Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Ladies for all your tips and stories on maintaining your weight loss.
I phased off in Feb. 2011 at 121, my lowest weight and I am now up at 126.7. I'm obsessed about getting it back off as I gave myself a 5lb weight gain and realize we are supposed to gain back 3-5 after phasing off. I'm grateful as I can be to be obsessing over 5-6 pounds and do something about it now, rather than 20 lbs later, something I already have proven to be good at, so why prove it again :0)
Thing is, I really liked the way I felt at 121.
I'm back watching my food on stricter maintainance protocol.
Here's what started not working for me as a kind of "cons" list to the great "pro" list I just read on this thread.
-I wasn't eating in a timely manner and was starting to have large dinners again.
- I was not drinking enough water and slacked on and off my vitamins.
-I was starting to graze and not stick to 3 squares and two snacks.
-Probably caught a few more "buzzes" as someone put it last 2 weeks on vacation. That would lead to more sweets.
-Started blurring my treat days and not balancing them out with less either over the same day or strict ph.1 the next day.
--In other words, being left to my own devices, making BS up and getting further away from program.

So with my confession I have planned my ph.1 re-boot for November. In the meantime I have started practicing more vigilance and ordered from Nashua yesterday, especially for my breakfasts. If I start the day well, the rest goes better as well.
Thanks for all your posts. I could not do this without sharing with everyone.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #137  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Hi! So what does everyone have for their snacks during the day? I'm at a loss for those and find myself going to grab a spoonfull of peanut butter. Can y'all share your snack choices with me?
Thanks!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:13 PM   #138  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
Cap

You're right...I do track using MFP. I forgot that. I try to keep my carbs <100/day.
Just curious, what are your typical total calories on Maintenance?
Old 09-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #139  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all! Thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing!! Hubby and I are happily in maintenance somewhere around week two.

So far so good!! We are both amazed at how well this is going!! We are not counting calories, but we are definitely watching what we're eating and making better choices! Last weekend we had our first "treat" night. Drinks and pizza....YUM!! It took about 3 days to take the weight off (I think I gained 5 pounds...if you want to call it weight gain that is). Hubby and I did Phase 1 for 2 days afterwards and then went back to maintenance after that. We are trying to have our "fats" at lunch and "carbs" at dinner and that seems to work for us. I still have a Phase 3 breakfast, and sometimes a protein bar for a mid-morning snack. For lunch....I have gone out about 3 times this past week....a couple times had buffalo chix salad (not breaded and no croutons) with bleu cheese dressing. Another day I had meatloaf, with two sides of broccoli!! I am sooo happy I can still go out with the ladies for lunch and enjoy what I'm eating without feeling guilty!! For dinner we have been doing pasta with sauce, or chix with veggies...maybe a sweet potato!! One night I had some cereal for dinner...followed by a shake for some protein (because I didn't feel like cooking and wasn't really hungry).
Last night we had another "treat" nite...pizza and drinks again (Hubby said to me....next week let's have something besides pizza....LOL....what can I say...it's my addition)!!! So today we are back on Phase 1. The scale says I'm only up 2 this time (oh yeah....had ice cream for dessert too). Tomorrow we're going back to maintenance, but my coach says just to "watch" the carbs for a day or two until the pounds come off.
I am so happy with how my clothes are fitting (and at the new reflection I see in the mirror), that I am motivated to keep the weight off! No more elastic wait bands for me!! LOL!! As always ....I am THRILLED with IP!! It has changed my LIFE!!! Best wishes to all!!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #140  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLoMN View Post
Just curious, what are your typical total calories on Maintenance?
I just plugged in my weight, activity level and the fact that I wanted to maintain. MFP says I need to eat between 1500-1600 cal/day and that seems to work.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #141  

S/C/G: IP160/131/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Hi all! Thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing!! Hubby and I are happily in maintenance somewhere around week two.

So far so good!! We are both amazed at how well this is going!! We are not counting calories, but we are definitely watching what we're eating and making better choices! Last weekend we had our first "treat" night. Drinks and pizza....YUM!! It took about 3 days to take the weight off (I think I gained 5 pounds...if you want to call it weight gain that is). Hubby and I did Phase 1 for 2 days afterwards and then went back to maintenance after that. We are trying to have our "fats" at lunch and "carbs" at dinner and that seems to work for us. I still have a Phase 3 breakfast, and sometimes a protein bar for a mid-morning snack. For lunch....I have gone out about 3 times this past week....a couple times had buffalo chix salad (not breaded and no croutons) with bleu cheese dressing. Another day I had meatloaf, with two sides of broccoli!! I am sooo happy I can still go out with the ladies for lunch and enjoy what I'm eating without feeling guilty!! For dinner we have been doing pasta with sauce, or chix with veggies...maybe a sweet potato!! One night I had some cereal for dinner...followed by a shake for some protein (because I didn't feel like cooking and wasn't really hungry).
Last night we had another "treat" nite...pizza and drinks again (Hubby said to me....next week let's have something besides pizza....LOL....what can I say...it's my addition)!!! So today we are back on Phase 1. The scale says I'm only up 2 this time (oh yeah....had ice cream for dessert too). Tomorrow we're going back to maintenance, but my coach says just to "watch" the carbs for a day or two until the pounds come off.
I am so happy with how my clothes are fitting (and at the new reflection I see in the mirror), that I am motivated to keep the weight off! No more elastic wait bands for me!! LOL!! As always ....I am THRILLED with IP!! It has changed my LIFE!!! Best wishes to all!!
It is so great to hear about your experience with P4!

Wednesday is DH's birthday and my first cheat day. It worked out nicely that it is his birthday and we both can have cake and ice cream. I am so excited to be able to have the social part of eating back in my life -- the rules seem a little sketchy to me, but with everything you all have said and drilling my coach about what is allowed, I hope to be able to make the right choices. It will be very strange to not see my coach every week -- I think I will see her next week, two weeks after that and then two months after that. Not sure where this journey will take me -- I've always gained the weight back -- hopefully not this time! Even in P3, it just seems impossible to eat that much food for breakfast (lunch and dinner) and not gain the weight back -- sort of unreal.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #142  
started 2/22/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Loser View Post
It is so great to hear about your experience with P4!

Wednesday is DH's birthday and my first cheat day. It worked out nicely that it is his birthday and we both can have cake and ice cream. I am so excited to be able to have the social part of eating back in my life -- the rules seem a little sketchy to me, but with everything you all have said and drilling my coach about what is allowed, I hope to be able to make the right choices. It will be very strange to not see my coach every week -- I think I will see her next week, two weeks after that and then two months after that. Not sure where this journey will take me -- I've always gained the weight back -- hopefully not this time! Even in P3, it just seems impossible to eat that much food for breakfast (lunch and dinner) and not gain the weight back -- sort of unreal.
Happy Bday to your Hubby!!! Enjoy your CAKE!!

I am with you....it does seem impossible to eat so much food and not gain the weight back!! Hubby and I are still waiting for that " 2 -5 lb weight gain" to happen. We are hoping that with the combination of eating properly and exercising regularly we'll have a fighting chance to remain at our ideal weight!!
I honestly think it all has to do with "resting your pancreas" and then retraining it to release just enough insulin , and have your cells use the food as energy so it doesn't get stored as fat. At least that's my understanding anyway! I pray that this is the last time I will deal with taking "off" the weight EVER again!! Good luck to you and yours!!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:07 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

(This has been Cross-Posted in the Experienced thread, sorry if you see 2x)

I was wondering if you experienced IP'ers could help me with the PH3 breakfast planning -just a couple of questions.

1) Is it ok to use soy milk as your dairy? I really just prefer it

2) How do you have a grain/fruit and yogurt without too many carbs
It seems with the grain and fruit I have 50 carbs but I am having a hard time finding a low carb yogurt that won't bring the total too high? How do you deal with this.

3)Also, I don't want to have eggs everyday I know I will get sick of them. What are some ways you add the dairy and protein, besides bacon without adding too much carbs sugar (and fat) like in cottage cheese and yogurt

Thank you so much if you can help
Old 09-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #144  

When you get done with P3 and have reset your body and such can you go back to a shake in your coffee at breakfast for P4? I'm not a big breakfast person and when I look at P3 I get worried about the food and making the time for it and I love the grab and go I get with the shake during the week. I can see myself doing the breakfast on the weekends because I kinda miss eating food at breakfast when I'm home. I keep telling myself P3 is only 14 days and if I can eat this little for as long as I have 14 days will be nothing! Anyone still doing an IP packet at breakfast in maintenance instead of all the food? Thanks!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #145  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Thanks for sharing, this makes me feel it can be done once I am in maintenance. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #146  
started 2/22/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Keep up the good work.
Right back atchya'!!!! Just noticed you're at 155!! WOW!!! You go girl!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 07:54 PM   #147  
started 2/22/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post

I was wondering if you experienced IP'ers could help me with the PH3 breakfast planning -just a couple of questions.

It seems with the grain and fruit I have 50 carbs but I am having a hard time finding a low carb yogurt that won't bring the total too high? How do you deal with this.

3)Also, I don't want to have eggs everyday I know I will get sick of them. What are some ways you add the dairy and protein, besides bacon without adding too much carbs sugar (and fat) like in cottage cheese and yogurt

1)Yup...you can!!
2)My sheet says "no more than 120 calories from Dairy (this would be 8 oz of lo fat plain yogurt). It doesn't say specifically how many carbs to have....so I go by the calories. And....I usually just have 8 oz of skim milk because I missed it so much!!
3)Hmmmm...cereal/milk and add a protein shake? Pancakes with a bit of egg whites added for protein (and/or maybe a pork chop...which is one of the IP suggestions)? Peanut butter on toast (just watch the total fat and keep it under 15 grams for the whole meal).

Hope that kinda helps.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
1)Yup...you can!!
2)My sheet says "no more than 120 calories from Dairy (this would be 8 oz of lo fat plain yogurt). It doesn't say specifically how many carbs to have....so I go by the calories. And....I usually just have 8 oz of skim milk because I missed it so much!!
3)Hmmmm...cereal/milk and add a protein shake? Pancakes with a bit of egg whites added for protein (and/or maybe a pork chop...which is one of the IP suggestions)? Peanut butter on toast (just watch the total fat and keep it under 15 grams for the whole meal).

Hope that kinda helps.
Thank you! Do you keep track of sugar totals in your items too or disregard that? I just realized there is no max on sugar listed?
Old 09-13-2011, 05:30 AM   #149  
started 2/22/11

Quote:
Thank you! Do you keep track of sugar totals in your items too or disregard that? I just realized there is no max on sugar listed?
Hmmmm.....I guess I basically just follow the guidelines, staying within the alotted carbs, calories and fat. Best wishes!
Old 09-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #150  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Quote:

Make sure your soy milk is not sweetened but it is otherwise OK.

My breakfast was always:

6 oz greek yogurt - 7 carbs, 15 protein (sweetened with Starbucks SF vanilla syrup)
2 slices sprouted bread - 26 carbs, 24 protein(with CBNB spray, splenda & cinnamon
Small apple ~19 carbs

That was always plenty of food for me.
Closed Thread