S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

LOL I wondered what would happen to that word. LOL Hint: It started with a B
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:46 PM   #152  
On my last diet

Well I tried my dark chocolate pudding cake with peppermint extract. I think I put too much extract in. It's strong and unfortunately not that great. what a disappointment.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:31 PM   #153  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Just stopping to say hello!

Some of you remember me , for those of you that don't, I started IP in 2009 and have been active in the boards until a few months ago. I was trying to go for a second round of weight loss early this year when some family matters and issues arose. I didn't feel focused and never did that round. I am at a place where I want to do this NOW!

I will be around more often and want to say how impressive and inspirational all the success I am seeing among the IP members. You all are really doing great and hearing your successes and sharing in this process is EXACTLY what I need right now.

I will probably post more in the experienced forum and drop by on the other threads or lurk.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and I look forward to getting to know you all or, get reacquainted!
Welcome back Carla we missed you, glad you are here.

So I was visiting with one of my clients yesterday and she goes oh my god Joanne.. and comes over and grabs my upper arm... I said Yes I know that is my loose skin isn't it nice? She also has told me politely it is time to give my girls a boost. (okay so I went out and bought a new bra today)...

Another client was visiting the office yesterday and asked one of my friends Is Joanne okay, and my friend said yes. why. He said she is getting too skinny.

I love my friends, I met one today at the offleash and she didn't recognize me. (she does say that every time she sees me). She is so happy for me and is more excited than I am that I wear size 8. Well to make a long story short, she makes Jewelery (Pandora bracelets) and she is having a party next saturday and she wants me to come over and they are going to put me in clothes and change my makeup and I guess I will be modeling for them...

Which brings me to wondering, when do you know when you have reached your goal? Because we all pick random goals how do we know? My goal of 140 is just because I have never been there and it is the top part of the BMI scale for my height. Do we hit our goal when our loose skin tightens up (read the myth about loose skin online) or do we go by when people think we are too skinny? As I haven't been skinny since grade 2, I don't even know what it feels like to be skinny.. I still have a big stomach, (can't see my ribs yet) but I wear smaller clothing. I still feel like the fat girl and I haven't changed how I feel. The mirror shows a me, but what do we really see when we look in the mirror? Me I see my face is skinny, my shoulder and collarbone are quite bony.. and of course I have lost a few bra sizes, but other than that I see fat. I just hope soon that my vision and my mind both see the real me. Have a great weekend, 2 more days left of bootcamp, I must say that I haven't missed the restricted items... but I eat a lot of chocolate puddings for sure... love them as a fudgicle, they make 4 of them... yum

Have a great weekend.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:44 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 175.2/170.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey all....hope everyone is having a good weekend!

NSV: last night and tonight I wore jeans that I havent been able to get on since April/May! They not only fit but were comfortable!

So hubby and I went to a BBQ contest today. The advertisement stated that there would be food vendors there so hubby and I were thinking that we might atleast be able to sample some smoked chicken or BBQ beef brisket. We got there late and could indeed smell the BBQ ( and god knows I LOVE good BBQ) but the only vendors still available were hot dog vendors...yeah, not so much.
My wonderful hubby suggests going to Famous Daves. No problem I thought, I can eat there and still stay on IP. When I ordered the smoked chicken and broccoli I was told that they were out of the chicken completely and would have to wait 40 minutes before they had more that they could pull out of the smoker and cook. So then out of my mouth comes " Texas beef brisket sandwich, fries and a side of ranch"...then the waiter turns around and walks away! Way to go, I said to myself. Well needless to say I ate what I ordered and had pie and ice cream for dessert.

The bad part of the eveing: I had my first cheat in almost 6 weeks on IP....the good part: I know that it really wasnt worth it and dont feel the need to repeat the cheat or prolong it. Tomorrow is a new day and Tuesday starts week 6 for me. I fell down, picked myself back up, dusted myself off and will start again tomorrow. Im human and Im ok with that....

With that being said; Congrats to Wuv and everyone else who didnt blow it this weekend,,,, you rock!
MJKinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:54 AM   #155  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Hello world, its me again from the South, Its raining here today so the humidity will be even higher later this afternoon. I have a going away party to go to tonight for my son and his best friend. They are leaving to go off to college in the morning. This is my son's second year but his best friends first year and his mom is throwing him a "bash". My son told her that I need a plain salad and 8 oz of meat and that is all i will eat unless she is grilling veggies as well. He said she will bring her water, she will not drink any wine so don't offer it to her. Guess he took care of me right? So we will see what tonight brings

This mom is one of the Barbie types and always looks and talks down to me. I work hard for everything I have, where as its all given to her on a silver platter. I have not seen her in about 6 months so we will see what her reaction is tonight.
I read her reaction and i could not believe the nerve of that women!! Seriously!!! but hey..it sounds like your son is just a sweetie!! He knows how to take care of his mama and watch out for her which is very admirable!!! I bet that barbie doll doesnt have a son like that!! Judging by her heart of ice i would say she doesnt.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:07 AM   #156  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Well i must say.. i am quite proud of myself.. I attended a wedding last night and im on day 2 again..cause i had to re-start and i was dying for food..so hungry...but i stuck to my chocolate covered soy balls and then in the buffet line only put 2 cups of greek salad on my plate and luckily it had minimal cheese and minimal tomato..it was mostly raw onion and peppers of all sorts..and it just made me so happy to see myself eating on plan as best as possible in the middle of a wedding reception when there was stuff all around.. I found myself rather amused watching several people around me getting punch drunk..they were drinking quite a bit..and eating lots..there plates were piled with greasy fatty carby food..and i felt good about my salad.. i was rather content..and it tasted so fresh.. I rewarded myself tonight when i got home from the wedding reception with a faux float.. I mixed a glass of ice and diet rite cola(splenda sweetned) with an ounce of skim milk..it made it taste like a coke float!! it was a great little treat at the end of my day...and what a unique way to use my 1 ounce of dairy..considering that i dont drink coffee or tea..

The part i must admit, that made me feel good..was watching my hunny's boss's girlfriend eat and eat and eat..She had a baby not long after me ..and ive been trying to lose the weight ever since..and she came in and looked like she had put on several pounds and her stomach looked rather..pregnant for someone who had a kid 7 months ago..Ever notice when people gain weight...they gain it in there face? and there face looks chubbier?? Well that was what my face looked like..but now i see some of my cheeckbones coming back out as my face is thinning out..I guess my point is..to be sitting next to "the most beautiful women in most guys eyes" and yet to feel beautiful just knowing that my face has thinned out and im in control of my eating more and im not shoving bad stuff in my mouth...well..it made me feel rather great..and for the first time.. i didnt feel like a little piggy at a party..I felt rather like a lady instead..Oh and did i mention i squeezed myself into a size 14 skirt tonight instead of my usual size 18 jeans?? thats right..i wore my 14...it was a little tight..but had it been a 16.. it would have fit perfectly..so..i know now im finally seeing the results in my clothes..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:06 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

150's!!! YAY!!!

This morning I stepped on the scale and it was 159.0! I was so excited I weighed myself about 5 times to be sure.

When I turned 16 and got my license, and they asked for my weight, I said I weighed 155, and it was a LIE. A BIG LIE. So I know I haven't been this weight since 15 or even younger at least. That feels amazing.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:29 AM   #158  
On my last diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Well i must say.. i am quite proud of myself.. I attended a wedding last night and im on day 2 again..cause i had to re-start and i was dying for food..so hungry...but i stuck to my chocolate covered soy balls and then in the buffet line only put 2 cups of greek salad on my plate and luckily it had minimal cheese and minimal tomato..it was mostly raw onion and peppers of all sorts..and it just made me so happy to see myself eating on plan as best as possible in the middle of a wedding reception when there was stuff all around.. I found myself rather amused watching several people around me getting punch drunk..they were drinking quite a bit..and eating lots..there plates were piled with greasy fatty carby food..and i felt good about my salad.. i was rather content..and it tasted so fresh.. I rewarded myself tonight when i got home from the wedding reception with a faux float.. I mixed a glass of ice and diet rite cola(splenda sweetned) with an ounce of skim milk..it made it taste like a coke float!! it was a great little treat at the end of my day...and what a unique way to use my 1 ounce of dairy..considering that i dont drink coffee or tea..

The part i must admit, that made me feel good..was watching my hunny's boss's girlfriend eat and eat and eat..She had a baby not long after me ..and ive been trying to lose the weight ever since..and she came in and looked like she had put on several pounds and her stomach looked rather..pregnant for someone who had a kid 7 months ago..Ever notice when people gain weight...they gain it in there face? and there face looks chubbier?? Well that was what my face looked like..but now i see some of my cheeckbones coming back out as my face is thinning out..I guess my point is..to be sitting next to "the most beautiful women in most guys eyes" and yet to feel beautiful just knowing that my face has thinned out and im in control of my eating more and im not shoving bad stuff in my mouth...well..it made me feel rather great..and for the first time.. i didnt feel like a little piggy at a party..I felt rather like a lady instead..Oh and did i mention i squeezed myself into a size 14 skirt tonight instead of my usual size 18 jeans?? thats right..i wore my 14...it was a little tight..but had it been a 16.. it would have fit perfectly..so..i know now im finally seeing the results in my clothes..
Wow good for you for staying OP during the reception - and during only the second day of being back on track when it's so easy to be sideswiped. Nice that the evidence was right there to keep yuu motivated - not only fitting into smaller clothes but seeing the difference between you and the other woman. Way to go!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #159  
On my last diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
150's!!! YAY!!!

This morning I stepped on the scale and it was 159.0! I was so excited I weighed myself about 5 times to be sure.

When I turned 16 and got my license, and they asked for my weight, I said I weighed 155, and it was a LIE. A BIG LIE. So I know I haven't been this weight since 15 or even younger at least. That feels amazing.
Oh that's funny. I guess we all have our ways of remembering what our weight was - or wasn't - at different points in time. 2riderollercoaster had a very thought provoking post.

I know that when my son was a baby, I joined WW and when I reached 125 I took a photo of me posing all muscle guy like. Well you can see I have a belly and a roll around my middle. People always say 125 - remember you're older and you won't ever be as small as you used to be. Well I didn't used to be small!

Even so I have no idea what I would look like if I lost weight down to even under 150 because I havent' been there in so long. And since that weight I've had a breast reduction so my shape is completely different (that was many decades ago and they were ginormous). I also have two new knees that weight almost 4 pounds each! So god only knows what my best weight is.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:51 AM   #160  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
150's!!! YAY!!!

This made me laugh. Mine has always said 160 and I know when I got mine, we can get them in SD at 14 but I was 15, I was at least 15 pounds more than that. And I thought I was so fat then. I'm about there now and I am loving how I'm starting to look. The smallest I've ever seen on the scale was 163 and that was probably about 3 years ago. (It was also on my scale that read about 6 pounds less than every other scale I stepped on so I doubt I actually weighed that.) I have to renew mine next year and that's good because for once I won't have to lie! I may want to do it sooner so it doesn't say MORE than i actually am for once.

Oh, and congrats on the 150's. I can't wait!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #161  

Height: 5'4"

Bummed out this morning. I am the same weight as my Thursday weigh in STILL! I did let myself have a propel zero again last night because we were at a bbq with friends and everyone was drinking and I thought I'd have something with a little spunk. NO MORE! Could this be what's stalling me? If so, I'm bummed because it's a nice change from water. I can't do Mio anymore because the chemical after taste. Maybe twice a week will be ok rather than 4 days in a row.

We played bean bags or corn hole or whatever you may call it and my SIL (the one on the program) and I kicked butt! My protective hubby got a little insecure when he caught other guys checking my butt out when I bent over to pick my bags up off the ground but I told him to be happy I'm his rather than freak about it. He got over it. We were the only girls to play and we beat 4 different teams of men. One we even beat twice because they demanded a rematch. Today my right butt muscle is so sore I can barely walk. I must have some sort of weird form when I throw because that has to be what it's from. Kinda sad. I brought a bar and ate it during one of the games and my SIL went to her car and ate hers. I told her not to be ashamed or embarrassed but whatever works for her I guess. I don't think she wanted people to think she was eating a candy bar or something.

I am almost done with my coffee/shake for the day which is good because maybe I will eat better today. Yesterday looked like this:
9:30 Shake/Coffee
2:00 Shake
5:00 4oz protein and 2 cups veggies
9:00 Bar

Not good! I am a horrible weekend eater. I'd go all day without eating if I could I'm sure.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:10 AM   #162  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
150's!!! YAY!!!

Congratulations!!

The state of VA doesn't ask weight... Must've been a woman who came up with that rule. I wouldn't mind writing down my weight right now. Sad that when I go to get mine renewed before birthday this year that I won't be able to tell everyone.

I realized a similar thing to other day. I remember being 180lbs in 7th grade. The lowest weight I remember being was 155 in high school. So, at 149 (not official yet), I am the lowest weight I have ever been since I started keeping track of my weight.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:10 AM   #163  
ms.lisa

S/C/G: 256/158/140

Height: 5'1"

wuv, you are awesome.
lisa
matolmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #164  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post

YOU noticed what I have been saying all along....your body is changing and you will see it without the numbers moving. Your face is thinning out and you can tell now that is great. Keep up with the staying OP, it does work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Bummed out this morning. I am the same weight as my Thursday weigh in STILL! I did let myself have a propel zero again last night because we were at a bbq with friends and everyone was drinking and I thought I'd have something with a little spunk. NO MORE! Could this be what's stalling me? If so, I'm bummed because it's a nice change from water. I can't do Mio anymore because the chemical after taste. Maybe twice a week will be ok rather than 4 days in a row.

We played bean bags or corn hole or whatever you may call it and my SIL (the one on the program) and I kicked butt! My protective hubby got a little insecure when he caught other guys checking my butt out when I bent over to pick my bags up off the ground but I told him to be happy I'm his rather than freak about it. He got over it. We were the only girls to play and we beat 4 different teams of men. One we even beat twice because they demanded a rematch. Today my right butt muscle is so sore I can barely walk. I must have some sort of weird form when I throw because that has to be what it's from. Kinda sad. I brought a bar and ate it during one of the games and my SIL went to her car and ate hers. I told her not to be ashamed or embarrassed but whatever works for her I guess. I don't think she wanted people to think she was eating a candy bar or something.

I am almost done with my coffee/shake for the day which is good because maybe I will eat better today. Yesterday looked like this:
9:30 Shake/Coffee
2:00 Shake
5:00 4oz protein and 2 cups veggies
9:00 Bar

Not good! I am a horrible weekend eater. I'd go all day without eating if I could I'm sure.

I see you are only eating 4 ozs of protein why don't you up it to 6oz. You may not be getting enough protein.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:15 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

[QUOTE=ItsAboutTime;3989392]Bummed out this morning. I am the same weight as my Thursday weigh in STILL! I did let myself have a propel zero again last night because we were at a bbq with friends and everyone was drinking and I thought I'd have something with a little spunk. NO MORE! Could this be what's stalling me? If so, I'm bummed because it's a nice change from water. I can't do Mio anymore because the chemical after taste. Maybe twice a week will be ok rather than 4 days in a row.

This same thing happens to me every week. I go 4-5 days without losing a pound, then I lose a pound a day for 3-4 days. Weird. I guess that's why lots of people don't weigh themselves daily. Personally, I can't help myself, but I don't let the 4-5 day stall bother me anymore.
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote