Old 11-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #1  
My friends call me Darrel

S/C/G: 414/314/215

Height: 6'2"

Default I'm stupid - No sugar syrup ≠ No carbs

After I had breakfast this morning my wife noticed that the no sugar syrup I've been putting on the pancakes and crepes has 10g carb per serving! (sorbitol) Ugh!! I didn't even look at the label. Just assumed sugar free I guess.
I'm sure now that my lower than normal loss of 2.5 lbs a couple of weeks ago is due to the syrup on orange pancakes 5 days that week (I buy box not singles). I figure I was adding about 15g of carbs to breakfast each of those days. Likely 75+ for the week.
Interesting experiment though. Right after breakfast toay I did a keto-strip. Then again later in the day the ketone level was lower. So just that serving of carbs was starting to bring me out of ketosis that quick.
tykesplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:38 PM   #2  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

I got in the habit real fast of reading every single label, including spices. The WF syrup is pretty decent stuff, I can actually see using it down the road vs just sugar free stuff.
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:32 AM   #3  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

I have decided to use WF syrup on an ongoing basis even when I am maintaining. Why waste carbs/calories on syrup when the WF syrup is tasty? Then you can have a few more carbs somewhere else where it really counts.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote