Old 09-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7'

Welcome to all the newbies! I wish you all TONS of success. I read JennyDoodle's top 8 list and thinks that it's 100% accurate. So go back and read it again and then read it one more time.

Stick with this program and don't even consider cheating!
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:14 PM   #17  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Welcome to all the newbies, this is a great programs and it works. As of today I have been on IP for 20 weeks and have loss 73 lbs. This programs works IF you stay with it and don't CHEAT! If you read some of the threads you will find lots of information here, tips, suggestions, recipes, all sorts of stuff, read read and read some more.

With my coffee in the morning I drink it black but I also put some of the D'vinchie caramel syrup in it and it gives it a whole different flavor. One this I want to say is experiment with your packets. A pudding packet can turn into a shake with adding more water, Pancake mixes can turn into cookies. If you experiment with the packets you won't get bored because its always different.

Never be afraid to ask questions!!
Good luck to everyone
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Grrrr, first little whoops. I totally forgot to look at the clock and don't have time for dinner before church tonight. So, I'm sitting here eating some scrambled egg whites (my coach says they're free) since it will be a long time before I get to eat. Hopefully this will tide me over At least the fish is thawing and will be ready to pop in the oven when I get home
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6

Welcome and good luck!

This my 3rd week on IP. Before IP, I use to put lots of cream in my coffee. Now I add my mixed IP cappuccino to one cup of coffee, using a little less water to compensate for the coffee. I reheat for a few seconds in the microwave cause the cold ip mix brings cools off the coffee.

I really love the taste of good coffee, but was mostly using it for the energy boost. After getting through the first week, I have so much energy that I don't need my usual 3-4 cups to get through the work day! Now I just have my one cup with IP cappuccino for breakfast and sometimes coffee with splenda and skim in the afternoon for some variety.

One thing that's helping me is finding substitutes like this to make life feel normal. But i think it's also important to explore the new flavors and recipes in there own right so that i don't get bored or too nostalgic about outlawed foods.
stellartadpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 164/147.5/138

Hi all, my first post on this site, today was two weeks on IP, and I lost 13 lbs! It's kind of hard to believe! Just bought my second two week set of the foods, I find it so much easier when I don't have to make decisions, I can just grab the right food. Probably the hardest thing so far is when I have to have work lunches - I've had to completely not eat during at least one where it was a pasta bar for the most part - ugh.

Good luck to everyone, hope you are hanging in there! The first 5 days were the killer for me, but now I'm not even hungry....
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 164/147.5/138

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbangboom View Post
Thanks everyone for the tips and tricks. I started IP diet 1 week ago and found I had lost 6 pounds first week. Exciting!!!! However, I am having a real had time going to sleep. I'm getting 2, maybe 3 hours a night. Any tips for this? I hate taking sleeping pills as they whack me out for the rest of the next day. Help!!!
I found some "sleepytime" teas, it really helps to have a hot mug right before bed, seems to make me sleep better. Unsweetened, of course
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default First Week

I'm also a newbie, on day 5 and feeling fine. Funny thing is I feel as though I have lost weight already - probably just a side effect of hunger that I'm not use to.
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:11 AM   #23  

So How is everyone doing????
I am starting Day 6 and so far so good. There have been tough moments but not as many as I thought there would be.
Some of the food is hard to swallow, like the sweet stuff...pina colada drink, mango, lemonade...yuck
I like the crispy cereal, eggs, puddings.
I weigh in tomorrow and hope to see good results. I know its crazy, but I already feel a difference in my body......sound crazy, so soon?
How are all of you doing in your early weeks on the program??????
Lets stay strong and positive
Renee
mamarenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #24  

Good morning! I started later than expected so Im on day 3! Not noticing any difference yet. Im having a hard time with the water and finishing all my food. I get full before I finish a whole choc drink or capp drink. I havent tried anything else yet. I have the chicken soup but Im nervous about trying it. Just wondering how long it will take before I start seeing some progress?
Fluffygirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:37 AM   #25  

Thats amazing that your full before you finish the drinks!! I could probably drink 2 !!!! ;0)
Try the chicken soup. I really likes it. The tomatoe and basil wasnt too bad either. Let me know what you think!!!!!

I tried the cappuccino this mornign for the first time and its really good and nice and warm.

Renee
p.s. How much do all of you want to lose? I would be VERY happy with around 70 - 80 pounds or maybe a size 12.........
mamarenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #26  

Same here....Im looking for 70-80 lbs as well. Gonna set my goal in small increments. Im working on my water now. I had the choc drink for breakfast this morning. My plan was to have the capp but I messed it up by pouring the packet into hot coffee and it didnt dissolve correctly. It was really powdery and chalky. I wont make that mistake again!

Good luck to you and keep me posted! We can encourage each other!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #27  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to everyone just starting this program. I started 1 month ago today, and have lost 27lbs as of last week, which is amazing. and I feel great.

The best advice I can give you is to plan ahead and don't cheat!
If you work outside the home, leave a packet or rtd shake there in case you forget yours, or you get hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbangboom View Post
Thanks everyone for the tips and tricks. I started IP diet 1 week ago and found I had lost 6 pounds first week. Exciting!!!! However, I am having a real had time going to sleep. I'm getting 2, maybe 3 hours a night. Any tips for this? I hate taking sleeping pills as they whack me out for the rest of the next day. Help!!!
6lbs is awesome! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarenee View Post
So How is everyone doing????
I am starting Day 6 and so far so good. There have been tough moments but not as many as I thought there would be.
Some of the food is hard to swallow, like the sweet stuff...pina colada drink, mango, lemonade...yuck
I like the crispy cereal, eggs, puddings.
I weigh in tomorrow and hope to see good results. I know its crazy, but I already feel a difference in my body......sound crazy, so soon?
How are all of you doing in your early weeks on the program??????
Lets stay strong and positive
Renee
I still have a hard time with some of the drinks... especially the fruit ones, although the new rtd mango is awesome, tastes just like a smoothie.

I don't think it's crazy, I could totally notice a difference the first week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffygirl1976 View Post
Good morning! I started later than expected so Im on day 3! Not noticing any difference yet. Im having a hard time with the water and finishing all my food. I get full before I finish a whole choc drink or capp drink. I havent tried anything else yet. I have the chicken soup but Im nervous about trying it. Just wondering how long it will take before I start seeing some progress?
It is very important that you finish all your food or your body will take muscle, and you don't want that.

I was sick a few weeks ago and didn't eat all my packets and noticed I didn't loose well either... so it will hinder you that way also.
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #28  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

JodiM is correct, make sure you are eating all of your packets and veggies and getting all of your water in. For the fruit drinks like the lemonade and things like that try adding a packet of splenda in it and let the "foam" settle before drinking it. It taste much better after that.

You said your capp didn't dissolve correctly, what do you mean? did it stay clumpy? try adding ice next time and shake shake shake it should dissolve it better.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #29  

What I did was I added it to hot coffee instead of mixing it first with cold water. It was very powdery on top, like it didnt dissolve. I heard after the fact that it happens when you mix protein drinks with hot water. Totally ruined the packet. It wasnt even drinkable
Old 09-15-2011, 12:01 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Well just had my first weigh in today - lost 4.6 lbs. My coach said I should be having 3 packets of food a day whereas I was having one for breakfast, one for lunch and on weekends allowing myself a "restrictive" snack. That being said I have also had restrictives during the day (chili, maple oatmeal) but making sure I didn't have a snack that day.

Is everyone else having 3 packets per day? she said I probably could have lost more had I done so. I aim to loose 50 lbs

Not sure if that is a good start or not....
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote