Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #106  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Congrats to all of you on your WI's, NSV's, and lovely gifts from significant others. My boyfriend has yet to even text to say Happy Valentine's Day, so he's on my s*** list. I don't even like Valentine's day, but some acknowledgement would be appreciated. Oh well. I will take out my frustrations at kickboxing tonight. I can't wait for my clinic to get the potatoes, I think I'm going to be super uber happy to have them And non-restricted, yes please!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #107  
restart 1/14/13

S/C/G: 210/208/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
That is usually their first week WI. You can't get a tracker until you are member for 20 days and have 20 post. Did you lose inches as well?.....NEVER be disappointed
Yes, I did lose an inch in my waist, everything else remained the same. Thanks for the encouragement, that's why I decided to join the forum. Love your story!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #108  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty17 View Post
Yes, I did lose an inch in my waist, everything else remained the same. Thanks for the encouragement, that's why I decided to join the forum. Love your story!
You are welcome, your body needs to make adjustments, don't get discouraged....you are on the right path
Old 02-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 204/166.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Perhaps he is smarter than you think and will wear a lot less clothes next week to make the difference more noticeable - just saying
HAHAHA. I think that's why his coach didn't even say anything to him. She'll help him celebrate his huge first week loss!
Old 02-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Happy Valentines Day everyone. I had a nice NSV today. On another diet site I have been on forever there are "pant" challenges. They are usually about 6 weeks long and you pick an item of clothing you want to fit by then.
My weight and sizes are going down slowly. I started at a tight size 14 petite, well actually would have to start buying 16. this was in August.

After Christmas when the currant challenge started I had just gotten to a comfortable fit in size 12 petite pants. So I put size 10 petite as my goal. I tried the one pair I had in size 10 last week. I could wear them but it was a tight fit. I need to get all my pants turned up even if the are petite in length. They were long but I thought in would be a while till they would fit comfortably.
Today was the checking in day, and they fit perfectly! Well except for being too long so I need to take them into the tailor.

i thought that was a fluke but then got an order I put in at Land's End. I thought I'd order early for lighter weight things as their petite stuff is often gone when the actual season comes.
Two pairs of size 10 pants and some petite medium tee shirts. everything fits perfectly.
I am the only one in the challenge who met their goal so I am a happy camper!
Old 02-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 225.8/198.8/140

Height: 5'6

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm on week 1 day 2 my coach said I can have 4 packs a day but my diet sheet shows only 3, could you let me know if it's 3 or 4. Also can you eat gum?
Thanks for your help
Old 02-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I was given 4 packs a day for the first week too. The coach said they were for the first week because some people get extremely hungry for that week.
I only used 3 a day and didn't need to buy so many packets the next week which was a nice saving.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I got a call this morning from my son at 6am telling me I had to come home cuz he was out joggin last night and popped something in his knee. He couldn't put pressure on it at all, so I got up packed all my stuff, woke mom up and was on the road for 7am. Got back to Gulfport around 11ish and have an appointment with him at the orthopedic Dr at 1:45. He has had arthritis in that knee since he is 6 yrs old, so we will see what he tells us. Off to unpack and get to the dr!
I hope his appointment went well!! Thoughts and prayers to you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
I think that EVERY TIME I make the cauliflower popcorn (which is almost nightly)
I know, I had it for lunch and I think I'm having it again for dinner, but that's only because the cauliflower is getting ready to go bad and I don't want to waste it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodEatsandWine View Post
Congrat's on your ticker! BTW, how are you notified that you get one? By email or by some message when you log-on to this board?
You have to have 20 posts and be a member for 20 days. Then you can click on User CP and will see an option to set your signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty17 View Post
Another WI today, worked so hard this week and down 2.25lbs. A little discouraged, thought it would be more. Thought joining the forum will keep me on track. Love reading all the updates. How are people losing 8-10lbs a week?
Not sure how to add the weight countdown on bottom of my profile.
The 8-10 a week is generally just the first week. I lost 10 the first week, but my initial weight I was waterlogged from travel and bloated from TOM so it wasn't actually 10 lbs of fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoginitnr View Post
I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm on week 1 day 2 my coach said I can have 4 packs a day but my diet sheet shows only 3, could you let me know if it's 3 or 4. Also can you eat gum?
Thanks for your help
The protocol is 3 packets a day, but sometimes coaches give people the option to have 4 especially the first week if they're really hungry. I would stick with three unless you're really starving or doing any exercising.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Wow, I just made the meringues and my goodness, what a ton of food!! I was planning on using that as my 4th packet, but I think instead they'll be a 'free snack' and I'll save some. I filled two entire sheet pans and still had a little batter left over. Next time though I am going to do it in my stand mixer, that was a lot of mixing! Can't wait to try them!

Went to a Valentines party with my kids this afternoon. It was SO much fun, and I didn't eat a thing. Funny thing was I had all my excuses ready (I just ate, not hungry, ect.) and no one noticed I didn't have a plate. Worked out fine for me We are definitely the most critical of ourselves and probably the only ones who notice that kind of thing most of the time.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

I am 13 days OP and an NSV today!!

My Blood sugar was 102 before dinner! I have not seen this normal number in years!! I got to stop taking my medication that stimulates the pancreas. I didn't need it since my carbs were way down. I also did not want to have to use it while on IP because my pancreas is supposed to be taking a rest! I wonder what my lipids will be? Hopefully, I can eventually get off the med for that too!

The kale chips definitely best while warm from oven. Taste gets stronger when cooled. Still hubby and son ate what was left and liked them!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #116  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
Congrats to all of you on your WI's, NSV's, and lovely gifts from significant others. My boyfriend has yet to even text to say Happy Valentine's Day, so he's on my s*** list. I don't even like Valentine's day, but some acknowledgement would be appreciated. Oh well. I will take out my frustrations at kickboxing tonight. I can't wait for my clinic to get the potatoes, I think I'm going to be super uber happy to have them And non-restricted, yes please!
Ya never know what is in store for you this evening. Just sayin'.
On the other hand, men tend to need 8-90 reminders for things.
If you have ever gone to a card shop or grocery store after work on V-Day, it's filled with guys frantically deciding on a card or flowers or chocolate or wine or everything.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Oh my gosh. I just had the best dinner with my babe. We had filet mignon, green beans, I had mashed cauliflower, he had seasoned mashed potatoes and applesauce. Man it was so good. And romantic with candlelight and the vase of tulips (my favorite flower) at the table. We are about to watch movies and snuggle up next to the fire place for the rest of the night. Love today happy valentines day everyone. Hope yours was as warm and fuzzy as mine <3
Old 02-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #118  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
WI #1 today!!!! I lost 6.5 lbs. and 9.5 inches....I am so pumped, what a nice thing to happen on Valentine's Day! I love this program.
Wow congrats !
Old 02-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 178/145/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
I found them at http://www.drugstore.com/
They also have them at http://www.netrition.com/
but in shopping it out drugstore.com was cheaper because they offer free shipping.
Thanks for the tip. I found some at Amazon about a year ago. I will have to compare prices at these other sites .
Old 02-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #120  

Week 3 wi and another 1.5lb down. I am beginning to get comments from people who notice that my clothes are not as tight
I thank you guys for all the valuable information and feedback. it is so helpful to be able to connect with people who are doing the same thing and won't get tired of the 'slight obsession' of talking about every little success
Closed Thread