Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 09:53 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

LOSINGFORGOOD2010...Thanks!
As for you question, I have a sheet at home explaining what guidelines to follow when someone has diabetes. I will pass at home tonight and see what is written on it!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
Good Morning my IP Friends

I hope you all have a great day today!
I am feeling pretty good today..but I do feel a bit sad. Last night I went to bed remembering that Monday was Valentine's day. I knew it was coming but since my bf and I didn't really plan anything it kind of skipped my mind.
This day is really special to me because every year before my father passed away, 3 years ago now, I used to be his valentine. I used to live with him and on that day after school or work I would get home and find a bouquet of white roses (my favorites) on the table with a beautiful card. He would always pick out the nicest card with the nicest thing written in it..and he would add more to it and make me cry. I was his little princess and he meant the world to me...so we just spent that evening together have supper and it was nice. I miss him a lot and it seems like today it's almost making me cry...I hope he is proud of me and is kicking me in the butt to lose this weight I know he would be cheering me on!
Sorry ..I needed to vent out and instead of crying at work lol..[/I]
Very touching story... I also lost my father 3 years ago. I was his primary care giver for 12 years and I miss him SO MUCH!! I had no idea it would be this difficult... but it is getting easier. Christmas is the most difficult time for me. Hang in there... I know he is proud of you!!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #18  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieHi View Post
I will try to attach the file here if I can figure out how to do that. I think this alternate plan is aimed at diabetics but not sure - I'm only in week 1!
Well, you did it! Did you graduate from Virginia Tech?
Old 02-10-2011, 09:58 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'5

Default Almost Friday!!!

Major NSV for me....So at work we were asked to hand out candy to our students so they would complete a survey. The bowl of candy has been sitting on my desk for a week now with my favorite candies....TWIX and Hersey's.......I have not eaten any of them....But yesterday I didn't even consider eating one.......small step but in the right direction.....Excited for WI tomorrow hopefully I will be atleast another 2lbs down....

I am worried about Valentines day......debating on whether or not the cheat is worth it....Chocolate is my weakness

Good Luck to everyone today and keep shedding those pounds...
Old 02-10-2011, 09:58 AM   #20  
Started IP Feb 4,2011

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I am on day 7, can't believe I made it this far! Yesterday was tough, I found myself staring into the fridge quite a few times looking for "something" and then I'd remember my plan and pull my head out. I did finally give in and have a string cheese after dinner but at least that has lt 1 carb.

Week 1 has been extremely hard for me. My inner fat girl, Bertha, keeps telling me that I will never be able to do this another week but then I wake up and get on the scale or I read here about your success and I manage to get through the moment. I am focusing on one day at a time.

In one week I will be going on a short cruise with the girls. The thought of that is helping me stay motivated. My plan is to stick to protein foods and salads, treating the cruise as a spa rather than an all-you-can-eat-all-the-time experience.

Have a great day!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #21  
Started IP Feb 4,2011

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Well, you did it! Did you graduate from Virginia Tech?
I did - quite awhile ago
Old 02-10-2011, 10:26 AM   #22  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

Good morning to all my favorite IP peeps!

My IP clinic got a new shipment in yesterday and i tried the new apple cinnamon puffs. They tasted exactly like the cereal Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Thankfully my omelets came in. I've had chocolate shakes 2 times a day for the past 4 days. Thank goodness I'll have a little variety for a change. Speaking of variety, I'm hoping to go to my local World Market store this weekend and buy some Torani or Da Vinci Syrup. Keeping my fingers crossed that they have the sugar free in stock.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #23  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Good morning! I am on day 7, can't believe I made it this far! Yesterday was tough, I found myself staring into the fridge quite a few times looking for "something" and then I'd remember my plan and pull my head out. I did finally give in and have a string cheese after dinner but at least that has lt 1 carb.

Week 1 has been extremely hard for me. My inner fat girl, Bertha, keeps telling me that I will never be able to do this another week but then I wake up and get on the scale or I read here about your success and I manage to get through the moment. I am focusing on one day at a time.

In one week I will be going on a short cruise with the girls. The thought of that is helping me stay motivated. My plan is to stick to protein foods and salads, treating the cruise as a spa rather than an all-you-can-eat-all-the-time experience.

Have a great day!
wow, i'm totally inspired by your mindset. i always think of vacations as being just what you said...."an all-you-can-eat-all-the-time experience". but it's really about spending time with the people you care about. thanks for that light bulb moment. I will definitely think about that on my next trip. sending you lots of , but i don't think you'll need it!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:36 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
I found an alternate plan in one of the other threads - not sure which one because I sat and read old threads for quite a few hours last week. I downloaded every file I found knowing I'd never be able to find it again I will try to attach the file here if I can figure out how to do that. I think this alternate plan is aimed at diabetics but not sure - I'm only in week 1!
Thank you! but I think these are for the regular plan.... can anyone clarify? cause the phase one sheet is the one I am doing
Old 02-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
LOSINGFORGOOD2010...Thanks!
As for you question, I have a sheet at home explaining what guidelines to follow when someone has diabetes. I will pass at home tonight and see what is written on it!
Thank you!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:41 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyFat View Post
Very touching story... I also lost my father 3 years ago. I was his primary care giver for 12 years and I miss him SO MUCH!! I had no idea it would be this difficult... but it is getting easier. Christmas is the most difficult time for me. Hang in there... I know he is proud of you!!
You are right it does get easier, but there is always that feeling that something is missing...but it's great the think about all the nice memories we had!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #27  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning everyone!! Another COLD day here in Wyoming!! I usually don't mind the cold but I will say I am looking forward to spring!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Originally Posted by CutieEli
Good Morning my IP Friends

I hope you all have a great day today!
I am feeling pretty good today..but I do feel a bit sad. Last night I went to bed remembering that Monday was Valentine's day. I knew it was coming but since my bf and I didn't really plan anything it kind of skipped my mind.
This day is really special to me because every year before my father passed away, 3 years ago now, I used to be his valentine. I used to live with him and on that day after school or work I would get home and find a bouquet of white roses (my favorites) on the table with a beautiful card. He would always pick out the nicest card with the nicest thing written in it..and he would add more to it and make me cry. I was his little princess and he meant the world to me...so we just spent that evening together have supper and it was nice. I miss him a lot and it seems like today it's almost making me cry...I hope he is proud of me and is kicking me in the butt to lose this weight I know he would be cheering me on!
Sorry ..I needed to vent out and instead of crying at work lol..[/i]

Yeah...I feel with both of you. I took care of Pops the last 5 years and he made it to 94 last year. They were some of the most meaningful days of my life and now...well, someones missing. I still hug his sweaters and kiss him on the cheek of this beautiful photo we took with my sister a few months before he passed. That's why I started IP. The grief took it's toll on me with food and drink and one day I woke up and realized it was time. I know he wouldn't have wanted to see my decline into depression and lose my health on his account. I realized that would not be a fitting tribute to someone who at just shy of 95, still looked like Popeye cause he always took good care of himself.
Thanks for sharing your stories Ladies and have a great day.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:12 AM   #29  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Hey Hey everyone!!! It feels like a heat wave here in MT. gonna be in the 30's today. Super excited. Yesterday was a full 2 weeks back on the diet and I have done well. I was pretty happy yesterday since we had a staff meeting complete with all sorts of sugary pastries and I did not partake. Yay for me!! Then (i shoot pool 2 nights a week) we had pool and there was all sorts of fried yumminess and again I did not partake!! Double Yay for me!!! I will continue my journey one day at a time. So far so good today!
Old 02-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #30  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Default Diabetes Phases

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
OK, I asked this question a few days back with no response... can some one help? My boyfriend is type 2 diabetes...and wants to try this plan. I think there is an alternative plan for IP for this? I can not find if there is actually a 'sheet' drawn up showing what to eat and when... does anyone know? Thanking you in advance.
Alternative Phase 1
Alternative Phase 1 is for people who have diabetes. Coaches may suggest it for other reasons, as well.

Alternative Plan - Phase 1 - To Be Followed Until 90% Of Your Weight Goal Is Achieved

Breakfast

1 IP packet
plus one group choice (groups listed below)
plus coffee/tea with 1 oz skim milk
sweetener allowed

Lunch

1 IP packet
plus 1 group choice
plus 2 cups select veggies and unlimited lettuce

Dinner

7 oz fish or 5 oz meat from select choice
plus 1 group choice
plus 2 cups select veggies

Snack

1 IP packet

Compulsory

64 oz water

1-2 teaspoon olive or grape seed oil

Regular IP supplements

IMPORTANT: only one choice from each GROUP is permitted per day. ALL THREE GROUPS MUST be consumed per day.

GROUP 1

2 slices toast ( whole grain, pumpernickel, rye, multi-grain, sourdough, stone ground whole wheat, oat bran, sprouted grain)
150 grams whole wheat pasta
150 grams brown rice (not instant)
1 sweet potato, or small boiled potato
60 grams oatmeal ( non instant)
150 - 200 grams couscous
50 grams unsweetened cereal (bran, oat, whole grain or barley)
150 grams cooked legumes (chick peas, lentils, green peas, kidney beans)
150 grams corn

GROUP 2

Fresh fruit ( example: 1 grapefruit, 1 apple, 2 kiwis, 150 g pineapple, 1 banana,200 g strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries.)
Fruit is allowed, but optional, and must not be replaced with another food group.

GROUP 3

1 sugar free yogurt
1 - 6 oz glass milk (2% B.F. or less)
30 grams hard cheese (about 20% B.F.)
120 grams cottage cheese
60 grams feta cheese

Meat, veggie, seasoning choices are the same as regular phase 1.

Last edited by carlasherea; 02-10-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Closed Thread