Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Oh how I needed to read this today!!!! Day 2 for me. Thank you soooo much for sharing
keep plugging away , moose. stay OP, drink your water and you can't miss the progress.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #62  

I slipped up today and had some hard candy. I hope that doesn't affect my diet progress too much. I have lost 8lbs in only 6 days. That's AWESOME!!!

I do have a TMI question though. I am on the pill and have been taking it as directed, however my TMO has come on early. I have seen threads talking about TMO, but wasn't sure if that was with birth control or not....
Old 02-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #63  
Kranky Koala

S/C/G: 241/231/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Take it one week at a time. The days may drag by, but the months and the years fly... And, keep in mind my favorite saying... "Planning takes the scary out of everything."
Thanks for this! In my second week, and it's great to see success stories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Yesterday at a business lunch I had a salad that was a little skimpy on the chicken portion. I cannot stand the soups and my coach won't take them back, so I followed a suggestion here and the result was YUMMY. Tomato basil soup packet, 1/4 cup egg whites, dash salt, dash baking soda, water to make texture like pancake. Also added crushed red pepper, garlic powder and oregano. cooked it up like a giant pancake and served it as a "flatbread" with my 3 oz chicken folded up inside. My daughter laughed at my "hot pink" sandwich, but boy was it good. Can't wait to try cheesy broccoli flatbread.
Isn't it GREAT?!? We've got an engagement party tonight and I was asked to make a gigantic mac-n-cheese to bring. But I will also be bringing my own waffle sandwich or pancake wrap filled with great protein and lettuce/tomato/pickle. Love those pickles! And I'll bring cuke sticks or possibly even some crepe chips to munch on. I won't feel deprived, and I'll stay OP...and I'll feel great tomorrow! No 'I ate too much/the wrong food' hangover. Yay IP!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 256/209/175

Ok Lakewood...you just made my day! I have to say I was having a self pitty party. And you are right I am on the "crazy maker" Way too often! **** I get on it maybe 3 times evey morning before I even get dressed! I am going to scale back the meat and see if that helps and move my restricted. I am going to choose one day a week and see what the "crazy box" says. Today is my fist time posting and I have only been on here a week. I have been a big girl my whole life and I crave to see the scale say a 1 instead of a 2! I know it will happen I just need to stay focused! Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
A little story for all you newbies out there who are wondering if this diet works. Tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of when I started Ideal Protein.
So, for those newbies here... Take it one week at a time. The days may drag by, but the months and the years fly... And, keep in mind my favorite saying... "Planning takes the scary out of everything."
Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to write something so encouraging! It is definitely a mindset that we learn as we go through this diet and it is wonderful to know that "yes" it can continue once we hit our goal as long as we stay focused

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #66  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Happy Friday everyone. Congratulations to all of you all the great WI's today.

I picked up my mom at the airport last night and when she saw me and she was so shocked.. She knows I've lost all of this weight, but I guess not prepared for the change she saw in me. She kept telling me how proud she was of me. So between her and all of the great comments I got from her, my doctor and another friend, well lets just say it was a lot of fun.

Well back to packing. I'm leaving for my cruise tomorrow and I've got my bars and drinks packed. I plan on being the one who gets off the ship at the end of the cruise having lost weight rather than having gained weight.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5'3"

[QUOTE=GetUpOffaThatThing;4228488]Happy Friday everyone. Not sure if there's a tread out there already but I just found out that I'm going to start working full time on Monday. (yay for $!) Any tips on how to make this work when you're in an office all day?[/QUOTE

First of all - CONGRATULATIONS! It's not that difficult to stay OP at work. Keep a small bottle of olive oil for lunch salads, have a large bottle to refill with water, remember to do stretches and some "near-desk" exercises and stay away from all those "shared" cookies, bagels, donuts in the communal kitchenette. Do 20-30 minutes walks during lunch. Plan every evening what you're going to eat during the day, buy yourself a cute lunchbag, put there all your IP packages for the day, vitamins, salt, shaker. Keep a small bowl at work to make soups, chili, etc. If you have to go to lunch with your co-workers, make sure you're familiar with the restaurants and know what you can order there. GOOD LUCK!!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #68  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

WI#5: -5 pounds!

Yahoo! and 3 inches, 1 inch from the thighs which is a hard on for me to lose.

I did weigh in in the morning opposed to the afternoon, so results may be skewed a bit.

Goal for next wiegh in... 5 more pounds! Mind over Matter- we will see how far positive thinking will get me!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM311 View Post
But I will also be bringing my own waffle sandwich or pancake wrap filled with great protein and lettuce/tomato/pickle. Love those pickles! And I'll bring cuke sticks or possibly even some crepe chips to munch on. I won't feel deprived, and I'll stay OP...and I'll feel great tomorrow! No 'I ate too much/the wrong food' hangover. Yay IP!
Crepe chips? tell me more!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #70  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by britne1 View Post
I slipped up today and had some hard candy. I hope that doesn't affect my diet progress too much. I have lost 8lbs in only 6 days. That's AWESOME!!!

I do have a TMI question though. I am on the pill and have been taking it as directed, however my TMO has come on early. I have seen threads talking about TMO, but wasn't sure if that was with birth control or not....
That's okay but try to catch yourself next time. You may have just gone into ketosis recently and you don't want to knock yourself back out. It's not a good idea to go in and out of ketosis. Hard on the body.

TOM will change on this diet. Some have it more frequently. For some it lasts longer. My second TOM was late but I felt like I had extra PMS. The pill is not as effective on this diet so use some extra form of protection.

Hang in there, you are off to a great start. Keep your eyes on the prize the next time candy or something else tries to tempt you. Even now I have trouble in the grocery store. I used to always sample whatever they had. It's just an automatic response as I walk around. Now, I just have to focus on what I need to get for groceries.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #71  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Thanks for sharing that. I am on week 6 and still 100% OP. I have lost almost 25 pounds but sometimes look at the big number I still have to go and get a little discouraged. But you successful people jump online and remind us it is a journey and to take one day at a time. Thank you. I know I can do this but your input is so very helpful!
Your stats aren't that different from mine and I have to tell you the longer you are on IP the easier and easier it gets and the faster time flies. Don't look at the glass as half full, but look how far you have come instead. I've finally hit onederland (still unofficial till my next weight in), and I never thought I would get there. Since the beginning of the diet I set up 10 pound goals for me. My goal is to loose 10 pounds per month and so far every month I have made goal and usually more. You are doing great, keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara 180 View Post
Hi Ladies...
I have a quick question for you. I have been on ideal Protein since Oct 14th 2011. I have dropped 46lb. I started at 256 and I am now stuck at 210. I stick to the plan to a "t" I seem to be loosing 2lbs just to gain it back the next day. Or I have weeks that I stay the same.... I don't get why. My cycle is longer then normal since I started...my breath could peel wall paper off walls....and lots of hair loss. ( I read that is normal) I could be just having a pitty Party. Come on Ladies...give me some idea's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara 180 View Post
I have a shake in the morning...veg 2cups mid lunch..soup or pudding at lunch (id pack) I have a salad at lunch...dinner is meat 12oz and salad and a veg. I have a restricted at night usually zippers.
I start out just a little heavier than you (265) and just the other day I hit onederland (not official till my next WI) and I have to tell you those last 5 pounds were a SLOW march to get past 200. I know for me it's been at least 12 years since I was lower than 200 and I think my body was resistant to the change. One thing that really helped me was upping my water even more. Once I did that the scale started moving again.

Also as others have said you are eating too much protein. 8oz is the limit and have your restricted food in the morning or for lunch. I always, since day one have had a bar for breakfast, and I have my snack (a pudding shake) right before I go to bed.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #72  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
When I eat my cucumbers for lunch (everyday) I dice them up, add olive oil, rice vinegar, Mrs dash, onion flakes, red pepper flakes, sea salt and splenda!!.....yummy!!.....also sometimes I just cut the cucumber in half length wise and sprinkle a packet of splenda over it.....yummy!!
That sounds really good! I'll have to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newchapter View Post
I just had a NSV. I was able to take my wedding band off. It has been few years since I have done that. Makes me very happy!
Have a good OP weekend everyone.
Mine was when I could put mine on and then, when I had to have it made 2 sizes smaller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
WI#5: -5 pounds!

Yahoo! and 3 inches, 1 inch from the thighs which is a hard on for me to lose.

I did weigh in in the morning opposed to the afternoon, so results may be skewed a bit.

Goal for next wiegh in... 5 more pounds! Mind over Matter- we will see how far positive thinking will get me!
Good work on the loss and to anyone else whom I missed.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Happy Friday Everyone! Hope you all have great weigh-in's and NSV's.

I am noticing more muscle. This has been suprising me for a while since I was never athletic. So I have convinced myself that I gained more muscle because my muscles had a lot of work to do flicking off all that extra fat.
BAHAHAHA that cracked me up!! Love it
Old 02-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #74  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Happy Friday everyone!!! Pxlkitty thank you for sharing your story, great for me to read! Everyone else, congrats on your weigh-ins and NSV's, you're all doing so well. I have to say that I enjoyed reading each and every post on here today, its seems like such a positive energy is going around - I really needed that little boost of positivity. Sooo thankful to have 3FC & all of you as a support system
Old 02-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #75  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone, just checking in for a little bit.
I'm working the last of my work hours for a while, but I just wanted to stop by with a question.

Does anyone on IP deal with Fibromyalgia? I'm pretty sure this is what is wrong with me, but I haven't been to a doctor because it's not currently covered through my insurance. But anyway.

I thought the more that I lost weight, the better I would feel with this [which I've read is true for some people] but for the past 3 days I've felt the worst effects from it ever, I swear. It used to be sometimes I would wake up with the "feeling" [if you have Fibro, you get what i'm saying] in certain areas, but the last few days I've just woke up with the feeling everywhere.

I'm so tired, weak and I just literally feel like crap. I just want to feel better. Grrrrr. I can't sit because it hurts, I can't lay down because it hurts. I can't drive or do anything really without it hurting. :| Sorry for the "rant".
Closed Thread