Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Broad View Post
I try to mix it up so that it's not always a number on the scale - getting into an old pair of jeans, or wearing a belt I hadn't worn in almost 2 years- mixing those little motivators in with getting under 215, getting under 200... and leaving those items where I can see them! Then when I am able to wear them I get a little extra motivation to keep going.
This is what I do for Mini Goals! I have some smaller pants that I want to fit into once I do then I have even smaller ones to use as a goal. I find the numbers on the scale are great to see, but the feeling of fitting into pants that haven't fit in a long time is the best feeling in the world!
Old 05-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabismom View Post
Hi...so today makes one week that I started on IP. My goal is to lose 50lbs. After many unsuccessful tries at other diets I decided to try IP after seeing such fabulous results from two co-workers.
So week one....worst and longest week of my life!! I fantasized about carbs every minute. Battled with headaches and moodiness. BUT I was losing a pound a day which kept me motivated.
Today I woke up and almost fell apart because I GAINED 2 pounds!! I have my first weigh in this afternoon and I am so upset!! I'll probably have only lost 4lbs.
For a first week that is less than ANY other diet I have ever been on. So discouraged.
I did everything by the book.
I do have IBS and my belly is in an uproar. I am bloated, and just feel crampy. So my body may have to adjust, well my intestines, may have to adjust to so MANY greens, which I have always struggled with.

Well thanks for reading...

Any words of encouragement would help out
Aww, hang in there! I have stomach troubles too, and my coach told me to eat less watery greens. They are not as harsh on the digestion. So for example, eat spring mix or baby romaine (that's exactly what he told me, well I asked him and got confirmation about the baby romaine because it's not watery like grown-up romaine).
Old 05-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Good morning all!

I have officially started the IP WOL today. I am so excited about this. I'm prepared for this to be the worst week of my life, but I am also prepared for the results. Everyone has had so much success, that I am very hopeful and excited. I will probably drive everyone nuts with questions, but I'm looking forward to being around a while!
Old 05-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying my rhubarb "apple sauce" right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
Good morning all!

I have officially started the IP WOL today. I am so excited about this. I'm prepared for this to be the worst week of my life, but I am also prepared for the results. Everyone has had so much success, that I am very hopeful and excited. I will probably drive everyone nuts with questions, but I'm looking forward to being around a while!
Stick with it, and you'll do great!! Stay strong and motivated, keep posting, and the weight will come right off!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #35  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Good morning all!

So happy to have you aboard the Ideal Protein Train!! You will love it and the first week doesn't have to be the worst week of your life. It was extremely easy to get through the withdrawals because my mindset was I want this more that food. Food is just something to keep me alive! It is not comfort or enjoyment!

I posted a definition about Willpower yesterday that helps me.

Willpower is TEMPORARY discomfort to achieve a long term goal. This website is such a valuable resource and a very important key to your success.

Good luck in your journey!!!

Old 05-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post - I've been doing IP for 5 weeks and I've been creeping/reading this forum for probably 4 of them. I really enjoy reading all your posts - you have great ideas and I absolutely LOVE your progress pics. It's very inspiring to me.

Thanks to all of you who share and hello to those that are hanging out like me.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Good morning all!

For me personally, this is the BEST thing that I have ever done for myself! I wish you much success! Week 1 is a bear, but I promise it gets better. My brother in law was eating fries in front of me the other day and it really didn't even phase me!! They used to be one of my main downfalls. I am still amazed at the difference in how I view food in such a short time.

That is the beauty of this site, it the best tool for questions and answers. Ask away! I am not the most knowlegable, but so many on here are. They are wonderful!
Old 05-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #38  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Good morning all!

Welcome Laura!! It sounds like you are looking are being realisitic about this diet. It DOES work so well, and you will find alot of support here. Never be afraid to ask questions!
Report back in later and let us know how your first day went.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

My boss just commented on my weight loss and how much it shows!!! This is huge!!!

I work in a very conservative (very strong "corporate") environment.

My boss is a a great boss and a person that I respect very highly but he is a "financial person" and more into numbers and figures than anything else. For him to even notice, let alone say anything about it, is saying a lot!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-24-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:42 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 232/214/175

Height: 5'9"

Default First Day

Hey all! It's my first day on IP. I've been lurking here for about a week since I started to learn about the diet. Your posts helped convince me it was time to give it a try. I've always been skeptical about diets that restrict specific food groups or tell you to only eat this or that, but I'm hoping IP truly will be effective without making me feel icky.

So far, so good. Though I forgot my lunchtime cauliflower at home.. Good thing I had 5 romaine spears!
Old 05-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #41  
Stempy

S/C/G: 202.4/192.4/130

Height: 5 ft 4 1/2 inches

WI #5 tonight and just my luck TOM started today! Ugggghhh....oh well, such is life, I surprisingly don't feel terribly bloated so maybe won't be so bad.

Had my first "celebration of success" yesterday...needed a change and ordered pizza for the family. I ordered a special one for me with a thin multi-grain crust..I know it is not IP and this is the absolute first carb food I have had since starting IP over 5 weeks ago. I felt the need to celebrate my success (probably because of the impending TOM!) and choose carefully to be sure that what I chose to eat was something that would/could be a part of my lifetime healthy eating plan once I am done with IP. So, no guilt at all but thought I would share My kids were thrilled and asking if we can do it every 5 weeks
Old 05-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 260/170/170

Wow, there are a lot of newbies. I don't feel so left behind now. Welcome and good luck!
Old 05-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #43  

Height: 5'10"

Well, here I am again. I had wonderful success on IP last year, and then I got to Phase 4 and completely ignored protocol and allowed myself to gain 20 pounds in 10 months. I do NOT recommend that, by the way. So, back at it again - day 2 of Phase 1, and this time I have a better plan for phase 4 and maintenance. And, I'm so ready to feel good again. I miss the way IP made me feel, and I hate the way I feel eating all the junk that got me overweight to begin with. I thought about doing weight watchers again (did that many years ago) but I never felt as good on that as I do on IP. Sorry for rambling here, just anxious to rejoin this wonderful community for support, and ready to take care of myself again!
Old 05-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #44  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Hello everybody!!

It's nice to see so many newbies today. WELCOME and ask lots of questions, the people on here are great and have alot of great information.

Tomorrow is officially WI#5. I'm anxious and looking forward to it. Not sure how I'll do as TOM showed up yesterday. First time OP with TOM, so curious to see what the scale will tell me. Otherwise I'm feeling good. I haven't cheated once and my kids an DH are eating all kinds of goodies right in front of me and it hasn't bothered me once. I'm hoping it continues. I'm hoping to hit the big 20 lbs tomorrow but I'll be happy with 2 lbs loss since TOM is lurking!!

Hope everybody has a great day!
Old 05-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #45  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
My boss just commented on my weight loss and how much it shows!!! This is huge!!!
Great NSV Susie!!! Congrats!!!
Closed Thread