Old 07-04-2011, 11:45 PM   #1  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Default Emotional Eating after a big success?

Here I am...didn't eat any off plan food for the fourth parties, my favorite guilt ridden choices all there.
now, home late in the evening, I feel happy I kept on plan but with unhappiness between hubby and me, I want to eat it all away. I know that won't help but it has in the past, been what made me feel comforted.
Now I want to make my weight loss goal for me, but oh how hard it is getting as I feel like I am eating the same meals over and over.

sometimes i guess it's normal to get discouraged.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:01 AM   #2  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Oh i know how you feel..

I myself have been there just the other night..Troubles with the hunny..and the first thing you want to do is pull up the bed covers, watch a sappy movie and eat all the carbs in the world...I understand..

But you know what!!! You are waaaaaay stronger then that and this matters more to you then eating one night of comfort foods..I understand discouragement..and its okay to be discouraged...BUT its not okay to eat for comfort! And if you have to eat anything..then choose a pickle or an egg white..but really... i suggest you go to bed..cause sometimes a good sleep will make us feeel way better
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

You are doing this for you, not him, so eating junk will not help YOU out at all. I agree with grabbing a pickle or so sliced cucumber or something. Crunchy and satisfying but still ok. Hang in there! You can do it.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #4  
Freedom from Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Oh i know how you feel..

I myself have been there just the other night..Troubles with the hunny..and the first thing you want to do is pull up the bed covers, watch a sappy movie and eat all the carbs in the world...I understand..

But you know what!!! You are waaaaaay stronger then that and this matters more to you then eating one night of comfort foods..I understand discouragement..and its okay to be discouraged...BUT its not okay to eat for comfort! And if you have to eat anything..then choose a pickle or an egg white..but really... i suggest you go to bed..cause sometimes a good sleep will make us feeel way better
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 02:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 365/TICKER/300

Height: 5'10"

I have been in the same boat: doing great, eating OP, then running into trouble with my hubby and feeling like I need to stuff my face in carbs. It's not his fault, it's mine. I need to find better ways of dealing with my stress (ways that don't include food!). This way of eating makes me focus on obtaining better ways of dealing with eating cues - they are part of the reason I gained so much weight in the first place.
condanchri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/191/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrfect View Post
Here I am...didn't eat any off plan food for the fourth parties, my favorite guilt ridden choices all there.
now, home late in the evening, I feel happy I kept on plan but with unhappiness between hubby and me, I want to eat it all away. I know that won't help but it has in the past, been what made me feel comforted.
Now I want to make my weight loss goal for me, but oh how hard it is getting as I feel like I am eating the same meals over and over.

sometimes i guess it's normal to get discouraged.
I find it really helps to go far a walk when I feel like that. It gives you time to think and always makes me feel better.....
darbi40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #7  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Whenever I get down on myself, for anything......I keep telling myself that the only thing I have control over are my actions and reactions. Stay strong and remember YOU ARE SO WORTH IT!
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #8  
Freedom from Food

It is so true, nothing you can do to control others just ourselves. Choices are everywhere and that's the thing to focus on, what you can choose. Where we all are in this moment is a direct result of our previous choices!