Old 09-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #1  

Question Iced tea as part of my water intake?

Hi,

I brewed some iced tea using tea bags. It is a decaf tea without sweetener. I did add one packet of Stevia to a 50 oz pitcher.

My question is this: may I count all or part of the 50 ounces in my daily water intake? I'd love to get my water in this way but it seems a bit too good to be true. Just so you know-- I am using the Republic of Tea brand.

Thanks!
MarBear50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/138/135

My coach says tea is fine. With caffeine I add a cup of water for every cup of tea over 1. I add Mio to my water several times a day and it makes a huge difference! I add less then recommended- but still has enough flavor to trick my taste buds.
idealamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 137/127/117

Height: 5'2"

I don't see why you couldn't count the tea as part of your water intake especially since it is decaf and the main ingredient is water There are some days (very few) when I get tired of drinking plain water and add some flavor to a bottle (luckily for me though I would rather drink water than anything else so I generally get WAY more than what I need for the program lol ) Just keep drinking as much as you can and you should see the results!

~Michelle
michelletroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

You could, but why not try to drink more as well? 50 ounces of water really isn't that much to begin with (what, like 5 cans of soda?), and part of the function of water is to clear out your system. When you have additives, even something as healthy as tea (and stevia), you're putting more chemicals in your body that need to be washed out, especially in the stevia. I know it's a more "natural" sugar replacement, but it's stilll way, way better for your kidneys if you wash that stuff out ASAP. I'd suggest not counting it toward water, and definitely don't completely replace water with it.

Last edited by kelly315; 09-11-2011 at 08:26 PM.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #5  

Default Thanks!

Thanks everyone! That was my first post and it was great to get your helpful replies. I will be drinking plenty of plain water along with my iced brewed tea!
MarBear50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:59 AM   #6  

Tea is fine enough..if that's taken in right amount. I am not too sure if caffeine is good for our health. What I use is green tea for me..to be healthy and moreover this will help you in weight loss.
Caldwiellagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:00 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelletroy View Post
I don't see why you couldn't count the tea as part of your water intake especially since it is decaf and the main ingredient is water There are some days (very few) when I get tired of drinking plain water and add some flavor to a bottle (luckily for me though I would rather drink water than anything else so I generally get WAY more than what I need for the program lol ) Just keep drinking as much as you can and you should see the results!

~Michelle
Tea is fine enough..if that's taken in right amount. I am not too sure if caffeine is good for our health. What I use is green tea for me..to be healthy and moreover this will help you in weight loss.

Last edited by Caldwiellagill; 09-24-2011 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Some extra info was to be added
Caldwiellagill is offline   Reply With Quote