Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 02:05 PM   #61  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
Hi there,
I am entering my 4th week on IP..YAY! I am 14 lbs lighter and 22 inches smaller! I have not been eating any restricted items. Is it okay for me to have a bar at this point?
Does anyone know if Almond milk is okay to have in coffee...it has 40 cal, and 2 carbs per cup.
Thanks in advance!!
Hi Hollly -- I am sooo jealous of the inches lost -- I am hoping for those as well as the weight--I know it will happen but it is slower then the weight (at least for me)) I have been eating restricted from the beginning - I only use them 3-4 times a week and it has not - at least yet- slowed my weight loss -- the only thing I watch is if I have a restricted, say a bar at night, I don't eat oatmeal the next morning - also if I plan for a restricted then I choose the lower carb items for my other 2 packets that day -- hope this helps
Old 01-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #62  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I learned that trick this morning, google is a much better search then 3FC. But here's an FYI for ya, I will always call you out when posting a question... with something like... "Yes Svelting, I have looked for it, so please quit rolling your eyes at me" LOL!

You'll also be happy to know that I am saving several questions for my coach, just to see what her response is. If in doubt, I will always run here.

To some of the other newbies on this thread, if you go to the Newbie thread, Yankee has posted some of the IP handouts, food journal, progress chart and a list of IP foods available. You may find some of this helpful.

Back to the rafters and reading...

Coloradodivegirl - I am dying over here. I have been reading your posts the past few days and you are a character. We need someone like you to livin' this forum up. haha. Keep it up and looking forward to reading your posts in the future.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
How much splenda do you add?
I usually just add 1 packet of TruVia and 2 drops of liquid splenda. Today I was out of TruVia so I just had 2 drops for liquid splenda and a cap full of SF Vanilla syrup - sprinkled with cinnamon. It was yummy!
Old 01-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #64  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
dang it guys....i'm still dizzy and having tummy troubles. feel kinda weak in a weird way too. my blood pressure is up and my heart rate is 99 just standing doing nothing... i think it's time to go to the doctor.... i hope it's not the protocol, i'm not done melting this fat away yet!!! and i'm FREEZING to death! uhhhh...has anyone experienced anything like this?

sorry just had to have a little pitty party for myself...
This sounds like something out of the realm of our ability to help, and I'm so sorry. I think I would go to a doctor as well.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #65  
Started 9/25/10

S/C/G: 310 / 252 / 210

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
dang it guys....i'm still dizzy and having tummy troubles. feel kinda weak in a weird way too. my blood pressure is up and my heart rate is 99 just standing doing nothing... i think it's time to go to the doctor.... i hope it's not the protocol, i'm not done melting this fat away yet!!! and i'm FREEZING to death! uhhhh...has anyone experienced anything like this?

sorry just had to have a little pitty party for myself...
The way you're feeling is outside the normal parameters for this diet.

Do you have a way to check your blood sugar? My guess is it's low.
http://diabetes.webmd.com/tc/hypogly...sugar-symptoms

Low blood sugar will cause you problems in the near term. (High blood sugar just kills you slowly.) You could try 4-8 oz of fruit juice. It will kick you out of ketosis, and it may not help. I would definitely see a doctor.

Last edited by tedski; 01-28-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #66  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Coloradodivegirl - I am dying over here. I have been reading your posts the past few days and you are a character. We need someone like you to livin' this forum up. haha. Keep it up and looking forward to reading your posts in the future.
Well well, aren't you sweet Beachbella! Thank you!!! I will stay as long as this place allows me too, if I become an irritant, just give me a warning flag, and I'll try to behave better...

I hope I remain fun, when the days of boo hoo'ing over not having red licorice begin! **tee hee** And this girl, is so ready to begin.

Today I have my steno pad ready (yes, Carla will get a kick out of that) have my food journal sheets copied off (thank you again Yankeefan) Progress chart, front and center, and all my grocery lists printed off. Now I guess I just get to watch the calendar.

Hope everyone is enjoying their packets and veggies
Old 01-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #67  
Lynn

S/C/G: 218/186/160

Height: 5'8"

I give up! What does "NSV" and "SV" stand for?
Old 01-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

...NSV=non scale victory , such as compliments from friends, smaller jeans fitting, losing inches, etc.

SV= scale victory, loss of pounds !!
Old 01-28-2011, 02:55 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

...I just made a birthday cake for stepson, he is 21 today.
...the cake, ehh, I can pass ..HOWEVER....I made homemade fudge icing w cocoa powder, powdered sugar, butter, milk....it was always my kids favorite !!

I am pledging here and now that I will lick the spoon ONLY !!! Lord, give me strenght !!
Old 01-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #70  
Lynn

S/C/G: 218/186/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane49 View Post
...NSV=non scale victory , such as compliments from friends, smaller jeans fitting, losing inches, etc.

SV= scale victory, loss of pounds !!
Thanks so much! I would have NEVER figured that one out!
Old 01-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #71  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
There couldn't have been more than 10 in there. Have I ruined my week?
No. Go back to 100% protocol and you'll be ok. Don't do it again, though! It's the small, subconscious habits that are hard, but they helped get us where we are. We need to kick those, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickmouse View Post
I've been reading this board and the thread on Phase 2 and now I'm wondering - am I doing Phase 1 right?

My coach said I could spread my protein out - so if I wanted 2oz of protein @ lunch w/ my salad then the rest for dinner - that was fine. So that's pretty much what I've been doing. I add a small amount of meat to my salad @ lunch then have the rest with veggies for dinner. I usually have my 2nd IP pack (pudding) around 3pm as a snack - and then another pack around 8:30p as a night time snack. So I'm eating 3 packs but only 1 of them really as a meal (breakfast). Almost seems like I'm doing sort of a Phase 2 thing but just eating 3 packs.

Should I not be spreading my protein out like that and just have veggies/salad for lunch w/ pudding??

So far I've been happy with my weight loss - so maybe it doesn't matter???
My coach said the same thing. I'm thinking as long as you're following the rules of WHAT to eat, you'll be fine. Sometimes I do the same as you, and on days I workout, I have two servings of protein or an extra packet. If you stall or really slow up, then you'll have something to work with, but for now, you're losing great! Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
The way I cook tilapia or any kind of frozen fish like cod, mahi, or ocean perch is broiled. I spray a baking pan, lay the the fillets, season them with sea salt, pepper and any other spices like Mrs. Dash, then squeeze lemon on top and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Broiling cooks them well and a bit crispy like fried fish, without the ton of oil and the mess on the stove.
SO doing this tonight! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithaa View Post
BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING -- any tips for jazzing up the this IP pudding.
In coffee, it tastes like a macchiato. LOVE it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Score!!! I'm on my way to go get some bloomin onions and Chocolate thunder from down under! oh, you said "anything to make IP friendly" my bad! Just kidding, I wouldn't do that.
Only a could do that! Those were my thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
I wrote that in an ultra crabby period. Now the new threads are popping up with the same frequency as when I posted that. I'm pleased to report my annoyance level with such events has gone down. For the most part, I the newbie question threads to more patient folk.

As for the search, check out the google tip in the first post of the daily chat thread. I never use the site search tool except to search a username.
I like yours and Linden's more straightforward answers. Sometimes.
Really, though, the best advice one of ya'll gave me when I first logged on was to READ! I've learned so much from researching it myself, but I've also learned that if I just don't know, or am still confused, to ask. But that blog post was funny. Why'd you quit blogging? I liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio87 View Post
I am new to the thread and to IP. I started this morning with a pink lemonade and was not thrilled with it - hoping that lunch is better! I am a grade one teacher and we have a prep day today so I am cleaning my desk and the area surrounding it so I can start Feb in an organized fashion. I am looking forward to seeing some results early on but will definitely struggle with the veggies - I am not a fan! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Welcome and bless you for that. I'm a high school teacher (off this year to stay home with my babies!), and can't imagine 20-something little kids. Blech. The recipes thread has some WONDERFUL veggie ideas, and I've tried things I never would have before from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Week 4 for me was about listening to my body. I have had to tweak the plan to suit me. I have added another protein serving on my training days, I have added one extra tsp of oil everyday. Some days I was lethargic, some days I was energized, since doing the changes, I have been feeling great, more of an even keel.
Brilliant. Way to go on paying attention to what your body needs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debonadiet View Post
good morning! it's a beautiful day in bama! in the 60s and sunny! I"m glad, b/c my loss has been stalled for a week! ugh. oh well, i still feel good, and i'm still down 12 lbs- i KNOW this works. just gotta keep at it. congrats everyone on the losses and NSVs. we can do this!
Not as beautiful as here near Death Valley. Geaux Tigers, Beat Bama...well, maybe when your quarterback graduates! And yes, keep at it. I gained weight one week and lost almost 9 inches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
Hi there,
I am entering my 4th week on IP..YAY! I am 14 lbs lighter and 22 inches smaller! I have not been eating any restricted items. Is it okay for me to have a bar at this point?
Does anyone know if Almond milk is okay to have in coffee...it has 40 cal, and 2 carbs per cup.
Thanks in advance!!
What about the fat? Almonds are high in fat. I keep saying, try the vanilla RTD! Walmart has one (EAS AdvantEdge, Carb Smart), and it rocks in coffee. Yes, you can have a bar! And, dude. That's almost 2 FEET off your body!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Back to the rafters and reading...
I love it. You get a great workout jumping back and forth from the rafters all day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
It's Friday!.. glad to see so many happy faces here & hear about all your SVs & NSVs... it's been a good IP protocol week for me, so I'm feeling better about myself than I have since right before Christmas... tomorrow, I'm having dinner with a friend at THE coolest restaurant in town... I've already looked at the menu on their website & know exactly what I'll be having... so, if any of you ever find yourself in Lubbock, Texas, (not sure why you'd come here, but who knows) check out Gardski's Loft... let me know you're coming, & I'll meet you there!..

hugs
Awesome! Don't you just LOVE online menus? I want to come to Lubbock, just because I love Texas! If I do ever make it out there, you'll be the first one I call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Just got back from WK #3 WI was -6lbs with 9 inches off as well! This week's WI will give me the motivation to stay legal with IP for my girls night out tomorrow night.
Dang right, it will! What an awesome Week 3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane49 View Post
...I just made a birthday cake for stepson, he is 21 today.
...the cake, ehh, I can pass ..HOWEVER....I made homemade fudge icing w cocoa powder, powdered sugar, butter, milk....it was always my kids favorite !!

I am pledging here and now that I will lick the spoon ONLY !!! Lord, give me strenght !!
JUST DON'T DO IT!!!
Old 01-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #72  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

It's a gorgeous day here in Tiger Country/Who Dat Nation! I've been playing outside with the twins all day, and I have to say, I feel SO much better than I used to. I've lost 10% of my body weight (and then a little extra, too!), and I can squat, jump up off the ground, haul them in the wagon, and play airplane...ALL without getting out of breath! Score one for mommy!
Old 01-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #73  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Big NSV.....I no longer need BP meds! Horray! Just got back fromt he doctor. Last week I was always real dizzy and even worse when I would get up from sitting or laying down. I stopped taking my BP meds this Monday and felt great all week. Checked with the Dr. and he said it was ok, just keep monitoring my BP. This diet is changing me quickly and I love it!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:13 PM   #74  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Big NSV.....I no longer need BP meds! Horray! Just got back fromt he doctor. Last week I was always real dizzy and even worse when I would get up from sitting or laying down. I stopped taking my BP meds this Monday and felt great all week. Checked with the Dr. and he said it was ok, just keep monitoring my BP. This diet is changing me quickly and I love it!
That's amazing news! Congrats!!!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 152/132/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
It's a gorgeous day here in Tiger Country/Who Dat Nation! I've been playing outside with the twins all day, and I have to say, I feel SO much better than I used to. I've lost 10% of my body weight (and then a little extra, too!), and I can squat, jump up off the ground, haul them in the wagon, and play airplane...ALL without getting out of breath! Score one for mommy!
WTG on the weight!!! and, roll tide i'm feeling better too- isn't it GREAT! it's totally worth not eating junk!
Closed Thread