Old 03-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #1  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Dissapointed in myself :(

I told myself that I ever went off protocol I would never write it on here. I want you all to think of me as a hard worker working on my weigh goals, but I really blew it yesterday and have to get it off my chest....

It is the first time I cheated since I started in December and I feel so horrible and so angry with myself....

The day started off great with a 5K (which I ran in 32:24!) but then everyone stopped in for a beer to celebrate. Usually I say no thanks, but I had one.... and then another.....

Then my friends and I went to Newport to celebrate St. Patty's Day. and again I usually just drink water with lemon, but instead I had another two Guinness and THEN after all that horrible beer.... I actually ate a sandwich and didn't take off the BREAD!!!!! YIKES!!!! WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!

I got on the scale this morning and gained a whole 3.5lbs.

I am depressed and feel sluggish and feel so ANGRY with myself. And mostly embarrassed. I know I am better than that.

I know that many of you have said that once you get kicked out of ketosis it is impossible to get back in to it. What if I ruined everything?

I have worked so hard and I feel like I really let myself down.

I am just venting. I know that I need to pick up my head up and just start back 100% today. WHICH I AM!

Oh hum. I'm such an idiot!

SaraBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Sounds like you learned your lesson, so like you said today is a new day, get back on it 100% TODAY, don't wait. Don't beat yourself up, but you still have growing to do in order to handle these types of "test" you are not quiet strong enough yet. You know this now and will have to learn from it (which I think you have). Remember YOU CONTROL what goes in your mouth!....celebrating doesn't have to involve FOOD nor BEER.....peer pressure is a "B" for sure BUT YOU have to be STRONG FOR YOU!....YOU CAN DO THIS!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #3  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

First of all, you know it's just water because you got kicked out of ketosis.

Secondly, congratulate yourself for how long you DID stay on plan, and for completing that 5k run!

So now it comes down to how you deal with the trangression....just get right back on plan and move forward. But look at it as a learning experience, and ask yourself why you went off plan. Was it peer pressure? Did alcohol reduce your control? Once you have those answers, you can plan ahead for next time.
bethanym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Get right back on track and that weight will be gone in a day or so.

I think your body was telling you that with the very heavy exercise with the quick 5K run you needed more food. That is why heavy exercise is not encouraged on IP.
Then the psychology aspect kicked it.
Unfortunately it was St Patrick's day and the food choices readily available were the first possible. then the old mind set set in and you went into the "I deserve to celebrate" mode kicked in and everything went south.
you can't undo what's done but you can jump right back on the wagon and grt the damage undone as quickly as possible. Drink lots of water.

Last edited by patns; 03-18-2012 at 01:30 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

My first thought...

There is no way I could run 5K on this diet even with extra packets. Did you run out of calories and your body just wanted something NOW? Then the backslide let to the mentality of "oh well"?

Here's a good quote from the beck diet solution on facebook:

Everybody makes dieting mistakes. Everybody. Once dieters learn how to get right back on track after a slip up, they don’t have to live in fear of them and as long as dieters recover immediately, mistakes NEVER have to lead to them throwing in the towel

Ditto on wuv's entire post, only you can control what goes into your mouth. But the easiest way to do that is to support yourself and your surroundings. Personally, I'd cut out the excersise until you're done, it's such a tight rope of enough or not enough calories...it is just easier to wait until your at your goal.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #6  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I think your body was telling you that with the very heavy exercise with the quick 5K run you needed more food. That is why heavy exercise is not encouraged on IP.
This is a very good point!
Old 03-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #7  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post

Everybody makes dieting mistakes. Everybody. Once dieters learn how to get right back on track after a slip up, they don’t have to live in fear of them and as long as dieters recover immediately, mistakes NEVER have to lead to them throwing in the towel
THIS quote is VERY IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER....EVERYONE MAKES DIETING MISTAKES!......but you learn to deal with it!....
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #8  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Ditto on the above...the diet is not broken if you get right back to it! Don't think " well I have already ruined it, might as well wait a few days to start again". You start back today and don't cheat again. Ketosis will happen again.
Tripmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I don't know about getting out of ketosis and not being able to get back in. Why would that be?

Anyway, I second all that has been said. We've all been there. You are facing your demons just by writing here and that is so very important! Good for you!!!

Keep it up!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Lesson learned. Good for you that you brought it here. As we say in the west...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and hop right back on. Forgive yourself. Learn from it and move on. Mistakes happen. It is our choice how we deal with them. And as you know, you did not gain 3.5 pounds of fat. It is just water and glycogen. Good luck to you
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #11  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

Height: 5'7"

Don't beat yourself up.....you will lose it in a few days. The first slip up since December? I am actually thinking that you deserve a medal of honor for that alone!! Also running a marathon? No way could I run a mile living on these packets....

There is a thing called "life" out there and you enjoyed one special day. You will do great moving forward and finish up your goal.
Yatese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #12  
reboot 10/14/2014

Thanks everyone Your advice and encouragement really means a lot to me.

I have gotten over my disappointment and have decided to just suck it up, stop wallowing in negative thoughts and get right back on track

I just hope I really didn't screw up the whole ketosis process. Is it really true that once you get out of ketosis it is hard if not impossible to get back in to the level where you were?

I am doing everything OP today and will continue to do so. cheating is TOTALLY not worth it! I am so tired and so sluggish and even my brain is on slow motion.

So as you all have told me. just get back up, dust off, and move forward.

Thanks for your positive attitudes. All of this would be very hard to deal with (if not impossible) without your support. I am truly grateful.

Peace and LOVE you all!!!!

Old 03-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #13  
reboot 10/14/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
My first thought...

There is no way I could run 5K on this diet even with extra packets. Did you run out of calories and your body just wanted something NOW? Then the backslide let to the mentality of "oh well"?
I have been running 5K for the last few years. SO I don't really blame that....

BUT my BEST FRIEND and amazing running partner just had a baby and this was the first time in almost 6months we got a chance to spend some time together. I miss her so much. She hadn't had a drink in months (breast feeding) and I hadn't either.... So we just made silly excuses for why we reserved one. In the future I now now that all excuses are not worth it!

Anyhoo Lesson learned. Any THANKS again Everyone@@@
Old 03-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
Thanks everyone Your advice and encouragement really means a lot to me.

I have gotten over my disappointment and have decided to just suck it up, stop wallowing in negative thoughts and get right back on track

I just hope I really didn't screw up the whole ketosis process. Is it really true that once you get out of ketosis it is hard if not impossible to get back in to the level where you were?

I am doing everything OP today and will continue to do so. cheating is TOTALLY not worth it! I am so tired and so sluggish and even my brain is on slow motion.

So as you all have told me. just get back up, dust off, and move forward.

Thanks for your positive attitudes. All of this would be very hard to deal with (if not impossible) without your support. I am truly grateful.

Peace and LOVE you all!!!!

Great attitude. That is just a rumor about ketosis. Once you have depleted your glycogen stores, and if u have fat ( like we all do LOL) you will be in ketosis. It won't take any longer than it did the first time. There really is no other option. Your body needs to burn something, and if it is not carbohydrate it is ketone.

Try not to stress. Relax. Trust the process. Remember that your story here today may have empowered someone who was on the edge of a cheat to make a different choice.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #15  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
No, it's not true. You are either in ketosis or not in ketosis. Some people may register higher ketones than others on the strips, but trace or small is really what you want to see (more often means you are dehydrated and your urine is too concentrated).

So you will be in back in ketosis before you know it, and that water weight will disappear in 4 to 7 days. (unless you had the luck of the Irish with you this weekend and it goes sooner)