantastic on this program, your posts are always so upbeat.
Molly - 50 pounds gone! WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO
Thanks Cadu being a Dad is the one thing in life like I feel I've always worked hardest at and done best at. My kids have kept me going many times when I just didn't want to even get out of bed.

Molly way to go! You must feel so much better.

Body image is one of my biggest problems too. I am very sensitive to begin with and the weight issues I've dealt with have made it tougher. We went to a water park about a month ago and I hate walking around w/o my shirt on but I did, I got plenty of looks, some not well hidden but at the time I was down 50#'s and kept telling myself I looked and felt better than I did a month before. Try to think about how much you have improved and pat yourself on the back. It will still be a struggle for some of us but we are all doing so well.

Quote:
Big Day at the shop today (Mother's Day) - had to go 7 hours between breakfast and dinner, and for supper husband took me out for prime rib. I had 8 oz. meal - no potato, lettuce salad, but they had nothing for vegetables.

Kinda bummed - anyone think it hurt me? I had been doing so good.
I think you're fine, just keep working the program. I hope you had something to eat before dinner. I got hungry just thinking about 7 hours between meals.

Quote:
NSV ! My old size 20 jeans have been falling off me so I went today to find a new pair. I've been wearing a few of my old size 16 shirts so I grabbed a few different color jeans in16 from the rack -- the best fitting pair turned out to be a pair of size 14 I'd grabbed by mistake! Size 14! This is progress!
YankeeLady that's awesome!

Last edited by usmcvet; 05-13-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Then we got to the check out counter and I forgot my wallet in the truck. We went out to get it and came right back in. I know it sounds like nothing but that was a huger NSV for me. I would not have done it 6 weeks ago.I probably would have bought the things online last month.
Congratulations! You have made incredible progress in a short time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
My 14 year old just discovered Dr. Who. He's hooked.
Yeah...it's been on for many years, but I never did start watching it until a few years ago, with the new incarnations. Now I'm totally hooked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
It was a bit big for her, but definitely right on for me. Lol.
Love this! It's like we can't believe this could actually fit us, even when we put it on and it does... Yahoo!

Quote:
Hello Everybody.
Carol - I just noticed your photos --- you are BEAUTIFUL !!! What wonderful progress - hope you have a great day with your family gathering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsmashfat View Post
Has anyone else been experiencing problems with their "body image"? I still think of myself as being over 180 lbs. I am envious of people in the 170's - I can't get my head around the fact that I am in the 160's. How do you get yourself to accept the changes? I am afraid that if I don't accept this as my new reality, I will gain it all back.
I don't think you'll gain it back. I do still look in the mirror and sometimes I'll see a stranger, but over time, and buying new clothes, it is sinking in, and I so totally enjoy the way I feel in cuter clothes, that I can't see myself ever going back. Don't worry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I never thought I would be the type who would love to garden, but I LOVE TO GARDEN The house we bought last year had an awesome greenhouse and a wonderful garden area. I am a very lucky lady.
A greenhouse? I am so envious !!! I haven't planted anything yet this year because I was focusing on the house, and if I sell it, not sure what to plant, but I'll just have to put in some tomatoes and basil, at a minimum. I can't control myself !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post

Today is the worse day of the year for me. I usually lock myself in the computer room or my bedroom and have contact with no one. I lost my mom when I was 12 and I can't have kids so mothers day stinks for me. I think I am going to work on all my last. Knute things for school today to keep me occupied. Grades are due Friday! AGH!

If you are a mother happy mothers day!
Maybe there is a way to reframe your vision of motherhood? I never had kids, and there have been times I wished I did, but it just wasn't in the cards. But, I love all my nieces and nephews so much. I know it's not the same as being a mom, but love is love. Hope you find some peace...

---

Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's out there! When I read about how you are doing IP and raising kids, I am doubly impressed with your discipline to hang in there and the choice to improve your health so you can truly be around for your kids long term, and be a great health role model too.

I miss my dear Mom and will be thinking of her today, and how happy she'd be for me.

Have a great day everybody!!!

Last edited by Sewmam; 05-13-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #83  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Quote:
When I look in the mirror I still see the "old" me. but when I see pictures I can see the difference. Most days I still feel like the old me but some days I wake up and feel skinnier. But before IP it was the opposite, when I looked in the mirror I didnt think I was as big as I looked in pictures. The way I see myself is very warped. Its a strange thing.
Same for me. I never saw myself as big as I was until I looked at a picture. When I did look at the pictures, it was like looking at someone I didn't know. Now that I have lost some weight, I don't feel any different. I haven't seen any pictures of myself taken in the last few weeks, but last night I was out with some people I haven't seen for a few months. Everyone was so amazed at how good I looked. It was a real boost.

I hope that you have a great day, stay OP and make your sister-in-law green with envy !
Old 05-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #84  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Happy Mother's Day everyone !

I decided to take myself shopping for a few hours yesterday. First time in many years that I have not had to migrate towards the plus size section of the store. Big NSV for me...I bought a sweater at Costco. I haven't been able to buy anything in a normal person size from Costco in years !!! A cute little hot pink sweater in an XLG. Wore it out last night with my new Levis that I bought in michigan last week (size 14 - but the cut must be made big cuz I am sure I would be a 16 or 18 in anything else) and a pair of healed sandals that I never wear because I don't like to be the towering fat lady. It was a real ego boost as everyone kept telling me how great and how much younger I looked. They even told DH that he better start keeping his eye on me...lol

Had a good time. Everyone was drinking very heavily to celebrate one of the girl's birthday but I stuck to my one diet 7 up for the evening. Drove everyone home and aside from being a bit tired, feel pretty good this morning. Better I am sure than any one of them !!!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Morning and Happy Mothers day everyone!

I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday after WI. After a week in phase 3, I lost .2lbs LOL.. I'll just say I stayed the same.. although I am now in the 110's. It's a weird feeling!

The DH and I started a new workout plan yesterday and WOW today I am feeling it! I'm reading Lean Secrets by Brenda Turner. She has a diet plan and workout plan. Her diet plan is more of a clean eating-plant based diet. No wheat, way less grains, no regular dairy. She focuses on protein (animal protein and fat) with lots of intense workouts and many small meals. Anyways, we are trying out her workout plan that comes with the book. It's really good! She has us doing 15-30 mins of cardio right away in the AM. This can be a brisk walk, jog or run. We just ran in place and watched tv Then, later in the day we do a full body circuit. She outlines everything.
I think I may try her diet plan for maintenance once I'm done with phase 3. I'm thinking about it. A lot of the plan coincides with IP so we'll see.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #86  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Quote:
Good morning everybody

Happy Mothers Day to all you Moms... Today i am going to my brother in laws for mothers day brunch which they have every year. He and his wife are terrific cooks and I know that there is nothing there I can eat. It is gonna be a long tough day. I will bring my own food and get through it but honestly I wish I didnt have to go. The only cool thing is that I have not seen any of these people since Christmas when I weighed 42 pounds heavier (especially my DH's sister who is heavier then me now and we do not get along).

Have a wonderful day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammywhiz View Post
Same for me. I never saw myself as big as I was until I looked at a picture. When I did look at the pictures, it was like looking at someone I didn't know. Now that I have lost some weight, I don't feel any different. I haven't seen any pictures of myself taken in the last few weeks, but last night I was out with some people I haven't seen for a few months. Everyone was so amazed at how good I looked. It was a real boost.

I hope that you have a great day, stay OP and make your sister-in-law green with envy !
I feel exactly the same way! I look in the mirror and feel the same, I need to take progress pictures and start accepting this new me. I'm hoping purging an entire wardrobe will help!

Oh, and Carol...I wish I was a fly on the wall to see your SILs face when she sees you!
Old 05-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I'm a newbie, and had my second weigh it. I was worried I had not lost anything.
I was thinking that I could not succeed. But I lost 4 pounds, and I'm thinking that life is not just about what I eat. Some packets and veggies are boring, but life is more than that, and I won't always be eating this restricted diet.
I had the big mac in a bowl tonight for dinner, and it was very good. A home run.
I started at 202, now 193.
Hiya dizzyjean, you sound a lot like me! How about we be diet buddies?! I'm new to this as well, it's my second week. It's kinda funny we started out at the same weight and we are the same height I also had the big mac in a bowl for dinner and it was pretty darn good (minus the pickles since I don't like them). I lost 4 pounds my first week and my work uniform pants are already fitting looser! You are so right that life is about more than boring food on occasison.

Stay strong through the bland stuff and you'll be down in stage 4 in no time. There are sooo many recipies on this forum alone to try to keep the boring-ness away.

Have a great OP weekend!!
Old 05-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #88  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning and happy Mother's Day to those mothers. I am about to start work work (at least, at home). I traded working today to retrieve a vacation day from last week to use later this year on one of our trips to Michigan. DH is working a 12 hour shift and won't be home until 8:30PM, so working today is really no big deal.

Cadu, like Liz, I'd love to be a fly on the wall and see your SIL expression. You have done soooooo well and look unbelievable. Like Wuv, you are a real role model.

Will check the forum every so often on my self-appointed breaks from work.

Molly
Old 05-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #89  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
There was a thread on this before recently, I believe it was Phase 4 appropriate. We are 'free' to use 0/0/0 items, this product doesn't meet that for Phase 1.
~ Ha ! I knew it! My mother in law and I tend to be competitive, and she said I'd lose weight faster because of my age and yada yada, and then gave me 4 slices of this bread because it was 0 carb! She knows I'm Phase I grrrr it's on like Donkey Kong now! Gonna go ride my bicycle to take out my frustration on the pavement.

Quote:
Earlier today, I posted my 4.8 lb two week loss, but later on, I realized I had lost a total of 50 lbs since I started.
Molly
Molly, congratulations on the loss! I'm thinking mine will start slow and stay slow, just cuz that's how I roll, but I'm ok with that. 50 pounds? 50!? That's like, a small child, or , my youngest dog (he's about 55 but eh)! You should be so totally proud!

Quote:
Yes. Exercise and you should have an extra regular packet, not a restricted one. My coach said to have one ahead of time when possible this one she suggested should be restricted because you often need the energy from the carbs.
This is good to know. I don't do high intensity exercise, but like when I go on my walk, I just do it after taking my lunch packet but before eating my veggies (so I don't feel over full), but maybe I should have an extra one anyways when I get back? My loss has been "slow n steady" 5 lbs week 1, 4.8 week 2, thinking probably around 2 lbs this week or so (weigh in tomorrow)...I wonder if I'm actually having too FEW carbs.

Quote:
Welcome to the thread DJ You'll love the people here, they are so motivational and supportive, it's just amazing

Quote:
Something simple like taking the kids to the mall today would have been very painful a few months ago. Then we got to the check out counter and I forgot my wallet in the truck. We went out to get it and came right back in. I know it sounds like nothing but that was a huger NSV for me. I would not have done it 6 weeks ago.I probably would have bought the things online last month.
I had a similar NSV last night. I went to JCPenney to get a Magic Bullet blender (they only had a JCP brand so I got that instead), and I parked on the side of the store I THOUGHT had house ware, only to realize it was the opposite side. Instead of moving my truck (as I would have done a month ago) I jumped out, walked quick through the store to my destination, got my blender and got out Probably actually saved time by not trying to find another parking spot too!

Quote:
NSV !14 I'd grabbed by mistake! Size 14! This is progress!
Wow, what an awesome "mistake" to make!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Kaypix,
Great job starting the thread! Love the cartoon! It makes me smile!
Where do you find these great cartoons?

Land O Lakes has a half a dozen similar powdered savory flavorings and these are relatively new. Flavors such as Ranch, Sour Cream & Onion, Cheddar, 4 Cheese, Butter, etc. They are not available in my local stores, I buy them online at Land O Lakes. Watch the portion size. It's teeny - however, I still use them, watching the size, because while I like broccoli, its really easy to eat 2 cups w/a light sprinkling of these. I bought every flavor since I was paying for s&h anyways and Land O Lakes has quality products - wasn't concerned about not liking them. I will keep using these after IP. I think they are a good find. watch the sodium too.
Not a problem, I was trying to avoid the scale and the cartoon really "spoke" to me. As far as where I found it, I have entirely too much free time on my hands, and I have to "obsess" about stuff to succeed in a way that I am satisfied, and that current obsession is, you guessed it, weight loss. So I scoured Photobucket last week looking for inspirational posters and what not. I have the first 80 dedicated to exercise and why to do it, that's on my blog now. I plan on doing one for motivation / perseverance, one for diet specific (don't eat that etc.) and one for humor/crude humor. blog is kaypix.wordpress.com and I'm putting up IP recipes I find here that I would eat as well as comparisons with alternative products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
K, I also couldn't wait to get to my ticker! Oh, the decision, which avatar to use? LOL! It was fun. I think about changing mine for the fun of it but haven't gotten around to it.
--Chloe - I'll be in the same boat when it's time for mine I am sure I used to use ticker factory.com when I was on ***************.net (ww program forum) but am excited to see what's all out there

K,
Did you find this to be a tasty product?
--Chloe - very much so, but not the same as "Wonder" or the regular bleached flour bread, which is a huge trigger food for me. One slice with real butter (high fat, no carb) was enough to satisfy me through lunch, and I had that instead of my shake since it had 14g of protein in it. Would I do it again? Not on this phase, so 3 slices are getting tossed or frozen this week.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #90  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

I'm freaking out because I only just realized that the tea my grandma made me yesterday was sweetened with 2/3 drops of liquid saccharin. I know it's basically calorie/sugar free, but I've only seen here that we're allowed Splenda and Stevia so I've just been using Stevia except for those 2/3 drops of saccharin.
How terrible is this? lol I know it can't be too bad but I should tell my grandma to use stevia next time..
Closed Thread