Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 09:56 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 340/335/200

Height: 6'1"

Made it through the first day, almost, as I still have to squeeze in my snack. I ended up eating dinner later than planned, but, oh boy, was it delicious! I made a stir fry with asparagus, broccoli, green pepper, green onion, mushroom, and flank steak, a little olive oil, seasoned with sea salt and some Mrs. Bragg's Liquid Aminos. A side salad of green leaf lettuce and a little Walden Farms Bleu Cheese dressing rounded it off. I had to fend off my family from my plate, and this was after they had tacos. (They stayed away from the Walden Farms...it takes some adjustment.) They already put in a request for the same tomorrow, but with chicken breast.

I had kind of started low carb a couple of weeks ago, when I started lurking around in here, to kind of ease myself into the diet while I got things straightened out, picked my Dr/Coach, and attended a presentation (with samples!!). I was supposed to start on Saturday, but I did not want to get in a situation where if I for some reason did not make it to WI on Friday I would get into the weekend without Ideal foods. Now I have two days extra stash. That and there was a birthday this weekend and I decided to take a couple of last bites of forbidden foods. :-) I needed to feel that carb withdrawal one more time after the low carb prep to make sure I don't deviate now that I am started on Ideal. I'll rationalize it further that I had a little wiggle room as I lost about 10 lbs before starting today, and I wanted to get a last good workout on the StreetStrider since the doctor does not want me to do too much exercise the first three weeks.

First WI on Friday which makes just four days first time through. We'll see how it goes.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:19 PM   #62  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
My husband and I did pretty much the same thing last Monday and did right back on Tuesday. We had actually planned to go off. It took me 4 1/2 days to get back to ketosis and still I lost 3 pounds this week. I'm so relieved and yet it was so much fun being with our kids for the Philadelphia Flower Show celebration! Smile. I glad you had a good time. Don't beat yourself up but stay on track now! Smile.
Hi maykatcooper,

I live in Colorado but am in Philadelphia this week for a conference. I went to the flower show too. Maybe we passed each other.

Lynn
Old 03-14-2011, 10:27 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 294/294/150

Height: 5'3"

I am so glad that I am not the only one with weird food dreams. I woke up crying one night because I thought I had eaten an egg mcmuffin...
Old 03-14-2011, 11:40 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 182/182/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
I wake up feeling my stomach to see if it's smaller! How stupid is that?
I do the same thing, only now I can feel my ribs, LOVE IT!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:47 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 228/228/150

Height: 5'1"

Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
today i have officially lost 40 lbs, and it feels great!!! i never thought i would be able to lose this much weight. i honestly did not believe that this plan would work for me when i started, because nothing has worked for me in the past. i currently weigh less than i did 2 years ago after going to the gym for 2 hours a day, 6 days a week for 6 months. now i just can't wait until i lose the last 40 lbs and be able to get into shape. one day i will be running 5Ks. that day will be awesome.

congrats to everyone on their losses, NSVs, and staying on plan today! you guys are the best!!!
Congrats, you have lost so quickly, it is amazing. You and others have inspired me to be more strict about this diet.

I have eaten xtra proteins every day since I started. 8 oz plus steaks or two a day or some other portein like an extra bar or chicken or tuna. Continue to have a hard time getting my water in. Usually do only 40 oz or so. Last week I was the most strict I have been and lost 4 lbs at todays weigh in.YEA

My husband decided to join IP also, he just completed his first week and lost 9 3/4!

He has aprox 15-20 lbs to go, so he will be in phase 2,3, & 4 before me, which should make it easier to learn how to do it when I get there.

As we say, one day, one meal at a time to change our eating habits. This site truly has helped me focus. There are times it can be discouraging when others are losing "faster", but we all know it truly is an individual journey and I do not ever want to go back to where I was. The energy level has been transformational and I too am looking at doing a 5k (walk) and trying tennis lessons by the end of the summer. Even though I was thin as a young person and active, the middle and later years have just gotten away from me and I just did not see that level of activity coming back. But why not?! I have tried WW several times with no success. IP for me too has been the first success I have had beyond an 8 lb loss, ever. Yippee and thanks for everyones inspiration.

Last edited by thumper; 03-14-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:48 PM   #66  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
I'm sorry that you are dissapointed. I wouldn't recommend a 900 calorie diet with exercise you're body would go into starvation mode and you would have trouble loosing weight or would gain it all back once you started eating more. I would sign up for one of those calorie counters online and they will tell you how muc calories to eat each day to lose weight as well as how much exercise to do each day. Also Splenda was always allowed on IP not sure who told you it was only stevia.... Good luck you will figure something out!
My coach says to stay between 800-1000 calories per day.
I have averaged my calories from the 6 days that I have been on IP and I am averaging 848 calories per day.
Is that too low? (I don't exercise)
Thanks in advance for your reply!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:53 PM   #67  

Default stomach shrinkage watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels09 View Post
I do the same thing, only now I can feel my ribs, LOVE IT!!!
Ha! OMG, thought I was the only one doing that. I check daily for the "beast" to go away. And it is going, yippee. Look forward to tucking a shirt in again............... have a great week
Old 03-15-2011, 12:10 AM   #68  

Default success

[QUOTE=Coastalcrafter;3757849]saying goodbye for now.....

I just had a long exam with new dr that is working one on one with me with my weight loss. So I am saying goodbye for now, I have 18 packets total of Lindora puddings: lemon, choc, + cheescake.. if anyone wants them for $25.( I'll pay shipping)

I WILLL POST A PICTURE OF ME IN 'THE DRESS' IN JULY..

hugs to all...

Wow, good for you to start on a new direction that sounds like it feels right for you. Good luck on your journey, I will say a prayer for you. May peace and success be found on this journey. Bye for now

Last edited by thumper; 03-15-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:18 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 193/165/140

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by deve67 View Post
Good Morning, Just wanted to let all of you know how in awe I am of all you. I just finished week 1 with a loss of 6#. It was a struggle. I know you have all said it gets easier but it is so hard to stay committed. Don't want to be a downer on a beautiful monday. Hope everyone has a great week.You people really are amazing.
Keep going deve, just finished day 4 and am feeling so great. yesterday i felt like i had a flu with headaches and achy body and sooo tired, but it was just the toxins, today was a different story, i felt great, looking forward to tomorrow.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:02 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 168/148.5/140; start 01/19/11

Height: 5'6"

I have a WI tomorrow. Kinda excited to see what I've lost in inches and pounds. This diet is amazing. I have put off going to buy new clothes, how silly is that!! I think I am afraid for some reason......I so hated shopping many pounds ago!! I have started wearing belts again in the last week, that's a pretty good feeling when you don't feel like you are covering up so much anymore.

I truly don't crave the fast food and other stuff I did when I first started IP and I find that truly amazing! I don't feel so "deprived" when I run through McDonald's for the kids on a busy practice night. I usually get something to drink and go home to cook my "good" food! Yay!

Hope everyone has had a great day! Again, it is so great reading about others on here and it really gives a lot of inspiration (whether you have a little or a lot to lose)! See you tomorrow fellow IPers.

Last edited by happyloser2011; 03-15-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:14 AM   #71  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by wekaba View Post
My coach says to stay between 800-1000 calories per day.
I have averaged my calories from the 6 days that I have been on IP and I am averaging 848 calories per day.
Is that too low? (I don't exercise)
Thanks in advance for your reply!
sorry I should have clarified I meant if you are not on IP!. If you are just calorie counting with normal food it is too low on IP they recommend between 700-1000 cals a day so you are correct. This is one of the reasons you should restrain from strenuous activity as your body simply doesn't have the fuel to handle it
Old 03-15-2011, 02:06 AM   #72  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Happy Birthda, enjoy your day and do some exciting things with it.

Long div did you change your name? I can't wait to be 40 lbs lighter My friend and I plan to run a charity walk/run as soon as we can find one where we both are free that day. Have a great weekend.

NSV - Was at a dog trial all weekend, sat beside the chips, chocolate bars and pop all weekend. Also there was a concession, and to get to the washrooms you had to walk by it, man did the burgers smell good. I stayed OP, and I think I talked to one of my dog friend's to look into Ideal protein too. My dogs did great at the trial too bad about their handler, the one clean run Red dog would have had and I screw it up by losing my way on course. Oh well there are always more trials coming especially now that spring may arrive sometime soon... melted here a little yesterday but hard to tell with the 4 foot banks everywhere. Have a great day all.

Couts congrats on Phase 2, you will have to tell us all about it. See you later this week.

Joanne
I hope you are back soon I have a huge non IP problem that only you can fix. Have a good week my friend.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:18 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
today i have officially lost 40 lbs, and it feels great!!! i never thought i would be able to lose this much weight. i honestly did not believe that this plan would work for me when i started, because nothing has worked for me in the past. i currently weigh less than i did 2 years ago after going to the gym for 2 hours a day, 6 days a week for 6 months. now i just can't wait until i lose the last 40 lbs and be able to get into shape. one day i will be running 5Ks. that day will be awesome.

congrats to everyone on their losses, NSVs, and staying on plan today! you guys are the best!!!
Congratulations Longdivision!! That is a HUGE accomplishment - I wish I could lose as fast, you are going to be at your goal in no time! I celebrated my blood pressure being normal by going to DSW and buying 2 pairs of shoes. I haven't worn heels in years, I'm very large breasted and it just always felt like I would literally topple forward. I bought 2 pairs of low heels, they're so pretty they make me smile to look at them. It was a happy celebration. Congratulations again, your pictures are amazing, you are just shrinking shrinking shrinking!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 05:54 AM   #74  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
I have found that if you use a mirror that stops at your waist the lighting improves in the dressing room for me!

Now you are on to something...lol...if dressing rooms had just that then there would be a lot more sales...lol...have a good day
Old 03-15-2011, 06:25 AM   #75  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default This Thread is now Closed

Please move your conversations, replies, and new posts to today's chat: Tuesday, 15 March 2011
Closed Thread