Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 192/185/145

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Anyone have a good stuffed mushroom recipes to try besides the 2-3 that are in the recipe threads?

Hope everyone is having a great day and start to their week!
Funny i just made those today. I sauteed green onion, garlic, mushies, zuchini, celery (whatever you have on hand really). I added some water, fennel seed, salt, and poultry seasoning. I added this to my blender to make a thick paste and stuffed 2 portabello's! So good...
Old 01-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Good morning from very chilly NJ. Holly Macaroni is it cold out there today!

2 nights of dinners out of the weekend and had no issues. First night was a Sushi place and yesterday was Legal seafood. Had some grilled shrimp asked for it dry grilled and steamed broccoli. Wonderful!

Just a question for everyone. I noticed the past 3 days I have been a bit dizzy. I have been on IP since Jan 3 and have been fine so far. Before I make a call to my doc just wanted to see if anyone experienced this and what they did? I feel ok otherwise, it is not the TOM, I am eating all that I need to eat as well as my salt and water intake. I just can not figure it all out
Have you checked your Blood Pressure? It could be a little lower than you are used to. I had dizziness for a long time, and the doc who is the head of the program suggested this.
In my case my BP was going down, and now I am being weaned off medication. Can't wait to see if I can get off it altogether!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #63  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Good morning, I have noticed the days starting to get longer yippy!!! Spring is around the corner!!!

Carla - sorry to read about your Uncle's passing. The funeral sounded lovely and a celebration of his life.

Thank you also for all the time you put into answering (in depth) the questions.

I appreciate eveyone's input and knowledge about this protocol. I have been on IP almost 4 weeks and no one knows. I don't know why I feel like I need to keep it a secret, does anyone else feel that way?

I have another 2 weeks of product waiting at the post office for me!! I am getting a couple different things again this time- the crispy cereal and the pineapple/banana drink. The place I order from also gave me 10% of this order!!!

Have a great day everyone.
I've told my closest family members and a couple of people but that's it. I found that I'd rather let other people think than to talk about it to everyone. Also found that sometimes people would say mean things like "you'll never loose all that weight" I do not need the negativity. So I stick with the (very) few people that need to know and that's it. (Also I see people are starting to notice but won't say anything to my face... makes me chuckle.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:56 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharmeyer View Post
I see a lot of posts about Costcos drinks... There is no Costco here, does anyone have any other suggestions??
Trader Joe's carries the Pure Protein shakes too. I have also seen them on the Vitamin Shoppe website, but the last time I looked, they only offered the ones with 35 grams protein. I prefer the ones with 21 grams protein from Trader Joe.

If they are not in your area, consider doing a search online for Pure Protein drinks, to find a local source.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

I posted this same message on the OOPPS thread, but I'm desperate for advice so here it is.

I had a very dissapointing weekend and beginning of the week. I was so looking forward to start phase 3 yesterday, but my coach wants me to stay on phase 2 for a while. I had set my goal first to 130, then changed it to 135 When I reached 143 I noticed for the first time how much I have lost. That's when I posted my progress pics. I also lost losts of inches so I went from sizes 10 and 8 pants to 4, and from large/medium tops to small. So I raised the goal to 140. Since then I've lost 6 more pounds, 3 of them on phase 2. My coach says my goal needs to be 135 in case I gain weight when transitioning to phase 4. I currently weingt 137. I'm sorry for all the details, but back to my initial dissapointment. I had a horrible day. I started okay, but then I had a piece of candy, a handful of raisins, about 4 tbs of peanut butter and a cup of rice. I have also had small slip ups all weekend, ussually on peanut butter and almonds. I need an expert opinion. I think I will be more discipline if I go back to phase 1 for the rest of this the week, then do 2 more on phase 2. I think I need to get my body back into the program before I go to phase 3, so this works as it should. I'm so confused as of what to do. My concern is if I don't trabnsition properly, the weight will come back on phase 4. Any advice?
Old 01-24-2011, 10:16 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

NSV - Tonight I was with friends and all night they were.. wow you look beautiful, we don't know what it is but you shine!! They said you are always beautiful but tonight is great (and I had a big pimple on my chin!!!!!)

I LOVE it!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:31 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Good morning everyone!! I'm loving IP. For the first week, it was really hard..."how am I going to eat like this for MONTHS?!" and this last week was a breeze. Ketosis for me has been pretty great- appetite suppression for the most part and no cravings. Weeeeeee. One weird thing, though. I have dreams about eating off protocol all the time! Last night it was Christmas in my dream and I was stuffing my face. It took a few minutes after I woke up to not feel guilty. Strange!
I was completely shocked when reading this. I have had two dreams also this week about eating off protocol. I wake up and am so relieved that I don't have those foods in my house. Whew

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
OOOFHDA!!!! This was my first "weekend" on Ip and it was hard!!! I wanted carbs soooooo bad!! Really craving licorice!! LOL But I survived and stayed on plan. That scale better show a loss tomorrow or I will just cry!!!!!
LOL Great job for staying on plan! It can only get easier

Today was an awesome day I had my first weigh in and I was down 7.6 lbs. Wooo Hoooo that is a great start. I am so excited for weigh in number 2. Hugs to everyone. Keep chugging along. Looks like everyone is doing great. Welcome to all the newbies.

Oh yes.....I just wanted to report that I found out why my jello would not set up. I was using a cup instead of a bowl. For some reason it would not set up in my glasses. I lived on that jello for three months the first time I did IP and it only took 30 min to set up......I knew something was up. Anyways I got it figured out and now I can enjoy I am excited to try the cereal in the morning. I haven't had it yet.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:45 PM   #68  

Coqui

Your coach's job is to support YOU in reaching YOUR goals. If you're willing to transition to Phase 3 even at the risk of weighing 2-4 pounds more than you do now that is up to you, my dear. you can still phase off successfully without your coach's approval. His or her support is what you've paid for but it is not a requirement.

Aside from the glycogen water weight, what else is your coach concerned about? It's definitely worth asking and hearing and considering.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #69  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
Hello. This is my first post. I am on day 5. Finally starting to feel a little better. Still hungry but not feeling like I'm gonna kill the person next to me eating oreos. I am anxious about weigh in. I don't have a food scale so not sure if I am overeating on the meat. I am just eyeballing it to the approx size of the palm of my hand. Drinking lots of water and 2-3 cups of hot tea with Stevia. I set my goal at losing 96 pounds. I want so badly to get back on my horse (literally). I have been reading your posts and they have been really inspiring.
Hang in there! It does get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
Happy NSV: With this week's WI I went from "obese" to just "overweight". I know its not much, but I had to share -- you don't know how long I have been wanting this scale to move downward!
That's great!! Can't wait until I'm "just" overweight. I really don't care for the word obese....Good for YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
Had my 2nd WI today, down 3 pounds, and lost 3 inches! Yippee!! I got some new food to try, so I`m kindof excited to eat tonite My food is getting kindof boring...time to check out the recipes again!
Good for you!! Way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheck View Post
What is the difference between protocals?
Because I am on insulin and coumadin, my doctor wanted a slow approach. If you go to the Phases sticky at the top of the Ideal Protein page, you can see it. Basically, I had a choice each of one fruit, dairy, and grain per day. That was so I wouldn't crash so fast and my clotting levels in my blood wouldn't be affected so much. they recommend the Alt. Protocol for diabetics and children as they are still growing....

to all the newbies and congrats to all the NSV's and great WI's. ~ Pat
Old 01-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
i love poos!..... mine is 15 months old and part lab but looks so similar to your girl! such goofy personalities! Can't wait for the ice and cold to let up so we can go walking...

@~~~~~~~~

Wow... OCD fans & Poo fans! I may never leave this place

I have a hard time with the 4 cups of veggies too. my trick is to put 2 big handsful of spinach in the blender with a IP drink. blend and drink down. i like the vanilla and strawberry. i'm trying the pineapple banana one next. yum!

@~~~~~~~

Really? what's that taste like? (trying to control that gagging feeling I'm having right now)
it tastes like the drink you put it in mostly. it's just really green. before IP, i used to add frozen bananas, pineapple, mango, berries or whatever and use vanilla pp with ground flax seeds every morning. fresh baby organic is the absolute best for mild flavor. helps get the big C moving too if you know what i mean....
Old 01-24-2011, 11:12 PM   #71  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post

hello fellow wyomingite! it's cold here isn't it! week one is typically a great one for most ip-er's... you should do GREAT! here's to wishin big numbers for ya!
Yay more Wyo people to share the IP journey with! Question for you both. Have you found anywhere that sells WF items besides your coach? Where in Wyo are you?
Old 01-24-2011, 11:18 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
OOOFHDA!!!! This was my first "weekend" on Ip and it was hard!!! I wanted carbs soooooo bad!! Really craving licorice!! LOL But I survived and stayed on plan. That scale better show a loss tomorrow or I will just cry!!!!!
You and me, we are the same I was a total carboholic when I first started this diet in August. My favorite treat in the evening was licorice or nibs! I lost just over 30 lbs then I took a "break" in early November and I just realized I forgot about my licorice habit! I did not eat even 1 while on break! lol...weird!

I restarted IP on Jan 3 and i was 100% happy to be back! I am struggling now because I am partially an emotional eater and I am going through a rough patch right now and all I want to do is have a smoke (quit in oct. 2009) eat cake and crawl into bed and cover my head!
Old 01-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach can do it View Post
Yay more Wyo people to share the IP journey with! Question for you both. Have you found anywhere that sells WF items besides your coach? Where in Wyo are you?
i am in lovell. my friend in casper gets WF somewhere, i'll ask her... i have luck at albertsons depending on location or just go to netrition.com. they have all of it and great service. lots of reviews too...
Old 01-24-2011, 11:29 PM   #74  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

hmmmm well Rondar, that is very interesting...

Thanks for the tip! Im gonna have to try that one! Something, I certainly wouldn't have thought of

Ya know, I've spend the night snooping thru all the recipes here (and doing the copy & paste thing) WOW.. I could spend weeks browsing thru them, and I'm getting quite the laugh as to the comments about WF items...I mean to tell ya, I've about laughed myself off my stool. I've noticed some of the recipes must be for the after life of IP, and I've saving some of those too. Everything looks so fresh, healthy & clever I'm excited!!!!

Tho I think I'm already scared of WF.. LOL!

I've always been a vinigar & oil type of girl, myself.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:36 PM   #75  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
Happy NSV: With this week's WI I went from "obese" to just "overweight". I know its not much, but I had to share -- you don't know how long I have been wanting this scale to move downward!
This is a big deal! I remember when my BMI fell from obese to overweight and finally to normal. I was thrilled with each move. My BMI was 33.1 and now it is 22.5 I had blood work done in Dec. Great results. I'm proud for you, let us know as you move into the normal range. Celebrate your progress. Looking good is great, being healthy is necessary. Judy
Closed Thread