Old 08-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #46  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

What a day... my son (3 yrs old) was at the pool last night and took in a little bit of water, coughed... No big deal. Right??

Later, when we got home, he was still coughing a little here and there and sounded hoarse. When he went to bed, he seemed fine. He woke up around 12:30am and was warm to the touch... We were in the process of finding the thermometer when he started crying, screaming, and coughing uncontrollably. He seemed to be having trouble breathing... and we were unable to console him. When we asked if it hurt, he would scream "yes!"... We called an ambulance. Fever was 102... I was afraid he had water in his lungs and had looked up "dry drowning" and was terrified.

Ambulance came, he calmed down, and was (of course) curious to check out the ambulance. They checked him out, no sound of water in the lungs, but wheezing and pretty bad cough still. They said that he was ok and we didn't go to the ER. We gave him Advil for the fever and tried to sleep...

Today we packed up and went to pediatrician. She said it was most likely a viral infection and gave us oral steroids. We are home... I am exhausted.

I still weighed 150.0 this morning, but I already had a cup of coffee in me when I decided to weigh myself so tomorrow I might be in the 140s...

And, yes... I started the daily thread this morning because I was desperate to do something that seemed "routine" amongst the madness. But I didn't have time to write down anything that was going on earlier.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 08-12-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:16 PM   #47  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
What a day... my son (3 yrs old) was at the pool last night and took in a little bit of water, coughed... No big deal. Right??

Later, when we got home, he was still coughing a little here and there and sounded hoarse. When he went to bed, he seemed fine. He woke up around 12:30am and was warm to the touch... We were in the process of finding the thermometer when he started crying, screaming, and coughing uncontrollably. He seemed to be having trouble breathing... and we were unable to console him. When we asked if it hurt, he would scream "yes!"... We called an ambulance. Fever was 102... I was afraid he had water in his lungs and had looked up "dry drowning" and was terrified.

Ambulance came, he calmed down, and was (of course) curious to check out the ambulance. They checked him out, no sound of water in the lungs, but wheezing and pretty bad cough still. They said that he was ok and we didn't go to the ER. We gave him Advil for the fever and tried to sleep...

Today we packed up and went to pediatrician. She said it was most likely a viral infection and gave us oral steroids. We are home... I am exhausted.

I still weighed 150.0 this morning, but I already had a cup of coffee in me when I decided to weigh myself so tomorrow I might be in the 140s...

And, yes... I started the daily thread this morning because I was desperate to do something that seemed "routine" amongst the madness. But I didn't have time to write down anything that was going on earlier.
How scary! I think I'd stay away from the pool with that one!.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #48  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
How scary! I think I'd stay away from the pool with that one!.
He is taking swim lessons, but won't be at his one tomorrow... we need to get over this virus first!
Old 08-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #49  

Oh, well then I guess he better be there. Water is my biggest fear and I dread summer and pool time since I'm working and my kids go with daycare. I need to be there watching them myself to feel comfortable.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

I would have done the same thing. It is scary when they are that little and can't tell you exactly what is going on. Poor baby. I hope he gets over it soon.
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

How scary, so glad he's ok.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Can I ask a personal question? We are all adults here right? Sorry if not. If you are married or in a relationship does your significant other ever mention your weight loss affecting your sex life? TMI warning: My husband told me last night that it feels like he's with a totally different woman. I asked if it was a good or bad thing and he said good but weird. Like he was cheating on me with me. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I told him, "just you wait! I'm making it to goal this time baby and then you'll love what you see!"

If you think I should remove this post, let me know. I just had to ask!
Wow what a man to actualy have non perverted thoughts about it! Sounds like you guys have a strong relationship. I know my husband is glad I have more energy for "extracurricular activities" and I not being as self concious about my body as I was before. I bet tho from their point of view it would be kinda wierd because we are slimming down faster than most diets. Huh?Never given it much thought till now...
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #53  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Wow!!! How scary! I'm glad that he's ok, and that it's just a virus, but man...terrifying beyond belief! ).-Hugs- to you and yours. May his recovery be quick, and He still enjoys the water after his recent experiences. Maybe he doesn't even connect them like you did.
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Quote:

That is my worst nightmare! I am glad he is ok!
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #55  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Thanks everyone. I just wish steroids made it possible for him to lie down and rest. Ha ha!
Old 08-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 264/254/180

Height: 5'6

Good day all!!!
So today was WI#2: 3.8lbs. Total: 8.8

I can't complain!
Hope everytime is doing well!
Also, I bought Walden Farms peanut butter. Can't wait to try it out!
fattu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #57  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

That's very scary. Glad he's okay.

I just ate my scariest packet for lunch. I've had it from the beginning but it sounded gross and I didn't know what to do with it. THE SOY PATTY.

Well I added a little minced garlic and a bit of chipotle spice and cooked it up as per the directions. I made a salad. Grilled some red and yellow peppers and brocolli. And voila - an amazing salad. I used the chipotle ranch dressing and it is absolutely delicious - like a full meal.

I;ll order it again for sure.

Oh yeah I broke up the patty so it was like a taco salad. I just wish I could have sprinkled cheese on it.

Last edited by JackieGee; 08-12-2011 at 01:41 PM.
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Can I ask a personal question? We are all adults here right? Sorry if not. If you are married or in a relationship does your significant other ever mention your weight loss affecting your sex life? TMI warning: My husband told me last night that it feels like he's with a totally different woman. I asked if it was a good or bad thing and he said good but weird. Like he was cheating on me with me. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I told him, "just you wait! I'm making it to goal this time baby and then you'll love what you see!"

If you think I should remove this post, let me know. I just had to ask!
That is so funny, my husband said almost the exact same thing to me maybe a month ago.
brandam6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #59  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
This morning I am, for lack of a better word, pi$$ed off! I had an email from my sister in law this morning because she lets me know when she weighs in because we keep each other accountable. She's lost 10.7 in 2 weeks which is great and I'm super happy for her. The next part is what made me angry. She said our sister in law and mother in law said she's looking thinner already. And they even asked her directions on how to do it themselves! This is the same sister in law that told me a couple weeks ago that this is too restrictive and there is no way she could do it she would DIE if she couldn't have the things she wants. (She's larger than both my sister in law doing the program with me and myself.) And my MIL, if you've been around awhile you probably remember her chewing my a$$ because, "SHE KNOWS ALL ABOUT THIS DIET and she doesn't like it!" She went on and on about how I'm going to age and lose my hair and this and that. And now both of them want to ask HER how to do when she's in week 3 and I'm in week 8. Not to mention I've lost 24 pounds and they haven't said a word about me looking thinner. Ugh. Some people!

Thanks for letting me rant!
They are totally pissed because you are losing.Your MIL probably didn't tell her that she knew all about the diet like she did to you. It would piss me off too but you are doing a great job and keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkib View Post
It is 62 right now and my 2 co-workers must be having wicked hot flashes because they have the air on. I on the other hand am in my office with jeans and a blanket!! I have always been the cold one out of the group but now I feel like a popcicle! They think I am nuts but after I explained the whole fat loss and most ppl are colder on this diet they just laugh and tell me I need a snuggie haha. I was so cold last night I turned on my heated mattress pad on my side of the bed. I think I will have to invest in a few pair of cuddleduds before winter for sure.

I am going to take my daughter to Monte Carlo the movie tonight. I have been promising her I would but have not felt I could handle the movie theater smell. I have confidence I can do it tho now.

I did some long and hard thinking last night and I think now is a good time to quit smoking. I was going to quit when I started this program but couldn't give up too much at once. I have been through enough stressful situations and have not gone to food so I think I can do this without eating everyting in sight. I know it will be hard but it wil be sooo worth it. If I can sit every day and watch my co-workers eat things that are so bad and actualy be kinda grossed out by it I think I will have enough will power to eventualy think ciggs are nasty too. Wish me luck everyone
Here is wishing you luck to quit smoking, you can do it just like you are staying OP!...GOOD LUCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougogirl99 View Post
Hi Everyone,
I need a little help from my IP friends...

I know I shouldn't let what people say hurt my feelings or get in my head but when it's your own mother...that's easier said than done. My mom started IP last month and lost 5 lbs total. So she is frustrated but she's honest about cheating almost every day and continuing to eat ice cream, donuts and add simple sugars to every meal. When she complains, I have been just listening and only giving input when she asks for it. I don't want to come across as judgmental.

So over the last 2 weeks, she has been making snide comments like "you're losing too much weight" and "you're too skinny". I have just brushed them off and figured that those things were said out of frustration and maybe a little jealously. But this morning, was the end of the road...I went over to her house for a planned visit and she had baked brownies and had a dozen freaking donuts out on the kitchen table. Then she had the gaul to offer me some and when I said "no thank you", she sat down and started eating. She knows my weaknesses and it came across to calculating and just plain mean.

I didn't give in although Man, I wanted to. I know I'm in ketosis right now and I don't want to break it.

How am I to deal with my own Mother? Has anyone already dealt with a similar issue and if so, how did you rationalize it?
Please help.

P.S. I will never act like her toward my own daughters.
Your mom is not as committed as you are. Seems to me she is a little jealous of you and how far you have come. I would do as the other poster said, sit her down and let her know your feelings and that just because she cheats doesn't mean you will. You have made the choice to stick to it and I give you props for that, along with the rest of us. My mom is my number one support system, she is 3 hours away but i am on the phone or facebook all day long. I am thankful for that! You have your head in the right place and you will do great, keep up the wonderful job you are doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattu View Post
Good day all!!!
So today was WI#2: 3.8lbs. Total: 8.8

I can't complain!
Hope everytime is doing well!
Also, I bought Walden Farms peanut butter. Can't wait to try it out!
AWESOME job on the weigh in BUT don't get to excited about the WF peanut butter....its not good

As far as for me, its going to be a day of running around paying bills...fun right?.....hahaha.....its going to be another hot one here that is for sure. The humidity is high today, oh well that is what I get for living in the south! Have a great day!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
That is so funny, my husband said almost the exact same thing to me maybe a month ago.
Good to know! He was still commenting about it this morning so it left some kind of impression on him I guess. I've lost this much weight before but over a much longer time period. The most I've lost is 27 and that was in 4 or 5 months so it must not have been as noticeable. It took me off guard but in a good way I guess.