Old 03-20-2016, 09:30 AM   #46  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingersnapict View Post
My question is, would it be best to start the IP after I am finished breast feeding? I would assume so. I plan to breast feed for about 6-8 months (if I can, I could not produce enough for my 1st child, but am trying to with this next one and ways to up my milk supply).

Thank you all!
Yes, wait until you are done breastfeeding. The IP protocol is very low in calories and nutrients, and it would definitely have a negative impact on your breastfeeding. In the meantime, just try to stick to health diet of complex carbs, real protein, and a variety of fruits and veggies.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:30 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 197.5/197.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Default questions regarding IP and family

I did post this in the "2016" page as well but am curious on everyone's insight:
Hi all! I am going to be having an initial phone meeting this afternoon with my local IP center. I am still not sure if this is the direction for me. (Starting weight is 192 , 5'2" and I would be happy with 150, but know 12/30 is "healthy"). I have a few questions for you current users - I truly appreciate your answers!
- My family eat healthy so this wont be a huge deviation ... however... I have 2 kiddos (7 and 5) how has this been for those with families? Money-wise?
- I want to give a lot of thought about what is after (yes i know "one day at a time") as I don't want to be so restricted on a diet and pay a good sum of money and then gain all the weight lost back (yes i am aware i need to change my life habits... I am good with that... but is this a maintainable lifestyle post phases?)
- has anyone looked/reviewed new Weight Watchers methods? Could i transition to that after i reach goal?
- I have some IBS and am lactose intolerant. I also am slightly afraid of the soy in the IP products (my MIL attributes her breast cancer to soy in similar fashion products). Will there be any options for me on IP?

Thank you for all your insight.
Bubsalub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:01 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Bubsalub: Do you know the basis for your IBS? Is it the lactose, or soy, or do you have a gluten intolerance like I do? Is there a reason from your doc to be wary of the soy ie. hormonal issues tied to that? Carb Fat separation is a pretty maintainable lifestyle (P4) but some prefer to do things a bit differently (Paleo-ish, or Keto, or just portion and carb control) and have found different things work for different bodies in maintenance. Try not to worry about it too much then when you get there experiment a bit to find your sweet spot. Unless you have issues with soy, you should be fine although a bit restricted in choices if you have any other intolerances.

Last edited by canadjineh; 04-01-2016 at 11:01 PM. Reason: spelling
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote