3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Walden Farms Product Reviews (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/223323-walden-farms-product-reviews.html)

NJChick78 06-09-2011 12:16 PM

The coleslaw dressing was so gross I spit it into the sink. Couldn't even swallow it.

RainyDayGirl007 06-14-2011 08:37 AM

My own Cocktail Sauce using Walden Farms

I mixed the Walden Farms Catsup with Prepared Horseradish and made a delicious Cocktail Sauce of my peel and eat shrimp. Make it to your own taste, but I mixed: 4 tablespoons of the Walden Farms Catsup with 1 tablespoon of the horseradish. No carbs, sugar, etc. Spicy and so good!

Laura G 06-14-2011 11:03 AM

ok - so not WF, but I found a really nice dressing at the supermarket yesterday - it's in the refridgerated section

Renee's fat free Tuscan Italian dressing - 3 cals, 0 fat, 0 carbs, 0 protein - so I'm guessing the 3 cals are actually from carbs but since it's less than 1 they can say 0 - very yummy, imo.

capri750 08-24-2011 11:30 PM

Some of the products are alright

I just got a pretty good variety of their products today. For what they are, they are not that bad. I made chicken alfredo with their sauce and miracle noodles. It was pretty good. Then I had the caramel dip with apples. As long as you don't gobble spoonfuls of it, it is pretty tasty.

futureskinnygirl 08-25-2011 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChick78 (Post 3884839)
The coleslaw dressing was so gross I spit it into the sink. Couldn't even swallow it.

I agree. It is nasty!

futureskinnygirl 08-25-2011 03:04 AM

Creamy Bacon Ranch is my favorite!
Thousand Island is good with the big mac in a bowl.
Honey BBQ is good with chicken and steak.
Seasame ginger is good in a stir fry.
Peanut butter is good with celery (not by itself)
Pancake syrup is really good!
Chocolate sauce is good in shakes!
Carmel syrup is also good in coffee!
Coleslaw dressing is icky!

jlewis88 08-25-2011 08:27 AM

I have only tried a few of them.
Bacon Ranch is great
Thousand Island is so much like the real thing it shocked me but way thinner but it still has the thousand island taste that I really like. I think even when i've lost all my weight I will continue to use this instead. I like it better I think.

BBQ sauce - awesome! I was missing this on my chicken and pork chops and I love the flavor. Its way better than I thought it would be. I will likely use this after I've lost my weight.

I've yet to try any of the others but based on what I've had so far I'm thinking I won't be disappointed.

Wildcatinwa 08-25-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainyDayGirl007 (Post 3869528)
I bought the Ranch at my local Kroger. I looked unsuccessfully for the Seafood Sauce, which I was told is like cocktail sauce for my shrimp. I don't like the ranch dressing at all and I don't anticipate liking any of the Walden Farms products.

I completely agree with you on the ranch, but don't give up on all WF.
I love the raspberry (looks like a spread)
Creamy bacon is good.
The maple syrup is a staple for me
Raspberry vin on a spinich salad is mmmmm
I am so so on the seafood sauce
Tangy BBQ is one of my favorites, I will use that when I am done with IP
Asian is good, sesame ginger not so much (maybe I will try it as a marinade)

wildflower613 09-09-2011 10:25 AM

Hope nobody minds if I bump this since it seems to be a topic of interest lately...

donnasidealdiet 09-09-2011 10:52 AM

Ketchup-ok
french-disgusting
Ranch- love it (hot seller)
BBQ- Love them all
Italian & Balsamic- Big sellers
Seafood- GROSS
Jams-weird & not so good
Pancake syrup-good
Marshmellow dip-taste like cool whip
Tomato & basil sauce- good
Alfredo sauce- good
Chipote Ranch- spicy mix with Ranch

Y Guy 09-10-2011 11:30 AM

As one that likes to use my smoker for meats I wasn't too sure about the ability to not use any BBQ sauce on this diet. So I was pretty surprised when I opened my first bottle of Original WF BBQ sauce and liked it. However, this week I bought a bottle of Honey BBQ sauce and was very disappointed. I prefer a sweet BBQ sauce, but the "honey" tasted more like chemical, and I went a couple of hours trying to get the chemical after taste out of my mouth. Pudding finally helped, not sure I want to give it another try but I know that day to day my taste buds do react differently, but wow that was bad.

BCGirl 09-10-2011 11:36 AM

I bought a whole bunch of WF and have tried the syrup (awesome), chocolate syrup on frozen pudding (great) and Italian. The Italian was kind of runny and flavorless :(.

Maile 09-10-2011 02:26 PM

I am like some others. When I first tried some of the WF dressings, I did not like them. 19 weeks later, I am using the Blue Cheese, Thousand Island, Russian and Creamy Italian. I often add rice vinegar to the dressings and spices such as curry powder.
I think the WF original pancake syrup is good.
I use the Garden Mayo recipe to doctor up the mayonaise.
The carmel syrup is nice to dip the pudding cakes in.

Lalison 09-26-2011 09:21 PM

Bump for people looking for information on walden farms products!

Greekgirldea 09-27-2011 12:57 AM

I just ordered a ton of stuff from there so I will let you know how it goes. I did just try the WF ketchup on my IP Herb Omlet and it was pretty tasty :-)