3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Walden Farms Product Reviews (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/223323-walden-farms-product-reviews.html)

bay316 01-17-2012 09:14 PM

Tbird-- I live in Woodstock, and I got my miracle noodles in Kitchener, at a place called Grandma's Gluten Free Goods. I got a pkg of rice and 2 pkg's of noodles for $2.99 plus 5%discount (don't know why lol but I'll take it) Ended up paying $8.52 for 3 pkg's

Callmesmall 01-18-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 (Post 3669802)
Does anyone know of any online sites that sell the WF products? Out of the 3 major grocery stores by me, only 1 carries a limited quantity of the salad dressings.

Netrition.com. Fast and the best prices. As an FYI, I didn't care for the products but I love them all now and I intend to continue to use them after i am off IP

maykatcooper 01-18-2012 09:00 AM

Did you guys know that the WF salad dressing recipe used when bought at the store is different than that ordered online? The flavors are even different. The key is, from the store "Keep Refrigerated" and is purchased in the refrigerated aisle, and from online "Refrigerate Adter Opening".

We old timers had this discussion about a year ago and one of the ladies even knew of some differing ingreds that would explain the diff flavor. I ABSOLUTELY prefer almost every flavor from online over the store bought.

Walden Farms online sends free single serve packet samples with an order but shipping is pretty high. www.waldenfarms.com

My favorite site for WF products is www.netrition.com . Their shipping is always $4.95 and it arrives very quickly.

whirlygirl72 01-18-2012 04:28 PM

I like the WF asian dressing. I actually use it when i cook chicken and veggie.. it give its that stir fry taste. I love chinese food and this helps my craving.

britne1 02-20-2012 02:50 PM

Can't Find Walden Farms Products

Hello everyone. I've been on the IP diet for 3 days. Besides feeling a little fatigued, things are going well.

I've been trying to find the Walden Farms products, but haven't had any luck at my local stores.

Does anyone know of any alternatives to WF products? Especially the syrup. I'd like to try the IP pancakes but know I need syrup to really enjoy.

Or does anyone have any alternatives to syrup that are allowed in Phase 1?

MrsChill 02-21-2012 04:23 PM

I'm not a huge fan of the salad dressing alone but I add Mrs. Dash spices, fresh garlic and lemon juice and it makes them WAYYYY better!

New Englander 02-21-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britne1 (Post 4223365)
Hello everyone. I've been on the IP diet for 3 days. Besides feeling a little fatigued, things are going well.

I've been trying to find the Walden Farms products, but haven't had any luck at my local stores.

Does anyone know of any alternatives to WF products? Especially the syrup. I'd like to try the IP pancakes but know I need syrup to really enjoy.

Or does anyone have any alternatives to syrup that are allowed in Phase 1?

Hey there, Price Chopper and Stop & Shops carry them. There's also a link in this thread for purchasing them online. It's not directly through WF but another resource and the shipping is really cheap. Off the top of my head I don't remember what it is though but I did use it and it is a good company. Good luck.

Sewmam 02-21-2012 07:05 PM

I just made my favorite dinner dish of all the experiments I've done in the past year...

I love garam masala, a curry spice blend. I love the WF apricot spread, and make a dressing with it, a little low-sodium tamari and a little of the apple cider vinegar (that often brightens the flavor of the WF dressings...). I do a stir fry of my vegees in olive oil, lots of garlic and hot peppers, and the garam masala. I topped a big bowl of lettuce with the vegees and some chicken, the dressing and finally, a bunch of fresh cilantro. It is so good....

idealme 02-22-2012 06:49 PM

I have to say guys.....I find their salad dressing disgusting :( I was hoping for it to be decent but...no such luck

legacy7 02-22-2012 08:51 PM

Yeah-these are best for the recipes!

WeightWatcher1949 02-25-2012 03:18 PM

Would Rather Eat DIRT!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyM (Post 3669826)
I bought about six different dressings plus the bbq sauce. I kept only the bbq sauce. I thought the rest were terrible. I make my own dressing every week and carry it with my lunch in a little plastic container inside my salad bowl. Le$$on learned.

I agree. Only the barbeque sauces are okay. Last week I tried the Peanut Butter Spread. I will eat anything, and I swear it tasted like arsenic. Not that I have ever tasted arsenic. But I imagine it would taste like that! I took it back to SPROUTS, the store that carries the entire WF line and they took it back graciously. It was inedible. And for me, that's amazing. If you are a peanut butter junkie on a diet, the only option is Better'nPeanut Butter. Very good, but not calorie free. But very delicious!

New Englander 03-18-2012 08:34 AM

Bump.

Yatese 03-18-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maykatcooper (Post 4177375)
Did you guys know that the WF salad dressing recipe used when bought at the store is different than that ordered online? The flavors are even different. The key is, from the store "Keep Refrigerated" and is purchased in the refrigerated aisle, and from online "Refrigerate Adter Opening".

We old timers had this discussion about a year ago and one of the ladies even knew of some differing ingreds that would explain the diff flavor. I ABSOLUTELY prefer almost every flavor from online over the store bought.

Walden Farms online sends free single serve packet samples with an order but shipping is pretty high. www.waldenfarms.com

My favorite site for WF products is www.netrition.com . Their shipping is always $4.95 and it arrives very quickly.

OMG - thank you so much. I noticed that the "in store" products had a slightly different color. I order most of mine through Netrition.com. The WF ketchup in the store looked disguesting (weird red color) but ordered one online and love it. The Spicy BBQ sauce is great....without having to add stuff to it to make it taste decent.

vickywicky1 03-27-2012 10:24 PM

I have found Walden Farms products on three diferent websites, i.e. Walden Farms.com, Vitacost.com and American Diabetes Wholesale.com. The prices and shipping costs varied between sites. For example you could purchase products @ ADW for approx. 3/$10 with free shipping on a $100 order. Vitacost WF products cost about 3/$11 with free shipping on a $49 order. WaldenFarms.com were the most expensive @ an average of $4.50/ea. I would not advise eating any of the sauces, dressings, dips or flavored mayos on their own, but as an addition to foods, they are awesome. They fulfill the part where the psychological says eating plain healthy foods is too boring, therefore I can't do w/o for long. (Although I tell myself that 9 weeks go by in a jif, it still becomes hard psychologically even with no hunger pains due to the hcG.) I have lost 65 lbs. in the past two years using the hcG diet intermittently. The problem with the hcG diet is the food choices are too restrictive for me. However, if I can have 4 oz of strawberries dipped in chocolate or apple slices dipped in caramel or simple salads with Thousand Island Dressing (instead of scant oil and vinegar and herbs), I feel as if I am totaling cheating while continuing to lose weight. Ketchup on my breadless hamburgers (during hcG maintenance), cocktail sauce on steamed shrimp, honey mustard mayo on chicken, Coleslaw dressing on chopped cabbage makes a world of difference. Also I've marinated meats in flavored BBQ sauces, pasta sauces and flavored Ranch dressings. This really makes dieting do-able for me. Yum! However you cannot eat these additions at every meal as WF products contain sucralose (Splenda) which can actually stimulate your appetite. :( But when you have to eat something tastier or you'll blow the diet completely, these are wonderful treats free of sugar, carbohydrates, cholesterol, gluten and fat!

The hcG diet suggests the only sweetener to use is stevia and I have been finding more and more stevia laden products. The Sweetleaf flavored stevia tinctures are available in many flavors and a 1/3 eye dropper (adjust according to your taste preferences) can be used in water, coffees and teas. I enjoy hot water adding chocolate drops to a go cup with lid and you can imagine sipping hot cocoa. The lid helps the imagination because you will not see clear water. I enjoy a few drops of hazelnut, vanilla creme, chocolate raspberry, Valencia orange, mint, English toffee or cinnamon in my coffee. Or experiment with a mixture of a few different flavorings, i.e. 3 drops of Valencia orange and 8 drops of chocolate. I also enjoy root beer and/or Valencia orange or mint in my green tea. The lemon tincture is great in cold water. Voila, sweetened lemonade! A plain non-flavored tincture of stevia is also available.

I've battled weight since puberty and mostly kept it under control (yo-yo) until I went through an extraordinarily tough situation approx. 20 yrs. ago when the weight continually piled on with a few losses which eventually resulted in a weight increase which was higher than before. So I gave up because every time I went on a diet, I became fatter. Sound familiar to anyone?

Lily's makes some chocolate bars with Stevia which is not calorie free but may also contain protein. If you read up on stevia, you will find it is actually healthy for your body.

Sans Sucre also makes brownie and cake mixes using stevia.

If you know of any other manufacturer's of stevia products, please let me know. Also I am interested in any websites you have found where these products may be ordered. Always looking for the lowest cost.

Thank you!
Vicky

wuv2bloved 05-18-2012 12:53 PM

bump