Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default Daily IP Chat Wendesday 10/5/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 10-05-2011, 09:18 AM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

WOW, I can't believe no one started the thread yet...lol...Good thing I got up early...haha...getting ready to go WI for week #24 so we will see what the day brings
Old 10-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #3  
Happy Spring!

S/C/G: 195//35

Height: 5'5

I was wondering when this thread would pop up!! haha I didn't know how to do it. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR WEIGH IN WUV!!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:25 AM   #4  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning,

Good luck with your weigh in Lisa

I lost another pound from the 5 I gained after my cheat.

Can't believe that by tomorrow it will be my 14th week since I started.

Good luck everyone.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #5  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Good morning everyone! Another beautiful cool morning here in Louisiana. I love this weather!
Good luck on your WI Wuv and everyone else that has Wednesday WI.
My Dad and I are supposed to go visit my uncle today who is in a nursing home in Plaquemine to be weaned off a vent. I've been going once a week since he was transferred from Houston. Obviously my Dad is still sleeping as I haven't heard from him yet today.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #6  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Good morning. It's such a blah day here. It makes the day seem that much longer when there's no sunshine.
I was wondering how people make their choc. pancakes. My coach said she does hers in the microwave like a muffin and I've seen others who have had trouble with making them. Any suggestions.

Good luck on WI Wuv!!!! Keep us posted.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Morning all!! I thought I was going blind there for a minute when I hopped on and there was no chat for today lol. I'm off and running to the city today...some teenage slacker stole my oldest boys gym clothes while at the school for a volleyball tournament. I need jammies anyway, can't believe I forgot those on the weekend. I'm supposed to meet a friend for lunch but as of right now I don't know if that's still the plan, someone moved a deadline on her I'm going to weigh myself this morning...I was up 3 times last night to use the facilities, surely that means something good right?
Have a great Op day!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #8  

Good morning! I just got back from weigh in and lost 1.5 pounds and 3 inches. I am officially at 40 1/2 pounds lost! Woohoo!! I won't weigh again for 2 weeks as I am going out of town and decided that it will be too much to come back from traveling and running to weigh in! I'll be sitting in a car for 7 hours and not drinking much. My coach even said traveling is hard for weight loss.

May the Woosh Fairy come down and bless all of you weighing in today and the rest of the week!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 298.8/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Good morning everyone! Another crappy weather day here in the Maritimes. They are calling for SNOW tonight! I normally have WI today but the IP director for eastern Canada is at my clinic tomorrow and would like to meet me, so I have an extra day this week to lose but then that means not as many days next week when I go on Wednesday
I've decided that this weekend we will have a quiet Thanksgiving at home with husband and kids. We normally go to DH parents for a huge family gathering(about 65) for dinner. There is usually a room for desserts only and way too much food. For me, I'm not ready to be faced with that temptation and to have to explain to everyone what I can and cannot eat. Sometimes they are so critical and hard to deal with. My husband agrees, he would like to stay home. He is so supportive of me and this plan. He has changed his eating ways. No more fries for him . He has lost weight too and looks great!
Maybe I'll be ready by Christmas to go then for the huge family dinner.

So have a great day OP everyone and good luck to all who WI today.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
WOW, I can't believe no one started the thread yet...lol...Good thing I got up early...haha...getting ready to go WI for week #24 so we will see what the day brings

Good luck! (Although I know you won't need it!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
Morning all!! I thought I was going blind there for a minute when I hopped on and there was no chat for today lol. I'm off and running to the city today...some teenage slacker stole my oldest boys gym clothes while at the school for a volleyball tournament. I need jammies anyway, can't believe I forgot those on the weekend. I'm supposed to meet a friend for lunch but as of right now I don't know if that's still the plan, someone moved a deadline on her I'm going to weigh myself this morning...I was up 3 times last night to use the facilities, surely that means something good right?
Have a great Op day!!!
Your poor son. People are such jerks. Have fun shopping though. I would welcome middle of the night bathroom visits if it meant good things, that's for sure.

I am still on the battle of up and down. I was up again today only making me down 0.2 from last week but I still have one more day to get that woosh fairy here. Crossing everything I have that she makes it, I can't deael with these tiny losses. My hubby was home all day yesterday with the flu and is home again today and when I was getting ready he was watching the news and I almost burst into tears. Told him the scale isn't budging and he said, "Well Lyns, why don't you just quit then?" He knows I'm not going to but I think he's tired of hearing about it. I work too damn hard to not see results! Grrrrr......

Sorry, I told you I'd tie up Negative Nelly but she's stronger than Positive Polly at the moment.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:51 AM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning! I just got back from weigh in and lost 1.5 pounds and 3 inches. I am officially at 40 1/2 pounds lost! Woohoo!! I won't weigh again for 2 weeks as I am going out of town and decided that it will be too much to come back from traveling and running to weigh in! I'll be sitting in a car for 7 hours and not drinking much. My coach even said traveling is hard for weight loss.

May the Woosh Fairy come down and bless all of you weighing in today and the rest of the week!
Great job! I'd die for anything 1 or over tomorrow. Way to go on hitting that 40 pounds girl! Told ya you'd beat me!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:04 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandallismom View Post
I've decided that this weekend we will have a quiet Thanksgiving at home with husband and kids. We normally go to DH parents for a huge family gathering(about 65) for dinner. There is usually a room for desserts only and way too much food. For me, I'm not ready to be faced with that temptation and to have to explain to everyone what I can and cannot eat. Sometimes they are so critical and hard to deal with. My husband agrees, he would like to stay home. He is so supportive of me and this plan. He has changed his eating ways. No more fries for him . He has lost weight too and looks great!
Maybe I'll be ready by Christmas to go then for the huge family dinner.

So have a great day OP everyone and good luck to all who WI today.
We always just have thanksgiving at home, well my family is french (well so am I, lol) so they don't celebrate thanksgiving so its just me, dh and the kids. I'm the one cooking and i go all out and I'm going to make an awsome dessert that i won't taste, its a triple chocolate torte with whipped cream and homemade caramel between each layer.. But i'm glad that i can have lots of turkey!

that brings me to a question, i think someone said we're to have 8oz of protein at dinner right, is that just fish or all protein? I've been counting 8oz of beef and chicken too and wasn't sure if its right. I often measure my stuff after its cooked and i usually measure 6oz, would that be ok?
Old 10-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 298.8/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Busymom, Happy Thanksgiving! I will pick up a dessert for the family at Costco. I am going to do something yummy with the pudding and a bar. I think butterscotch pudding and a crunchy caramel bar chopped up small on top.

The meat I think is to be weighed before cooking, but how do you do that with a whole turkey? I will measure out 6oz like you and go that route to be safe. I'm going to ask my coach tomorrow at WI. Have a great day!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #14  
Happy Spring!

S/C/G: 195//35

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
We always just have thanksgiving at home, well my family is french (well so am I, lol) so they don't celebrate thanksgiving so its just me, dh and the kids. I'm the one cooking and i go all out and I'm going to make an awsome dessert that i won't taste, its a triple chocolate torte with whipped cream and homemade caramel between each layer.. But i'm glad that i can have lots of turkey!

that brings me to a question, i think someone said we're to have 8oz of protein at dinner right, is that just fish or all protein? I've been counting 8oz of beef and chicken too and wasn't sure if its right. I often measure my stuff after its cooked and i usually measure 6oz, would that be ok?
Hi Busymom, I too wondered this. My sheet says 8oz which is what my coach told me to do, however I have seen others talk about only having 6oz. I usually have about 7 so that I don't feel guilty. However my loss stalled so maybe thats why :S
Old 10-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandallismom View Post
Busymom, Happy Thanksgiving! I will pick up a dessert for the family at Costco. I am going to do something yummy with the pudding and a bar. I think butterscotch pudding and a crunchy caramel bar chopped up small on top.

The meat I think is to be weighed before cooking, but how do you do that with a whole turkey? I will measure out 6oz like you and go that route to be safe. I'm going to ask my coach tomorrow at WI. Have a great day!
I often make food from frozen so i can't measure before cooking it so i usually measure 6oz afterwards and go from there.

But has it changed recently to 8oz cause i think on my sheet it said 5oz meat and 7oz fish.

For dessert, i'm thinking of using vanilla pudding and adding some caramel syrup and i will pick up some mashmallow dip and put some on top too! Sounds yummy!

Edit: WF mashmallow dip, lol

Last edited by Busymomx4; 10-05-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Closed Thread