Old 07-08-2011, 11:59 PM   #1  

Default Considering This Plan- couple questions

Next Tuesday I meet with someone to explain the program to me.
I have been reading reviews all over the place.
I only 25 lbs to lose, so I am wondering if it really will only take me about 2 months to do that, which is what they are "telling" me?

I guess I was thinking that those of us that have less to lose, loss it slower?

Also, will this diet make me cranky? I am a stay at home mom and really don't want to be on edge for long periods of time.

I have read differing things about exercise- do we or don't we?
Right now I do a little T-Tapp and walk a couple times a week, not too much, i was hoping to do more eventually.

Last question is about the protein- I can't do soy very well, it gives me stomach aches if I do large quantities. I can handle some, but not lots. So will this be an issue. I asked the owner and she said there are other options, but it didn't sound like there was as much. I am wanting my diet to be as varied as possible for the enjoyment factor.

Thanks so much!
Hislamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #2  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

25 in 2 months is feasable, but I'd say about 10 weeks on phase 1. Then 2 on phases 2 and 3, then maintenance. I lost 25 in one month, though I had more to lose.

I stay home with my kids, too, and am happier. Well. The first three days can be rough, as can tom. I'm also more emotional.

As for the soy, the protein is a highly digestible one. In an egg white, there are about 20g protein. We can process and digest half of that. We digest between 85-90% of the protein in our packets, which keeps us from losing muscle mass and ultimately slowing our metabolism. It depends on the types of soy that bothers you. Edamame, soy milk, tofu, etc. are all very different from what we eat. My tummy gets upset sometimes but I look on the positive side that at least I'm not getting the big C.

Good luck to you!
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:15 AM   #3  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Oh, and if you're already exercising, you can continue, but will need to add a drink after, to stave off extreme fatigue and your body eating the muscle, which can include heart muscle. I don't know why T-Tapp is, but maybe just walking the first week, and bring it back the next at a low level?
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Like Jolie said, I would plan on closer to 3 months, which is still amazing. There are going to be some slower weeks and some faster weeks. Also, the closer you get to your goal weight the slower the weight will probably come off. And since you don't really have that much to lose, you might be averaging 2-2.5 pounds per week.

Since you are already exercising, you can keep up your routine. I personally have found that I have better losses on weeks that I exercise than weeks that I don't. I was exercising for years before starting IP. You will need to have a 4th packet to supplement for the exercise. A typical day for me looks like this:

B: IP Packet
L: Salad, 2 cups veggies, 5-8 oz. chicken or lean beef
S: IP Packet
Work out (5:30-6:30 pm)
Post WO snack: IP Packet
D: Salad, 2 cups veggies, IP Packet

I would not worry too much about the soy in the products. Before IP I could not tolerate whey protein (immediately after having a shake, I would be running for the bathroom) but the whey in these products do now have that effect on me. You might want to specifically avoid the soy patty or the soy balls, but as far as the majority of the drinks and puddings, I would think you will be fine. Also, you might want to consider probiotics or digestive enzymes to help aid in digestion.

In my experience, it took me 5-6 days to work through the crabbiness and the carb cravings. Although I ate healthy carbs (sweet potatoes, fruit, brown rice, quinoa) I was very addicted to them and it took me longer than most to work them out of my system. In the end, once you get past the first week, you will notice that you are happier, have more energy and are less hungry and have virtually no cravings. You just have to keep telling yourself to make it through the rough patch.

One more thing, I do not know if you have tried other diets in the past, but I have and this is by far the best diet I have ever done. I am losing weight at a rate I have never been able to do before. I am also losing FAT. My clothes fit better at my current weight than they did when I weighed 10 pounds less in the past. I am losing inches like mad, and in the end, isn't that what we all want? I highly recommend this diet and hope that you decide to do it. I don't think you will be sorry.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #5  
IP start: July 3 2011

S/C/G: 133/120/110-115

Height: 5'2

Hey H.

Just wanted to let you know, it's been one week since I've been on IP. I too, only have about 20 lbs to loose, but they are definitely going to be challenging. My coach said it would take me about till the end of summer to be completed. That was just an estimate. As of this week I'm down 5.5 lbs, and definitely feel good. The first couple days were tough, I had some headaches, but when day 3 came along it was a breeze. I'm on 3 packets a day, and not exercising. This week I plan on going for 30min, 2km walks, in hopes to get a little more of a weight loss boost for my second week.

Personally, I could always loose at least 5-7 lbs on my own, doing regular exercising and more Healthy eating, so from now on in will be the most rewarding and exciting weight loss using IP. I do hope you join as it would be great to have another buddy to help and encourage along the way!
Skurzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: IP160/131/130

I agree with Jennydoodle and Skurzy. It's the best diet plan I've been on -- but the first few days were very, very rough. I couldn't even eat the food that I was supposed to -- I was nausious and had the headache from heck. But, when I got through it -- I felt great. In retrospect, it was all worth it.

I have a goal of 31 pounds to lose and after the first two weeks (I lost 12 pounds) my body has started to adjust and the weight loss is slowing down.

This forum is a life saver -- I found great ideas, helpful hints and recipies out here. It's a great support system! My coach kind of stinks -- so this is where I spend most of my time looking for answers.

I'm planning on three to four months before I hit goal -- I'm not gaining the weight back. I lost almost as much weight on IP in three to four weeks than I did in six months with another plan. So . . . I'm pretty impressed with IP.

Good luck!
Lone Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #7  
OP 6/5/11

S/C/G: 252/197/195

Height: 6'3"

I can pretty much echo the comments above. I'm starting my sixth week today and this morning I was 24+ pounds down. At nearly 5 lbs per week, I'm more than pleased.

I did not experience too many problems the first week - I was in class the first two weeks and really didn't have time to think about the diet too much - maybe keeping busy is the answer?

I have had some interesting gastric effects - I think from eating so much Romaine and Kale - the Kale (steamed) especially. Sorry if that is TMI.

Overall, I don't really have too many cravings - I am able to withstand the grocery store bakery aisle and the big plates of home made cookies after church service, and that is an accomplishment for me. Even the July 4th holiday weekend went well. I attribute that all to the adequate amount of protein, the veggies and copious quantities of lettuce and the vitamin supplements have to help as well.

I think the biggest deal with this diet is there is little room for cheating. Because the goal is to stay in ketosis and burn the fat while saving the muscle - random cheats that knock you out of ketosis slows progress and forces you to go through the carb withdrawl again. That is not to say that we all don't slip up now and again - of course we do - but there has to be a commitment to seriously following the protocol for this program to be at it's most effective - at lease that is how I see it - and I could always be wrong!

Oh, and one more thing. I do have to admit that the tiny morsel of communion bread that I have every week is quite delicious - this morning it was a whole wheat roll!

Good luck and stay strong!

Last edited by kellyg53; 07-10-2011 at 05:44 PM.
kellyg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: IP160/131/130

10-4 on the communion bread kellyg53! I felt like that was cheat -- but I thought "put your priorities where they belong!" -- if the good Lord wills it, then no harm done!
Lone Loser is offline   Reply With Quote