Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #16  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
Good Morning! WI #3 today, and my unofficial results are leading me to believe this will not be a big loss. BUT! That is A-OK as I had 2 NSV this weekend.

I had my first ever "Runner's High" on Saturday after an amazing trail run. I felt like I could do anything and I know being 11 pounds lighter is what helped me get there!

Secondly, the beautiful weather inspired me to get out my old Spring clothes from last year and I could see a real change. The inches lost make all the difference! Even my shoes felt bigger.

So here's to a great day for everyone - Spring is on it's way! Let's lose some weight and enjoy it.
Awesome! Doesn't it feel great fitting into clothes that we have all hid away or forgotten about. I am proud of you! Don't be discouraged of a low loss. Everyone seems to have a slow down about this time and it will pick back up. Keep at it. We might start doing the "couch to 5K" program.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #17  
Shrinkinglady

S/C/G: 172/153/139

Height: 5'2"

This past weekend was the first time in 2 months that I totally went off plan. I ate some ice cream and popcorn on Saturday-and I must say it was not all that great. I got right back on track Sunday and today is so far another good day. I am committed to sticking as close to plan and exercising 4 times this week-so I am predicting and working for a good loss week.
I also realized as many people have noted that the cravings for sweets is basically diminished enormously in these past two months, as has the desire for most carbs. So that is progress-far from perfection-but a much more comfortable way to live.
Thanks to all of you for being here.
Start weight-173; present weight-151-goal 139 (mini goal 145)
Old 03-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #18  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Three more pounds!!! Yeah! Two pound Pegsi... meet three pound Jen. I will take it any day of the week!!! I have surpassed losing 10% of my body weight which is supposed to be a huge milestone for health purposes. I am still feeling great. Even with a month worth of a household of sick kids passing germs back and forth and not feeling so hot my self, a double batch chocolate cake for boy scouts that came back home (I did not take a bite!), major stress at work over missing time from all the illness, major drugs to get over the sickness, new drugs to prevent migraines, etc.... still doing great. A little down now and then due to all the illness but can't believe still losing weight. Also... still can't believe that after losing 36 pounds, I have only had 2 people say something at work. I work in an office of about 200 people. I don't know if it just isn't that noticeable or if they are afraid to say something and don't want to offend me or just live in their own world! But I see others on here who have lost 15 or 20 pounds and say that everyone is giving them rave reviews! I am okay with it, just confused!!! Someone told me once I hit the 40 pound mark people will start to notice, so maybe in the next week or two!!! LOL! Anyway, here's to another great week!
Old 03-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

Today is a cold and snowy day in my small town of Illinois. I was hoping this snowy weather was over with.

I was a little disappointed in myself on Saturday. My husband and I went to a trivia night with friends and went off protocol. We had all intentions to stay on protocol...we brought our veggies to munch on. The mistake we made was not bringing water...we assumed they would have it. They only had beer and soda. So we made the decision to go off for that night but trying to minimalize the damage by eating our veggies. As soon as we decided to go off it was like the flood gates were open. I started eating crackers, dip, taco dip and chips and a couple of cookies. Now I will say I controled myself somewhat...I didn't eat as much as I normally would have but what I'm really dissapointed with is I haven't learned to control myself. With the effort and time I'm putting into this diet I don't want to go back to my old ways once I'm done with IP. This has been a wakeup call to me that I have a lot of work to do on myself in regards to food. My ketosis slowed down based on the ketonon strips. I hope I will be prepared mentally the next time we have an outing with water in hand.

Hope everyone has an OP week.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #20  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayingalive View Post
So nice to wake-up and read such positive messages about IP. This is my 14th attempt and this time I will reach toward these boards to seek encouragement on a meal by meal basis.

I shared last night that 8 PM was always a tough time for me. Somebody said do something different (instead of boob tube time) and sooooo YES- I will and CAN do something else...I will post on the boards.

Gonna walk to work to kick start my program...I'll check in later.

Have a great Monday and keep the folks in Japan in your thoughts and your prayers.

Pam
I'm so proud of you right now! YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT THIS TIME!
Old 03-14-2011, 12:39 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
Also... still can't believe that after losing 36 pounds, I have only had 2 people say something at work. I work in an office of about 200 people. I don't know if it just isn't that noticeable or if they are afraid to say something and don't want to offend me or just live in their own world! But I see others on here who have lost 15 or 20 pounds and say that everyone is giving them rave reviews! I am okay with it, just confused!!! Someone told me once I hit the 40 pound mark people will start to notice, so maybe in the next week or two!!! LOL! Anyway, here's to another great week!
I know exactly what you mean. I have only had one person ask if I lost weight and that was one of my sisters. I have had people compliment my clothes and had one ask if I had new glasses. I think they probably are noticing but it is more of a - hey, somethings different...kind of a thing. I do know that I feel 100% better than I did. My knees don't hurt, I'm not as tired all the time as I used to be and I've had several skin issues that have either cleared up or are way better than they were.
One of my sisters lost a bunch of weight on IP last summer and she encouraged me to get started. She and her husband have been in Australia since my second week on IP. They will be back home in about 3 weeks and I am dying to see her. I haven't told her a thing about how I am doing. I can't wait to see her face!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 12:59 PM   #22  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

today i have officially lost 40 lbs, and it feels great!!! i never thought i would be able to lose this much weight. i honestly did not believe that this plan would work for me when i started, because nothing has worked for me in the past. i currently weigh less than i did 2 years ago after going to the gym for 2 hours a day, 6 days a week for 6 months. now i just can't wait until i lose the last 40 lbs and be able to get into shape. one day i will be running 5Ks. that day will be awesome.

congrats to everyone on their losses, NSVs, and staying on plan today! you guys are the best!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #23  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
today i have officially lost 40 lbs, and it feels great!!! i never thought i would be able to lose this much weight. i honestly did not believe that this plan would work for me when i started, because nothing has worked for me in the past. i currently weigh less than i did 2 years ago after going to the gym for 2 hours a day, 6 days a week for 6 months. now i just can't wait until i lose the last 40 lbs and be able to get into shape. one day i will be running 5Ks. that day will be awesome.

congrats to everyone on their losses, NSVs, and staying on plan today! you guys are the best!!!
I am so close to having lost 40 I can taste it! Congrats!!! That is a huge accomplishment!!! So proud of you! You look great and I know you feel great too! You are an inspiration. Keep up the good work and those 5k's will be here before you know it! Did I hear something about a couch to a 5k?
Old 03-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #24  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
I am so close to having lost 40 I can taste it! Congrats!!! That is a huge accomplishment!!! So proud of you! You look great and I know you feel great too! You are an inspiration. Keep up the good work and those 5k's will be here before you know it! Did I hear something about a couch to a 5k?
oh yeah, there is a couch to 5K program. I was doing it this time last year. you run in intervals to build up your stamina. all was going well last year until my right knee swelled up and i had to go to the hospital. my doctor told me to stop running, so i did, and gained 25 lbs in the process. my plan is to lose all my weight, get my knee fixed, then start the couch to 5K program again. the future is looking good! my 30s are gonna be awesome!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #25  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:

Congrats! You are doing a great job and are an inspiration to the rest of us. Keep up the great work. I really appreciate your thoughtful input on this site. Many of you who have been doing this for a while really enhance the experience for the rest of us and make it easier to learn!

Have a great week! You'll be at 50 lbs before you know it.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #26  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

I set up a thread for boot camp. Please use the template for posting daily food/water intake.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...13th-14th.html

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 03-14-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #27  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Hello everyone, I hope you all have an amazing day. Not OP today for my b day but back 100% tomorrow!!!
Have a fantastic b-day!!! Mine was over the weekend and I enjoyed time with my family. I hope you have a great day! Cheers!
Old 03-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #28  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

saying goodbye for now.....

I just had a long exam with new dr that is working one on one with me with my weight loss. So I am saying goodbye for now, I have 18 packets total of Lindora puddings: lemon, choc, + cheescake.. if anyone wants them for $25.( I'll pay shipping)

I WILLL POST A PICTURE OF ME IN 'THE DRESS' IN JULY..

hugs to all....
Old 03-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Hello everyone, I hope you all have an amazing day. Not OP today for my b day but back 100% tomorrow!!!
Hope you have a wonderful day! Enjoy this and we will see you back tomorrow.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:

Congrats on the 40 pounds! That is great! I know what you mean about going to the gym for 2 hours a day every day for 6 months! I exercised my behind off and GAINED weight! I think I`m smaller now at 132 than I was when I weighed 125 3 years ago. So I can`t wait to see what 125 looks like on IP...my aunt told me yesterday that I look so tiny...I was like ME, tiny?! Those 2 words don`t go in the same sentence They must now!
Closed Thread