Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:50 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

The loss will come soon...hang in there!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:19 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chshedtchr View Post
Good advice. My hubby and I ate at red lobster for his birthday on Sunday. I had crab legs - no butter and broccoli. At my weigh in on Monday I didn't lose anything. At first I was ready to just chuck it all but I have lost 12 lbs in 4 weeks so I am not going to quit. Hopefully next week will be a loss!
That doesn't sound like a cheat at all. That's actually exactly what I had at Red Lobster when hubby and I went on Friday (plus I had a salad no croutons, no dressing). Were you maybe a little bloated the morning of your WI? Stick with it and the weight will come off, sometimes our bodies need a week to catch up with what we're doing and how fast it's coming off!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
That doesn't sound like a cheat at all. That's actually exactly what I had at Red Lobster when hubby and I went on Friday (plus I had a salad no croutons, no dressing). Were you maybe a little bloated the morning of your WI? Stick with it and the weight will come off, sometimes our bodies need a week to catch up with what we're doing and how fast it's coming off!
So true! I didn't have a loss last week...or lose inches, but since I'm a compulsive weigher, I know that so far this week I've lost 3lbs. Granted, I won't consider anything official until my weighin on Friday. Just stay OP and stay positive and the lbs will come off.

I've read it on here numberous times...I didn't put the weight on overnight, so I shouldn't expect it to come off overnight.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Honestly, I don't get this. You're planning a cheat, why would you even post on here HOW to cheat? If you enjoy sabotaging your progress and throwing money away, that's your choice, but I find it inappropriate to ask others HOW to do it. Most of us on here work really hard to stay on program 100% of the time, and resist all sorts of temptations every day, and for the life of me I can't fathom why anyone would start this diet and PLAN to sabotage themselves. This is a NO CHEAT diet, that's why it works. It's hard on your body to go in and out of ketosis. I feel bad for you that you made the decision to put yourself through that, and I hope that you don't continue to make these decisions. I realize it's your life, your body, your money, etc, etc....I just can't see how people who plan cheats can be successful...or how you can reward yourself with food when food is what got you here in the first place. Sorry...just my opinion and I had to get it out there! I mean no disrespect!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/145/135

Height: 5'6"

I've read it on here numberous times...I didn't put the weight on overnight, so I shouldn't expect it to come off overnight

Thanks - I know I should not have felt that way but seeing no loss after being so good was a bit disappointing. Oh well, I know this will take time and work so at least I stayed OP!
Thanks for the support!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClairCat View Post
Thanks folks for the responses. Wow some of you are hardcore!

Enjoy your Valentines!
We're not hardcore...just committed. It's what we signed up for...I'm not calling you names so don't call me one. Just sayin'
Old 02-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #22  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
Honestly, I don't get this. You're planning a cheat, why would you even post on here HOW to cheat? If you enjoy sabotaging your progress and throwing money away, that's your choice, but I find it inappropriate to ask others HOW to do it. Most of us on here work really hard to stay on program 100% of the time, and resist all sorts of temptations every day, and for the life of me I can't fathom why anyone would start this diet and PLAN to sabotage themselves. This is a NO CHEAT diet, that's why it works. It's hard on your body to go in and out of ketosis. I feel bad for you that you made the decision to put yourself through that, and I hope that you don't continue to make these decisions. I realize it's your life, your body, your money, etc, etc....I just can't see how people who plan cheats can be successful...or how you can reward yourself with food when food is what got you here in the first place. Sorry...just my opinion and I had to get it out there! I mean no disrespect!
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
We're not hardcore...just committed. It's what we signed up for...I'm not calling you names so don't call me one. Just sayin'
You both said just what I was feeling.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #23  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

for all of the people that are/were offended by this post.... IGNORE IT AND MOVE ALONG.

she already had her mind up that she was going off plan of dinner and was seeking advice on whether of not to have her IP snack later that evening.

this forum has a place for EVERYONE not just the people who are as committed as you think they should . JUST SAYIN'
Old 02-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #24  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Sometimes you just have to test the waters and see how it works for you and then make decisions from there.

The other thing is that sometimes this is not the right diet for people or not the right time and they need an out.

It takes a long time to retrain yourself that food is not a treat. What's the first thing someone says when you experience a success (like a new job or something). "Come on let me take you out for dinner/drinks. My treat." It starts from childhood. Doctors giving candy because they gave you a shot. Parents rewarding you with ice cream because you got good grades or cleaned your room. We are retraining ourselves to find treats in different ways but that takes time, a lot of time.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #25  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

QUOTE=Icathinme;4216808]Honestly, I don't get this. You're planning a cheat, why would you even post on here HOW to cheat? If you enjoy sabotaging your progress and throwing money away, that's your choice, but I find it inappropriate to ask others HOW to do it. Most of us on here work really hard to stay on program 100% of the time, and resist all sorts of temptations every day, and for the life of me I can't fathom why anyone would start this diet and PLAN to sabotage themselves. This is a NO CHEAT diet, that's why it works. It's hard on your body to go in and out of ketosis. I feel bad for you that you made the decision to put yourself through that, and I hope that you don't continue to make these decisions. I realize it's your life, your body, your money, etc, etc....I just can't see how people who plan cheats can be successful...or how you can reward yourself with food when food is what got you here in the first place. Sorry...just my opinion and I had to get it out there! I mean no disrespect![/QUOTE]

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #26  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I agree with what someone already said, eat OP until "the meal" that way you won't be more than hungry. Even though I'm posting the day after, just wanted to add my 2 cents.

One reason IP has worked for me is that my coach is not militant about planning to go off program of a special occassion like vacation or what-not. Twenty years ago I was involved in 12 Steps for Overeaters and I followed the Grey Sheet diet for 1.5 years without a slip. In fact, when I got off the program it wasn't because I was overwhelmed with food thoughts, they had all but gone away but, that's another story. Once I got back to my old ways of eating, I couldn't return to Grey Sheet. I tried and failed again and again. Fast forward to 2011 and IP diet. I kept recalling similarities between IP and the Grey Sheet diet. Recently I compared the two and realized that IP diet is MORE restrictive than Grey Sheet, which I couldn't adhere to.

After giving it several days of thought I realized that the militant attitude of strict adherance to Grey Sheet was psychologically blocking me from returning to it. The mindset in Grey Sheet is that a "slip" is right up there with cardinal sin. You've broken this X number of year "abstinence" from compulsive overeating, blah, blah, blah, shame, guilt, etc., etc. -- I just couldn't get up for going back to that! But, I thought what I couldn't do was the extremely restrictive diet. I was wrong! IP is even more restrictive. Grey Sheet is more comparable to IP phase I alternate plan where you eat a fruit for breakfast and some of the high glycemic veggies.

At any rate, my point is...I don't think you should beat yourself up or for that matter and more importantly get beat up by those here for support, just for wanting to enjoy a single meal. I agree that the sudden diet switch is probably not healthy for your body and may cause you to deal with more pain afterwards. Personally, I don't go off plan because I'm in a hurry to lose the weight so that my horseback riding will improve. But, I'm also 40 lbs from goal and my goal is a high weight for my size. In your case, you're not far from goal. My concern for your program is more that the disapproval you're getting here might cause an issue for you.

We already harbor enough guilt and shame in our lives without adding to it issues of feeling bad for being publicly ostricized. I hope you're not discouraged and that you're back on program today. Now that you've had a break, just keep going up the mountain!
Old 02-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #27  

Would you ask for advice at an AA meeting of how to have just one drink and not want more? Do you think the person you ask may want one too? Duh, yeah!

Personally, I struggled yesterday and would have loved to enjoy some fine food, wine and chocolates. One place I depend on for support is this site and don't appreciate reading about people figuring out ways to cheat. Cheating is not support. What's the point in doing this diet if you're cheating. Just like why join AA if you're going to continue to drink? The answer is because you're not ready to make a change.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 167/135/120

Height: 5' 3"

Many people depend on this site for support. If you open a post which is entitled "Day Off - Valentines Day Meal", then perhaps you should expect to hear about cheating or a plan to cheat?? There is a thread which is exclusively for those who never cheat, and it might be a safer place to be for those who are offended by anything otherwise. My 2 cents.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #29  

Please keep your two cents!
Old 02-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 280/269/150

Height: 5'4

I agree its a slippery slope that you might be heading towards. But hope you enjoyed your night and that you are back on track today! I dont know I feel so much more proud of myself when I know that I over came my temptation during a holiday then feeling like crap and guilty that I cheated. My coach always says the more you cheat the longer you are gonna be on protocol and the more money you are spending. I want to do this, lose the weight and get back to my healthy lifestyle.
Closed Thread