Old 01-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #31  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
Today is a much better day! This proves to me that pushing through the cravings and the bad days are soooo worth it, cause it probably ends up being 1 day instead of however many days it would take to get my body back on track.
Yesterday 1 of the MAJOR things that was said that kept me going was the question as to wether or not that "item" was worth 50$ and the time it could take to recover from it. thank you so much for that! i am a single mom so every penny counts and to think that the 85$ i spent on IP that week would be for nothing...well let's just see i didn't even look at the candy the rest of the day.
WI # 3 = another 3 pounds GONE!!! AND turns out they did their math wrong and that first week I got rid of 5.6 not 4.6 like I had thought. So that was like an additional hooray. So 11.6 in 3 weeks. I am officially a pound less than i was when i did HCG. The lowest I have gotten on the at home scale since being sober was 2 years ago when i got to 139 for a day. It took me 3 months of doing "slim for life" to get there from 158. And i think I will get there EASY in 2 months! I am sooo confident that I went to my grandmas and went on a shopping spree! she has been keeping about 4 bins stuffed full of clothes that were too small but i wouldn't get rid of. I took about 3000$ worth of clothes home and I think I will fit them all in 2 weeks and probably being getting rid of my "fat clothes"!!
This week im supposed to get my TOM so the 3 pound loss is even more satisfying! Might be why I have been having more cravings too...idk.
I bought the protein packets that have less carbs in them for this week: vanilla pudding, peach and mango drink, and the blueberry cranberry drink. I was afraid I may not like them but they are pretty good. just hope they keep me as full as the higher carb ones.
i ALSO think i am going to start exercising. my coach said to just take an extra protein packet before i do my exercise and to just start slow. I have a 6.5 month old rottweiler at home that i think would LOVE to take me on a walk everyday when i get home for 20 min. so i'm gonna start there. I also asked about the restricted packets and she said they are adviced to not give them out till phase 3 in most cases. but if i have a stall from exercise she said we can try adding in a few of those a week and see if that is what i need.
I am EXCITED and feel reinvigorated for IP!! LOVE IT!!!
YIPEEEEEEEE -- AWESOME loss (I think I have had the dreaded week 3-4 stall) Your post motivates me to keep at it. As a side note it is so funny (well more like frustrating) how all of our coaches who are running the same IP program have different rules or thoughts of how to execute the program -- You are a real trooper for not getting any restricteds --your coach has you doing this hard core and it is showing --WAY TO GO!!!!
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #32  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
Good morning to all of you!!

Today is way better then yesterday, I want to thank everybody who supported me because of my ex-boyfriend is now with one of my good girlfriend.. and really i'm happy for them, (made 2 years i'm not longer with my ex, we were together for 5 years) and I just wish the best for them, it will be a little weird to see them together, but it's fine with me.. anyways funny story, but I didn't cheat yesterday.. and after 2 days without me on a scale, I lost 2 pounds this morning..

I'm soooo happy, but everytime I go on this scale I remember myself that if I don't lose anything it's fine (because in my head I don't think it's possible for me to lose weight, silly enh!) But everytime i'm surprise.

I have to confess I did a dance in my bedroom this morning when I found out for those 2 pounds!!!! I was so excited!

Anyways have a good IP day to everyone!!
Dance away Vanessa!!! You deserve it!!!
DinobowerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #33  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote Carla: from yesterday, "Just a side note, I was at whole foods today and as I read through the salt selections I found Hawaiian red gold salt (with all minerals). I decided to give it a try. YUMM!! I like the flavor. As you said, there is a type of sweetness to it. I used it on some black cod I pan seared tonight. I served it with a lemon basil salsa and a spinach salad. The salt was a nice touch and change of pace."

Talk about yumm. Dinner sounds delicious.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #34  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
My first weigh in was this morning.....drum roll please....

I lost 12 pounds and 14.75 inches!!!!!!!!!! I cannot beleive it. I thought the scale was off. I even asked em to reweigh me. I even screwed up the protocol mulitple times by eating a restricted item every day (actually two on one day where I screwed up) one day I missed a pack completely and only had two. Forgot to take my salt for two days, took my vitamins before bed because I forgot to take em with dinner on two days..not to mention the accidental knife licking after makin a pb+j for my daughter. I am ECSTATIC! I am much more attentive to what goes in my mouth. Last night I wanted to lay on the kitchen floor and bawl. Today...I AM STOKED!

WHOO HOOO!!!! THAT'S GREAT!!!! If you need a crying buddy I'm your gal, I felt the same way last night!!! This is wonderful!!!
DinobowerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #35  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
Oh my goodness I read that about K and it almost brought a tear to my eye. How cute that she unknowingly is helping keep you motivated by making sure you have your water and wants to be like her dad!

What veggies have you made lately, I just made some zucchini and squash and realized I don't like the squash that much, but needed some variety from my reg broc and caul.?

Also, thanks for the poker info. We had a blast last night! I'm definately going to do it again.
She is always asking me if this or that is on my diet. She does know if it has sugar in it, that I cannot have it. She is a smart one!

As far as veggies go:
I have made the easy staples of steamed broccoli and cauliflower
roasted zuccini slices in the oven
roasted asparagus in the oven
stir fry of bok choy and broccoli
chinese buffet style green beans - my favorite so far
your moms brussel sprouts
Cauliflower style fried rice with an omlet packet - ok needs some refinement
fajita vegetables and chicken
going to try some stuffed mushrooms
cucumbers and onions in vinegar - another one of my favorites
plain cucumbers
whole dill pickles
sometimes just raw veggies too
I like the steamed turnips and want to try the turnip fries

Always searching and willing to try new veggies and methods of cooking them. Need to fire up the grill and grill some. I also want to try the cauliflower mashed potatoes.

Glad you had a good time with your poker night. I have my weekly game tonight. I have been in a slump the past few weeks at that game. Maybe tonight will be a winner.
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'5

Default Another snow day!!!

So yes it's snowing again in Jersey....seems to be the only weather we are having this winter....... Good luck to everyone today and congrats on all the victories both NSV and scale!! It's really motivating reading all of the posts thank you for the support

Last edited by soccerdixie; 01-26-2011 at 11:36 AM.
soccerdixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:39 AM   #37  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
YIPEEEEEEEE -- AWESOME loss (I think I have had the dreaded week 3-4 stall) Your post motivates me to keep at it. As a side note it is so funny (well more like frustrating) how all of our coaches who are running the same IP program have different rules or thoughts of how to execute the program -- You are a real trooper for not getting any restricteds --your coach has you doing this hard core and it is showing --WAY TO GO!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
Today is a much better day! This proves to me that pushing through the cravings and the bad days are soooo worth it, cause it probably ends up being 1 day instead of however many days it would take to get my body back on track.
Yesterday 1 of the MAJOR things that was said that kept me going was the question as to wether or not that "item" was worth 50$ and the time it could take to recover from it. thank you so much for that! i am a single mom so every penny counts and to think that the 85$ i spent on IP that week would be for nothing...well let's just see i didn't even look at the candy the rest of the day.
WI # 3 = another 3 pounds GONE!!! AND turns out they did their math wrong and that first week I got rid of 5.6 not 4.6 like I had thought. So that was like an additional hooray. So 11.6 in 3 weeks. I am officially a pound less than i was when i did HCG. The lowest I have gotten on the at home scale since being sober was 2 years ago when i got to 139 for a day. It took me 3 months of doing "slim for life" to get there from 158. And i think I will get there EASY in 2 months! I am sooo confident that I went to my grandmas and went on a shopping spree! she has been keeping about 4 bins stuffed full of clothes that were too small but i wouldn't get rid of. I took about 3000$ worth of clothes home and I think I will fit them all in 2 weeks and probably being getting rid of my "fat clothes"!!
This week im supposed to get my TOM so the 3 pound loss is even more satisfying! Might be why I have been having more cravings too...idk.
I bought the protein packets that have less carbs in them for this week: vanilla pudding, peach and mango drink, and the blueberry cranberry drink. I was afraid I may not like them but they are pretty good. just hope they keep me as full as the higher carb ones.
i ALSO think i am going to start exercising. my coach said to just take an extra protein packet before i do my exercise and to just start slow. I have a 6.5 month old rottweiler at home that i think would LOVE to take me on a walk everyday when i get home for 20 min. so i'm gonna start there. I also asked about the restricted packets and she said they are adviced to not give them out till phase 3 in most cases. but if i have a stall from exercise she said we can try adding in a few of those a week and see if that is what i need.
I am EXCITED and feel reinvigorated for IP!! LOVE IT!!!
I was allowed restricted's from the start but decided that I wanted to follow what was written on the sheets and they said no restricted's for the first 2-3 weeks. I think now that I am on week 3 I will just keep going and stay away from the restricted's. Just keep motoring on with basic protocol, I would hate to treat restricted's like "snacks". If I need them later when I start exercise or weight training I will consider them or just add a packet.

For the most part, I have 5 staple packets I like. Cappuccino in the morning during the week and omlete's on the weekends. Chicken soup for lunch. Then Blueberry or Orangae drink. I don't care for the chocolate drinks and despise the puddings. I have done well with just these and will sometimes swap them around. I seem to feel just as full as when I was trying other packets. The "fruity" tasting drinks do well for me and I was a big eater before IP.
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:44 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 235/lowest185/now200/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi all !
Sorry to tell that I have to leave phase 1. It was working so good for me until.. I started to get very bad D after every meal (not with real food like Dinner ) and I got that so bad that I have had watery D couple weeks already and did not lost any weight anyway ???
I would like to ask what you my friends think if I'm going to try phase 3 with real food, no meal replacment, am I still able to lose weight ? I really need to lose 30 more lbs. Thanks in advance ♥
I'm sure now that for some reason I came sensitive for Whey protein

Last edited by bulleriina; 01-26-2011 at 11:46 AM.
bulleriina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Just because I only got one answer yesterday (Thanks petiteandcute!) and I am really, very curious I am reposting what I asked yesterday on daily chat:

I have a question for you guys. I am on my 5th day now and have been seeing some interesting information on here. First of all, people who are staying between 20-25 carbs per day? Is that necessary? I haven't been under 25 carbs on any of my days this week.

I am also curious about the restricted packets. My coach has given me the restricted packets from the very beginning. Is this ok? Will that hamper my weight loss? Any answers are appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by Lalison; 01-26-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Lalison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:47 AM   #40  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
just wanted to pull this forward from yesterdays thread-

Hi all, nice to see all the good work! i have a question about diabetes and IP. my mom, aunt and grandma (yes, you read that correctly...lol) all want to get on protocol. I'm so freakin excited to have a close face to face group i can't stand it!!! BUT-my mom and aunt take diabetes meds. any advice? I told mom to check her blood regularly thru the day for awhile to make sure she isn't going to low. not sure what else... help please, comments, cautions, experiences, anything!
Rondar...I think I read that you were from Casper..maybe that was the other one...where does your mom live? My aunt lives in Casper, is diabetic and on the alternative IP plan. I think it would be very beneficial if your mom worked with a doctor on this. I would be very hesitatant to advice her to do it alone (at least until she fully understands the sciences involved). I know my aunt HAS to add a fruit, bread, and dairy every day...on top of her 4 packets. On the good side....she is 2 weeks in and has lost 12 lbs! Yeah! Good luck, seek out a doctor who provides IP is my suggestion!
wyoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
Just because I only got one answer yesterday (Thanks petiteandcute!) and I am really, very curious I am reposting what I asked yesterday on daily chat:

I have a question for you guys. I am on my 5th day now and have been seeing some interesting information on here. First of all, people who are staying between 20-25 carbs per day? Is that necessary? I haven't been under 25 carbs on any of my days this week.

I am also curious about the restricted packets. My coach has given me the restricted packets from the very beginning. Is this ok? Will that hamper my weight loss? Any answers are appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi there!

My coach usually waits until the 3rd week to give out the treats, but I asked to start them on my first week! She did not mind and said that we would see on my next weigh in if it did anything. For me it hadn't done anything I lost 7 lbs and I just kept having a treat a day either a bar, chocolate puff's, IP chips or soy nuts (actually these are ALL IP PRODUCTS). I usually stick to the bar and chocolate puff's (Great for the movies BTW!!) So see how your first week goes and if you see you lost a good amount of weight I wouldn't stop and talk to your coach about it too see what she thinks about that

Hope all goes well!!

Last edited by CutieEli; 01-26-2011 at 12:06 PM.
CutieEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #42  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Hope all have a successful day today! So many great WI and NSV's in the past few days threads. Congratulations to all.

I have a WI tomorrow and am excited for this. All my jeans do not fit anymore. I used to wear 42's, then I had a couple of pairs of 40's and was wearing those. Today put on 40's and they were LOOSE, my belt is on the last hole and needs another added!

Yesterday I had 3 people ask me what I was doing because they could notice a considerable difference. That felt great!

My 5 yr old daughter now drinks water out of little water bottles with me and prefers this as her drink of choice. When we go somewhere she will ask to take one with her and reminds me to get mine. She has also started packing her breakfast for school like dad takes his lunch to work. She by no means needs to lose weight, I think just like mimicking dad. She is also starting to like the veggies I prepare for dinner.

Dinners have been great at home and making them for all to like is a challenge but we are all doing great.

There are so many benefits to this program and they are all showing. Keep up the good work all!

Here is my motivation quote throughout my days......"Is that cookie (or non protocol food) worth $50 right now and slow/stop the roller coaster of results?" Not for me!
NEW PANTS -- YAHOOOO!!!! Congrats on all the positive things happening on IP - I love that you are teaching your daughter good eating habits - tools to make the little ones successful as they navigate thier lives are HUGE NSV. You should be so proud of her, no doubt she is super proud of her dad. Congratulations to both of you -- thanks also for the quote that is really motivating - I am taping it to my refrigerator and pantry door
Old 01-26-2011, 12:18 PM   #43  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulleriina View Post
Hi all !
Sorry to tell that I have to leave phase 1. It was working so good for me until.. I started to get very bad D after every meal (not with real food like Dinner ) and I got that so bad that I have had watery D couple weeks already and did not lost any weight anyway ???
I would like to ask what you my friends think if I'm going to try phase 3 with real food, no meal replacment, am I still able to lose weight ? I really need to lose 30 more lbs. Thanks in advance ♥
I'm sure now that for some reason I came sensitive for Whey protein
I don't know. Since the vast majority of the products are soy based, or more than 50% soy, why wouldn't you assume you're reacting to soy?
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #44  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post

Thanks!
I was also given restricted from the beginning on - I don't use them every day -- I use them about 3 -4 times a week

Plain crepes- a bar or two during the week and maybe an oatmeal -- I try not to double stack them - if I have a bar as my night snack I don't have oatmeal the next morning -- I space them out. I lost 10 pounds my first week and 4.5 the second -- I figure if I stall out then we have something to work with -i.e. no more restricted. You are probably going to get several different responses to this question - it seems each coach (although coaching the SAME PROGRAM) has different rules.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
My first weigh in was this morning.....drum roll please....

I lost 12 pounds and 14.75 inches!!!!!!!!!! I cannot beleive it. I thought the scale was off. I even asked em to reweigh me. I even screwed up the protocol mulitple times by eating a restricted item every day (actually two on one day where I screwed up) one day I missed a pack completely and only had two. Forgot to take my salt for two days, took my vitamins before bed because I forgot to take em with dinner on two days..not to mention the accidental knife licking after makin a pb+j for my daughter. I am ECSTATIC! I am much more attentive to what goes in my mouth. Last night I wanted to lay on the kitchen floor and bawl. Today...I AM STOKED!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's a great week, I also had an accident this week drank a partial cup of hot chocolate without even thinking. I realized it on the last sip and spit it back in(yes there were lots of people around) LOL!!
Maggiemagu is offline   Reply With Quote