Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 04:51 PM   #46  
Started IP 4/7/11

S/C/G: 280/253/185

Height: 5'11"

I'm just checking in with ya'll after my HUGE off plan weekend. It was great. It started Friday with a field trip with my youngest to the zoo then my sister's engagement party. The party actually turned into a wedding (I suspected all along). I had gone 7 weeks OP to lose 28# as my first mini goal. It felt really good to wear a sleeveless top and not feel intimidated. I am not where I want to be yet but it was a small victory. I got lots of sweet compliments. We left late after the party and drove our kids to the lake where we camped until yesterday. It was really fun. We did one day at a local amusement park and yesterday at the water park. Lots of walking but as planned I did go off IP. It was weird eating normally at first because I kept pausing to see if I felt any side effects or heavier. LOL. I am back on IP today and am giving myself a few days before I step back on the scale. I now feel confident in the ability to control my eating. Sure I went off IP as planned but this morning I knew exactly what to do to get back to it
Old 05-31-2011, 05:24 PM   #47  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Hello hello!! It's a fabulous day because my weight starts with a 1-7. Holy moly. I can't ever remember weighing 179. Ever. I'm SOOO excited to finish strong.

Have an amazing day, everyone!
That is so awesome...every new set of 10 pounds down feels so freakin great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Thanks Darbs!!!! I think they need to do a reality show on dressing room interventions...just think of all the ways that show could go - happily I would volunteer for one (ha,ha,ha). Amazing that you are doing so well on phase 2 - I am bouncing around like crazy on phase 1 which is so frustrating. I have to keep tweaking to loose and what works one week throws off the next week. I am excited about phase 2 and beyond and a bit scared of myself but I can do this. Thanks for encouraging me to phase 2 -- I will probably stay on phase 2 longer then 2 weeks. I plan to stay in phase 2 until the weight loss starts to resemble the last part of my phase 1 journey. You inspire me to move on

I have to agree with your husband and friends - you look really really really good -I third(forth, fifth...) 5 pounds at the most - you still want to rock some sexy curves and although androgyny is popular on the runway and in fashion magazines - I think true beauty lies in shadows and curves. You look amazing!!!

Thank you....it just takes getting used to, but I agree I want to stay curvy and womenly.

Come on over to phase 2 and give it a try....I am so excited that it got me losing again...not sure how long it will last, but I will ride the wave while I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Oh congrats I am so happy for you. I am running behind you but soon I will be there... at 186 right now so soon.

To all of you that have reached your goals, moving to phase 2, 3 and maintenance, Congratulations you are my role models when I started and am glad I got to know you all. Darbs & Mrs D you are the wisdom on this site so stay in touch and you can always pull us down when we are in a big panic over something. I am so Happy for you all, and those that I didn't name specifically that is just because there is SO many of you... I am grateful that you were here when I started and as I continue my journey I hope I can bring the wisdom of my experience with me to share.
I love to hear about your clothes shopping, I know when I get there I will be the same way. I hated trying on clothing and never found anything that looked quite the way I wanted it to.
Cheeky wit - I still need recipes, especially Mayo to taste like Miricle whip, I think you should publish a cook book for IP in the real world. You would be great at it... or even open up a new wave restuarant that speciallizes in food that tastes good and are low fat, low carb and healthy.

I know you all will look back on this time and think wow I really did it. We here are proud of you and showing us the way.

Have a good week everyone... Crazy busy at work but just wanted to say hey!
Thanks for the kind words....but WOW...look at what you have done!!!! Bravo Bravo Bravo...great job
Old 05-31-2011, 07:05 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/138

Height: 5'7"

OK, so yesterday Hubby and I had a big blowout!! It's always over his ex-wife!! So what do I do when stressed? Eat....I finished my step-son's choc Easter Bunny that he never touched to begin with.

Did have my WI today......Lost 2,,,,let's see how next week's goes...

Last edited by BoxerFit; 05-31-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:30 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Congrats to those with SV and NSV today!

to those who need it!

I am with you all on the shopping but it gets frustrating when a week later, your new item is too big! I'm in an in-between kind of place right now and really looking forward to reaching my goal! It's hard to dress these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I think I will start phase 3 tomorrow, although I will not be adding any grain products back in my diet. My eczema and allergies are so much better without!

I had hoped to get down to 140, but am currently fluctuating between 145-148. I am 5'8". I don' see any easy was to lose further...I think this is the right weight for me.

I plan to continue with the low carbs, but with real food and some fruit added in through phase 3 and 4.

Good luck to everyone!!
Congratulations and good luck! I think that is a good weight for your height... but really, what matters most is how you feel about it! You did awseome! Keep us posted!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:29 PM   #50  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
WOW, congrats!!! That is great. Size 4, wow what an accomplishment. I hope to be there one of these days... Come visit us often!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophly0709 View Post
Mrs. Diettrich...

I just looked at your progress pics and WOWZA!!! You look fantastic! It's these stories that make me excited to be on IP and know that will be someday!!! Good for you on size 4's!! That's great!!!!!
Oh, you guys will be there! Just look where I started just 8 months ago. I know that 8 months probably sounds like a horribly long time, but truthfully, it has flown by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Wow....what a journey this has been congrats!

Let me know about maintenance.
Tammy, we practically started at the the same time and we're pretty close to finishing together - we can do this! You know where to find me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Congratulations to you!!!!! Are you now done with phase 3? How did phase 2 go? Did you loose on phase 2 and gain in 3? (truth be told this kind of gives me the willies) I am starting phase 2 this weekend and am a bit apprehensive ...real food - YIKES (just kidding) I am excited for the new challenge but look to those who have done it to kind of help me prepare (actually it is phase 3 that gives me slight heart palpitations). You look amazing and have been a true inspiration -- I always always always read your posts. I hope you won't be a stranger and that you will continue to update us with tips and things you have learned on maintenance --it really does help!!!!
I have 3 more days of phase 3 - I officially hit maintenance on Friday. Phase 2 was fine - down both weeks. Phase 2 didn't freak me out, but trying to plan breakfasts for phase 3 gave me some wicked headaches. I was up 1.4 lbs last week at WI (a week into phase 3) and I knew it before I got there. I was retaining water like crazy. I'm feeling much better this week and I don't look as bloated, so I'm hoping to be down this week. As I'm sure you can imagine, it's very odd to go from "weight loss mode" into "gaining a little is okay in phase 3" mode. I was really battling that last week. But I love phase 3. Breakfasts are the best and I wake up every morning looking forward to it! Out of the last 10 days, on 7 of them I have had the same thing - greek yogurt with fruit & 1/2 c. of granola stirred in. One of the other days, we were out to eat and I got an omelet and also had a couple bites of hashbrowns and the top of a banana nut muffin. I ended up getting sick when I got home - I just don't think my stomach was up to the grease (as little as there was) yet. You'll do fine! If you're nervous about gaining, then just build in your comfort zone before you go to phase 3.

One of the harder things that I still have to wrap my mind around is the ketosis thing. I've still been wanting to really limit my carbs (you know, in veggies, not having restricted items, etc) to stay in ketosis, IGNORING the fact that HELLO, that great breakfast I had should be kicking me out of it! Funny mindsets that we eat and breathe for so long - it's hard to get out of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoww View Post
OMG, I am with you all on the shopping! I now want everything!!! The only bad thing is that as soon as I buy something new, it is too big!!! I guess not really bad! It feels so good to look good and I owe this plan and Dr. Tran sooo much! Most of all, my fellow IP'rs on this site have been a blessing,,, could not have done this w/out you all!!!
I have really tried to rein in my clothes shopping while I was going down, but it was just so hard! I got these 3 great sweaters from EB back around Christmas time which are now just huge on me, but fortunately my aunt was able to take them in on the sides so that they now fit me nicely again. But still, what a problem to have, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
I am with you all on the shopping but it gets frustrating when a week later, your new item is too big! I'm in an in-between kind of place right now and really looking forward to reaching my goal! It's hard to dress these days!
You know, if there is an item that I just had to have, if I was between sizes (and really, on this diet, when aren't we?), I would buy the smaller one - it's so nice to KNOW that I would fit into it soon!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:31 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 152/132/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I think I will start phase 3 tomorrow, although I will not be adding any grain products back in my diet. My eczema and allergies are so much better without!

I had hoped to get down to 140, but am currently fluctuating between 145-148. I am 5'8". I don' see any easy was to lose further...I think this is the right weight for me.

I plan to continue with the low carbs, but with real food and some fruit added in through phase 3 and 4.

Good luck to everyone!!
I too recently started phase 3. Not sure how weigh in will go this week as my scale shows me up 2 pounds. I did run extra this weekend to hopefully fend off the dreaded phase 3 weight increase. It is wonderful to eat fruit in the morning again!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:38 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 152/132/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Oh, you guys will be there! Just look where I started just 8 months ago. I know that 8 months probably sounds like a horribly long time, but truthfully, it has flown by.

Tammy, we practically started at the the same time and we're pretty close to finishing together - we can do this! You know where to find me.

I have 3 more days of phase 3 - I officially hit maintenance on Friday. Phase 2 was fine - down both weeks. Phase 2 didn't freak me out, but trying to plan breakfasts for phase 3 gave me some wicked headaches. I was up 1.4 lbs last week at WI (a week into phase 3) and I knew it before I got there. I was retaining water like crazy. I'm feeling much better this week and I don't look as bloated, so I'm hoping to be down this week. As I'm sure you can imagine, it's very odd to go from "weight loss mode" into "gaining a little is okay in phase 3" mode. I was really battling that last week. But I love phase 3. Breakfasts are the best and I wake up every morning looking forward to it! Out of the last 10 days, on 7 of them I have had the same thing - greek yogurt with fruit & 1/2 c. of granola stirred in. One of the other days, we were out to eat and I got an omelet and also had a couple bites of hashbrowns and the top of a banana nut muffin. I ended up getting sick when I got home - I just don't think my stomach was up to the grease (as little as there was) yet. You'll do fine! If you're nervous about gaining, then just build in your comfort zone before you go to phase 3.

One of the harder things that I still have to wrap my mind around is the ketosis thing. I've still been wanting to really limit my carbs (you know, in veggies, not having restricted items, etc) to stay in ketosis, IGNORING the fact that HELLO, that great breakfast I had should be kicking me out of it! Funny mindsets that we eat and breathe for so long - it's hard to get out of them!

I have really tried to rein in my clothes shopping while I was going down, but it was just so hard! I got these 3 great sweaters from EB back around Christmas time which are now just huge on me, but fortunately my aunt was able to take them in on the sides so that they now fit me nicely again. But still, what a problem to have, right?

You know, if there is an item that I just had to have, if I was between sizes (and really, on this diet, when aren't we?), I would buy the smaller one - it's so nice to KNOW that I would fit into it soon!
On phase 3 does your Dr or diet coach tell you to eat from the grain/dairy/fruit and protein group? Mine does and it seems like an awful lot of food. I have been eating 2 eggs, 1 piece of toast (dry) 1veggie sausage, greek yogurt with fruit. I thought I could count the protein in the yougurt but she says no for some reason.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:17 PM   #53  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallylosing View Post
On phase 3 does your Dr or diet coach tell you to eat from the grain/dairy/fruit and protein group? Mine does and it seems like an awful lot of food. I have been eating 2 eggs, 1 piece of toast (dry) 1veggie sausage, greek yogurt with fruit. I thought I could count the protein in the yougurt but she says no for some reason.
Mine was fine with me counting the protein in the yogurt. On the days I have yogurt, I generally have a vanilla RTD (yes, I still drink them) right when I get to work with a triple espresso in it. Then when I go to break (about 2 hours later), I eat my yogurt, granola & fruit. It just occured to me that there is protein in my granola, so I might be getting a little too much protein. (20g from RTD, 11g from yogurt, 5g from granola).
Old 05-31-2011, 09:43 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 225/189/140

Height: 5'6"

Quick question for you all....minced onions...ok or not? Looking to create a meatloaf recipie and would like to include them if they are ok...please share with me what you know...thanks in advance!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:08 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 307/257/150 HW350

Height: 7/15/15. Restart. Reached 1st goal 10/14/15

Default downloading pic

Help.. I keep trying to attach my before and during pics but it keeps saying to large... what do i do
Old 05-31-2011, 10:13 PM   #56  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Mine was fine with me counting the protein in the yogurt. On the days I have yogurt, I generally have a vanilla RTD (yes, I still drink them) right when I get to work with a triple espresso in it. Then when I go to break (about 2 hours later), I eat my yogurt, granola & fruit. It just occured to me that there is protein in my granola, so I might be getting a little too much protein. (20g from RTD, 11g from yogurt, 5g from granola).
I wish these darn coaches would all get on the same page. I am so confused about the protein for phase 3. I need to go back to the book. I am wondering if I'm eating 'enough' right now. I've been doing greek yogurt, toast and fruit. I don't think I am getting enough protein.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:22 PM   #57  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbound View Post
Help.. I keep trying to attach my before and during pics but it keeps saying to large... what do i do
Easiest way I've found is to resize in you Paint program...

HTHs
Old 05-31-2011, 10:40 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I dont think you can have too much protein... More is better!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:13 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

WOW!!! A lot of posts about TOM...which is really funny to me because it's mine too. What isn't funny is that I gained .4 pound at my WI yesterday...so sad
Old 05-31-2011, 11:17 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 219.4/215/120

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
I wish these darn coaches would all get on the same page. I am so confused about the protein for phase 3. I need to go back to the book. I am wondering if I'm eating 'enough' right now. I've been doing greek yogurt, toast and fruit. I don't think I am getting enough protein.
Ok, I know I've read it on here somewhere but where is the book??
Closed Thread