Old 01-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #1  
Started 1/31/11

S/C/G: 268.8/258/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Starting this week

My chiropractor introduced me to ideal protein last week when I was getting an adjustment. I set up an appointment for tomorrow to get started and have spent the last week reading everything I could find on IP. I am impressed and I trust my chiropractor to only endorse/recommend/provide something that is healthy. I have done WW before (twice) and lost significant weight but was always always always starving and gained it back. I am excited that this program seems to work without the hunger and that there are so many of you doing well on it. I Like the idea of packaged food actually, one less thing for me to think or worry about.

I have about 120 lbs to lose and am looking forward to getting to know all of you.
CAMom2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #2  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMom2011 View Post
My chiropractor introduced me to ideal protein last week when I was getting an adjustment. I set up an appointment for tomorrow to get started and have spent the last week reading everything I could find on IP. I am impressed and I trust my chiropractor to only endorse/recommend/provide something that is healthy. I have done WW before (twice) and lost significant weight but was always always always starving and gained it back. I am excited that this program seems to work without the hunger and that there are so many of you doing well on it. I Like the idea of packaged food actually, one less thing for me to think or worry about.

I have about 120 lbs to lose and am looking forward to getting to know all of you.
Welcome to the club! I found that the hunger seemed to go away after day 3...and the cravings went away by day 4 or 5. I'm on week 3 myself, so I'm not that much farther ahead of you. Congrats on your decision to get healthy!
YankeeFan14040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #3  
Started IP 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 211/196/160

I have been on IP for a month now and LOVE it! I really love coming to this site and reading about everyone success. It keeps me motivated to stay on track, especially on the days where all I want to eat is anything with calories and carbs! I think the best advice I got from the "senior" members is to read the newbie thread with different ideas to keep things interesting. If you are always trying new things, it will keep you from getting bored of the same things over and over again!

Good Luck tomorrow!
kbkwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 157/157/125

i started IP 3 times and could not make it past the 3rd day...I was so hungry but everyone says once your past the 3rd day its much easier. Im a home health nurse and am in my car ALL day which was a drag when drinking so much water. Im not creative at all. I am debating restarting the diet again but need some suggestions. I do think I will do ok once past the first three days. Good luck to you tomorrow and keep your will power about you...if anyone has suggestions please help...

thanks
SOONER22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!! I've been on the program for just a little over 2 weeks. I am not going to give you the run around, it's difficult at first, but not overcomable. I love the insight and advice I have found from this site!! I hope that your journey is a wonderful and positive one!!!
whisperingshouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMom2011 View Post

I am in week 16............it WORKS!!! when you get hungry or need motivation look at the progress pictures in the mini-goals section.
I found it helped to stave off the hunger by eating often. I still do really.
breakfast......whatever packet you choose.
snack before lunch......salad....lettuce only I find romaine the "heartiest"
lunch......protein (either your cooked or a packet) and 2 cups of veggies
snack before dinner......salad lettuce only again
dinner.....just like the above lunch.
snack before bed.....protein pack.

This really helped me the first few days I really was not hungry.
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOONER22 View Post
i started IP 3 times and could not make it past the 3rd day...I was so hungry but everyone says once your past the 3rd day its much easier. Im a home health nurse and am in my car ALL day which was a drag when drinking so much water. Im not creative at all. I am debating restarting the diet again but need some suggestions. I do think I will do ok once past the first three days. Good luck to you tomorrow and keep your will power about you...if anyone has suggestions please help...
Can you start it so that you hit days 3 & 4 when you're not working? There's no guarantee that your most difficult days will be days 3 & 4 but it seems to be the most reported pattern.

About the water: Can you have water just before you go into see a patient/client and then maybe use the toilet before you leave?
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote