Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 09:25 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Weekend Chat - end of March

My weekend starts Friday after work. Let's start the weekend chat!

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Here are a couple "older" .pdf files of many of Rainbow's recipes: Rainbowsmiles Recipes
and Rainbows IP Inspired Alternative Recipes

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:57 AM   #2  

I've done extensive research (maybe I'm just not that good at it) but I cannot find what the carb/fat/protein ratio should be on IP. Does anyone know? Is there not such a thing? I just want to be sure I get my nutrition in line. It seems my carbs are higher than my fats on days I eat lean protein. Maybe that's okay? I know my body and I know it will not allow me any room for error.

Also--are there any others here who battle PCOS?
Old 03-27-2015, 10:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'5

Hi all! Saturday the kids have gymnastics and a bday party. No pizza for me at the party. And we usually go out to dinner on Friday night. I plan on getting a salad with chicken or a burger no bun. Have a great weekend.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:15 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferk525 View Post
Hi all! Saturday the kids have gymnastics and a bday party. No pizza for me at the party. And we usually go out to dinner on Friday night. I plan on getting a salad with chicken or a burger no bun. Have a great weekend.
My daughter (11) is a gymnast. Such a fun sport.
When you get a salad at a restaurant what dressing can you use? A grilled chicken salad sounds amazing right now!
Old 03-27-2015, 10:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplchaos View Post
I've done extensive research (maybe I'm just not that good at it) but I cannot find what the carb/fat/protein ratio should be on IP. Does anyone know? Is there not such a thing? I just want to be sure I get my nutrition in line. It seems my carbs are higher than my fats on days I eat lean protein. Maybe that's okay? I know my body and I know it will not allow me any room for error.

Also--are there any others here who battle PCOS?
If you are following the P1 protocol (sheets are posted by Lisa in the first post), it is my understanding tracking isn't necessary.

I track b/c I decided not to use IP products (soy sensitivity) and am hypothyroid. Given my problems getting pregnant, I always suspected I have PCOS, but was never "officially" diagnosed.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:00 AM   #6  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
posted by StacyJBlack:
Out of the 180s and halfway to goal!!! Also hit 10%! Happy Friday!!!
You shared your good news in the Daily Chat that was closed shortly thereafter -- gotta congratulate you on your results to date -- Way to go!!!

Old 03-27-2015, 11:15 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
If you are following the P1 protocol (sheets are posted by Lisa in the first post), it is my understanding tracking isn't necessary.

I track b/c I decided not to use IP products (soy sensitivity) and am hypothyroid. Given my problems getting pregnant, I always suspected I have PCOS, but was never "officially" diagnosed.
Im using alternatives but keeping to the same plan as IP.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

WTG Stacy!!

TGIF y'all, hope everyone has a great weekend. Beautiful weather expected here, so I hope to spend lost of time outside - gotta soak up that vitamin D!
Old 03-27-2015, 12:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 221/0/165

Height: 5'6

Default Congrats!

WOOHOO StacyJBlack on getting out of the 180's!

I couldn't figure out why I could not post on the other one, but I see the thread closed.

Congrats! I am following in your foot steps, our goal weights are the same. I hope to have as much success as you've had so far.

Last edited by travelingras; 03-27-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplchaos View Post
My daughter (11) is a gymnast. Such a fun sport.
When you get a salad at a restaurant what dressing can you use? A grilled chicken salad sounds amazing right now!
This is my daughters 1st year in gymnastics. She loves it. I am sure she is too tall to be in for long. she will probably switch to tumbling in a few years. She is also interested in all star cheerleading.

For salad dressing I'll ask for olive oil and a 1/2 a lemon. That's what I use at home. Dr with salt and pepper. Yum. I'm not actually a fan of "dressings" I always used oil and vinegar prior to IP.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:29 PM   #11  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
There's a big pizza party here at work for a guy that got a promotion. I'm making sure to leave right before the pizza arrives and starts smelling better than IP chicken a la king w/cauli...
Old 03-27-2015, 02:04 PM   #12  

Quote:
This is my daughters 1st year in gymnastics. She loves it. I am sure she is too tall to be in for long. she will probably switch to tumbling in a few years. She is also interested in all star cheerleading.

For salad dressing I'll ask for olive oil and a 1/2 a lemon. That's what I use at home. Dr with salt and pepper. Yum. I'm not actually a fan of "dressings" I always used oil and vinegar prior to IP.
I thought I read that we are to avoid lemon. I love lemon and that would make a great salad!
Old 03-27-2015, 03:00 PM   #13  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

StacyJ - congrats on being in the 170's!! My next goal is to get out of the 190's, so I know how exciting that move is to see on the scale!
Old 03-27-2015, 03:05 PM   #14  

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday, not very hungry but today... well let's just say I might have to go to bed at 4:30 this afternoon because I will have eaten everything I can and stay on program. Anyone else having one of those days?
Old 03-27-2015, 03:09 PM   #15  
Princess Melanie

S/C/G: Start 5/24/2012 198/146/140

Height: 5'5"

Im trying to follow the IP protocol but purchased all my foods thru Nashua. Its protithin and protidiet or something like that. I'm worried that it wont work. IP worked so well before but they had me brain washed that I had to use thier products. Trying to stay hopeful!
Closed Thread