Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #31  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

W4 and another 3.2LBS bites the dust!
I was a little discouraged last WI and at the begining of this week thinking that it was all for nothing, but I've changed my tune! It is so worth it! There is no way on any other diet I could lose this much in this short of time.

My coach and I have figured out that my body does need exercise to lose weight. I've been doing 30 minutes everyday of low intesity cardio, and it seems to be working.

On the topic of before pictures, This is one of the ways I keep motivated. Just before I started on IP my friends got married, when I saw the pictures of myself I knew I had to start doing something about my weight. I keep this picture as profile pricture and on my desk top at work as a constant reminder. I also did before shots with my bikini on and I think it's about time to do another shoot to the see the diffience a month can make on IP.

Good luck everyone with your personal motivations, we can do this!

Last edited by JCWilkie; 02-03-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #32  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATonIP View Post
Hi everyone! I'm attending an IP seminar tonight at a local clinic. This will be my first experience with IP and I'm excited to learn more. This forum has been extremely helpful as I was looking for answers to some questions - I plan to go to the seminar tonight armed with information and good questions for the coach. Are there any specific questions you can think of that I should ask at this meeting? Is there anything you wish you would've known up front that you found out a few days or weeks into IP?
Hi KAT, and welcome. There's an entire thread to answer your last two questions. I've bumped it for you.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #33  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
Sorry to be a PIA, but did anyone answer the turkey bacon question? Did I miss it? Thanks
I just did a google search on turkey versus pork bacon, it seems that the pork bacon is actually healther!!
Turkey Pork
Calories 35 35
Total Fat 3g 3g
Sat. Fat 1g 1.25g
Trans Fat 0g 0g
Cholesterol 15mg 5mg
Sodium 190mg 85mg
Total Carb. <1g 0g
Protein 2g 2g

This information was found on Super Jason's Personal Blog. The recipe calls for only 4 slices crumbled over the chicken, I think it would be all right. Someone let me know if I am way off please.

Last edited by DinobowerRN; 02-03-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #34  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
Sorry to be a PIA, but did anyone answer the turkey bacon question? Did I miss it? Thanks
My coach says bacon is okay (emphasized because it is not ideal) if you are eating it as part of your cooked meal (i.e. don't add it to the IP omelet) -- you are only supposed to eat it occasionally and you need to make sure it has no sugar (some are sugar cured) no MSG and no Nitrates. I use both regular and turkey bacon but only on a super special occasion and I only allow myself 1 piece. Since it is high in both salt and fat I was told to be careful and tread lightly. (I am also a big fan of pancetta - which I am only allowed occasionally and it packs a heap of flavor for two thin, thin slices added to sauces)

Hope this helps
Old 02-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
I was supposed have my first WI on Tuesday, but we're iced in here in Oklahoma. I have 2 pouches left and no sign of the ice melting so I can't make it in for more. I guess I'll be on my own with just veggies and a little meat for the weekend. Any advice? I can make it to Walmart, but the clinic I go to is 30 miles away on an old highway that isn't driveable. HELP!
Sorry to hear you're iced in... I'm in west Texas & even though it's colder than ever remember, we can still drive the roads... I was going to suggest the protein shakes you can get a Walmart, but I see others have already mentioned them, so I'll just second it... they really are okay as an IP substitute, just pay attention to the labels... you could also turn the next couple of days into Phase 2 days, your IP pouch for one meal & lean meat/fish for the other two, 'til you can get to your clinic... you'll stay in ketosis that way, with no harm done... I've done that a couple of times through the months I've been on protocol & never skipped a beat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee View Post
Day 4: I've lost 7 pounds so far

I've been really tired at night and have been falling asleep by 8:30pm. i guess it is from the lack of calories. Got charlie horses again last night.

My Walden Farms order came in last night. I tried the new Chipotle Ranch and it was good. very spicy, has a nice kick for a cajun gal like me!
I'm glad to hear the Chipotle Ranch is good... I've been considering it, but so far have stuck with WF Bleu Cheese & Bacon Ranch...

I hope your charlie horses go away... I used to have those, but not since I started IP...

~~~~~~~~~

This cold weather has put me in kind of a foul mood, worrying about frozen water pipes & not being able to get outside much... last night I really had to fight temptation to overeat... good thing there's nothing off-protocol in my house anymore... I soothed my mental/emotional cravings with a couple of deviled eggs, made with WF Bacon Ranch dressing, spicy brown mustard, sea salt, & cracked pepper... yummmmm...

hugs
Old 02-03-2011, 12:33 PM   #36  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee View Post
Day 4: I've lost 7 pounds so far

I've been really tired at night and have been falling asleep by 8:30pm. i guess it is from the lack of calories. Got charlie horses again last night.
You really must watch or increase your potassium and make sure you get at least 3,500 mg a day. Salmon, spinach, celery, Romaine, and mushrooms are all good choices in addition to the K/Cal tablets you take (1,600 mg/day). But there are other foods, too. Just Google "potassium rich foods." Both potassium and, especially, magnesium will help with the tiredness. But tiredness comes with the early territory. AND often the more you sleep the easier it is to lose the weight.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #37  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Yesterday I ended the day with eating tooo much....but today is a new day..I was frustrated and allowed that to rock my world...
So today my world will be solid and I'm going to push thru it...
I lost another 2 lbs yesterday ...
I'm glad this site is here..I think I'm driving everyone crazy about the weight loss and program...but when finally after a lifetime you find something that works you want to share and be excited...so I think for now I need to share more with you guys...I guess I do feel sad today...

So sorry you are sad...I know the feeling I went there a few weeks ago...with my 2 week break...which was good (especially with no weight change..but never left ketosis). I too think I drive my hubby crazy. It is all good. ESpecially when we are a size 6 soon! Hey if you find your way to the Northeast again, let me know..we can get together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
Good morning everyone!

I decided last night not to order "cheaper & similar" IP products. I am scared that they contain ingredients that we aren't allowed having!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!
I understand how you feel...I too refused to try anything else...because I was kicking butt and did not want to affect it. I started my daughter and her husband on it (they live 6 hours away with no clinic) using alternatives...he has lost 40 in 5 weeks and she has lost 30 in 5 weeks (he only had 60/70 to lose...she has over 100 to lose). So, I ordered the bars from Lindora...they are the same exact bars..down to the wrapping and codes on the wrapping. I still use IP omelets and blue cran-granita drinks, but I have been using the Atkins shakes 2-5 carbs (I just leave 1/3 of shake behind).

But it has been 5 months for me and I have spent 1000s so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Good morning all. I haven't been able to catch up on the posts yesterday and the night before, I've been spring cleaning. It feels great to get rid of this extra crap. My sister joined IP yesterday and she is the type where she questions and researches every thing so when she asks me something and I don't know how to explain it, she'll be able to explain it to me! I love all the information and support on this site. I've been doing ok on plan, not 100%, because I didn't have all my veggis one day, and a neighbor brought some authentic mexican food over and I had a few bites of it. It had beef and a green sauce on it. I love the burn below my eyes!! The hotter the better. Super bowl we don't have any plans, so that's not an issue. Everyone have a great day!
How are you doing? I am reenergized and pushing forward...I have lost 7 pounds since Friday not bad for the 20th week (of course I didn't lose any the two weeks before that).
I hope you are well
Old 02-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Hey everyone! WI #2 this afternoon and I am hoping it is good! Had a little oopsie the first week where I was eating 1-2 tablespoons of oil when it was only supposed to be teaspoons so I have a feeling that affected my loss! But I corrected this week and hopefully all will be well.

As others have also said, you all are such motivation for me. I love getting up and coming on here in the morning to catch up with everyone. It really gets my day off to a great start!

Have a great day everyone! I will come and check in after my weigh in and let you know how it went.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 155/145/135

Height: 5'9"

2nd WI and I lost 1.6 lbs. I wish it was a little more, but once again the good news is I lost 2.4 lbs of fat. It's now a total of 6 pounds, but 7 lbs of fat. It feels good not to be losing muscle weight.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 246/214/150

Height: 5'7"

Having an okay day...didnt lose any weight to speak of at WI #2 (0.8) I did lose inches. I am now two days into WI #3, got on the scale and still havent lost anything. I am 100% OP and sooo frustrated that it just isn't happening fast enough. I can't really not exercise. I have animals to feed twice daily and with all the snow it is definitely a workout and shoveling on top of that. Cravings and hunger were soooo bad last night. I ate a dill pickle and 1/2 cup of cucumbers to take the edge off. Yikes...I think my body is holding onto every pound for dear life.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #41  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Back from WI #4 and a bit dissapointed only 1.2# loss. After 3 previous WI's and 8-9 each one of those WI's. I have changed nothing and follow protocol to a T!

Will keep at it. A loss is a loss. Have a great week all!
Old 02-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #42  

juiceman11, I think weeks 3 & 4 are notorious for that... you're still doing great!..

hugs
Old 02-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #43  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

juiceman11, you're right - a loss is a loss - and not a gain!! There were some weeks where I followed protocol to a "T" and barely lost a pound or two. It was so discouraging for me! But I must tell you to stick with it! Your body is doing some incredible work that is not always visible from a scale. I bet you lost inches this week. Your body is doing amazing work and if you stick with it the numbers will come. Keep up the good work - and I really LOVE your quote at the bottom of your posts!
Old 02-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #44  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Back from WI #4 and a bit dissapointed only 1.2# loss. After 3 previous WI's and 8-9 each one of those WI's. I have changed nothing and follow protocol to a T!
But, but, but. Did you lose inches? Sheshie's right about the slump. But you're supposed to lose inches if you don't lose pounds (in an ideal world).
Old 02-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #45  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
Having an okay day...didnt lose any weight to speak of at WI #2 (0.8) I did lose inches. I am now two days into WI #3, got on the scale and still havent lost anything. I am 100% OP and sooo frustrated that it just isn't happening fast enough. I can't really not exercise. I have animals to feed twice daily and with all the snow it is definitely a workout and shoveling on top of that. Cravings and hunger were soooo bad last night. I ate a dill pickle and 1/2 cup of cucumbers to take the edge off. Yikes...I think my body is holding onto every pound for dear life.
If the scale isn't moving this early in the game and you have more than 10 or so pounds to lose....here is what I tell anyone that I have turned on to IP...

Are you getting enough water? I have had over 100 ounces a day...every day of the diet and when my daughter goes below that she doesn't lose.

Are you eating too much sodium? I had to give up pickles the third week in...miss them, but I don't mind the scale sliding down. Others things to watch are hot sauce and tamara...I love them, but use them once a week and no more.

We started at a similar weight and if you stick to the protocol the weight will fly off...fly off! I had one bad week and that was week 4 (I only lost a pound) until week 16 when I added exercise. I have quit the exercise and swoosh go the pounds again. Please stay with this program....it is the number one diet I have ever been able to succeed with. Good luck on your journey.
Closed Thread