Old 01-30-2011, 06:35 PM   #16  
Optimistic Lady

S/C/G: 275/275/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default Senokot

Have you talked to your Dr. about Senokot? It is a natural laxative made from vegetables and usually does not have cramping associated with results. Keep in mind that laxatives/stool softeners work by using some form of sodium to draw water out of your cells to "flush out" the stool.

Here's the info:

Safety InformationDo not use laxative products for longer than 1 week unless directed by a doctor. Ask a doctor before use if you have stomach pain; nausea; vomiting; noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks. Stop use and ask a doctor if you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These may indicate a serious condition. If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Do not use if imprinted seal under cap is missing or damaged.

IndicationsRelieves occasional constipation (irregularity). Generally produces a bowel movement in 6-12 hours.

IngredientsActive Ingredient (in each Tablet): Sennosides (8.6 mg). Inactive Ingredients: Croscarmellose Sodium, Dicalcium Phosphate, Hypromellose, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mineral Oil.

DirectionsTake preferably at bedtime or as directed by a doctor. Adults and Children 12 Years of Age and Older: Starting Dosage - 2 Tablets once a day; Maximum Dosage - 4 Tablets twice a day. Children 6 to Under 12 Years: Starting Dosage - 1 Tablet once a day; Maximum Dosage - 2 Tablets twice a day. Children 2 to Under 6 Years: Starting Dosage - 1/2 Tablet once a day; Maximum Dosage - 1 Tablet twice a day. Children Under 2 Years: Ask a doctor. Store at 25 degrees C (77 degrees F); Excursions permitted between 15-30 degrees C (59-86 degrees F).
Sbebs01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:12 AM   #17  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

My coach recommended Vitamin C. I have been taking 1000mg timed release every day since I started IP and the big "C" has never been a problem. She recommends it to all her clients and as far as I know it has worked for everyone including herself.
Mamadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:15 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
My coach recommended Vitamin C. I have been taking 1000mg timed release every day since I started IP and the big "C" has never been a problem. She recommends it to all her clients and as far as I know it has worked for everyone including herself.
Thanks for all the suggestions. I took Vit C - which I use to take before IP - but for some reason stopped. I usually take 1000mg/day too.

With that and getting back on my supplements (yes - I had missed a few days) - things are moving along fine now.

Thanks!
slickmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:34 PM   #19  
Started 9/25/10

S/C/G: 310 / 252 / 210

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
A gallon would be excessive unless you've been really active or in high humidity. On the other hand you should be drinking at least 100 ounces. Anything else and you're short-changing your system. This isn't my opinion. It's universal. I mean, how are you going to flush toxins let alone hydrate yourself on only 64 ounces of allowed fluids?
If IP wanted everyone drinking 100 oz a day then they why would they not say so? Can you site some references stating the 100 oz a day? I'm not arguing with you that 100 oz is bad, I just think that if you are going to state that something is universal, backing it up with references to scientific literature would be prudent.
tedski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:08 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

I have battled the big C since I started the program in September.....extra magnesium didn't work....unless I drank half the bottle in desperation (only once, and you drink a whole bottle for a medical test "prep"). Vitamin C didn't work (even large doses). Generic Citracel ( stool softener) by itself didn't work. My final solution: 4 tablets Citracel twice daily, 1 senna tablet twice daily, and EATING 2 STICKS OF CELERY daily. Now that I'm almost to get to eat fruit again, I finally figured this out!
Traveling Stitcher is offline   Reply With Quote