3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Wed. 19 Jan. 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/222924-ip-daily-chat-wed-19-jan-2011-a.html)

EatAnts 01-19-2011 07:00 AM

IP Daily Chat - Wed. 19 Jan. 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

juiceman11 01-19-2011 08:24 AM

Good morning all fellow IP'ers. I have a NSV, this morning I was able to comfortably fit into size 40 jeans from size 42 and I am now on the last hole on my belt. Felt nice to see some shrinkage. It is incredible, I am only 10 days into the program and will have my second WI tomorrow.

Keep up the good work all. Have a great day.

chjsmom 01-19-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceman11 (Post 3662191)
Good morning all fellow IP'ers. I have a NSV, this morning I was able to comfortably fit into size 40 jeans from size 42 and I am now on the last hole on my belt. Felt nice to see some shrinkage. It is incredible, I am only 10 days into the program and will have my second WI tomorrow.

That is awesome! Keep up the good work! If you work the program, the program works!! Have a great 100% day everyone!:broc:

Lilly0618 01-19-2011 09:00 AM

Good Morning! I am very happy today. I have lost about 15 pounds in the last 3 weeks. Tomorrow I have WI#3. I can't wait to see how many inches I have lost !!
I really hope I can get almost all my excess weight off my Feb 16, I am going to visit family in TX and it is going to be very hard to be eating with all my family (all they cook is Mexican Food) and having to just keep eating the packets, at least, if I am in phase 2 then I can eat two "regular meals" and then just breakfast and the snack is going to be with the IP Packets. Also, Phase 2 will be a lot easier if we go out to lunch or dinner.
We will see, I still have a month to loose some more pounds. I am able to exercise now but I am a little scared that my weight loss will slow down. What do you guys think? Are you exercising? Has your weight loss slow down?

CBG 01-19-2011 09:02 AM

Morning everyone. Hope you all have terrific a terrific IP day today! I hope to somehow find time to squeeze an appointment in for WI today. Missed yesterday's WI due to meetings after work - first one missed too....so feel a little out of my routine! That and I think I will finally see some downward movement on the scale and after having a stallout for a few weeks I am looking for the good news.

SJackson 01-19-2011 09:05 AM

Good morning everyone!!! It sounds like everyone is doing fabulous with their weight loss, sticking to the plan and getting healthy. I had my WI yesterday, lost 1 more lb. Can't wait for next weeks WI!!! I haven't been in the 150s since, who knows, I can't remember.

My coach was telling me that one of the women in the program told her yesterday that, even though she has lost 25 lbs, she just can't do it and is quitting!!!! I told my coach to call her and tell her about this forum and to NOT GIVE UP!!!! The coach says that she cheats a lot, and doesn't follow the protocol. I hope they call her and tell her to come in here and read everyone's successes, and hiccups, and she'll see that she's not alone and she can do it.

Carla.....I read in one of your posts yesterday that we aren't supposed to be drinking the blueberry drink packet more than 3x a week. Is that all the time, or just the first couple of weeks? I really enjoy the flavor and I usually have that for my 2nd packet at least 5x a week.

NSV for me....my doctor took me completely off of my blood pressure medicine!!! :carrot: He cut my dose in half a little over a week ago, and that first weekend at half dose my blood pressure was 104-108 over 72-75, so he told me to stop taking it. I'm monitoring it daily and will report back to him should it start elevating. As of right now, it's averaging out at 110/73.

I hope everyone has a great day today.

SJackson 01-19-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly0618 (Post 3662258)
Good Morning! I am very happy today. I have lost about 15 pounds in the last 3 weeks. Tomorrow I have WI#3. I can't wait to see how many inches I have lost !!
I really hope I can get almost all my excess weight off my Feb 16, I am going to visit family in TX and it is going to be very hard to be eating with all my family (all they cook is Mexican Food) and having to just keep eating the packets, at least, if I am in phase 2 then I can eat two "regular meals" and then just breakfast and the snack is going to be with the IP Packets. Also, Phase 2 will be a lot easier if we go out to lunch or dinner.
We will see, I still have a month to loose some more pounds. I am able to exercise now but I am a little scared that my weight loss will slow down. What do you guys think? Are you exercising? Has your weight loss slow down?

I've starting exercising, but I don't think I'd notice a difference in the weight loss. I seem to be in the "slow loser club" now :(

15 lbs in 3 weeks is awesome!!! Good for you!!!!

iowahawkeyemom 01-19-2011 09:31 AM

Decided this morning to put the scale away and weigh only at my offical weigh ins. I'm thinking it is playing mind games with me. I'm also going to add more daily water to kick these last pounds off. Start measuring exactly also. Maybe even get onto the exercise bike that has been collecting dust in my kitchen. It's been pure ice outside so no walks. We're headed to Phoenix in Feb for a months stay and so hope to be at goal before we go. Looking forward to sunshine and being able to walk without a snowsuit on.

Have a great day everyone.

Lightweight 01-19-2011 09:54 AM

Good Morning all.... Just wanting to report that I have moved into phase II, and after being stalled for a week or so the scale has moved down a pound a day..... wooww... I Love this diet!... I have upped my exercise. I even went to the library and got some old VHS movies. (My exercise bike is in a room with only a VHS player) -11 here this morning, so guess where I'll be heating up! For those who are stalled, hang in there. Stick to protocol and get out those old workout tapes, and equipment that we all have.... or buddy up and go to the gym.... You will be glad you did. Have happy day!

juiceman11 01-19-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chjsmom (Post 3662212)
That is awesome! Keep up the good work! If you work the program, the program works!! Have a great 100% day everyone!:broc:

Thanks! Keep up the good work as well!

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 01-19-2011 10:00 AM

Congrats to all who are having their successes today! :)

ok, for once and for all.........I was just told from a friend who is taking 'IP coach training"....... NO snacking inbetween meals... after the first couple of weeks. I am at 5.5 mths into this..........and we have discussed a lot about hunger and cravings.... mine was the dreaded peanut butter... STOPPED that...so i asked the question here re: egg whites... the mix i use is 0/0/1. 30 calories. I eat at like 0630 - 7am in the morning (IP product) so by 10 or 1030 I am hungry! so have started to take the egg whites. NOW i am told that its wrong!!!!!! Carla and friends.... can you shed light on this once and for all? I dont want to be screwing up my progress..... or messing with the IP to the point of no success. Thanks to everyone

whodatchick 01-19-2011 10:02 AM

Good Morning!!! I hope everyone has a GREAT day!!! I've seen, but can't seen to find, a copy of the Daily Food Journal. I used my last one and didn't copy it and emailed my clinic to send me one and they haven't yet. Does anyone remember where it was? Or if you have one, can you send it to me please?? THANKS!!!

CutieEli 01-19-2011 10:16 AM

GOOD MORNING!!!! :D

I wanted to start off by saying that I LOVE reading the posts!!! It gives me so much motivation to go through my day!
So a big :thanks: to everyone!!!

I also wanted to say thank you to Carla for yesterday's reply on the soup!!!
I will absolutely try that over the weekend at the cottage!

I realized that I do have an addiction to food. It's like it's calling my name all the time and it's annoying the s*** out of me! Sorry for my language but that's how much I am fed up with it!

I know I can do this diet ONCE AND FOR ALL instead of wasting my money and starting over every time and I am GLAD that I am doing it that way this time!

This week is a little harder because I am tight on money...my paychek didn't go in they were having problems in HR and now I can't go do my groceries for the week!!! So hopefuly I will be able to find healthy alternatives for lunch at work...:(

Anywho I am certain that this week will be a successful week for everyone of us!! :D My weigh in is on Monday and I can't waitttt! ;)

amber2beme 01-19-2011 10:17 AM

Congrats to everyone on your NSV's and the weight loss! I love reading all the posts cause it helps me to know that i'm not the only one that can be an over thinker.
I weighed in last night and lost 3 pounds :carrot: I did officially switch to my "weigh-in outfit" so it could have been a little bit of a higher loss from getting out of the jeans but I'm not gonna focus on that!
I got a sheet from my clinic telling me the carb amounts in each vegetable and she did mention staying within 20-25 carbs a day. So i am just gonna see what I can do about that...maybe i was going over and didn't realize. Plus will probably keep me more accountable with measuring my vegetables and getting them all in.
I am worried that I am going to become a 2 pound a week loser. I know this is still very good especially if it is consistent...BUT my dad is paying for this program and I mentioned that it may take longer than two months to get to goal and he said that after 2 months i should know enough that I can do it on my own without paying for their food. *insert panic attack here*
I'm gonna try not to future trip too much about it though at this point. He also said that I need to get on my ellyptical or i wont see big losses either. But again I have read so many times that people slow down in their loss which i just think is an oxymoron. I am now in week 3 so technically i am past the 2 week no exercise marker. i don't know..OVER THINKING!!!!!

Good luck to everyone today have an AMAZING IP DAY!!! :cp:

jupiter 01-19-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whodatchick (Post 3662405)
Good Morning!!! I hope everyone has a GREAT day!!! I've seen, but can't seen to find, a copy of the Daily Food Journal. I used my last one and didn't copy it and emailed my clinic to send me one and they haven't yet. Does anyone remember where it was? Or if you have one, can you send it to me please?? THANKS!!!

I bumped the food journal sheet thread for you. It is a good one, I use it as well.

Mammers 01-19-2011 10:30 AM

So Happy! Weigh in #19 puts me into ONEderland!!! I had a loss of 5.4lbs today for a grand total of 69.3lbs. I am currently doing a happy dance :)

CutieEli 01-19-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mammers (Post 3662491)
So Happy! Weigh in #19 puts me into ONEderland!!! I had a loss of 5.4lbs today for a grand total of 69.3lbs. I am currently doing a happy dance :)

that is FANTASTIIIIIC!!!!!!!!!!! I am So happy for you! I am dancing with you :carrot: hehe Keep on the good work!!!

CheekyWit 01-19-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJackson (Post 3662271)
Good morning everyone!!! It sounds like everyone is doing fabulous with their weight loss, sticking to the plan and getting healthy. I had my WI yesterday, lost 1 more lb. Can't wait for next weeks WI!!! I haven't been in the 150s since, who knows, I can't remember.

My coach was telling me that one of the women in the program told her yesterday that, even though she has lost 25 lbs, she just can't do it and is quitting!!!! I told my coach to call her and tell her about this forum and to NOT GIVE UP!!!! The coach says that she cheats a lot, and doesn't follow the protocol. I hope they call her and tell her to come in here and read everyone's successes, and hiccups, and she'll see that she's not alone and she can do it.

Carla.....I read in one of your posts yesterday that we aren't supposed to be drinking the blueberry drink packet more than 3x a week. Is that all the time, or just the first couple of weeks? I really enjoy the flavor and I usually have that for my 2nd packet at least 5x a week.

NSV for me....my doctor took me completely off of my blood pressure medicine!!! :carrot: He cut my dose in half a little over a week ago, and that first weekend at half dose my blood pressure was 104-108 over 72-75, so he told me to stop taking it. I'm monitoring it daily and will report back to him should it start elevating. As of right now, it's averaging out at 110/73.

I hope everyone has a great day today.

What a HUGE health victory for you - off blood pressure meds is a big big big deal - YIPEEEEE for you

CheekyWit 01-19-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

YIPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! What a victory and what a stunning weight loss - this is motivation for my motivation bank - thanks for sharing

juiceman11 01-19-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Congratulations! WAY TO GO!:D

whodatchick 01-19-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whodatchick (Post 3662405)

NEVERMIND...she sent it to me!!!

CheekyWit 01-19-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceman11 (Post 3662191)

Congratulations to you!!!!! - that must feel so good - it is amazing how the body reshapes even when we aren't watching (ha, ha,ha) or in my case over watching:) -- Cannot wait to hear about your next weigh in

I wanted to share a use for WF dressing with you - last night I made a mock pesto with spinach, basil, garlic, a 1/2 tsp of olive oil and a tablespoon or so of the WF Cesar dressing -- I used this as a base for stuffed chicken breasts - it turned out really good and it was a nice way to use the salad dressing. (I am trying to be creative and not waste while still enjoying taste)

whosinthemirror 01-19-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Fantastic!!! Congratulations! You are an inspiration!:carrot:

whosinthemirror 01-19-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber2beme (Post 3662460)
Congrats to everyone on your NSV's and the weight loss! I love reading all the posts cause it helps me to know that i'm not the only one that can be an over thinker.
BUT my dad is paying for this program and I mentioned that it may take longer than two months to get to goal and he said that after 2 months i should know enough that I can do it on my own without paying for their food. *insert panic attack here*

Make sure to look at the IP - Food Alternative Ideas & Tips sticky. I am on week 4 and have used all alternative products. Much more affordable and I have had great results so far! It can be done!

pumpkyparry 01-19-2011 11:07 AM

For ShowgirlAZ - Carla

Have not been here for the past few days but did read that you are back for another round in your weight loss journey....just take all the help you have given the rest of us and turn it back on you.

There is No Way knowing what you do about this journey, that you can't succeed...If any of us here can help you we will surely do it. I'm slowly making my way back into that "focused cocoon" where no one... and nothing can cause a misstep. Is it easy? No, but to paraphrase Jordana, "I can't lose (pick a number) pounds but I can lose 10 lbs several times. It still rings in my ears.

Get thru the first week and smooth sailing is ahead!!!!

Marilyn

whosinthemirror 01-19-2011 11:07 AM

I must confess I have been lurking this week! Everyone does such a great job congratulating each other I feel like saying ditto for every post! WI #3 was Monday and I lost 4 more of those pesky boogers!!! YEAH ME! So excited. People are starting to notice the difference and my clothes are getting baggy! Can't believe it! I feel like I have found the elusive and mythical fountain of youth! Took long enough! But now I will forever know the secret! Congrats to all of us for great losses and NSVs. And thanks to all who share their ups and downs (and very motivating pictures!). Nice to know I am not alone on this crazy adventure! Oh yeah... and I got my ticker... guess I am not a newbie anymore! LOL.;)

SweetSheila 01-19-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

I weighed in last night and lost 3 pounds :carrot: I did officially switch to my "weigh-in outfit" so it could have been a little bit of a higher loss from getting out of the jeans but I'm not gonna focus on that!
I got a sheet from my clinic telling me the carb amounts in each vegetable and she did mention staying within 20-25 carbs a day. So i am just gonna see what I can do about that...maybe i was going over and didn't realize. Plus will probably keep me more accountable with measuring my vegetables and getting them all in.
I am worried that I am going to become a 2 pound a week loser. I know this is still very good especially if it is consistent...BUT my dad is paying for this program and I mentioned that it may take longer than two months to get to goal and he said that after 2 months i should know enough that I can do it on my own without paying for their food. *insert panic attack here*
I'm gonna try not to future trip too much about it though at this point. He also said that I need to get on my ellyptical or i wont see big losses either. But again I have read so many times that people slow down in their loss which i just think is an oxymoron. I am now in week 3 so technically i am past the 2 week no exercise marker. i don't know..OVER THINKING!!!!!

Great job on the three pound loss. That is a lot of weight! Could you by chance share your carb sheet that you received from your coach? If your dad does stop the funding maybe you can do the alternative plan? Lots of people have had great success with it and I have a friend that likes it. Just throwing that out there. I know for me accountability is huge so I completely understand the panic BUT don't let that bring in negative thoughts. You have a great support group here and you can do whatever you put your mind to :)

Quote:

:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:: bravo::bravo::bravo:

So excited for you! That is a huge accomplishment! I am also doing a happy dance for you :D

Hope everyone has a fantastic day. Day three and I am feeling great. No headache, no cravings so far, and lots of energy. Congrats to all of you that have lost and can't wait to see all of the losses today.

Question: Has anyone ever had there Jello not set up? Night before last I made it just like instructed and put it in the fridge.....nothing. Made it last night and put it in the freezer and still nothing. I don't mind drinking it but I kinda miss the jello. Hmmmmm......thoughts???

Thought this was a good quote
"Make your life a mission--not an intermission." – Glasgow

:grouphug:
Sheila

juiceman11 01-19-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheekyWit (Post 3662537)
Congratulations to you!!!!! - that must feel so good - it is amazing how the body reshapes even when we aren't watching (ha, ha,ha) or in my case over watching:) -- Cannot wait to hear about your next weigh in

I wanted to share a use for WF dressing with you - last night I made a mock pesto with spinach, basil, garlic, a 1/2 tsp of olive oil and a tablespoon or so of the WF Cesar dressing -- I used this as a base for stuffed chicken breasts - it turned out really good and it was a nice way to use the salad dressing. (I am trying to be creative and not waste while still enjoying taste)

Thank you. Thanks also for the different use of the WF Ceasar. It is really the only one I can tolerate by itself and have a full bottle of ranch and honey dijon to do something with.

I would have to say that I am an over watcher and weigher at this point. I weigh myself 3 times a day....I know that is crazy right?! I am sure it will tapper off. I do a first thing weigh, after I get off work and home, and then weigh right before bed. First time in my days on IP which is 10, that the scale has not shown a decrease. Not worried though.

CheekyWit 01-19-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

I am sitting at my desk laughing -- your "weigh in outfit" and overthinking - you could be my twin :) - Congrats on your weight loss!!!! Don't let your dad discourage you - I often find when you prove to people you can do something, you are dedicated and you have passion for it those kinds of deadlines soften a bit...just a thought (since I don't personally know your dad). Way to go, bravo and all those well earned accolades!!!!

Beachbella 01-19-2011 11:32 AM

Wow everyone is doing so well. It has me excited for my WI on Friday. Feeling the good vibes from all of you. So awesome to see all the weight loss. For those that feel like they are "slow loosers" you should not feel that way at all. Think of it this way.... it could have been a gain... so try to stay positive.

Rach can do it 01-19-2011 11:33 AM

This diet and loosing weight has helped me to realize that I CAN be the fit young gal that I want to be! I have always wanted to do a triathlon and I have decided that this is the year! June 4th, 2011 is the date. I am hoping to reach my weight loss goal before then and have this be my motivation to keep the weight off.

I have a friend who did this triathlon last year and she wants me to do it with her this year. Hoping this will be a help also.

Have a great IP day!

mepeterson 01-19-2011 11:38 AM

Hello all, Have a great Day

Lilly0618 01-19-2011 11:40 AM

Oh no!! I was doing so well!!! I just realized I forgot my IP Lunch Packet in the kitchen this morning!! What do you guys think I should do for lunch? Should I eat some other protein( Chicken, Fish, Meat), or should I stick with just the big salad and veggies?
I am so hungry and I don't want to go buy some other food that will make me loose focus. :(

queenmimi 01-19-2011 11:55 AM

Hey all! Haven't been on here in awhile and just wanted to drop in and wish everyone a happy day! :)

DinobowerRN 01-19-2011 11:58 AM

I am happy to report that I made it thru day 1 of my IP journey. Did have a headache last night so I did the salt water thing and went to bed. This morning I feel pretty good so far and am still on track!! It is such a motivation boost to read this forum every morning!! Thank you everyone!! ;)

SallyM 01-19-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJackson (Post 3662279)
I've starting exercising, but I don't think I'd notice a difference in the weight loss. I seem to be in the "slow loser club" now :(

15 lbs in 3 weeks is awesome!!! Good for you!!!!

I am a slow loser too, but I did notice that when I began walking 3 - 5 miles about 3 or 4 times a week, I started to lose more pounds and inches. It can be difficult to be a slow loser, but at least we're not gaining!! It has really affected my attitude in the past, but now I'm just going with the flow because I feel so much better on the diet in general.

I have a question about wii fit. My kids have one and I just started the yoga on the wii fit. Does anyone have a good yoga game for wii that you would recommend? :goodvibes I will do much better if I can just wake up and work out here at home and not have to shower, drive to work out, drive home, shower again, etc. Thanks everyone and have a great IP day!!
:carrot:

SallyM 01-19-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly0618 (Post 3662648)
Oh no!! I was doing so well!!! I just realized I forgot my IP Lunch Packet in the kitchen this morning!! What do you guys think I should do for lunch? Should I eat some other protein( Chicken, Fish, Meat), or should I stick with just the big salad and veggies?
I am so hungry and I don't want to go buy some other food that will make me loose focus. :(

Don't panic!! You can eat a regular protein (chicken, fish, meat, eggs) for lunch with your salad and veges and then do the packet for dinner! I've done it both ways depending on my schedule.

Relax.......breathe....... All is well!! :hug:

SallyM 01-19-2011 12:06 PM

Ok, here I go, IPers....I'm going to change my goal to 125. 125!!! It almost feels, I don't know, cocky, ya know? But I'm going to take the plunge!!! 125 here I come!!! :shrug::dance::flow1:

amber2beme 01-19-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetSheila (Post 3662586)
Great job on the three pound loss. That is a lot of weight! Could you by chance share your carb sheet that you received from your coach?
Question: Has anyone ever had there Jello not set up? Night before last I made it just like instructed and put it in the fridge.....nothing. Made it last night and put it in the freezer and still nothing. I don't mind drinking it but I kinda miss the jello. Hmmmmm......thoughts???

:grouphug:
Sheila

I can scan in the sheet and upload it tonight when i get home.:) i have done a little writting on it.. i pust asrisks next to the "allowable" vegetables and the carb range for the day on the top so it's a bit messy.
I had 2 of the jello packets in my "starter kit" and BOTH TIMES they didn't set up. I mentioned it to my coach and she said too much water....maybe not long enough in the fridge too. i think it's like 2 hrs or something. so make it before dinner then it should be done by the time you are to be having your snack...that is, with the right amount of water i am guessing.

Hollmark 01-19-2011 12:28 PM

Good morning everyone...
Congrats to all of the big losers!! I 've been on IP for 15 days, my WI is Friday, I can't wait to step on the scale....I can't believe I just wrote that, I've never had that feeling before!
Wishing everyone a super day!!!